Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Help!? account suspended same day i bought the game!Follow

#102Dartagon, Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 9:13 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) The first thing the judge will ask.
#103 Oct 12 2010 at 9:20 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
Dartagon wrote:
The first thing the judge will ask.

"Why did you agree to a contract that you could not, did not or did not understand, read, or agree to?"

Case closed.


In the United States the EULA are not binding contracts. There are things called consumer protection laws which also cancels out a large part of EULA/TOS agreements.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#104 Oct 12 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Dartagon wrote:
The first thing the judge will ask.

"Why did you agree to a contract that you could not, did not or did not understand, read, or agree to?"

Case closed.


You watch too much court TV, judges tend to legally make things right, regardless how how dumb those involved are.
____________________________


#105PrometheusUnbound, Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 9:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) This.
#106 Oct 12 2010 at 9:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
deathly809 wrote:
Dartagon wrote:
The first thing the judge will ask.

"Why did you agree to a contract that you could not, did not or did not understand, read, or agree to?"

Case closed.


In the United States the EULA are not binding contracts. There are things called consumer protection laws which also cancels out a large part of EULA/TOS agreements.


While this is true, it only protects them from things that are actualy wronged upon them. Such as a company banning for no reason siting the EULA. Now if you actualy violated things within the rules, then the EULA will hold as a binding contract.

They didnt just make those things up for no reason you know, there is a reason they have them.
____________________________


#107 Oct 12 2010 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
Vedis wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Dartagon wrote:
The first thing the judge will ask.

"Why did you agree to a contract that you could not, did not or did not understand, read, or agree to?"

Case closed.


In the United States the EULA are not binding contracts. There are things called consumer protection laws which also cancels out a large part of EULA/TOS agreements.


While this is true, it only protects them from things that are actualy wronged upon them. Such as a company banning for no reason siting the EULA. Now if you actualy violated things within the rules, then the EULA will hold as a binding contract.

They didnt just make those things up for no reason you know, there is a reason they have them.


Yeah but all the EULAs say "WE CAN DISCONTINUE SERVICE FOR NO REASON WITHOUT CAUSE AND YOU CANNOT SUE US."

The judge is not going to let that fly like that guy thinks.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#108 Oct 12 2010 at 9:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
deathly809 wrote:
Vedis wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Dartagon wrote:
The first thing the judge will ask.

"Why did you agree to a contract that you could not, did not or did not understand, read, or agree to?"

Case closed.


In the United States the EULA are not binding contracts. There are things called consumer protection laws which also cancels out a large part of EULA/TOS agreements.


While this is true, it only protects them from things that are actualy wronged upon them. Such as a company banning for no reason siting the EULA. Now if you actualy violated things within the rules, then the EULA will hold as a binding contract.

They didnt just make those things up for no reason you know, there is a reason they have them.


Yeah but all the EULAs say "WE CAN DISCONTINUE SERVICE FOR NO REASON WITHOUT CAUSE AND YOU CANNOT SUE US."

The judge is not going to let that fly like that guy thinks.




oh yeah im not arguing that, in those cases, the judge will rule against the terms
but itl never get that far is my main point, if it comes down to no real reason other then "your banned, ***** you" they will issue a refund if you ask(and be persistent)
the problem is though, if you do not take reasonable measures to obtain a refund before going to court, you actualy kinda ***** yourself, cuz then you can and will be held accountable for court fees if they sue you for them back.
____________________________


#109 Oct 12 2010 at 9:55 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
Vedis wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Vedis wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Dartagon wrote:
The first thing the judge will ask.

"Why did you agree to a contract that you could not, did not or did not understand, read, or agree to?"

Case closed.


In the United States the EULA are not binding contracts. There are things called consumer protection laws which also cancels out a large part of EULA/TOS agreements.


While this is true, it only protects them from things that are actualy wronged upon them. Such as a company banning for no reason siting the EULA. Now if you actualy violated things within the rules, then the EULA will hold as a binding contract.

They didnt just make those things up for no reason you know, there is a reason they have them.


Yeah but all the EULAs say "WE CAN DISCONTINUE SERVICE FOR NO REASON WITHOUT CAUSE AND YOU CANNOT SUE US."

