Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

To Those having FunFollow

#1 Oct 10 2010 at 3:08 AM Rating: Default
21 posts
Are we playing the same game? I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy.
#2 Oct 10 2010 at 3:16 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game? I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy.
I think that some people are simply so excited to be finally playing FFXIV after years of it being in the works, so that they are willing to forgive any problems in the game just to be a part of the new experience.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#3 Oct 10 2010 at 3:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
278 posts
Or we could be having fun. I hold no love for the FInal Fantasy series other than 6.

I also came into the game thinking it would suck and be an abomination. I guess setting your bar low helps more than getting unreasonably hyped.

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 5:22am by Wloire
#4 Oct 10 2010 at 3:22 AM Rating: Good
I love the game and everything about it I will be playing it for the next 4 years.


To those who donet enjoy th game...... move on no reason to linger around and create your self more stress or hatred towards a game you dont even like.
____________________________
"Reason itself is fallible, and this fallibility must find a place in our logic."
-Nicola Abbagnano-
#5 Oct 10 2010 at 3:23 AM Rating: Good
bsphil wrote:
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game? I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy.
I think that some people are simply so excited to be finally playing FFXIV after years of it being in the works, so that they are willing to forgive any problems in the game just to be a part of the new experience.


Or, revelation!

We have different tastes and opinions.
It isn't about "forgiving" as much as it is understanding in some cases and also forgiving.

Also OP, stop stop trolling.
____________________________
Nyla Dreshi - Istory 
Linkshell: Rebirth 
ARM-[22] / ALC-[15] / GLA-[15] / THM-[14] / Phys 30
#6 Oct 10 2010 at 3:41 AM Rating: Decent
**
465 posts
I almost have to coerce myself into playing. That's.. Well it speaks for itself. At this point, I just want to get Goldsmith to 50, and see how much more I want to stop playing. It'll be a masochistic endeavor if there ever was one - I might not make it if the social aspect continues to lag. ..Not even gonna try to avoid that pun.

One of the few redeeming thoughts I've had is thinking of the RMT - they have to deal with it too! Plus, I could see them wondering aloud why anyone would want to buy gil to use in this game.

Edit - I think the best part of XIV isn't even in the game. It's reading random blogs and whatnot on the lodestone.

That's how I'm trying to salvage some "fun" these days.

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 6:01am by Coyohma
____________________________
Lodestone
#7 Oct 10 2010 at 6:34 AM Rating: Default
**
451 posts
This game is just a unique,special once in 100 years type of failure,

On one hand,it sux hardcore.It has some potential,in the sense that if they redesign the entire UI,gameplay mechanics,and copy and pasted zones,in other words,just make an entirely new game,it will turn into a good game.

I also have to make myself play it,to justify the purchase.But i log on and after about 30 min or so,its just like...this blows.

On the other hand,the graphics are so nice,it ruins other mmo's I play.After geting fed up with latency and running 452457634897 kilometers from mob to mob to grind SP,I log off and try to play WoW and it just looks like an out dated PoS.Same with DDO.

So not only has SE created a bad game,they have found a way to also destroy an entire genre for me.That is truely and exeptional form of fail.
#8 Oct 10 2010 at 6:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
208 posts
KristoFurwalken wrote:


On the other hand,the graphics are so nice,it ruins other mmo's I play.After geting fed up with latency and running 452457634897 kilometers from mob to mob to grind SP,I log off and try to play WoW and it just looks like an out dated PoS.Same with DDO.

So not only has SE created a bad game,they have found a way to also destroy an entire genre for me.That is truely and exeptional form of fail.


haha, you and me both buddy, i was playin LOTRO for the couple days of downtime waiting for CE to ship and was having a blast, now i try and play it and it just seems soooo ugly and outdated lol :(
#9 Oct 10 2010 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
bsphil wrote:
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game? I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy.
I think that some people are simply so excited to be finally playing FFXIV after years of it being in the works, so that they are willing to forgive any problems in the game just to be a part of the new experience.


