Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Things we learned from the fanboysFollow

#1 Oct 11 2010 at 4:58 AM Rating: Decent
21 posts

In this thread we share and gather the wisdom that we have learned from the FFXIV fanbase both in the game on various forum boards. I will add a few things i have caught so far but i would be thrilled if some of the hardcore players could contribute and shed some enlightenment to us lost souls.



1. This game is the real deal. Face it, most people will not have what it takes to play it. The purpose of this game is not to entertain, it was made entirely to scare of the dumbed down masses and cater only to the selected elite of online gaming. Only the few, chosen people who are blessed with the soul of the warrior can stand up to the challenges this game offers. It is the definition of a real mature, complex game only for the most dedicated and talented.

If you are not one of them, then tough luck for you mate, but remember; you have no right to complain about anything in the game because it is not the games fault that youre a total fail who cant stand a real mmorpg. Guess what? Square Enix doesn't even want you to play their game, Inferior one. Go back to WoW.



2. If you don't think a game should require you to use a walkthrough or wiki page to find out the locations of vendors, Quest givers or other important NPCs and locations, you are a lazy, spoiled little child and must immediately go back to wow (which obviously is your favorite game, kiddo) . You are not worthy of playing Final Fantasy XIV. The same rule applies to game mechanics such as interface, combat and crafting. If you are too stupid to figure out how these things work by yourself, GTFO. Square Enix shouldn't have to bother with making tutorials just because you're to lazy and stupid to figure things out.



3. Real hardcore gamers (aka worthy human beings) don't require ingame rewards for them to keep on playing. Mounts? Such vanity is only implemented for lazy impatient people who cant face the test of endurance. Quests? a true passionate gamer does not demand such a luxury. 1 story mission each 5 levels is more than enough and it is disrespectful and demanding to ask for any more.



4. In general, It is always the customer who should adapt to fit a product, not the other way around. the paying customer has no right to voice their opinions on the product they are paying for.
#2 Oct 11 2010 at 5:01 AM Rating: Default
Sage
*
188 posts
This should be stickied.
#3 Oct 11 2010 at 5:04 AM Rating: Default
14 posts
Cool story bro.
#4 Oct 11 2010 at 5:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Just an honest question.

For someone who "had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy", hopes the game will fail to teach SE a lesson, thinks the game "sucks ***", and has such a low post count (I'm assuming you made an account just to express your discontent, so correct me if I'm wrong), why are you still here? I'm quite serious as well as curious. If this game truly is the bane if your existence as it seems to be, couldn't you find something more constructive to do with your time than to bash this game and anyone whose opinion may be different than yours?
#5 Oct 11 2010 at 5:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
179 posts
ThePacster wrote:
Just an honest question.

For someone who "had more fun mowing the lawn than playing this pathetic excuse for a Final Fantasy", hopes the game will fail to teach SE a lesson, thinks the game "sucks ***", and has such a low post count (I'm assuming you made an account just to express your discontent, so correct me if I'm wrong), why are you still here? I'm quite serious as well as curious. If this game truly is the bane if your existence as it seems to be, couldn't you find something more constructive to do with your time than to bash this game and anyone whose opinion may be different than yours?


This is always what makes me to stop and think, if people dont like this game that much, why do they come here bash this game as if they seek revenge, and they post 10 times how they hate it that much? why dont they just move on to a game that they might like?

____________________________
#6 Oct 11 2010 at 5:47 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,815 posts
Quote:

This is always what makes me to stop and think, if people dont like this game that much, why do they come here bash this game as if they seek revenge, and they post 10 times how they hate it that much? why dont they just move on to a game that they might like?

Might be the same reason black people that escaped slavery to Canada still wanted to end slavery in the US? Escaping a problem doesn't mean you have to stop caring about it.

And it's 'the problems' those people are escaping, not the game itself. Why wouldn't they still stick around and want them fixed so they can get back to the game.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 7:49am by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#7 Oct 11 2010 at 5:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
jasonsnow wrote:

In this thread we share and gather the wisdom that we have learned from the FFXIV fanbase both in the game on various forum boards. I will add a few things i have caught so far but i would be thrilled if some of the hardcore players could contribute and shed some enlightenment to us lost souls.


Although I am definatly a FF Fan I never really considered myself as a SE Fanboy but maybe I am so I'll try and clear some points of view.


jasonsnow wrote:

1. This game is the real deal. Face it, most people will not have what it takes to play it. The purpose of this game is not to entertain, it was made entirely to scare of the dumbed down masses and cater only to the selected elite of online gaming. Only the few, chosen people who are blessed with the soul of the warrior can stand up to the challenges this game offers. It is the definition of a real mature, complex game only for the most dedicated and talented.

If you are not one of them, then tough luck for you mate, but remember; you have no right to complain about anything in the game because it is not the games fault that youre a total fail who cant stand a real mmorpg. Guess what? Square Enix doesn't even want you to play their game, Inferior one. Go back to WoW.