The judge is not going to let that fly like that guy thinks.




oh yeah im not arguing that, in those cases, the judge will rule against the terms
but itl never get that far is my main point, if it comes down to no real reason other then "your banned, ***** you" they will issue a refund if you ask(and be persistent)
the problem is though, if you do not take reasonable measures to obtain a refund before going to court, you actualy kinda ***** yourself, cuz then you can and will be held accountable for court fees if they sue you for them back.



Yeah. Well SE is not known for being customer friendly haha. The guy already got a refund by calling the credit card company and cancelling his pay thingy account.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#110 Oct 12 2010 at 10:09 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Call their customer support and demand to talk to a manager. Ask what their first and last name is, and write it down. Start yelling at said manager, "if" they are unhelpful, for a resolution. If you continue to have problems, ask to be transferred to the manager's supervisor. Continue calling until your issues are resolved. This is really the only recourse that any of us have for dealing with issues like this. Continue being the squeeky wheel and continue calling them.

If you actually did do something that exploited the game, then may shiva frost you to the core.

Edited, Oct 13th 2010 12:10am by Parsalyn
#111 Oct 12 2010 at 10:13 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
This thread is over haha, he already contacted the credit card company and cancelled.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#112 Oct 12 2010 at 10:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
90 posts
nirvycn wrote:
Well my wife finally got someone to tell her what happened. It seems as we duo'd our first few guild leves she was doing somerthing that was consideredn and exploit - they wouldnt say what it was, and my account too has now been terminated permenantly.

Both my wife and myself have cancelled the transaction on our cards, cancelled the Click and Buy account,and as an aside we have shut our FFXI accounts after 4 years playing it together. The bank have already stopped/reversed the transaction for the game thank god.

Their customer service was appalling and as soon as they realised we had been banned for whatever the **** this exploit was they cut us off and told us they cannot provide support to a banned account. Ten minutes later my own account was Terminated too.

Thanks all for your help, we still really dont know what happened other than they think we were cheaking on the tutorial leve thingy we were doing.

This is the last SE product we are buying.

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 1:45pm by nirvycn


OMG, UP UP UP this thread until SOMEONE SOMEHOW at SE sees that and do something! They can't get away with it, goddammit! This whole story is almost too absurd to be true!!! What a bunch of stupid MORONS!
#113 Oct 13 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
18 posts
This whole scenario has me concerned. I might drop CON permanently at this rate. I don't trust SE enough to not remove me for normal gameplay.
____________________________
-----
Signature Pending
#114 Oct 13 2010 at 2:41 PM Rating: Good
14 posts
The funny thing is, I still see the two bots I've reported a week ago in the exact same cave everyday.

Ant they're clearly and very obviously bots. Till today I thought they're not banned because SE is investigating them and looking where the money flows and to get all accounts at once. But.. doesn't seem that way when they insta-ban regular customers on their first day.

Makes me sad :(
#115thehellfire, Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 2:48 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Moral of the story:
#116 Oct 13 2010 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
428 posts
thehellfire wrote:
Moral of the story:

DONT F' ING PLAY CONJ or THAUM AND YOU WONT GET BANNED AND COME HERE TOQQ


FTFY
#117 Oct 13 2010 at 3:23 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
Oh my god, this is the most ridiculous thing i heard in all my gaming life of all games i played. SE doesn't make it clear on what is an "exploit", then ban players for life. Your wife was being a mage, and you were being the melee who was obviously tanking and dealing all the damage. We are talking about the tutorial quest, so, even more ridiculous, SE should known, obviously, that beginners are not expected to know all the actions in game that are considered exploits. Especially NOT when the game has just released, and especially NOT when SE didn't describe clearly what are the exploits we need to avoid in game. Where did they tell that mage can't join a party just so the mage can just spam the cures only to get faster skill ups ?... If the mage used cures when there was no real needs, then i can see the cheat. But when the mage is just doing her job in a duo... we are talking about something else. Not only SE is wrong for considering this an exploit, but SE is even more wrong for not telling that MAGE CAN'T CURE IN A PARTY... Seriously, wich mage aware of this will join a group for healing ? I am a conjurer, and i turned down all the invites because i am afraid SE will ban me. As soon as i hit 20, i'll switch to a melee job and will wait SE fix this none sense. I just can't beleive what i am reading. Imo Se should of made the skill ups system differently. They should allow all jobs to get skill ups from ALL their spells or actions. If conjurers use cure, they they can't use their other actions. It's just common sense and being fare to allow mages to get skill ups from cures. I really am tempted to right a letter to SE and suspend then from my billing fees... How about i ban their asses !! I am seriously tempted... I'll give it some toughts.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#118 Oct 13 2010 at 4:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
220 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
If your wife still wants to play, which sounds doubtful, then you can make a new account.