You can have criticisms and still enjoy yourself. Sure I'm not playing all day everyday, but I think the fact that I work at night and go to school in the day has more to do with that then any lack of stuff to do. I understand people expressing their disappointment and posting suggestions, but threads like this are just obnoxious. Not a good look OP...
#10 Oct 10 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
133 posts
So what you're saying is... "For those having fun.... please stop, you're bothering me" =P
#11 Oct 10 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
575 posts
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game?


Yeah, we must just be playing it correctly.
#12 Oct 10 2010 at 9:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
539 posts
What would be fabulous is if people stopped making broad generalizations. The world is not black and white. Yes, there are some issues with the game. Is it game-breaking for me? no. Am I having fun, enjoying my friends and wanting to sign on everyday to craft, do guildleves and what not? Yes.

Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean anyone who does is a blithering idiot, it means they have a different opinion than you. Get over it pls k thnx.
____________________________


#13 Oct 10 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
26 posts
Im having fun with the game. Its not the best but its by no means the worst mmo i have played. I just bought the game friday, knowing full well that most people hate it. So i went in knowing what to expect. At the moment i wouldnt say its that steaming pile of crap most people seem to think it is. Its not far from it though. But im still having fun so i dont care. All i really wanted was something new an it gives me that, plus one **** of a time sink.
#14 Oct 10 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
22 posts
The problem is some people have this insane idea that they have to impress their understanding unto someone else. They think that if they found a bad expierence and someone else didn't then that person obvisly is not educated enough and must be taught why this game sucks. I am sure everyone who has or is currently playing knows about its good and bad points. For me paying $13 a month for game in its current state is not worth it and I hope that those who are currently enjoying it continue to do so. That way if/when they fix certain issues, then if/when I return, there will be a thriving community to jion.
#15 Oct 10 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
You know, I know the OP might be generalizing and all but I don't think I've ever heard a single reason to like the game from anyone who says they do like it. They just say "I LIKE IT, NUFF SAID!" Which is fine, I guess. But it doesn't really mean anything and certainly doesn't disprove anything.

#16 Oct 10 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
180 posts
Probably because we don't need to disprove your negative opinions on the game. A simple "I'm having a blast" before resuming play is good enough.
____________________________
FFXI: PLD BST BRD RDM SAM PUP


#17 Oct 10 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Good
*
205 posts
Some of us look to something challenging and then say "Bring it on." Some of us look to a challenge and say "This sucks." It's a "glass half empty, or glass half full" look on it. Do you see this game as glass half empty, or do you see the game as glass half full?

Personally I'm a glass half full kind of guy. Yes there are some things that are a bit cumbersome, but all in all I can do whatever I need to do. I've gotten used to the UI and though a bit clunky, it's fine after you get used to it. It could be worse, it could be all command based like a MUD, then you'd have to remember all the command lines in order to figure out how to open the menu and stuff. But even then I'd look forward to a challenge.

To each their own.
____________________________
It's not who we are, but what we do that define us. - Batman Begins

#18 Oct 10 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
28 posts
The game is rife with issues! But I'm still enjoying myself when I play. I do have a(n albeit limited) enjoyment of grinding, and gathering and crafting are fun for me. See what I said there--"for me". My experience, my fun (and frustration), and eventually, my money.

Plus, I'm looking forward to seeing how the game progresses over time. Whether SE fails or succeeds, it'll be interesting. </game tester perspective>

Why on earth would you think "fun" is a universal quality that is the same for every person? People have different tastes in everything. This game as it is does have a crap ton of hurdles for a LOT of potential players, but that doesn't at all diminish the individual experiences of particular people who're having a good time.
#19 Oct 10 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
539 posts
runtheplacered wrote:
You know, I know the OP might be generalizing and all but I don't think I've ever heard a single reason to like the game from anyone who says they do like it. They just say "I LIKE IT, NUFF SAID!" Which is fine, I guess. But it doesn't really mean anything and certainly doesn't disprove anything.



