Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

NYCC producer interview (from massively)Follow

#52 Oct 12 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
Quote:
As far as the interface, I'm fine with how it's laid out, I personally like the minimalist approach.

Did someone just call a system where you have to confirm dropping/selling an item 3 times "minimalist" ? Having to confirm crystals for a synth separately from the materials & seprate from confirming the target item... Having to confirm you want to teleport to the market wards, when it's the only choice...The list goes on.

L O L I R L

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 12:28pm by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#53 Oct 12 2010 at 11:11 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Ratty - I agree with you... But I agree with Wint as well on what I *think* he is talking about - the layout.

The layout is beautifully true to old school Final Fantasy (as are many other *little* things like the quest completion and level up sounds). It's minimalist, but in a way that gives those of us who actually lived when the NES was top dog the warm fuzzies.

We are discussing two different issues at this point.
#54 Oct 12 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Man you guys need to chill out. Torrence gets it. I'm talking about when I'm running around all I see is a map, chat log, hp bar, and a couple of buttons.

You did all read my original post, where I said:

Item sorting
Ease of NPC'ing items (mouse/focus moved to appropriate controls)
Reducing use of menus (ie having to go into the menu to check someone)
Responseiveness of menu system

are things I hope are being worked on right?

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 12:26pm by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#55 Oct 12 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
218 posts

Ah never knew that was the O'Jays, certainlyheard it used enough on programs and films :)

Wint wrote:
I think what hasn't been said yet is that the UI between beta and release is vastly improved. It's still sluggish, but no where near what it was during the beta.

Well the lag may have been lessened, but the UI itself is still as awfull.
____________________________
#56 Oct 12 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
771 posts
Khronus66 wrote:
All of you who enjoyed and got something from that interview are stupid as sh*t. They clearly answered nothing except stated that the number one complaint was the interface...which it isn't. No auction house, GARBAGE fight system, sh*t community......they even said they liked how "the community came together"......it didn't. Nobody talks. I personally like how they think players are crafting because they don't want to "kill things with weapons" to level up.....THEY @#%^ING HAVE TO CRAFT. God dammit I am glad I quit this game and they aren't doing anything at all to make me even remotely interested in coming back. Checking these forums once a week now instead of every day. This game is dead and full of fanboys.


GTFO flametroll. If the game sucks that much then just leave it alone. That simple.

Coyohma wrote:
I assume "performance-smoothing" is related to lag? My opinion is the same as above with this.


I was thinking/hoping they were leaning more toward further optimization. Many great computers are still running this sluggishly, I would love to see some better performance. I would REALLY love to see a DX10 or 11 option, but I highly doubt we'll get that much.

m3gatl20n wrote:
I like when people praise people for an interview or saying what they are going to do. This is standard procedures that everyone does...to get an e-***** cause he said there will be changes is silly. Have the e-***** after the changes. These are mandatory things communicating with your player base, upcoming patch notes its nothing special.


Upcoming patch notes are nothing special? I guess the future of the game means nothing then.
#57 Oct 12 2010 at 4:05 PM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
I really wonder what some of you people are on. What possible reason could SE have for not listening to player feedback? It is the only way that this game will succeed. It would be suicidal to ignore the criticism, so to suggest that SE will sit on their ***** and do nothing is astoundingly illogical.

Get a clue.
____________________________


#58 Oct 12 2010 at 4:12 PM Rating: Good
**
451 posts
Clydey2Times wrote:
I really wonder what some of you people are on. What possible reason could SE have for not listening to player feedback? It is the only way that this game will succeed. It would be suicidal to ignore the criticism, so to suggest that SE will sit on their ***** and do nothing is astoundingly illogical.

Get a clue.



Have you dealt with SE before?