If you still want to play, setup new a new account.


In addition, SQUARE ENIX shall be entitled to terminate any FINAL FANTASY XIV Account (immediately and without notice) of any User who (1) was previously suspended or terminated by SQUARE ENIX and who SQUARE ENIX believes (in its sole discretion) re-registered using different registration information in order to circumvent or bypass such suspension or termination

Permanently banned from all SE services forever with no warning and no appeal process? Well, at least they gave some warning this time around.
#119 Oct 13 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
600 posts
**edited, your wife was playing CON and you already know about the healing/enhancing bug, so no need to even ask those questions. **

Another thing that could get you a ban is a bug that I've noticed when fighting mobs. If the mob is on an "incline" (as in, a small hill that only comes up to your knees, etc) and you pull it (say, with Spirit Dart, Stone Throw, etc)...oft times it will attack and fight you, and suddenly path back to where it was and regenerate it's HP. It will then run back and attack you until it gets low, and then reset and regenerate HP again.

A few friends of mine have been abusing the **** out of this, gaining near 600+ SP per fight, before it "caps out" and that particular mob doesn't give any SP.

That's the only "bug" that I can think of off the top of my head that might be punishable by "death".

Anyway, did you happen to do any of that?

I mean, they wouldn't outright say what you were doing that was illegal, since everything in the game SHOULD be legal (why the **** put illegal stuff there if players can't use it, right?)...but you never know. Maybe they found something that nobody knows about...and if that's the case, they should at least let the public know about it so that we can refrain from participating in said "illegal activities".

I'm sorry ;-(

Edited, Oct 13th 2010 10:55pm by Samuraiken
____________________________
Quote:
Hadasui readies JP-button.
Hadasui gains the effect of OMFGWTF.
Hadasui obtains: A Pwn Katana +1.
Perce : U want 2 pT?
Hadasui : JPONRY!

♠ ´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` (¸Hadasui:SMN75·PLD75·DRG67♠ ´¨)
#120 Oct 13 2010 at 8:10 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
The OP was probably hacked.

This happened to my brother who is playing on my buddy pass. He logged in today to find his character deleted and replaced with new character with a gibberish name (Assuming it's a spam bot). He hasn't been banned yet and has sent a ticket to inform SE.

I wonder how he was hacked? So everyone watch out!
____________________________


#121 Oct 13 2010 at 8:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
377 posts
g2ds wrote:
The OP was probably hacked.

This happened to my brother who is playing on my buddy pass. He logged in today to find his character deleted and replaced with new character with a gibberish name (Assuming it's a spam bot). He hasn't been banned yet and has sent a ticket to inform SE.

I wonder how he was hacked? So everyone watch out!


There is a keylogger/trojan horse on that computer. Don't play on it and remove it now.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://www.eset.com/ 30day free trial antivirus
#122LDSkinny, Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 8:26 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) After reading this thread, I had to make an account just to comment on it. I find it hysterical that people just accept claims like these at face value. It's just not in a company's best interest to ban people randomly like this, and even with a company that has **** poor customer support like SE, I just don't buy this story. It is entirely TOO EASY to make up these kinds of sob stories and stir up a storm. A similar thing happened with Steam where a user claimed to have had his account suspended with no explanation. After pages and pages of people saying how evil Steam was and how they needed to make this story public and get the word out, the realization hit that it was just another forum troll.
#123 Oct 13 2010 at 8:30 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
Quote:
There is a keylogger/trojan horse on that computer. Don't play on it and remove it now.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://www.eset.com/ 30day free trial antivirus


He ran a virus scan and it's not picking up any viruses. He also uses different username/passwords on websites he signs up for.
____________________________


#124 Oct 13 2010 at 8:34 PM Rating: Excellent
*
203 posts
Samuraiken wrote:
Another thing that could get you a ban is a bug that I've noticed when fighting mobs. If the mob is on an "incline" (as in, a small hill that only comes up to your knees, etc) and you pull it (say, with Spirit Dart, Stone Throw, etc)...oft times it will attack and fight you, and suddenly path back to where it was and regenerate it's HP. It will then run back and attack you until it gets low, and then reset and regenerate HP again.