I have no idea if this will be any better than other games out there but I know it won't have as many players as WoW and I'm happy with it. This is a game and as such it is supposed to entertain but different people have different likes so it's expected this game wont be liked by everyone. If SE wants to make FFXIV harder than other MMOs available in the market at the moment (in my opinion just like FFXI) it is their choice since it will also be their monetary dawnfall. Personally I like things being hard, gives you a bigger sense of acomplishment. It players dont want to play a hard MMO then they should have other choices in the market.

Liking or disliking an harder MOO does in no way reflect a player's maturity, IQ or general knowledge, it's the constant crying about it instead of just leaving that drives me crazy.

jasonsnow wrote:

2. If you don't think a game should require you to use a walkthrough or wiki page to find out the locations of vendors, Quest givers or other important NPCs and locations, you are a lazy, spoiled little child and must immediately go back to wow (which obviously is your favorite game, kiddo) . You are not worthy of playing Final Fantasy XIV. The same rule applies to game mechanics such as interface, combat and crafting. If you are too stupid to figure out how these things work by yourself, GTFO. Square Enix shouldn't have to bother with making tutorials just because you're to lazy and stupid to figure things out.


In regards to finding vendors in the cities it's easy enough (in my opinion) but if you need to look it up online it shouldnt be that hard since we now have the oportunity to play the game windowed and as such just Alt Tab. Quest givers so far are really easy to find as long as you follow your Journal (if there r other quest lines besides the main story at this moment I have no such knowledge and as such my opinion does not reflect those). Most often than not if your in Ul'Dah and stuck go talk to Momodi, otherwise look in your journal or online. In regards to crafting it isn't that hard to understand but the nuances of it might be chalenging, you might want to use the SE FAQ to help you out a bit.

jasonsnow wrote:

3. Real hardcore gamers (aka worthy human beings) don't require ingame rewards for them to keep on playing. Mounts? Such vanity is only implemented for lazy impatient people who cant face the test of endurance. Quests? a true passionate gamer does not demand such a luxury. 1 story mission each 5 levels is more than enough and it is disrespectful and demanding to ask for any more.


Every player likes rewards but different games dont necessrily have to work in the same way. Since FFXIV has just been released there are quite a few things that are not present in it and I think Chocobos are one of these. Whether they will work as in FFXI or as other games like WoW I have no idea, maybe I'll just wait and see? Since the Guildleves mechanics are quite the same as other game's "regular" quests I don't see why you don't include them but if your refering to Missions every 5 ranks (yes, ranks and not levels which make it harder) then I do indeed think is more than enough untill an expansion comes out with a different story development. FFXI had City Mission, CoP, Zilart and eventually more but these were mostly from expansions as it is FFXIV has the city storyline available and I personally think it's enough.

jasonsnow wrote:

4. In general, It is always the customer who should adapt to fit a product, not the other way around. the paying customer has no right to voice their opinions on the product they are paying for.


In this point I'm afraid I'm almost 100% behind you if products were completelly dependednt on the majority's wishes and no input from their creators we would be in a world where everyone would eat McDonalds and dring Coca-Cola. I'm just happy there are some restaurants providing home mad meals and natural juices even if most people just want fast junk food.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#8 Oct 11 2010 at 5:56 AM Rating: Decent
*
92 posts
To be fair i'm actually enjoying the learning curve that this game is implementing atm coming from a guy that’s been playing WoW for nearly 4 years. Yes some things need to be fixed in it, but coming from the beta it has vastly improve to what it used to be. it's just that all the people that are coming to this game are just expecting SE to reward there every move " you've learnt how to walk, have a cookie basically" However if you actually think about the leve's/ local leve's that SE are offering atm some weeks you wont get anything, but others you'll get a few nice gear upgrades. You just gotta look at the bigger picture here, lots of things will be implemented within the new few weeks/months. In my own opinion this game is going to be great, but whilst we are waiting for the updates to come, grind your proffs up to a high level, so that when all the "fanboys" come back after deciding that this game is worth there time, we'll all make a load of gil out of them. =]


And yes, this should be stickied
#9 Oct 11 2010 at 6:00 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
Quote:

This is always what makes me to stop and think, if people dont like this game that much, why do they come here bash this game as if they seek revenge, and they post 10 times how they hate it that much? why dont they just move on to a game that they might like?

Might be the same reason black people that escaped slavery to Canada still wanted to end slavery in the US? Escaping a problem doesn't mean you have to stop caring about it.

And it's 'the problems' those people are escaping, not the game itself. Why wouldn't they still stick around and want them fixed so they can get back to the game.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 7:49am by RattyBatty


Really? Wow, I'm sure they appreciate that comparison. As do slaves in third world countries...I hear they're right behind us in the "good fight" against SE so we can be happier gamers.

These forums are fubar...
____________________________

#10 Oct 11 2010 at 6:01 AM Rating: Good
**
451 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
Quote:

This is always what makes me to stop and think, if people dont like this game that much, why do they come here bash this game as if they seek revenge, and they post 10 times how they hate it that much? why dont they just move on to a game that they might like?

