Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Apps 'n GadgetsFollow

#52 Oct 22 2010 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I need localization help. After going through all of the referring URLs that are downloading my gadget, I really need translations to German, Russian, Chinese, and French. Osarion is handling the French translation for me, is there anyone out there that wants to take a stab at one of the others (or any other I haven't mentioned)? These are the phrases that I need translated, if you PM the translations to me I'll slap your name in a thank you box on the settings page of the gadget Smiley: grin

Eorzea Clock
Eorzea Time
Leve Reset
Countdown
Moon Phase
Moon Element
Hour Element
Moon Polarity
Lobby Server
Login Server
Update Server
No Game Server Selected
Moon Phase
New Moon
Waxing Crescent
First Quarter
Full Moon
Waxing Gibbous
Waning Gibbous
Last Quarter
Waning Crescent
Day Element
Hour Element
Ice
Water
Wind
Lightning
Fire
Earth
Moon Polarity
Astral
Umbral
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
Displays information about the world of Eorzea, in Final Fantasy XIV.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#53 Oct 22 2010 at 9:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
34 posts
Here's a gadget request. Could you make a gadget that extracts rank information from the game, ie... Current job ranks, sp needed for rank increase and what not. I am always forgetting what level I am when crafting, would really like to know how far I have to go to increase without having to close the craft window, open the menu window, look at the sp and then resume crafting. It would have been nice if they would have implemented a bar to begin with but that belongs in another tread I am sure. I am not sure if this is possible, but I would think it is since you can get the information on your job levels for signatures and use the lodestone login thing to check. I just think a gadget that updates every say 5 to 10 minutes would be nice.
#54 Oct 23 2010 at 6:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Kithorain wrote:
Here's a gadget request. Could you make a gadget that extracts rank information from the game, ie... Current job ranks, sp needed for rank increase and what not. I am always forgetting what level I am when crafting, would really like to know how far I have to go to increase without having to close the craft window, open the menu window, look at the sp and then resume crafting. It would have been nice if they would have implemented a bar to begin with but that belongs in another tread I am sure. I am not sure if this is possible, but I would think it is since you can get the information on your job levels for signatures and use the lodestone login thing to check. I just think a gadget that updates every say 5 to 10 minutes would be nice.


I don't think so. I have plans to allow you to "link" the gadget to your profile on The Lodestone, but what you are asking would require interrogating the memory the game is using and we don't even know if that information is stored locally. I'm also pretty sure Square Enix would frown upon that. I've submitted a question to the developers asking them if they are going to open anything up to third parties, that would probably be the only way this would happen.

If what the Lodestone has is accurate enough for you, then you can look forward to being able to see that in a future update.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#55 Oct 23 2010 at 8:42 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Thank you Wint for this wonderful new version.
____________________________
fantasÿ døgma™ - Close the world, open the nExt
www.fantasydogma.com
#56 Oct 24 2010 at 5:55 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Any Flash version in future for sites?
will be awesome
____________________________
http://ffxiv.ru
#57 Oct 24 2010 at 7:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Not any time soon.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#58 Oct 24 2010 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
I'll be happy to translate it to dutch. :)

I really like your gadget and it's design, nice plane and simple.

I too recently created a gadget, mine just retrieves a characters data from the lodestone website.

it can be found here or on my website.

Any comments or suggestions is always appreciated.
#59 Oct 24 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
34 posts
Lodestone is acurrate enough, to a point... I am unsure how often they update though, I keep it open on my other monitor and refresh the tab every 15 to 20 minutes and it sometimes does not change, so I am wondering if it doesn't update till after you log out of the game.
#60 Oct 24 2010 at 8:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Updated with French and Russian translations (thanks Kugata and Osarion)!
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#61 Nov 02 2010 at 6:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Version 1.3.1.1 released. I reworked the hour elemental theory, based upon this post brought to my attention:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/17925-understanding-the-cosmos/page__view__findpost__p__410283

Basically I think he's right, it is worded the way he has interpreted it. Until we get confirmation otherwise, I'm going to go with this idea. It seems kind of useless to have the hour elements change that fast, but it really does seem to indicate that it cycles like that.

There are also minor fixes to some translations, as well as new credits on the settings page.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#62 Nov 03 2010 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
**
577 posts
Thanks for the info, Wint. Luckily I had been working on my latest apps, Pretty Pretty Zombie and another as-yet unnamed project that lets you punch things, and didn't have a chance to put the other one into the Android clock. I'm done with Pretty Pretty Zombie now, so I'll probably be putting an update out for the Android app soon with the new algorithm.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2010 1:22pm by khorbin
____________________________
"So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
Evil, be thou my good."
-John Milton, Paradise Lost

Download Eorzea Clock for your android phone! Available FREE on the Android Market now!
#63 Nov 05 2010 at 8:51 PM Rating: Good
**
482 posts
Wint,

Thanks for the application! I've had it running on my desktop since you released it. I did notice it's an hour off real-time. An hour ahead in my case anyway. Since I have no knowledge of progamming these, does it run with daylight savings time built in? I'm in Japan and the japanese don't use daylight savings. Any ideas? I'm probably off in my thinking, but that was the only idea I could come up with.

Thanks again for your work!
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Pack your own lunch and bring nothing but Pixie Stix and Pop Rocks and get your liberty on.
#64 Nov 05 2010 at 9:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
klausneck wrote:
Wint,

Thanks for the application! I've had it running on my desktop since you released it. I did notice it's an hour off real-time. An hour ahead in my case anyway. Since I have no knowledge of progamming these, does it run with daylight savings time built in? I'm in Japan and the japanese don't use daylight savings. Any ideas? I'm probably off in my thinking, but that was the only idea I could come up with.