A few friends of mine have been abusing the **** out of this, gaining near 600+ SP per fight, before it "caps out" and that particular mob doesn't give any SP.


Odd; every time a mob tethers on me, the SP that I gained up to that point doesn't count. First happened to me with the damned stags in Gridania; they would actually knock me out of their tether range, and then reset on me. Very annoying.
#125 Oct 13 2010 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
31 posts
Given Square-Enix's customer service up to this point, I do not think it is a far-fetched scenario.

Myself, I did not enjoy the beta and hadn't planned to pick up the game. However, a few friends did anyway and I caved and ordered a copy. One of them had given me a buddy pass so I wouldn't get far behind while waiting for my retail copy to arrive. Once it arrived, I attempted to register my retail to my copy, and it set it up as a second FFXIV account / service option (near as I can tell from my experience, Buddy Passes are non-expiring, full licenses to the game; just a side FYI). I contacted customer service and asked them if there was a way to "merge" the accounts, as I didn't want to face future problems, and had a Rank 10 THM on the "buddy pass" account already.

Their first solution: They sent me a link to a form to "Transfer your BETA character to Retail."

Nope, not it.

Their second solution: They sent me an email with a link to another form, stating that if I filled this form out in detail, they would happily provide me a new CD key. Wait... what? I already have two keys and want to go down to one; a third CD key, while a generous offer (?), was not helpful for my situation. Their third response, after again explaining the problem to them: We cannot handle this via email, please call us. So I give them a call while on a break at the office, and they again tell me they can help me "get a new CD key to replace my last one."

After two days of dealing with their ineptitude, I decided starting over and re-leveling to THM 10 was a much simpler solution than to continue to try and get a worthwhile response from their ****-poor customer service.

Regarding the "credibility" of the original post; what is there not to believe? Square themselves essentially said in their lodestone post -- if you have been playing a THM or CONJ in a group and healing, you will be banned.

You do realize the absurdity of that logic, correct? I didn't even know the lodestone existed until after that issue was already fixed. With a game like FFXIV, you are probably ballparking 30% of your customers actually reading the forums (that, of course, is a made-up statistic, based off the fact that I know 4 people who tried FFXIV and I am the only one who read any forums for it; I am padding the number in SE's favor). The large casual base? Many of whom probably did not play beta? They're a healer in a group -- exactly what do you expect them to do? They are going to heal, of course. And if they haven't played any other classes, how are they to know if their rate of skill gains is above or below normal? In fact, had Square not just said they made it easier to gain skills?

There is a significant problem with blindly categorizing all "exploits" in the same light: Certainly, some exploits are intentionally designed (WoW players: KITE TO VAEL'S ROOM wut). However -- "you pressed your the primary button for your class, you dirty jerk." sounds like a rather silly statement of guilt, does it not?
#126 Oct 13 2010 at 8:49 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Quote:
You do realize the absurdity of that logic, correct? I didn't even know the lodestone existed until after that issue was already fixed. With a game like FFXIV, you are probably ballparking 30% of your customers actually reading the forums (that, of course, is a made-up statistic, based off the fact that I know 4 people who tried FFXIV and I am the only one who read any forums for it; I am padding the number in SE's favor). The large casual base? Many of whom probably did not play beta? They're a healer in a group -- exactly what do you expect them to do? They are going to heal, of course. And if they haven't played any other classes, how are they to know if their rate of skill gains is above or below normal? In fact, had Square not just said they made it easier to gain skills?