Might be the same reason black people that escaped slavery to Canada still wanted to end slavery in the US? Escaping a problem doesn't mean you have to stop caring about it.

And it's 'the problems' those people are escaping, not the game itself. Why wouldn't they still stick around and want them fixed so they can get back to the game.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 7:49am by RattyBatty



Also alot of us actually want to play the game, we just want it to not suck. So hanging around here is kinda of like staying in the game, but you don't actually have to subject youself to the torture of playing it.

On the other hand, if you love the game so much, why aren't you playing it rather than scanning the forums? Probably because forums are about 1000 times more fun than FFXIV.
#11 Oct 11 2010 at 6:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
386 posts
Or we could be doing work but have ADD... God knows I do...
#12 Oct 11 2010 at 6:04 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,815 posts
Quote:

Really? Wow, I'm sure they appreciate that comparison. As do slaves in third world countries...I hear they're right behind us in the "good fight" against SE so we can be happier gamers.

These forums are fubar...

What you think it's somehow taboo to mention historical facts? Mentioning that slavery ever existed in the US is somehow 'fubar' huh? No wonder a certain nation is rotting in its own stupidity lately.

Sorry but your playing of the 'outrage card' fails. There was nothing wrong with the analogy no matter how much you'd like to invalidate it with that cheap card. Is the analogy flawed? No it isn't. Then you're only gut-reacting to the reminder of an uncomfortable historical fact.

As I see below someone else is taking crying 'outrage' because somehow the analogy is trying to say FFXIV=slavery. Seriously people, i should think you have half a brain cell to know that the analogy was the conclusion that's written right in the quote.

It's the same idiotic kind of mind that thinks defending a group = you must be part of that group. Some things are just 'right'. Whether I'd continue to play or not, I would still be siding with the quitters/complainers because they are right.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 8:10am by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#13 Oct 11 2010 at 6:06 AM Rating: Good
33 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
Quote:

This is always what makes me to stop and think, if people dont like this game that much, why do they come here bash this game as if they seek revenge, and they post 10 times how they hate it that much? why dont they just move on to a game that they might like?

Might be the same reason black people that escaped slavery to Canada still wanted to end slavery in the US? Escaping a problem doesn't mean you have to stop caring about it.

And it's 'the problems' those people are escaping, not the game itself. Why wouldn't they still stick around and want them fixed so they can get back to the game.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 7:49am by RattyBatty



I had to just quote this again.. really? I mean REALLY? its this serious that we are comparing this game to slavery LOL wow..

this is the lulzy thing I have read in a while
#14 Oct 11 2010 at 6:08 AM Rating: Default
**
451 posts
Hugus wrote:
[quote=jasonsnow]

In this point I'm afraid I'm almost 100% behind you if products were completelly dependednt on the majority's wishes and no input from their creators we would be in a world where everyone would eat McDonalds and dring Coca-Cola. I'm just happy there are some restaurants providing home mad meals and natural juices even if most people just want fast junk food.



A valid analogy, except a better one would be.

If we were in a world where everyone wanted McDonalds and Coca Cola all the time, and the new option was a resturant that served dog **** and cat **** for $80 a plate and an extra $10 every month.
#15 Oct 11 2010 at 6:09 AM Rating: Decent
33 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
Quote:

Really? Wow, I'm sure they appreciate that comparison. As do slaves in third world countries...I hear they're right behind us in the "good fight" against SE so we can be happier gamers.

These forums are fubar...

What you think it's somehow taboo to mention historical facts? Mentioning that slavery ever existed in the US is somehow 'fubar' huh? No wonder a certain nation is rotting in its own stupidity lately.

Sorry but your playing of the 'outrage card' fails. There was nothing wrong with the analogy no matter how much you'd like to invalidate it with that cheap card.

It's the same idiotic kind of mind that thinks defending a group = you must be part of that group. Some things are just 'right'. Whether I'd continue to play or not, I would still be siding with the quitters/complainers because they are right.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 8:07am by RattyBatty



so not true..

might as well compare stealing bubble gum to rape..
its still a crime right?

or.. how about we compare the death of FFXI to the holocaust how about that? sounds good? LOL

you are full of yourself and your post count isnt high enough to protect you from extreme laughter
#16 Oct 11 2010 at 6:16 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,815 posts
I'm still waiting for you to point out where the analogy fails.

Can't? Then I guess you better keep spewing out more weak attempts to distract from having to provide an actual argument.

Your 'bubblegum' comment is full of fail because it has the silent meaning of "then should we convict equally for both?". If we are to take your words at face value, then yes, they ARE both crimes... What's your point? Am i scaring you because I called your weak tactic? Not used to it? That's because I use my brain when i read instead of pick out what I don't like about it. If I'm full of myself then I must be full of truth, because that's all i speak, so thanks.

Seriously listening to people like you try to argue is like watching a 3 year old handle a gun. Shots flying every which way, hitting everything but the target. All you can do is try to distract with nonsensical trajectories and trying to ridicule the point you're addressing.