No one thinks they just dont listen to feedback. They do. But they have allways been know to just do what they want, and let gamers adapt to what they create, rather than the other way around. It is their trademark, everyone knows that.
#59 Oct 12 2010 at 4:26 PM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
KristoFurwalken wrote:
Clydey2Times wrote:
I really wonder what some of you people are on. What possible reason could SE have for not listening to player feedback? It is the only way that this game will succeed. It would be suicidal to ignore the criticism, so to suggest that SE will sit on their ***** and do nothing is astoundingly illogical.

Get a clue.



Have you dealt with SE before?

No one thinks they just dont listen to feedback. They do. But they have allways been know to just do what they want, and let gamers adapt to what they create, rather than the other way around. It is their trademark, everyone knows that.


I played FFXI for 4 years. I've had many opportunities to deal with SE and a few that could have justifiably left me feeling bitter. However, that hasn't short-circuited my ability to think rationally. People are not simply going to accept the game's major shortcomings and continue playing for the next 5 years, like a horde of mindless zombies.

If SE does not address the game's issues, people will move on. It really is that simple. Do you seriously think they are so stubborn as to allow this game to implode, despite the huge losses they would likely incur? It is plainly absurd to think that SE are that business-illiterate.

I'm inclined to think that the people complaining on here would rather feel vindicated than see this game succeed. They really are that ego-driven (no, not in the Freudian sense). After all, if this game does end up succeeding, they are going to come off as looking rather silly.
____________________________


#60 Oct 12 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
339 posts
I read this and felt genuinely happy as the UI is one of my main gripes with the game:

Quote:
That doesn't, however, mean that they don't hear what the community has been saying. Improvements for both the user interface and control schemes are incoming, as those are currently the most frequently discussed community topics.


Till I came to this part:

Quote:
Sundi and Kurosawa both mentioned that while they want to improve the interface on the PC, they also need to make sure that the interface works for both PCs and the PS3, which means that there are limited options for how many changes they can make. Balancing the needs of both systems leads to certain compromises.


Such statements may sound familiar to long time FFXI subscribers. I'm not holding my breath but I'm still hoping for the best.
____________________________


[FFXI: Ragnarok Server]

Halflight - Elvaan Male
(Retired as of June 2009)
75: RDM WHM SCH BRD PLD BST | 37: All Other Jobs
Rank 10: San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok

-----

[WoW: Nagrand Server]
85 NE Male Druid | 85 NE Male Priest | 85 NE Male Death Knight

#61 Oct 12 2010 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
Clydey2Times wrote:
Do you seriously think they are so stubborn as to allow this game to implode, despite the huge losses they would likely incur?


Yes I do.


Quote:
It is plainly absurd to think that SE are that business-illiterate.


They really are. Watching 8 years of them slowly destroying FFXI has shown me that.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#62 Oct 12 2010 at 6:54 PM Rating: Good
46 posts
Believe the improvements when you see them. Otherwise, assume they're just stringing you along. The condition of the game at release would support that assumption. Or, do you really think they believed they were giving us a gem?
#63 Oct 12 2010 at 7:02 PM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
Chaiwallah wrote:
Believe the improvements when you see them. Otherwise, assume they're just stringing you along. The condition of the game at release would support that assumption. Or, do you really think they believed they were giving us a gem?


I believe they thought the game would be better received than it was. I imagine they at least expected that it would keep players busy until some major content is added. That, to me, is the game's biggest shortcoming. I'm used to the UI at this point. I would care not a jot if they left it as it is and instead concentrated on content, NMs, and making the bazaar system more accessible (assuming an AH won't be added).

It's silly to think that they won't improve the game. What do you think they're going to do, sit on their asses and purposely lose millions? Even by addressing one of the chat issues, they have at least demonstrated that they are aware of player feedback.
____________________________


#64 Oct 12 2010 at 7:02 PM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
Lobivopis wrote:
Clydey2Times wrote:
Do you seriously think they are so stubborn as to allow this game to implode, despite the huge losses they would likely incur?


Yes I do.


Quote:
It is plainly absurd to think that SE are that business-illiterate.