Are you familiar with how the exploit worked? I refuse to believe anyone is THAT ignorant to not realize they were doing something wrong. Pulling one mob, intentionally NOT killing it, while a full group of 16 spam aoe cures to get tens of thousands of SP, and doing this for 30 minutes at a time? If this was your first MMO, maybe you didn't know better, but there was amnesty for it, and I haven't heard mass complaints over the bannings, so I think SE was pretty lenient.

Just to give some perspective. You could replace all instances of Square Enix and FFXIV in the OP's posts with any title of any other MMO and the thread would have the same level of legitimacy. Seriously, you could make a form letter where you plug in relevant MMO information and post it on their respective boards. I guarantee you will get the same level of outrage on every board because people treat everything they read on the internet as fact.
#127 Oct 13 2010 at 11:33 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
283 posts
Everyone who thinks this is hard to believe need to remember that SE did this once before. In ffxi they used a bot sniffing program that ended up banning a lot of players who where not using any kind of bot program at all. It ended up that the sniffer looked for people based on gear the idea being that RMT's do not buy new gear and would have large amounts of gill on them.

If they did it once why do you find it so hard to believe that they would do it again? I had 3 friends hit by this in ffxi one of them never played the game out side the AH. He spent his days buying low and selling high. He was up to 4.5 mill when they band him. The funny thing was he was on more than any of us and spent a lot of time role playing and handing out gill to people who ran quest that he made up. I made 400k off him for taking him to Juno and then delivering food to him wile he did the chocobo quest. People like this added a lot to the game yet he got hit for being a RMT.

Do not be so fast to say people getting banned by SE are cheaters. There is a good chance SE is in the wrong here. There history speaks for it's self.
#128 Oct 13 2010 at 11:44 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
I'm not saying he's a cheater, or that he didn't get banned.

I am saying that I'm seeing absolutely zero healthy skepticism in this thread. This thread is just an angry mob. Imagine being in a town hall meeting when suddenly a person you've never met before comes in and says "The police arrested me for no reason! They're all evil!"

If this thread is any indication, you all would immediately set fire to the Mayor's Office without a second thought.
#129 Oct 14 2010 at 7:22 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
46 posts
Wasn't the conj bug fixed before the 12th? This must be something else.
#130 Oct 14 2010 at 8:30 AM Rating: Default
40 posts
OneFatAngel wrote:
Whoever over in SE made the decision to not let people know why they get ban should get arrest by the police, then put in jail for 3 days. When they ask why they are in jail, the respond will be, "I have no idea, but you can find out after 3 days when we release you." On the second day, they are sentence to death and are drag to the shooting range. When they ask what did they do to deserve death? The answer will be, "Since you will be dead anyway, there is no need for you to know anymore."

HOW YOU LIKE THAT? SE?

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 11:17am by OneFatAngel


wow, this is just sad .. kinda worrying about my account now =/ seems like SE is super trigger-happy

edit: quoted because his reply was full of win haha ^^

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 10:31am by iamdev
#131 Oct 14 2010 at 11:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
350 posts
LDSkinny wrote:
I'm not saying he's a cheater, or that he didn't get banned.

I am saying that I'm seeing absolutely zero healthy skepticism in this thread. This thread is just an angry mob. Imagine being in a town hall meeting when suddenly a person you've never met before comes in and says "The police arrested me for no reason! They're all evil!"

If this thread is any indication, you all would immediately set fire to the Mayor's Office without a second thought.


Seriously though, if this guy really did make it up, why wouldn't an SE representative post in this forum to speak up about it and perform some damage control? Oh yeah, because SE's customer service sucks ***, and they don't give a rats *** if they accidentally ban a player or if a troll is hurting their reputation.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 10:03am by Cyiode
#132 Oct 14 2010 at 11:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
Cyiode wrote:
Seriously though, if this guy really did make it up, why wouldn't an SE representative post in this forum to speak up about it and perform some damage control? Oh yeah, because SE's customer service sucks ***, and they don't give a rats *** if they accidentally ban a player or if a troll is hurting their reputation.

If SE had to make a comment about every complain (real or fake) they would run out of money hiring people.