It really leads to nothing productive. Not even for your own goals. You have yet to tell me how the analogy does not apply.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 8:18am by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#17 Oct 11 2010 at 6:21 AM Rating: Default
***
1,408 posts
Quote:
This should be stickied.


Too right ;)

When I first started playing FFXI I loved it. Was my first MMO. Played WoW after that and found it donkey easy. Really think FFXIV is the middle between FFXI and WoW.
Massive flaws but I don't care, I enjoy FFXIV for what it is and not for the moaners. No one is forced to play it and many could of applied for the BETA.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#18 Oct 11 2010 at 6:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
KristoFurwalken wrote:
Hugus wrote:
[quote=jasonsnow]

In this point I'm afraid I'm almost 100% behind you if products were completelly dependednt on the majority's wishes and no input from their creators we would be in a world where everyone would eat McDonalds and dring Coca-Cola. I'm just happy there are some restaurants providing home mad meals and natural juices even if most people just want fast junk food.



A valid analogy, except a better one would be.

If we were in a world where everyone wanted McDonalds and Coca Cola all the time, and the new option was a resturant that served dog sh*t and cat **** for $80 a plate and an extra $10 every month.


Although I cimpletelly disagree that this game is dog sh*it or what ever you still have the choice to go eat at McDonalds why the **** you just standing at the other restaurant's door with a plaque saying how craft it's food is?

If your hungry go to McDonalds dont stay here like a scarecrow.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#19 Oct 11 2010 at 6:28 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
My "these forums are fubar" didn't mean that your post suddenly made them fubar. It means what it says, these forums are now fubar. It was a closing to my post that summed up the current state of the forums imo.

I'm also not playing the outrage card. I was making fun of your stupid post. You're the one doing all the raging dude.

Your analogy fails because the enslaving of people is of serious importance. You being a whiny @#%^ on forums about a video game is not.

Trying to come off as having superior intellect about the whole matter makes it look even more ridiculous...



Edited, Oct 11th 2010 11:12am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#20 Oct 11 2010 at 7:14 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
116 posts
You know, while we're on the subject, it's a shame Old Mr Lincoln didn't abolish moaning douche bags as well as slavery.
#21 Oct 11 2010 at 7:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
539 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
I'm still waiting for you to point out where the analogy fails.

Can't? Then I guess you better keep spewing out more weak attempts to distract from having to provide an actual argument.

Your 'bubblegum' comment is full of fail because it has the silent meaning of "then should we convict equally for both?". If we are to take your words at face value, then yes, they ARE both crimes... What's your point? Am i scaring you because I called your weak tactic? Not used to it? That's because I use my brain when i read instead of pick out what I don't like about it. If I'm full of myself then I must be full of truth, because that's all i speak, so thanks.

Seriously listening to people like you try to argue is like watching a 3 year old handle a gun. Shots flying every which way, hitting everything but the target. All you can do is try to distract with nonsensical trajectories and trying to ridicule the point you're addressing.

It really leads to nothing productive. Not even for your own goals. You have yet to tell me how the analogy does not apply.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 8:18am by RattyBatty


What is funny about this situation is that people are laughing at you for bringing slavery into a conversation about a video game. Based on this response of yours I'm thinking you made such an analogy to invoke a certain response, and you got it. The point is not that "the analogy fails", but that you've likened something very serious and dark with something very unimportant. In essence, does people leaving a situation and wanting to help those left behind work as an analogy for what's happening with ffxiv? Sure. Did we have to use slavery as an emotional trigger to get a rise out of the people we disagree with? Nope.

Troll on dear.
____________________________


#22 Oct 11 2010 at 7:48 AM Rating: Default
**
608 posts
WOW is #1 cuz people cant handle thinking at all.
if they cant button mash in a instance or pvp or sit in a queue to do everything they dont know what to do.
#23 Oct 11 2010 at 8:12 AM Rating: Excellent
RattyBatty wrote:
Quote:

This is always what makes me to stop and think, if people dont like this game that much, why do they come here bash this game as if they seek revenge, and they post 10 times how they hate it that much? why dont they just move on to a game that they might like?

Might be the same reason black people that escaped slavery to Canada still wanted to end slavery in the US? Escaping a problem doesn't mean you have to stop caring about it.

And it's 'the problems' those people are escaping, not the game itself. Why wouldn't they still stick around and want them fixed so they can get back to the game.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 7:49am by RattyBatty

Except.... I'm not being forced to play. I'm willingly playing. I don't need to be rescued, thank you very much.
____________________________
FFXIV: Luthien Tinuviel, Elezen Female, Balmug (And will re-roll on a new server in August)
FFXI: Luthian, Elvaan Female, Bismarck (originally Luthien on Seraph):
85RDM | 80WAR | 76DRG
lolgaxe+1 wrote:
I've always been of the opinion that Warrior was the Swiss Army Knife of Vana'diel.
#24 Oct 11 2010 at 8:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
71 posts
Well said love this^^. The game is terrible right now and even the fanboys deep down know it but i will be playing this game because SE will make it better, give them a few mths and you will see.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 10:20am by nnamite
#25 Oct 11 2010 at 8:35 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
I'm still waiting for you to point out where the analogy fails.