Well, to be fair when I try to give reasons for liking the game I'm rated down and told I am wrong. First off, last time I checked having fun is a reason for liking the game, and I /do/ have fun. I play this game with my fiance and some friends from FFXI. We craft, farm and do leves together. I enjoy this interaction.

I also really like the crafting/gathering system. I know people are annoyed at the lack of recipe lists and the difficulty of procuring some items, but I have had little difficulty. There are /annoyances/ with having to be a high level to make the material for an item that is a low level synth, but I have been able to work around it. Thus far in the game I have outfitted myself, my fiancee and our friends with cloth and leather armor, and it feels good. I never had those kind of results with crafting in XI. I find this system to lend a sort of self-sufficiency that I find enjoyable, and I am proud of my achievements in my DoH classes.

There are a laundry list of things that I find make this game worth my time, and I look forward to playing after work each day. Does everyone? Nope. Does that mean no one else can? **** no. What would be nice is if everyone had the sudden epiphany that players look for different things in games. What some find to be a deal breaker others don't mind. Big deal, move on, play something else.
____________________________


#20 Oct 10 2010 at 10:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
runtheplacered wrote:
They just say "I LIKE IT, NUFF SAID!" Which is fine, I guess. But it doesn't really mean anything


On the contrary, it means everything. If you like the game, play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's as simple as that.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#21 Oct 10 2010 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
33 posts
I bet SE has a perfect version FFXIV waiting to launch. Complete with quick gui, auction house, a big tutorial zone, flying mounts, pvp, ingame web browsing, player housing with widescreen TVs and virtual PS3's and free lifetime subs for recruiting a friend.

However this secret version cannot be released until they've completed their social experiments on the forum trolls who think their opinions matter.
#22 Oct 10 2010 at 11:45 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
bsphil wrote:
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game? I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy.
I think that some people are simply so excited to be finally playing FFXIV after years of it being in the works, so that they are willing to forgive any problems in the game just to be a part of the new experience.

It goes both way. Some people are so excited for a game that they go in with very high expectations and got ****** when they're not met.
#23 Oct 10 2010 at 12:04 PM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
ChrisMattern wrote:
runtheplacered wrote:
They just say "I LIKE IT, NUFF SAID!" Which is fine, I guess. But it doesn't really mean anything


On the contrary, it means everything. If you like the game, play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's as simple as that.


Can't anyone ever just actually read what's written? Man this forum is so annoying. People flock to a comment without reading it. What part of "Which is fine" did you not read? Is it the part where I said that's fine?

But if you want to have an actual conversation about this game you'll need to bring up reasons. Otherwise what are you adding to the conversation? Absolutely nothing, hence the "doesn't mean anything".

I swear it's seriously hard to talk about anything in this forum. It's full of people that read the first 3 words of a post and nothing more.

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 2:05pm by runtheplacered
#24 Oct 10 2010 at 12:07 PM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
olaurelindorenan wrote:
runtheplacered wrote:
You know, I know the OP might be generalizing and all but I don't think I've ever heard a single reason to like the game from anyone who says they do like it. They just say "I LIKE IT, NUFF SAID!" Which is fine, I guess. But it doesn't really mean anything and certainly doesn't disprove anything.



Well, to be fair when I try to give reasons for liking the game I'm rated down and told I am wrong. First off, last time I checked having fun is a reason for liking the game, and I /do/ have fun.


Did I ever say it wasn't a reason for a liking a game? "Last I checked"... Why say something like that? Did you ever really check? With whom or where did you check?

The rest of what you said is great though. You gave reasons. That adds to the discussion, you see?

This is an example of not having a discussion:

"I hate it"

"Well, I like it"

"Well, I hate it"

"Well, I like it"

That's all my point was. If you don't want to give reasons, fine.. go ahead and have fun with all the fun things you're doing. But why are you including yourself in the conversation
#25 Oct 10 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
Libtech wrote:
Probably because we don't need to disprove your negative opinions on the game. A simple "I'm having a blast" before resuming play is good enough.