They really are. Watching 8 years of them slowly destroying FFXI has shown me that.


That's an opinion I do not share. I adored FFXI.
____________________________


#65 Oct 12 2010 at 7:05 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
BRizzl3 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
Yes, better to just smile and not and not actually acknowledge anything. Clearly, that's worked wonders so far.


The issue isn't people giving negative feedback. It's that when they get responses to the feedback they complain that those responses aren't enough. People are now angry because the response they received thus far(2 weeks after launch, 3 after CE launch) is not good enough for them.


And it shouldn't be, considering the game is fundamentally broken/not finished. They tried to pull a fast one and bank on the FF brand name seeing them through this and it just didn't work. They deserve to be called on these things.


The nerd rage is strong with this one. Stop grasping for straws. They have said they'll fix it now shut your piehole and let it happen. That is all.
#66 Oct 12 2010 at 8:36 PM Rating: Good
46 posts
Clydey2Times wrote:
Chaiwallah wrote:
Believe the improvements when you see them. Otherwise, assume they're just stringing you along. The condition of the game at release would support that assumption. Or, do you really think they believed they were giving us a gem?


I believe they thought the game would be better received than it was. I imagine they at least expected that it would keep players busy until some major content is added. That, to me, is the game's biggest shortcoming. I'm used to the UI at this point. I would care not a jot if they left it as it is and instead concentrated on content, NMs, and making the bazaar system more accessible (assuming an AH won't be added).

It's silly to think that they won't improve the game. What do you think they're going to do, sit on their asses and purposely lose millions? Even by addressing one of the chat issues, they have at least demonstrated that they are aware of player feedback.


"I believe they thought the game would be better received than it was." Then you're saying that they thought that gamers are stupid. (Granted, judging from some of the arguments I've read in these forums, it would seem that some are.) I believe that SE bit off more than they could chew designing their own game engine and realized it after sinking millions into its development. Then they saw that creating the rest of the game was going to cost many millions more (and probably still only be a good-looking but soulless wreck). They concluded that it would be best for them to simply cut their losses by extracting as much money from the gullible FFers-for-life as they could, giving them a broken game and feeding them empty promises until they (SE) recognize that they've milked the cow as much as they can and slink off into the sunset.
#67 Oct 12 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Chaiwallah wrote:
"I believe they thought the game would be better received than it was." Then you're saying that they thought that gamers are stupid. (Granted, judging from some of the arguments I've read in these forums, it would seem that some are.) I believe that SE bit off more than they could chew designing their own game engine and realized it after sinking millions into its development. Then they saw that creating the rest of the game was going to cost many millions more (and probably still only be a good-looking but soulless wreck). They concluded that it would be best for them to simply cut their losses by extracting as much money from the gullible FFers-for-life as they could, giving them a broken game and feeding them empty promises until they (SE) recognize that they've milked the cow as much as they can and slink off into the sunset.


You think this is the first time a company as old as SE has designed their own game engine? Are you retarded? This game engine is also a "different version"(for lack of a better term) of the engine used for FFXIII, which broke franchise sale records for the FF series(http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12168). So I guess they didn't know what they were doing with that game either.

Crystal Tools is an amazing engine, you should read about it a little bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Tools
#68 Oct 12 2010 at 9:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Quote:
"I believe they thought the game would be better received than it was."



Well, if we are going to accept this statement as truth, we then have to ask ourselves "why". Why did they think it would be well-received?

Because it has Final Fantasy in the title?
- This is 2010 and SE doesn't have the reputation it had years ago. There's simply too much good competition now. They have to put out a good product, period.