Your analogy is considered a "False Analogy". You propose that the OP and slaves both escaped a problem but continue to endeavor to solve the problem. The analogy fails because the OP shows no desire to solve the problem nor shows any action towards solving the problem.

Contrary to popular belief, SE does not read allakhazam's general forum. They might read the feedback forum once a quarter. Again, making a scathing post insulting people who enjoy playing FFXIV does absolutely nothing to bring this game's faults to the developers. The OP's sole purpose is to insult people. Your analogy fails because slaves who escaped slavery either earnestly wanted to help end slavery or actually fought against it. The OP does neither of these.

There are a wide range of people on this forum. There are people who think the game has no problems. There are people who enjoy the game but acknowledge the faults, there are people who are waiting to play until/if it appeals to them more, and there are people who apparently hate FFXIV so much that no content update or fix will change their mind. It's this last group that we're telling to "move on". Nothing SE can do will please them and they show no desire to help make this a better game. So why are they still here?

If you, or anyone, thinks this game is unplayable but you truly want it to be a good game, write emails. Post in feedback forums. Call SE. Do something that might possibly get their attention. Posting in this forum will not get their attention. Saying that your post here is "for the greater good" is false, it has no impact on the people who actually develop FFXIV.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 9:38am by Hydragyrum
#26 Oct 11 2010 at 8:59 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Is this post about FFXIV?

Seems to be about your distaste for fellow gamers that have a different opinion than yourself.

It seems others are not allowed to enjoy a game that you do not approve of.
#27welch2008, Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 9:01 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) probably to express there end of things(and i agree with him),its just like you fanboys who express how much you like to suck square enixs **** over this poorly released state of FFXIV. i myself will continue to play for a few months. but if now real changes are made i will probably drop them till i hear announcements of new viable game changing updates that wuil make the experience over all better.
#28 Oct 11 2010 at 9:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,102 posts
Quote:
Guess what? Square Enix doesn't even want you to play their game, Inferior one. Go back to WoW.


Probably the dumbest thing I have read on the forum in months. No matter how you look at it, you want your MMO to have as many players as possible to be as successful as it can be. And also, why in the world you consider World of Warcraft, a game with over 12 million active worldwide subscriptions after 6 years; "inferior" or unworthy of your obviously tight-assed expectations is beyond me, but don't try to demean a successful MMO just for the sake of trying to make another MMO look better.

However, the rest of your post gave me some giggles and made valid points.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 10:06am by Raiendel
____________________________
------------------
#29 Oct 11 2010 at 9:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Quote:
probably to express there end of things(and i agree with him),its just like you fanboys...


Why are we suddenly fanboys for simply wanting to understand his reasoning for persisting in an environment he finds distasteful? No one ever said I or the other person you quoted lick the floor SE walks on, I'm well aware of the problems with this game and intend to wait and see if Square Enix is going to address the issues at hand and probably leave if they don't. But if I have complaints I'm going to be constructive about it and post in the feedback forum.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 11:13am by ThePacster
#30 Oct 11 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,102 posts
Quote:
...if I have complaints I'm going to be constructive about it and post in the feedback forum.


This is the right attitude to take, and it's sobering to see. I think everyone agrees that there are things we would like to see fixed, the issue at hand is that SE doesn't have the greatest track record for actually doing it.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 10:10am by Raiendel
____________________________
------------------
#31 Oct 11 2010 at 10:01 AM Rating: Default
*
152 posts
Quote:
jasonsnow wrote:

4. In general, It is always the customer who should adapt to fit a product, not the other way around. the paying customer has no right to voice their opinions on the product they are paying for.



This is the most ridiculous thing the fanboy says. That's the main problem with SE. They don't listen to what people want. Most people are not asking for a stupid WOW clone but are asking for common things that make MMO's work well and maximize fun. The fanboy can't look past there own ego to see what is right in front of them.





Edited, Oct 11th 2010 12:10pm by Brushy
#32 Oct 11 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Good
*
70 posts
Holy ****, this jasonsnow guy is hardcore. He's on a mission now.
#33 Oct 11 2010 at 10:21 AM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
I like the good old,

"Maybe you just suck, if the game is too hard for you go back to WoW"

Theres nothing hard about anything at all so far, the hardest part of the game is getting motivation to actually log onto it.


