Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Everyone with 20 Posts or less seem biased!Follow

#1 Oct 11 2010 at 12:17 AM Rating: Decent
30 posts
I have very few posts, but in the end i keep my mouth shut unless its a question or an idea.

I come to the forums like a crack fiend seeing what people have to say, and i really enjoy it, though from what i see everyone who has 20 or less posts overall really seem to be qq'ing. It looks like they created their account just to bash the game. Anyone who has a nice amount of posts and have been dedicated to ZAM forums are understanding and optimistic or at least not rooting for the downfall of SQUARE.

I'm not saying that they are always without fault but they usually have more worthy posts/replies.

For that thank you ZAM users who are informational or at least vent their frustration with a little dignity. Lets keep our chins up and hope for the best with this game. I for one want them to succeed

Thank you ZAM
#2 Oct 11 2010 at 12:27 AM Rating: Good
**
265 posts
Name a single person, besides Mr Rogers, who isn't biased in some fashion.
#3 Oct 11 2010 at 12:29 AM Rating: Good
30 posts
George Carlin
#4 Oct 11 2010 at 12:31 AM Rating: Excellent
**
265 posts
George Carlin was biased. Against idiots.
#5 Oct 11 2010 at 12:33 AM Rating: Good
30 posts
Well....you got me there.
#6 Oct 11 2010 at 12:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
278 posts
This has the makings of an awesome thread already.
#7 Oct 11 2010 at 12:35 AM Rating: Decent
30 posts
Vivi wasn't biased!
#8 Oct 11 2010 at 12:39 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
Sure he was, he was biased against himself, little emo *******.
#9 Oct 11 2010 at 12:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Wouldn't it be the other way around? People like me who are loyal to the FF franchise are biased to some extent or another, but someone who just signed up recently is probably sharing their opinion as objectively as can be hoped for.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#10 Oct 11 2010 at 12:46 AM Rating: Good
**
265 posts
Kachi wrote:
Wouldn't it be the other way around? People like me who are loyal to the FF franchise are biased to some extent or another, but someone who just signed up recently is probably sharing their opinion as objectively as can be hoped for.

Not really. People are much more likely to sign up to ***** than they are to sign up to praise the game. But both sides ARE biased. One biased for, one biased against, and a very few people with no bias in between.
#11 Oct 11 2010 at 12:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
199 posts
Its prbably just that being dissapointed in the game has forced alot of people to come and complain or rant about their dissapointment. So they come here since its a big site and their first posts end up being upset or "I quit" posts.

Not saying I like reading through a million posts like that, but oh well. Eventually they'll all leave after they're over their dissapointment anyways.

All I'm trying to say is that being dissapointed or feeling like you wasted money makes alot of people want to voice their complaints, whereas liking something would make you feel less of a need to come and praise it.
____________________________
PS3 - Lil_Mermaid_Girl
#12 Oct 11 2010 at 12:49 AM Rating: Default
30 posts
SudoNemesis wrote:
Sure he was, he was biased against himself, little emo *******.


How about Scrooge? He hated everone..........HE EVEN HATED CHRISTMAS.......not really Bias, more just angry at everything.
#13 Oct 11 2010 at 12:54 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
Ryan5129 wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Sure he was, he was biased against himself, little emo *******.


How about Scrooge? He hated everone..........HE EVEN HATED CHRISTMAS.......not really Bias, more just angry at everything.

he was biased towards money.
#14 Oct 11 2010 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,495 posts
SudoNemesis wrote:
Name a single person, besides Mr Rogers, who isn't biased in some fashion.


Haha, dig into Mr. Rogers a little and see what you find. There's a reason he always wore long sleeves.
#15 Oct 11 2010 at 12:56 AM Rating: Default
30 posts
SudoNemesis wrote:
Ryan5129 wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Sure he was, he was biased against himself, little emo *******.


How about Scrooge? He hated everone..........HE EVEN HATED CHRISTMAS.......not really Bias, more just angry at everything.

he was biased towards money.


Again you have thwarted me good sir!

How about eeyore, he isn't biased just said because he lost his tail. The right expression if you ask me!
#16 Oct 11 2010 at 12:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:

Not really. People are much more likely to sign up to ***** than they are to sign up to praise the game. But both sides ARE biased. One biased for, one biased against, and a very few people with no bias in between.


I think this is confusing for some people. Just because they don't like the game, even if they HATE the game, that does not make them BIASED against the game. A bias is an unfair and unreasoned slant on a perspective. A lot of the complaints are perfectly normal and legitimate, and show no bias against SE or the FF franchise.