Because they genuinely thought that mechanics in the game that have already failed in others, would work because it's was SQUARE ENIX behind the wheel?
- Again with the arrogance. There is too much competition and SE (Japan in general) is too far behind the curve to have this attitude. They are trying to reinvent the wheel, and in some cases drive without it entirely

Because they thought that the Gaming sites would give them that 1 month free pass they asked for because it's Square Enix asking?
- There's that pesky arrogance again. The truth is, sites don't need SE anymore. Maybe back before it became a billion+ dollar business they needed all the dev interviews they could get, but now they are moving onto fresh meat. Square is old news and there is no good reason to acquiescence to their demands anymore. SE alienating the Premiere sites will hurt SE far more than the sites losing a bland interview or two will hurt them.

Because after all the feedback from the testing, they thought it was a good game and was ready for launch?
- Well then they just didn't listen, and probably aren't going to listen now.


I know that you guys want to believe - but I see interviews like that and realize that they really have learned nothing. I mean literally, nothing. This game could have been so @#%^ing epic if they would just LISTEN to us for once. Sometimes I think that they believe we are the enemy. This game could have scored a 10\10 - because they were armed with years of experience from FFXI and that other MMO they run (whatever it is), and an absolutely fanatical core playerbase to give them the direction they need on what works and what doesn't.

Instead it barely scraped out HALF THE SCORE OF THE GAME THEY MADE ALMOST TEN YEARS AGO.

To add insult to injury, that interview could have been taken directly from any of the ones posted around that timeline, and we wouldn't have known the difference.

I want to believe too - but they sure are making it hard with interviews like that.

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 11:48pm by Torrence
#69 Oct 12 2010 at 9:44 PM Rating: Good
46 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Chaiwallah wrote:
"I believe they thought the game would be better received than it was." Then you're saying that they thought that gamers are stupid. (Granted, judging from some of the arguments I've read in these forums, it would seem that some are.) I believe that SE bit off more than they could chew designing their own game engine and realized it after sinking millions into its development. Then they saw that creating the rest of the game was going to cost many millions more (and probably still only be a good-looking but soulless wreck). They concluded that it would be best for them to simply cut their losses by extracting as much money from the gullible FFers-for-life as they could, giving them a broken game and feeding them empty promises until they (SE) recognize that they've milked the cow as much as they can and slink off into the sunset.


You think this is the first time a company as old as SE has designed their own game engine? Are you retarded? This game engine is also a "different version"(for lack of a better term) of the engine used for FFXIII, which broke franchise sale records for the FF series(http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12168). So I guess they didn't know what they were doing with that game either.

Crystal Tools is an amazing engine, you should read about it a little bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Tools


All game engines are amazing. I stand by my observations until I see evidence to the contrary. And, as far as the wikipedia description of the Crystal Tools engine goes, it says what the engine is supposed to do, but I don't see evidence in FFXIV that it's performing as intended.

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 11:47pm by Chaiwallah
#70 Oct 12 2010 at 9:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
I completely disagree that SE doesn't have the reputation they did before. If anything their reputation is much better than it has ever been. Maybe not for the FFXI community, but for the rest of SE's products they are doing very well. There are loads of consumers who purchased FFXIII, and many more waiting impatiently on Versus XIII right now. With the amount of people out there who buy every single offline FF product it's hard to say their reputation isn't good.

And before anyone starts talking bad about FFXIII please think about if you even played a good portion of the game. Many people who tell me they didn't like FFXIII say they didn't get past Chapter 4 or so.

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 11:47pm by BRizzl3
#71 Oct 12 2010 at 10:06 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
384 posts
So, all this interview has managed to do, was once again show us that Square's giving us the run around. it's nothing new to anyone who's played XI before.

I'm not holding my breath, i'll just keep an eye out on the lodestone for update patches and see what happens.

@the XIII comment - did we play the same game? 8+ hours before the game gets remotely good, does not make a good game. SE has long since killed it's amazing game reputation
____________________________
Naeo & Loury
PUP73 & BRD78
both retired.
R.I.P
Bismarck Server - 8 years in the making.