It's funny really, how somehow pointless menu prompts UI lag, and the absence of any and every possible /search function = challenge
#34 Oct 11 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Default
**
254 posts
I think it's hilarious that EVEN IN THIS SARCASTIC THREAD, people still try and say FFXIV is "hard" and for the "hardcore" players. I'm about as hardcore as they come and I'm sorry but having to goto wiki and google for absolutely everything is not "hard" it's tedious and retarded. FFXI was the same....So I dont see that changing. It's the same with the fact there's pretty much zero tutorials. Do they put zero tutorials to make the game "hard"? No, they put zero tutorials simply to make the time sink a lot longer. Everything in FFXIV is built to be a time sink. Time sink doesnt = difficulty. If you think it does, you're a moron.
#35Brushy, Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 10:41 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I got down rated for this?
#36 Oct 11 2010 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
Oh and to the idiots insisting we should never post on ZAM again since we quit playing need to get real. It's like you guys are new to gaming forums or something. There's nothing wrong with debating the quality of a game you spent 80$+ on after quitting playing it due to it being so horrible you couldnt bare to even play out your free month.

What I need to ask is why do you morons feel the need to defend your precious masterpiece of a game on every negative thread?Why not just play it and say ***** the haters? There's obviously some form of butthurt going on. It's most likely because these people KNOW the game is horrible, and are ****** off they need to force themselves to log in everyday while hoping for an update that will "solve" all the problems. Therefore they must defend their investment because they surely dont want to look like pushovers.

News Flash: Square Enix will not fix the main concerns of players for a LONG time. Having played FFXI for 5 years I can assure you Square Enix works on their schedule REGARDLESS of what the players want/need. If you're willing to put up with it for 5 more years then by all means knock yourself out. But dont expect forums to not be full of haters when the dev company refuses to fix 90% of the main problems in a respectable time frame.

Most of these fanboys will have a change of heart in a few months. They will wake up and smell the coffee and realize the grass is greener almost EVERYWHERE ELSE you go besides ffxiv.
#37 Oct 11 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Excellent
**
415 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
Seriously listening to people like you try to argue is like watching a 3 year old handle a gun... RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE... You have yet to tell me how the analogy does not apply.

Your analogy fails because it implies that either:

A. We're being forced to play FFXIV against our will and you're trying to rescue us from it.

B. Some slaves enjoyed being slaves, while those who didn't freely left and tried to convince the other slaves to leave too.

Thus, your whole argument fails and hilarity ensues over the fact that you somehow think you're smart enough to call people out to rip apart your terrible analogy.
#38 Oct 11 2010 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
I have a better analogy.

FFXIV is like Pizza without any cheese.

Square Enixes reply to the "no cheese" question: "We feel our pizza without any cheese will be liked and loved by all players in time. We have zero plans to add cheese to our pizza. We ask that all people give our cheeseless pizza a chance as we most certainly feel that having no cheese is the right thing to do."

Fanboy response to the "no cheese": "We have complete faith in you Square Enix. If you say that no cheese is best on a pizza we totally understand and agree. Those idiots that actually like cheese on their pizza are just stupid and should GTFO and go back to Pizza Hut. As promised SE we will do our best to fulfill all your sexual desires as to our agreement."

Normal persons response to "no cheese": "Well I tried your pizza with no cheese and it just isnt the same. It doesnt even taste like pizza lol. It's bland and boring. Even though I paid full price for this pizza I didnt expect it to have no cheese as that is not advertised in the menu. This pizza place sucks balls and yes, i'll take my money to Pizza Hut where not only do they offer cheese on their pizza, they also offer extra cheese.
#39 Oct 11 2010 at 11:08 AM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
Soezu wrote:
I think it's hilarious that EVEN IN THIS SARCASTIC THREAD, people still try and say FFXIV is "hard" and for the "hardcore" players. I'm about as hardcore as they come and I'm sorry but having to goto wiki and google for absolutely everything is not "hard" it's tedious and retarded. FFXI was the same....So I dont see that changing. It's the same with the fact there's pretty much zero tutorials. Do they put zero tutorials to make the game "hard"? No, they put zero tutorials simply to make the time sink a lot longer. Everything in FFXIV is built to be a time sink. Time sink doesnt = difficulty. If you think it does, you're a moron.


This ^^

Soezu wrote:
I have a better analogy.

FFXIV is like Pizza without any cheese.

Square Enixes reply to the "no cheese" question: "We feel our pizza without any cheese will be liked and loved by all players in time. We have zero plans to add cheese to our pizza. We ask that all people give our cheeseless pizza a chance as we most certainly feel that having no cheese is the right thing to do."

Fanboy response to the "no cheese": "We have complete faith in you Square Enix. If you say that no cheese is best on a pizza we totally understand and agree. Those idiots that actually like cheese on their pizza are just stupid and should GTFO and go back to Pizza Hut. As promised SE we will do our best to fulfill all your sexual desires as to our agreement."

Normal persons response to "no cheese": "Well I tried your pizza with no cheese and it just isnt the same. It doesnt even taste like pizza lol. It's bland and boring. Even though I paid full price for this pizza I didnt expect it to have no cheese as that is not advertised in the menu. This pizza place sucks balls and yes, i'll take my money to Pizza Hut where not only do they offer cheese on their pizza, they also offer extra cheese.


And this^^

Except I'll elaborate a bit and say, FFXIV is like an 80 dollar pizza with no cheese, and it was dropped on the floor in a pile of dog sh*t.