It's good enough for what? For playing the game? What are you talking about?

I'm talking about having a discussion. "I'm having a blast" is actually not enough for having a conversation. That is a definitively closed statement leaving no room for discussion.

That's 3 people that managed to have no idea what I was saying. I absolutely love this forum sometimes.
#26 Oct 10 2010 at 12:37 PM Rating: Default
21 posts
Libtech wrote:
Probably because we don't need to disprove your negative opinions on the game. A simple "I'm having a blast" before resuming play is good enough.


The fanyboism is getting rediculous for this game. Just because you like the game doesn't mean its a good game. Its like saying your son is good at sports when he reality he sucks.
#27 Oct 10 2010 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
*
121 posts
Don't know about you, but all of us on my LS are having a ton of fun. We have about 70 members and at least 40 of those are on all the time. I think we're just having too much fine to post our opinion on forums. :)
#28 Oct 10 2010 at 2:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
jasonsnow wrote:
Libtech wrote:
Probably because we don't need to disprove your negative opinions on the game. A simple "I'm having a blast" before resuming play is good enough.


The fanyboism is getting rediculous for this game. Just because you like the game doesn't mean its a good game. Its like saying your son is good at sports when he reality he sucks.

Just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean it isn't a good game. The Anti "fanboyism" is just as ridiculous. What's more obnoxiuos, is the fact that your post is just calling people out. You are attacking people for now sound reason or purpose other than to troll, or to make yourself feel better. Either way, it shows a serious lack of maturity, and creativity.
____________________________

#29 Oct 10 2010 at 2:12 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game?


Yeah, we must just be playing it correctly.


Correctly? What does that even mean? I think both of you are playing it correctly it is just that he does not enjoy they game and you do. Not everyone enjoys the same things.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#30 Oct 10 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
278 posts
jasonsnow wrote:
Libtech wrote:
Probably because we don't need to disprove your negative opinions on the game. A simple "I'm having a blast" before resuming play is good enough.


The fanyboism is getting rediculous for this game. Just because you like the game doesn't mean its a good game. Its like saying your son is good at sports when he reality he sucks.


Yea, thats a great analogy for it? FFXIV exists for two reasons one of which is to entertain players. If it is entertaining players then it is a good game, it is doing its job. Just because there are those who don't enjoy it doesn't mean its a complete piece of ****.

I hate WoW, the game is way to easy and marketed for a mainstream audience who don't want to think unless they are doing a new raid. **** to me WoW is essentially the American Top-40 of video games, full of Miley Cyrus' and Justin Beiber's and there is a large subset of MMO gamers who would agree. Does that make WoW a terrible game? For me yes but not for you, if you enjoy it then it's serving its purpose.

I don't have to be a fanboy to enjoy FFXIV, just like I didn't have to be a fanboy to enjoy EVE, EQ or FFXI. I enjoy it, its fun, going by this thread, others enjoy it. You clearly don't so move on? There are plenty of options in the market.

[fishingforratedowns] Some of you 7 post trolls are worse then Glenn Beck. You make the most noise and ruckus and think because of that you suddenly represent the majority vote. Those having fun don't give a **** about ZAM's forums and are just playing the game. [/fishingforratedowns]
#31 Oct 10 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Default
*
89 posts
deathly809 wrote:
Vawn43 wrote:
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game?


Yeah, we must just be playing it correctly.


Correctly? What does that even mean? I think both of you are playing it correctly it is just that he does not enjoy they game and you do. Not everyone enjoys the same things.