It is pretty normal policy for MMORPG companies to ignore public forum complains. It is actually an exception when they do address something in a public forum.
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#133 Oct 14 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
743 posts
I wonder what would happen if a banned player actually showed up to their office to complain?
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
#134 Oct 14 2010 at 12:50 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
AngusX wrote:
I wonder what would happen if a banned player actually showed up to their office to complain?


I don't think SE would care. I think they would so "go to our complaints depot" then send him on a wild goose chase or make him wait in the waiting room until closing time saying "Oh I'm sorry we are now closed".
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#135 Oct 14 2010 at 2:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
Shadowside wrote:
Absolutely do not report your purchase as fraud. You will be the one committing fraud if you do this. That pesky TOS you have to agree to says that SE may suspend/ban at any time for any reason. This is not to say they do not make mistakes. Keep trying to communicate with them, but don't think for a second that there is some legal way to get your money back.

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 11:12am by Shadowside


I have no idea the full extent of legal rights, but I'm pretty **** sure of this:

Law supercedes contracts. It doesn't matter what's in that contract, if the practices involved by one party violates a law in which the service is taking place the TOS has no legal leg to stand on. It doesn't matter if you sign one or not (i.e. logging in constitutes accepting the terms), if they're in violation, they're in violation.
#136 Oct 14 2010 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
StrijderVechter wrote:
Shadowside wrote:
Absolutely do not report your purchase as fraud. You will be the one committing fraud if you do this. That pesky TOS you have to agree to says that SE may suspend/ban at any time for any reason. This is not to say they do not make mistakes. Keep trying to communicate with them, but don't think for a second that there is some legal way to get your money back.

Edited, Oct 12th 2010 11:12am by Shadowside


I have no idea the full extent of legal rights, but I'm pretty **** sure of this:

Law supercedes contracts. It doesn't matter what's in that contract, if the practices involved by one party violates a law in which the service is taking place the TOS has no legal leg to stand on. It doesn't matter if you sign one or not (i.e. logging in constitutes accepting the terms), if they're in violation, they're in violation.


I think you're right, however the point Shadowside was making is that you can't report this as Credit Card fraud. You can report SE for breaking any of the laws listed in this thread, but SE didn't steal your credit card information and make fraudulent charges.

It may be nitpicking, but CC fraud is when your card is used without your authorization. What is going on here is a denial of service without explanation, not fraud. I'm sure you can still legally fight it, but there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 4:08pm by Hydragyrum
#137 Oct 14 2010 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
All credit cards have provisions for purchasing something and not receiving it.

Even restaurants who have "We may refuse service for any reason at any time." will give you a refund if they took your money without giving you your food. Otherwise you can just call up your credit card company and get the money back.

You can call your credit card company and file a claim saying you didn't get what you paid for, and they will deal with it. If it is AmEx you pretty much won... they are vicious on these cases.
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#138 Oct 19 2010 at 7:17 AM Rating: Decent
7 posts
Well I am trying to help figuring out what happened, are you sure your charnames used to be Cal Smith and Calette Smith? Cannot find them in any content? Neither in Lodestone nor elsewhere.

Can you please contact me via PM?
#139 Oct 19 2010 at 8:01 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
26 posts
I call ******** on this one.

I know from a sure source that this is not the way SE deal with exploits. This is not the way they dealed with the cure exploit either.

OP is a troll.
#140 Oct 19 2010 at 8:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
398 posts
HDurance wrote:
I call bullsh*t on this one.

I know from a sure source that this is not the way SE deal with exploits. This is not the way they dealed with the cure exploit either.

OP is a troll.


Plainly you and/or your source know at lot less than either of you think, because this whole thread (and the others like it that cropped up at the same time) are remarkably similar to what happened to some people on FFXI not so very long ago. That was met with understandable scepticsm at first, but it soon became apparent that SE had messed up somehow and innocent people were suffering.

Given how they handled the FFXI "mass bannings", whereby people were being flagged and banned as RMT exploiting the gardening system regardless of whether they were in fact guilty or innocent, it's not unreasonable to assume something similar has happened here. Because regardless of what you and/or your source think they know, there is direct evidence to the contrary.

Now, the OP may indeed be making it up, or not being honest with the facts, but this is not the only thread that cropped up about this, and more than a few people seem to have been affected.