And the Fanboy response is, "if you don't like pizza with no cheese and doesn't have **** on it maybe you just suck at eating pizza and should go back to WoW, SE makes Pizza for Hardcore Pizza eaters."

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 1:09pm by KristoFurwalken
#40 Oct 11 2010 at 11:13 AM Rating: Good
**
281 posts
i like this local place in town for pizza.... must be the FFXI pizza place for me... Pizza hut is ... too cheesy
____________________________
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
Adam Savage
Server - Back on Fenrir
Race - Alien Male
Job - War Mage
http://ca.youtube.com/user/koga41
#41 Oct 11 2010 at 11:19 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
34 posts
haha i love it, great post OP.
#42 Oct 11 2010 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Soezu wrote:
Oh and to the idiots insisting we should never post on ZAM again since we quit playing need to get real. It's like you guys are new to gaming forums or something. There's nothing wrong with debating the quality of a game you spent 80$+ on after quitting playing it due to it being so horrible you couldnt bare to even play out your free month.

What I need to ask is why do you morons feel the need to defend your precious masterpiece of a game on every negative thread?Why not just play it and say ***** the haters? There's obviously some form of butthurt going on. It's most likely because these people KNOW the game is horrible, and are ****** off they need to force themselves to log in everyday while hoping for an update that will "solve" all the problems. Therefore they must defend their investment because they surely dont want to look like pushovers.


It just looks kinda sad after a while doesn't it? Then you're being that guy in the movie gettin' all ******************** it! I'm really leaving! You guys will miss me! You're so stupid for staying! I can't believe you people!" Though he never goes, he really just wants attention...

If you enjoy being that guy, more power to ya.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 1:30pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#43 Oct 11 2010 at 11:29 AM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
Quote:
i like this local place in town for pizza.... must be the FFXI pizza place for me... Pizza hut is ... too cheesy


Too cheesy? How is that even possible? I just used Pizza Hut as an example. I also prefer a local pizza place here. But they DO put cheese on their pizza. If they didnt I doubt id eat there lol. But it's funny because some people would and they would insist it's the best pizza ever!

I give it a month or 2 before most of the no cheese fanboys realize they miss having cheese on their pizza and come back to where the pizza tastes better. It's only a matter of time for the silly fanboys to come around and realize just how stupid they are lol.
#44 Oct 11 2010 at 11:30 AM Rating: Default
*
110 posts
jasonsnow wrote:

1. This game is the real deal. Face it, most people will not have what it takes to play it. The purpose of this game is not to entertain, it was made entirely to scare of the dumbed down masses and cater only to the selected elite of online gaming. Only the few, chosen people who are blessed with the soul of the warrior can stand up to the challenges this game offers. It is the definition of a real mature, complex game only for the most dedicated and talented.

If you are not one of them, then tough luck for you mate, but remember; you have no right to complain about anything in the game because it is not the games fault that youre a total fail who cant stand a real mmorpg. Guess what? Square Enix doesn't even want you to play their game, Inferior one. Go back to WoW.



2. If you don't think a game should require you to use a walkthrough or wiki page to find out the locations of vendors, Quest givers or other important NPCs and locations, you are a lazy, spoiled little child and must immediately go back to wow (which obviously is your favorite game, kiddo) . You are not worthy of playing Final Fantasy XIV. The same rule applies to game mechanics such as interface, combat and crafting. If you are too stupid to figure out how these things work by yourself, GTFO. Square Enix shouldn't have to bother with making tutorials just because you're to lazy and stupid to figure things out.



3. Real hardcore gamers (aka worthy human beings) don't require ingame rewards for them to keep on playing. Mounts? Such vanity is only implemented for lazy impatient people who cant face the test of endurance. Quests? a true passionate gamer does not demand such a luxury. 1 story mission each 5 levels is more than enough and it is disrespectful and demanding to ask for any more.



4. In general, It is always the customer who should adapt to fit a product, not the other way around. the paying customer has no right to voice their opinions on the product they are paying for.



5. This game is awesome now and if you for some reason can't understand this then you should realize that more awesome goodness is only a week away in the next patch. So your loss if you decide to bail now. We'd rather sit here and be charged for the privilege of ongoing Beta testing. You should be glad that someone like you is even allowed the honor of being able to pay to do this with out having the fanboy fanaticism we share.


Edited, Oct 11th 2010 1:33pm by datta
#45 Oct 11 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
Quote:
It just looks kinda sad after a while doesn't it? You're being that guy in the movie gettin' all ******************** it! I'm really leaving! You guys will miss me! You're so stupid for staying! I can't believe you people!" Though he never goes, he really just wants attention...

If you enjoy being that guy, more power to ya.


Haha, you couldnt be more wrong. I'm not "*********** And i've already "gone" lol. I'm not a subscriber and dont intend on resubscribing again until it's an actual playable game that isnt missing the most basic features every mmo should have in 2010.

If you gonna compare ffxiv to a movie then ill make another analogy.