I think in this case "correctly" means "under influence of specially chosen drugs".
#32 Oct 10 2010 at 2:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
64 posts
Quote:
I swear it's seriously hard to talk about anything in this forum. It's full of people that read the first 3 words of a post and nothing more.
Wrong! it's full of people that are complaining. That's ruining this forum. Because you can't have a decent discussing without someone who comes up with a "i hate this game" topic/comment.
____________________________
<FONT size="11px" face="Georgia" color="#66666"><b>Name:</b> Aihredhiel Urdrenn <b>Starting City:</b> Ul'dah <b>Physical Level:</b> 36 <br><b>GLA:</b> 19 <b>CON:</b> 16 <b>BSM:</b> 19 <b>ARM:</b> 19 <b>TAN:</b> 16 <b>WVR:</b> 17 <b>CRP:/<b> 12 <b>GLD:</b> 14 <b>ALC:</b> 16 <b>CUL:</b> 9 <b>MIN:</b> 15 <b/>BTN:</b> 12 <b>FSH:</b> 8</font>
#33 Oct 10 2010 at 2:50 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
grazypanda wrote:
Quote:
I swear it's seriously hard to talk about anything in this forum. It's full of people that read the first 3 words of a post and nothing more.
Wrong! it's full of people that are complaining. That's ruining this forum. Because you can't have a decent discussing without someone who comes up with a "i hate this game" topic/comment.


Honestly, what I hate the most about that is that you don't just ignore them. No one makes anyone read the posts or forces you to comment. You know what is really ruining the forum, people who want to silence other people and then there are other who think other people are "sub-human" (actual word used, I know wtf) because they don't understand everything just as well as them. I really wish everyone would just read each post with a clear head and not post until they have thought it out.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#34 Oct 10 2010 at 2:54 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
64 posts
Strange advice for someone who also don't ignore them... and yes i would like to silence people who only are complaining. Because nothing good is coming from them. It doesn't make the game better and also not this forum. You see what happens, i am complaing too. No one forces me, it's just the nature of human. But it seems not everyone knowns when to stop...

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 4:59pm by grazypanda
____________________________
<FONT size="11px" face="Georgia" color="#66666"><b>Name:</b> Aihredhiel Urdrenn <b>Starting City:</b> Ul'dah <b>Physical Level:</b> 36 <br><b>GLA:</b> 19 <b>CON:</b> 16 <b>BSM:</b> 19 <b>ARM:</b> 19 <b>TAN:</b> 16 <b>WVR:</b> 17 <b>CRP:/<b> 12 <b>GLD:</b> 14 <b>ALC:</b> 16 <b>CUL:</b> 9 <b>MIN:</b> 15 <b/>BTN:</b> 12 <b>FSH:</b> 8</font>
#35 Oct 10 2010 at 2:57 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
grazypanda wrote:
Strange advice for someone who also don't ignore them...


I don't ignore them because I like to see what people have to say about the game and also why they are quitting. They don't bother me because I feel that all people should be able to speak their mind freely as long as they don't call anyone names or belittle them or anything of that nature.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#36 Oct 10 2010 at 2:59 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
grazypanda wrote:
and yes i would like to silence people who only are complaining.
lol
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#37 Oct 10 2010 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
grazypanda wrote:
Strange advice for someone who also don't ignore them... and yes i would like to silence people who only are complaining. Because nothing good is coming from them. It doesn't make the game better and also not this forum. You see what happens, i am complaing too. No one forces me, it's just the nature of human. But it seems not everyone knowns when to stop...

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 4:59pm by grazypanda


They only say they are quitting and then they leave feedback. Then other people reply and then that continues. That is the whole point of a forum, to talk to each other. If you don't like the topic don't click the link, it is that simple.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#38 Oct 10 2010 at 3:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
64 posts
Or just ignore people like me... you don't have to read what i have to say. Isn't that the same you are trying to explane to me? come on dude, listen to yourself.