Another thing to keep in mind is that opinions are objective to some degree. "I like pizza," is an opinion and a subjective statement. That I like pizza is a fact and an objectively true claim. In any psychometric study where people's opinions are collected as data, a bias is not exemplified by total neutrality, because that's neither relevant or useful (unless it's a study OF bias). If someone likes or dislikes something, that is treated as normative data that lacks any meaningful bias.

So for example, if you wanted the average gamer's opinion of the game, someone with 20 or less posts would be far more exemplary of an average gamer within that context than a regular poster here. They would likely be far less biased than someone like me who is not only invested in the franchise, but in this community.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#17 Oct 11 2010 at 12:58 AM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
Raolan wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Name a single person, besides Mr Rogers, who isn't biased in some fashion.


Haha, dig into Mr. Rogers a little and see what you find. There's a reason he always wore long sleeves.

Yes, because that was the image of a kind father figure. Mr Rogers was probably -the- best role model on television for kids. http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp Don't believe all the crap you read on the internet.
#18 Oct 11 2010 at 1:00 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
Ryan5129 wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Ryan5129 wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Sure he was, he was biased against himself, little emo *******.


How about Scrooge? He hated everone..........HE EVEN HATED CHRISTMAS.......not really Bias, more just angry at everything.

he was biased towards money.


Again you have thwarted me good sir!

How about eeyore, he isn't biased just said because he lost his tail. The right expression if you ask me!

Curses. I can't really think of anything eeyore was biased against that cant be explained the fact that he was depressed.
#19 Oct 11 2010 at 1:03 AM Rating: Default
30 posts
Kachi wrote:
Quote:

Not really. People are much more likely to sign up to ***** than they are to sign up to praise the game. But both sides ARE biased. One biased for, one biased against, and a very few people with no bias in between.


I think this is confusing for some people. Just because they don't like the game, even if they HATE the game, that does not make them BIASED against the game. A bias is an unfair and unreasoned slant on a perspective. A lot of the complaints are perfectly normal and legitimate, and show no bias against SE or the FF franchise.

Another thing to keep in mind is that opinions are objective to some degree. "I like pizza," is an opinion and a subjective statement. That I like pizza is a fact and an objectively true claim. In any psychometric study where people's opinions are collected as data, a bias is not exemplified by total neutrality, because that's neither relevant or useful (unless it's a study OF bias). If someone likes or dislikes something, that is treated as normative data that lacks any meaningful bias.

So for example, if you wanted the average gamer's opinion of the game, someone with 20 or less posts would be far more exemplary of an average gamer within that context than a regular poster here. They would likely be far less biased than someone like me who is not only invested in the franchise, but in this community.


If you look at everything that people have said, not including the fun we are having. Everyone with a decent amount of posts has came in and said something helpful or at least their honest opinion. Look what you wrote, it is your opinion and it isn't hateful or mean. It is what you REALLY think, not what the masses has forced apon you. You are probably right Bias was the wrong term to use, but i stand by everything else i said in my post, thank you for your input.
#20 Oct 11 2010 at 1:05 AM Rating: Default
30 posts
SudoNemesis wrote:
Ryan5129 wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Ryan5129 wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Sure he was, he was biased against himself, little emo *******.


How about Scrooge? He hated everone..........HE EVEN HATED CHRISTMAS.......not really Bias, more just angry at everything.

he was biased towards money.


Again you have thwarted me good sir!

How about eeyore, he isn't biased just said because he lost his tail. The right expression if you ask me!

Curses. I can't really think of anything eeyore was biased against that cant be explained the fact that he was depressed.


Victory......sweet victory! Well call it a tie, he is depressed so that makes him a bit emo but the same you didn't have something to counter......A TIE!!!
#21 Oct 11 2010 at 1:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,495 posts
SudoNemesis wrote:
Raolan wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Name a single person, besides Mr Rogers, who isn't biased in some fashion.


Haha, dig into Mr. Rogers a little and see what you find. There's a reason he always wore long sleeves.

Yes, because that was the image of a kind father figure. Mr Rogers was probably -the- best role model on television for kids. http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp Don't believe all the crap you read on the internet.


I was actually referring to the alleged Marine sniper/Navy Seal/Full sleeve tattoo rumors, but that one works too.
#22 Oct 11 2010 at 1:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
I accede to your wishes of a declared tie. You, good sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Unlike the person who insulted the name of the late Mr Rogers.
#23 Oct 11 2010 at 1:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
Raolan wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Raolan wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Name a single person, besides Mr Rogers, who isn't biased in some fashion.