FFXIV is like a movie without a beginning or end. Just the middle. So you start playing and it's like "WTF is going on?" And since the movie starts in the middle, they give everyone in the theater laptops to go and google what happend in the first half of the story. I'm the guy in the back that tosses my laptop on the ground and walks out laughing. Then ill go home, smoke a joint and watch a real movie like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas while thinking to myself, man those people that stayed in the theater are complete morons lmfao.
#46 Oct 11 2010 at 11:40 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,120 posts
Soezu wrote:
Quote:
It just looks kinda sad after a while doesn't it? You're being that guy in the movie gettin' all ******************** it! I'm really leaving! You guys will miss me! You're so stupid for staying! I can't believe you people!" Though he never goes, he really just wants attention...

If you enjoy being that guy, more power to ya.


Haha, you couldnt be more wrong. I'm not "*********** And i've already "gone" lol. I'm not a subscriber and dont intend on resubscribing again until it's an actual playable game that isnt missing the most basic features every mmo should have in 2010.

If you gonna compare ffxiv to a movie then ill make another analogy.

FFXIV is like a movie without a beginning or end. Just the middle. So you start playing and it's like "WTF is going on?" And since the movie starts in the middle, they give everyone in the theater laptops to go and google what happend in the first half of the story. I'm the guy in the back that tosses my laptop on the ground and walks out laughing. Then ill go home, smoke a joint and watch a real movie like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas while thinking to myself, man those people that stayed in the theater are complete morons lmfao.


Fear & Loathing is a great movie. We agree on that. I don't quite get the madden fanboys thinking every year is the best madden ever. Some are probably idiots, I don't think all the people enjoying that game are though...

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 1:41pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#47 Oct 11 2010 at 11:40 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
137 posts
Epic. Rated up because something this funny shouldn't be slammed with down rates. Keep up the good work little Timmy.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Character: Ryiah Nustar--Dunesfolk Lalafell♀
City: Ul'dah
Server: Wutai


#48 Oct 11 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Excellent
**
281 posts
a friend of mine made a pizza, he put so much cheese on it that you could choke on it. i was young then, so i must have developed some sort of cheese phobia @.@
____________________________
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
Adam Savage
Server - Back on Fenrir
Race - Alien Male
Job - War Mage
http://ca.youtube.com/user/koga41
#49 Oct 11 2010 at 11:42 AM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
Soezu wrote:

FFXIV is like a movie without a beginning or end. Just the middle. So you start playing and it's like "WTF is going on?" And since the movie starts in the middle, they give everyone in the theater laptops to go and google what happend in the first half of the story. I'm the guy in the back that tosses my laptop on the ground and walks out laughing. Then ill go home, smoke a joint and watch a real movie like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas while thinking to myself, man those people that stayed in the theater are complete morons lmfao.

So basically anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a moron.

You do know that no one cares what you think of the game, right? No idea why you keep posting in every thread demanding people stop liking the game with you.
#50 Oct 11 2010 at 11:45 AM Rating: Default
**
254 posts
Quote:
a friend of mine made a pizza, he put so much cheese on it that you could choke on it. i was young then, so i must have developed some sort of cheese phobia @.@


I would die a happy man if I died choking on pizza that had WAY too much cheese on it. At the same time, I wouldnt eat at a pizza place that refused to put cheese on their pizza lol. I might try it once but that's it. I dont care what they'd tell me...It's 2010 and I dont want cheeseless pizza! I dont care if the pizza place is their first month in buisness...Putting no cheese on their pizza if freaking retarded.
#51 Oct 11 2010 at 11:51 AM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
Quote:
So basically anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a moron.

You do know that no one cares what you think of the game, right? No idea why you keep posting in every thread demanding people stop liking the game with you


Posting in every thread? Hmm i think you have me mistaken with someone else. 95% of my posts are from the FFXIV beta. I've since stopped posting and only post once a week or so. But I do come and voice my opinion yes. If that's wrong of me then I apologise.

I dont think anyone who disagree's with me is a moron. I think anyone that tries to convince me that my opinion is wrong is a moron. I also think anyone that defends a broken game is a moron and in denial.

SoumaKyou: If you went to a movie theatre and they insisted you use their complimentary laptops to read the first half of the story of the movie, would you find that to be acceptable?

Queue the miscontrueing of the question comment that results in you asking a question to me completely avoiding the question.

edit: I find it funny you label me as some guy posting in every single thread trying to get everyone to quit with me. When in reality I've posted what? 5 times in the past 3 weeks? You are just a typical forum hopper fanboy. I personally enjoyed FFXIV for about a day or 2. And by all means if you are happy playing it then keep enjoying. I dont want people to quit, then the game will never get fixed lol. Id prefer everyone other than myself to keep playing just so it gets fixed faster and actually becomes a playable game so i can resubscribe lol.

So keep playing! Please! More money you feed Square Enix the faster the game will be playable for us normal non-pushover people that demand an enjoyable experience in online games.

Edited, Oct 11th 2010 1:56pm by Soezu
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)