Upset about XIV? Stop complaining, and join the solution
ffxiah thread
ZAM thread
BG, Gamespot, and other sites are being utilized as well.
#72 Oct 12 2010 at 10:13 PM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
Quote:
There are loads of consumers who purchased FFXIII, and many more waiting impatiently on Versus XIII right now


Well let's look at the data we have available - since there isn't a final number that I can find. FFXIII might be the fastest, but we will have to wait and see if it actually outsells their current record-holder - VII.

NA sales:
GoGaminggiant wrote:
1,322,100 total US units sold, 828,200 copies were the PlayStation 3 version, and 493,300 were for the Xbox 360.


So, 800k on the Sony hardware and 400k on the Xbox hardware. Let's look at some other figures.


How many Sony Playstation 3 have been sold to date?

Wiki wrote:
38.1 million as of 31 June 2010


What about Xbox 360?

Wiki wrote:
41.7 million as of June 30, 201


Most recent worldwide sales of FFXIII?

wiki wrote:
As of May 18, 2010, Final Fantasy XIII had sold 5.75 million copies worldwide


Just under 6 million copies of a game, with what looks like around 40-50k individual users (taking into 10-20 mil for overlaps, upgrades, rebuys, and RRODs lol). More people bought Wii Play and Wii Fit, than FFXIII (in fact, that **** sold 25+ million, EACH? Wow. Wii sports at the top being bundled with the 60+ millions Wiis that have sold...)

My point is - SE doesn't have a huge reputation anymore - they just don't. What they DO have, is a rabid fanatical core playerbase of a few million who are willing to part with serious money for their habit......... Which they are now successfully alienating by trying to pass off half-finished and linear products.




#73 Oct 12 2010 at 10:39 PM Rating: Default
*
116 posts
Torrence wrote:
Quote:
"I believe they thought the game would be better received than it was."



Well, if we are going to accept this statement as truth, we then have to ask ourselves "why". Why did they think it would be well-received?


People make mistakes. If they didn't, every game released by a major developer would score a 9 or a 10 across the board. Besides, some people do actually enjoy the game. No one has any right to state that this is a bad game. They have the right to state their opinions, but it is borderline arrogant to think that your opinion is the right opinion. It isn't a bad game because you say so and it isn't a good game because I say so. It's a game that some people will like and some will dislike, purely because taste is subjective.

SE didn't set out to make a poor product. They almost certainly developed a title that they expected to be proud of. There could be a number of reasons why they put out a game that a lot of people didn't connect with. For all you know, the developers may enjoy the type of game FFXIV is as it stands, much like I do. You also have to consider that it is difficult to assess your own work objectively.

There was also another possible explanation put forward, that they were put under pressure to release the game early. I think that is entirely possible.

Quote:
I know that you guys want to believe - but I see interviews like that and realize that they really have learned nothing. I mean literally, nothing. This game could have been so @#%^ing epic if they would just LISTEN to us for once. Sometimes I think that they believe we are the enemy. This game could have scored a 10\10 - because they were armed with years of experience from FFXI and that other MMO they run (whatever it is), and an absolutely fanatical core playerbase to give them the direction they need on what works and what doesn't.

Instead it barely scraped out HALF THE SCORE OF THE GAME THEY MADE ALMOST TEN YEARS AGO.


What on earth does that have to do with anything? Everything is relative. It's astounding to me that you think a review from nearly a decade ago is relevant to the current climate. It's a bit like pointing to the original Metal Gear and thinking it is comparable to Metal Gear Solid 4 simply because it was well-reviewed, what, 20 years ago?

____________________________


#74 Oct 12 2010 at 11:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
And before anyone starts talking bad about FFXIII please think about if you even played a good portion of the game. Many people who tell me they didn't like FFXIII say they didn't get past Chapter 4 or so.


I have played it. I have beaten it. I did all the 'postgame'.