Quote:
They only say they are quitting and then they leave feedback.
Please, tell me, you're happy with feedbakc like "I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy"? In that case you are at the right place indeed.
____________________________
<FONT size="11px" face="Georgia" color="#66666"><b>Name:</b> Aihredhiel Urdrenn <b>Starting City:</b> Ul'dah <b>Physical Level:</b> 36 <br><b>GLA:</b> 19 <b>CON:</b> 16 <b>BSM:</b> 19 <b>ARM:</b> 19 <b>TAN:</b> 16 <b>WVR:</b> 17 <b>CRP:/<b> 12 <b>GLD:</b> 14 <b>ALC:</b> 16 <b>CUL:</b> 9 <b>MIN:</b> 15 <b/>BTN:</b> 12 <b>FSH:</b> 8</font>
#39 Oct 10 2010 at 3:12 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
grazypanda wrote:
Or just ignore people like me... you don't have to read what i have to say. Isn't that the same you are trying to explane to me? come on dude, listen to yourself.

Quote:
They only say they are quitting and then they leave feedback.
Please, tell me, you're happy with feedbakc like "I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy"? In that case you are at the right place indeed.


I don't mind reading what you are saying, since I expect that in this thread. No one makes anyone read a thread, I don't have to read all the threads about how they can't get their graphics card to work or how the game keeps crashing or whatever else I don't want to see.

The pointless feedback is in every thread, you just have to deal with it and if you really don't like it then vote it down.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#40 Oct 10 2010 at 3:19 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
64 posts
Just gotta have the last word don't you?

Well whatever you say after this, i wish you all the fun in world.
____________________________
<FONT size="11px" face="Georgia" color="#66666"><b>Name:</b> Aihredhiel Urdrenn <b>Starting City:</b> Ul'dah <b>Physical Level:</b> 36 <br><b>GLA:</b> 19 <b>CON:</b> 16 <b>BSM:</b> 19 <b>ARM:</b> 19 <b>TAN:</b> 16 <b>WVR:</b> 17 <b>CRP:/<b> 12 <b>GLD:</b> 14 <b>ALC:</b> 16 <b>CUL:</b> 9 <b>MIN:</b> 15 <b/>BTN:</b> 12 <b>FSH:</b> 8</font>
#41 Oct 10 2010 at 3:21 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
grazypanda wrote:
Just gotta have the last word don't you?

Well whatever you say after this, i wish you all the fun in world.


It is not about the last word, I am just saying that no one makes anyone read a thread. And if you read a thread don't get all upset with what is in it when it pertains to the topic.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#42 Oct 10 2010 at 3:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
Alcohol and drug abuse is key when trying to enjoy this game.
#43 Oct 10 2010 at 4:14 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
grazypanda wrote:
Or just ignore people like me... you don't have to read what i have to say. Isn't that the same you are trying to explane to me? come on dude, listen to yourself.

Quote:
They only say they are quitting and then they leave feedback.
Please, tell me, you're happy with feedbakc like "I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy"? In that case you are at the right place indeed.
Feedback is feedback, even if you disagree with it.

If the game was better, there would be less negative feedback. Some people will tend to be more positive/negative, some will be one-sided/moderate, but all responses are valid feedback.



Edited, Oct 10th 2010 5:17pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#44 Oct 10 2010 at 6:12 PM Rating: Good
**
265 posts
grazypanda wrote:
Wrong! it's full of people that are complaining. That's ruining this forum. Because you can't have a decent discussing without someone who comes up with a "i hate this game" topic/comment.


So, the only discussion you want are people who all agree it's a great game? Not only does that sound kind of boring but it also just sounds plain unproductive. But the nice thing is if you have no interest in discussing the downsides to the game it's usually very easy to dodge those particular threads by just reading the title.

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 8:16pm by runtheplacered
#45 Oct 10 2010 at 6:13 PM Rating: Good
**
265 posts
deathly809 wrote:
grazypanda wrote:
Strange advice for someone who also don't ignore them...


I don't ignore them because I like to see what people have to say about the game and also why they are quitting. They don't bother me because I feel that all people should be able to speak their mind freely as long as they don't call anyone names or belittle them or anything of that nature.