Were they all making it up? Maybe. Were they all banned for good reason? Maybe. Is even one of them innocent? Given SEs history, most likely, yes.
____________________________
Gii ~~ Kujata (now Giii of Valefor)
Woodworking 100+3+3, some jobs at some levels
#141 Oct 19 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
Indalecius wrote:
Well I am trying to help figuring out what happened, are you sure your charnames used to be Cal Smith and Calette Smith? Cannot find them in any content? Neither in Lodestone nor elsewhere.

Can you please contact me via PM?


The accounts were probably taken by hackers, their characters deleted and replaced by spam bots. This would explain why they were banned for RMT.

This is what happened to my brother, though he never got an e-mail saying he was banned. He logged in and his characters were gone and replaced.
____________________________


#142 Oct 20 2010 at 3:02 AM Rating: Decent
7 posts
Nevertheless, I might be able to do something, so if they help me with infos I might be able to tell them what went wrong.

Moreover if they used the secure token, the chances that a hacker got their account are rather low, or even zero. So imho something else must have gone completely wrong.
#143 Oct 20 2010 at 6:35 AM Rating: Good
nirvycn wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
nirvycn wrote:
We used Click and Buy. It seems to be set up okay on the C+B website. We use these cards for FFXI and Aion - so the cards are working fine.

My wife has just got the following email just now.

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Due to violations of the service agreement, your account for the following service has been terminated.
You will no longer be able to use this service.

Date of Service Termination: 10/12/2010
Service Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV


Does this mean she is banned for good, this is getting rediculous now!??

Help ? :(


Request more information on exactly why you were banned. Also include a note that if your request is not
met that legal action might follow next. You can always contact your credit card company and report it as
fraud and also look into small claims court.




My wife has tried to request the reasons for the suspension and then the banning, however they are telling her that as her account is banned she isnt entitled to support and not getting anywhere with them, as we are both at work we cant do much yet. Im Furious though, we spent a fair whack of money only yesterday, and 12 hours later one of us is banned for good, with no explanation given.

I will call them up when home regarding my own account, however i cannot and wont be playing a game without my wife, and im certainly not buying another account from them so she can play with me :(


As much as I support the game itself, this kind of garbage is making me reconsider whether SE is a company that deserves my money in the first place.
____________________________
http://www.pbpmap.com/ - play by post rpgs at their best!


#144 Oct 20 2010 at 9:13 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
301 posts
ToS may be deemed unfair in your country, just because its in a set of TOS doesnt mean its legal or binding in all countries. just because you hit accept doesnt mean an "unfair" contract is binding. in the uk there could be some fun to be had with SE because as its sold in the UK, English & Welsh civil law and EU law is what matters not where SE is based regardless of what SE says
____________________________
99 NIN/DNC/WAR/MNK/SAM/BST/WHM/RDM
70 BLM/RNG
#145 Oct 20 2010 at 9:42 AM Rating: Default
LDSkinny wrote:
I'm not saying he's a cheater, or that he didn't get banned.

I am saying that I'm seeing absolutely zero healthy skepticism in this thread. This thread is just an angry mob. Imagine being in a town hall meeting when suddenly a person you've never met before comes in and says "The police arrested me for no reason! They're all evil!"

If this thread is any indication, you all would immediately set fire to the Mayor's Office without a second thought.


Good point. Thanks for posting that, gave me some perspective. Cheers :)


Edited, Oct 20th 2010 12:42pm by charityneverfaileth
____________________________
http://www.pbpmap.com/ - play by post rpgs at their best!


#146 Oct 21 2010 at 6:47 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
301 posts
the other litmus test is "what is deemed fair and reasonable" by a normal person. another thing is you buy the software without the opportunity to read the complete ToS, blatantly unfair under the UK Sales of Goods Act 1994 for example. i cant remember the sequence but do you get to see the tos while installing or after you have created an account/paid a sub?

basically in the uk SE could be hit for at minimum full refund of game costs/subscription either enforceable by small claims or trading standards. i havent even touched EU law which tends to be even more obscure and biaise to consumers
____________________________
99 NIN/DNC/WAR/MNK/SAM/BST/WHM/RDM
70 BLM/RNG
1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)