Haha, dig into Mr. Rogers a little and see what you find. There's a reason he always wore long sleeves.

Yes, because that was the image of a kind father figure. Mr Rogers was probably -the- best role model on television for kids. http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp Don't believe all the crap you read on the internet.


I was actually referring to the alleged Marine sniper/Navy Seal/Full sleeve tattoo rumors, but that one works too.

read more into it. It covers the tattoos/navy seals/sniper rumors too. All false. He only wore the sweater because it looked very respectable.
#24 Oct 11 2010 at 1:13 AM Rating: Default
30 posts
Raolan wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Name a single person, besides Mr Rogers, who isn't biased in some fashion.


Haha, dig into Mr. Rogers a little and see what you find. There's a reason he always wore long sleeves.



Blasphemy!!! A WITCH!!!!
#25 Oct 11 2010 at 2:14 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
meaningless number underneath user name = level of worthy post

I'm failing to see the logic behind this one captain.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 4:14am by SamChi
#26 Oct 11 2010 at 3:03 AM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
New game = new posters.

Broken game = unhappy posters.

I'm sure these are related somehow...
#27 Oct 11 2010 at 4:12 AM Rating: Good
*
227 posts
Humans = biased. Probably why media/journalists get such a bad rep. Woops, better not go there. But it's true. No such thing as a true neutral human being. Anyone that claims to be is prob robot, alien, or ... dead? Ok I'm tired. What?
____________________________
Astral Descent Homepage
#28 Oct 11 2010 at 4:41 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
116 posts
But Biast must have been Biased. Amirite?
#29 Oct 11 2010 at 6:57 AM Rating: Default
41 posts
I actually saw a television show about famous people in the military couple months ago that touted how he was a former Navy seal. You would think they would do more fact checking.... I can't remember what channel it was.

Oh and FYI I have less than 20 posts and just wanted to say I love the game!!
____________________________
#30 Oct 11 2010 at 7:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
254 posts
"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."

WC Fields
____________________________
FFXI: Shassa (Sylph) 75 THF/NIN, THF/RNG, retired '08 ** EQ2: Shassia (Lucan D'Lere) 80 SK, retired '06 ** EQ: Shassa (Bertoxx/Terris Thule) 50 SK, retired '02
#31 Oct 11 2010 at 9:12 AM Rating: Default
29 posts
To me all it says is that people with tons of posts are fan boys or people who are on a pretty high level of dorkyness no offense as I am a mega dork. I would like to think the majority of most of the subscribers do not post at all...so to think they would take the time out to come post here to say how bad it is says a lot actually. In the end its the many people who dont post who will dictate if this game makes it.

Everyone can have an opinion its totally fine. I just cant understand how anyone can have fun with this really(my opinion). Like the people who truly love this game id love to see their RL lifestyles just so intriguing to me.
#32 Oct 11 2010 at 9:15 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,102 posts
Quote:
Name a single person, besides Mr Rogers, who isn't biased in some fashion.


Chück Nõrris

::EDIT:: LOL At what happens when you type it out normally!

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 10:16am by Raiendel
____________________________
------------------
#33 Oct 11 2010 at 9:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,640 posts
Mark Gormley, enough said..
#34 Oct 11 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Me = New poster

Me = not unhappy poster (the opposite)

Me = like the game

Numbers are unrelated to opinion. It's just circumstantial and have no definitive connection to one another what so ever.
#35 Oct 11 2010 at 1:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
49 posts
There are some of us that show under 20 post that may have a lot more, Like myself.

I used to have another account with FFXI that had hundreds of post. But I forgot all the log in info as i retired my FFXI character almost 2 years ago, and had no need to visit Zam. Although i could have gone through the process to recover my account, I honestly didn't care enough to do it and just created a new account. So not all people under 20 post are new. And some may have just made a new account after being away for awhile that had hundreds or thousands of post.
____________________________
Jasmine Otogi - Rabanster - Ul'Dah
22BNT ~ 18MRD ~ 16CRP ~ 13BSM ~ 10PUG ~ 8MIN ~ 8GSM ~ 5ARM
-----------------------------------------------------------
Otogi - Siren Server (FFXI) Retired
75DRG ~ 75BLU ~ 75SAM
#36 Oct 11 2010 at 2:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
I think people that don't like FFXIV should vent their frustrations on the Official FFXIV Forums, ......Oh ya right nvm..


FFXIV sucks.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)