It was a steaming pile of sh*t from the meandering and bland story, the stilted and forced dialogue, exaggerated character actions in the start so that later on when they 'grow' (i.e. just act normal and not on drugs/in need of getting laid) it gives the illusion of character growth, absolutely forgettable soundtrack, and utter lack of thought put into the game. 64 kill quests/hunts does not a postgame make, and the fact that this is actually the first FF they tried a true postgame with (and failed horribly) should tell you they didn't bother to put any effort into it. Severely stripped down stats, simplistic and boring battle-system (it's 4-9 ATB with stored charges; it's not revolutionary), the worst form of power growth yet in the series, and the utter lack of real care given it would shout that to anyone with half a **** brain.

It floated on the name and the graphics. It didn't have a decent soundtrack to carry it this time.

Edited, Oct 13th 2010 1:38am by StrijderVechter
#75 Oct 12 2010 at 11:51 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:

You think this is the first time a company as old as SE has designed their own game engine?


No, I just think they didn't have the expertise to do it.

BRizzl3 wrote:
Crystal Tools is an amazing engine, you should read about it a little bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Tools


Compare it to CryEngine 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryEngine_3


Crystal Tools is very outdated, it doesn't even have global shadowing.




Edited, Oct 13th 2010 4:23am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#76 Oct 13 2010 at 12:17 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
And before anyone starts talking bad about FFXIII please think about if you even played a good portion of the game. Many people who tell me they didn't like FFXIII say they didn't get past Chapter 4 or so.


I see the point you're trying to make here, but, as someone who has been playing Squaresoft and Enix titles since before the 90s, I have to say that FF13 was the first Final Fantasy, and the second Squaresoft game (the first being Vagrant Story) that ever made me feel like I was FORCING myself to play.

Every other title I have played by either company has been like crack. Pick it up and you couldn't pry it out of my hands if you tried. Every FF game prior to XIII has shared the feature that once I start playing it, you can kiss the next several hours of my life goodbye without a second thought.

I could not get into 13 at all. I didn't like the battle system, I didn't like the fact that character progression was locked to story progression, or the fact that the game bombarded you with cutscene after cutscene after cutscene, the list goes on.

As someone who has played Squaresoft and Enix titles, not limited to the Final Fantasy franchise, for two decades, I feel pretty confident in calling FF13 a giant waste of $85 (bought the collector's edition strategy guide for it too). The "fun factor" wore off for me about an hour into the game, and for the next several hours, I felt like I was forcing myself to play a game I was not enjoying because I had just gone to a midnight release and dropped 85 dollars on the **** thing. Perhaps the game does get better later; all I can say is, why would a game developer want to put their bad content at teh beginning of the game and their good content at the end, after many people have gotten fed up and quit?

Sometimes I kinda feel like XIV is going the way of XIII. It's not so much that I -want- to get on and play like I did with XI; I would only be signing on because I just spent $75 on the game and I feel like I "wasted my money" if I don't play it.

I'm really confident that SE will fix the problems eventually, and that the game will get better, and I'll probably be having a blast later on. The problem is, why do they want to put their worst foot forward? I don't expect it to be polished and perfect on release, and people who expect a flawless product on release are idiots, but the thing SE fails to realize is: Consumers -ARE- idiots. Most of their prospective customers -DO- expect a perfect product at launch. Now, they're going to be let down no matter what, but SE needs to start fixing things -now- and not "eventually" if they want the game to reach their expectations.

I feel like a cheerleader at a Detroit Lions game. I want them to do well, and I support them, and they keep saying they'll do better... but they really need to stop talking about how much better it's GOING to be and do it.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#77 Oct 13 2010 at 12:25 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
That's the thing about the FF series. Many people like it for different reasons. I ask that a premium member make a poll. Ask, "What was your favorite FF game?". You will see that aside from VII, there will probably be no clear cut winner. Some people loved X an X-2, others hated it. I didn't really care for VIII, but some people loved it.

The public opinion is going to differ when it comes to SE products.
Even among loyal customers. FF XIV is no different.
____________________________

1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (12)