Do you have any idea how reasonable you sound? Get outta here! j/k, nice post.
#46 Oct 10 2010 at 6:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
36 posts
I like the good stuff about the game. I hate all the bad and buggie stuff about the game. Yeah I get a bit frustrated sometimes but still have fun playing. I'm not the kind of person 80% of you are that needs every single want and whim catered to or else I go ******** ballistic and throw tantrums. I'm also not the kind of person who just quits on something a few weeks into it when I realize all my hopes and dreams weren't manifested. The only way it will change is if the problem spots are continuously made apparent. Leaving doesn't do that. Besides, if anyone has the money to turn it around, it is the mega-corporation that is Square.

Whine all you want. When you come crawling back in 3-4 months after all the fixes, I will be enjoying the high level stuff when you are still killing rats.
#47 Oct 10 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
**
650 posts
jasonsnow wrote:
Are we playing the same game? I've had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy.


I am not you and you are not me, I have my own tastes and opinions, surely you have yours. If we both listen to a an old classical score other than the classical scores for games, would you enjoy it? I would. Do you enjoy heavy metal music? I don't. So if you don't enjoy the game, then it would be wiser to switch to another game than to force yourself playing this. I you want to enjoy this game then change your perspective and attitude towards the game. A lot of people are hating this game because of its flaws, I hate it as well, i would have quit, but I adjusted and found things that I enjoy instead of worrying about the flaws.
____________________________
Mikayla Soulfire (XIV), Ul'dah, Istory
Lodestone Profile

Mikael (XI) Bastok, CaithSith
RDM/BST/BLU/NIN/BLM

Thus is our agreement written, thus is treaty made. Thought is the arrow of time; Memory never fades. What was asked is given; The price is paid.
#48 Oct 10 2010 at 7:08 PM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
It seems strange that a lot of people have deemed the game unworthy of their time yet they still haunt these forums. It's like they are just here to argue with those of us who want to stick it out, to prove us wrong. I highly doubt they're doing it for any noble purpose such as "giving my feedback so the devs know how to make the game better" or "as a warning to new players what they're getting into", most likely they're just being drama queens.


Edited, Oct 10th 2010 9:10pm by Wolfeinstein
#49 Oct 10 2010 at 7:13 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
Wolfeinstein wrote:
It seems strange that a lot of people have deemed the game unworthy of their time yet they still haunt these forums. It's like they are just here to argue with those of us who want to stick it out, to prove us wrong. I highly doubt they're doing it for any noble purpose such as "giving my feedback so the devs know how to make the game better" or "as a warning to new players what they're getting into", most likely they're just being drama queens.


Edited, Oct 10th 2010 9:10pm by Wolfeinstein


Like who?
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#50 Oct 10 2010 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
deathly809 wrote:
Wolfeinstein wrote:
It seems strange that a lot of people have deemed the game unworthy of their time yet they still haunt these forums. It's like they are just here to argue with those of us who want to stick it out, to prove us wrong. I highly doubt they're doing it for any noble purpose such as "giving my feedback so the devs know how to make the game better" or "as a warning to new players what they're getting into", most likely they're just being drama queens.


Edited, Oct 10th 2010 9:10pm by Wolfeinstein


Like who?

Don't want to make this personal but you can find one fine example in this thread: bsphil
#51 Oct 10 2010 at 7:42 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Wolfeinstein wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Wolfeinstein wrote:
It seems strange that a lot of people have deemed the game unworthy of their time yet they still haunt these forums. It's like they are just here to argue with those of us who want to stick it out, to prove us wrong. I highly doubt they're doing it for any noble purpose such as "giving my feedback so the devs know how to make the game better" or "as a warning to new players what they're getting into", most likely they're just being drama queens.
Like who?
Don't want to make this personal but you can find one fine example in this thread: bsphil
I win again!

If you think my posts in this thread are bad you obviously don't lurk enough.

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 8:45pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (25)