Thanks again for your work!


Do you have the most current version (1.3.1.1) ? That one should have fixed the hour off issue.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#65 Nov 06 2010 at 1:16 AM Rating: Good
**
482 posts
Silly me, should have checked that first before I posted.

All is well in the world, thanks Wint!
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Pack your own lunch and bring nothing but Pixie Stix and Pop Rocks and get your liberty on.
#66 Nov 06 2010 at 8:00 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
Just upgraded to the latest one, for some reason I had to download and save it.

Its a rare thing for me but I had to save before I could install it, if i "open/run" when saving it doesnt pop up for me.

Either way, fantastic app :) love it.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#67 Nov 06 2010 at 11:55 AM Rating: Decent
25 posts
I just wanted to post here to say I just downloaded both apps, and as far as the Gadget goes, let me put in one vote for the large "see everything in one place" panel, which is absolutely the mode I want and am running it in. Thanks for making that option available, and here's my vote for always keeping it.
#68 Nov 06 2010 at 7:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
VeranNareese wrote:
I just wanted to post here to say I just downloaded both apps, and as far as the Gadget goes, let me put in one vote for the large "see everything in one place" panel, which is absolutely the mode I want and am running it in. Thanks for making that option available, and here's my vote for always keeping it.


No worries, that mode is here to stay.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#69 Nov 08 2010 at 2:19 PM Rating: Decent
25 posts
After a few days looking at both apps one thing that I've noticed is that the sideshow gadget apparently does not report the correct time (and thus the other calculated values, like moon phase are wrong as well). The G15 app has the correct time. For example, at the moment, 1510 EST 11/8, the in-game clock on the Besaid server says 5/20 13:42, the G15 app matches that (while also showing the year as 006), but the sideshow gadget shows 5/22/6 6:50. I thought that maybe it might be a glitch as a result of the sideshow gadget having been running through the DST change on Sunday morning, so I restarted it, but same output. Donno what's up, but thought you might like to have a look at that.
____________________________


#70 Nov 08 2010 at 3:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
VeranNareese wrote:
After a few days looking at both apps one thing that I've noticed is that the sideshow gadget apparently does not report the correct time (and thus the other calculated values, like moon phase are wrong as well). The G15 app has the correct time. For example, at the moment, 1510 EST 11/8, the in-game clock on the Besaid server says 5/20 13:42, the G15 app matches that (while also showing the year as 006), but the sideshow gadget shows 5/22/6 6:50. I thought that maybe it might be a glitch as a result of the sideshow gadget having been running through the DST change on Sunday morning, so I restarted it, but same output. Donno what's up, but thought you might like to have a look at that.


Which version are you running? I released a new version (1.3.1.1) not too long ago that corrected that issue.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#71 Nov 08 2010 at 3:45 PM Rating: Decent
25 posts
settings screen says 1.3.1.1. Just downloaded it the other day right before I made my first post in this thread.

Edited, Nov 8th 2010 4:46pm by VeranNareese
____________________________


#72 Nov 08 2010 at 3:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
What time zone are you in? Come to think of it, DST ended, I need to see if the gadget is still working properly.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#73 Nov 08 2010 at 4:01 PM Rating: Decent
25 posts
VeranNareese wrote:
For example, at the moment, 1510 EST 11/8,

:)
____________________________


#74 Nov 08 2010 at 4:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Yeah there is still something wrong with it. I will get that corrected and post when the update is live.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#75 Nov 09 2010 at 10:02 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
Surprised this isnt a stickie?
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#76 Nov 09 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Nah, there are wiki articles for both apps already, if you search the site (box at top right under the Zam Network) for Gadget or LCD App you can find them. The discussion pages there are for requesting new features, etc Smiley: smile
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#77 Nov 10 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
25 posts
Hmmm. I just noticed that the "CURRENT IN-GAME TIME:" thing at the top of every page here on the website suffers from the same problem. Same code, I guess.
____________________________


#78 Nov 10 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I'm hoping to have a fix in place on the gadget later today or tomorrow for sure.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#79 Nov 11 2010 at 5:46 AM Rating: Good
**
577 posts
Can those of you using Eorzea Clock for Android confirm whether or not it made the DST switch correctly? I haven't really been playing FFXIV (don't worry, I'm still planning to keep updating the clock!) so I can't really check it right now. I haven't got any emails or comments about it, so I'm assuming it worked. I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Edited, Nov 11th 2010 6:48am by khorbin
____________________________
"So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
Evil, be thou my good."
-John Milton, Paradise Lost

Download Eorzea Clock for your android phone! Available FREE on the Android Market now!
#80 Nov 11 2010 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
*looks innocently at Wint with big soulful eyes* Wint you wouldn't happen to be considering support for other phone models, would you? I don't have an Android or iPhone but would love an app similar to this for my phone. I've got a Sony Ericsson G705 and it supports using some apps as wallpaper. Essentially the W715 and W705 have the same specs and features so any programs made on either of those models should work on mine as well (Especially since I'm using a modded phone with the W715's firmware.) in the long run.

I know support for other phones really isn't a priority for ya or anything and seeing as it probably takes a good chunk of time I wouldn't expect anything fancy, maybe just Eorzean time and timer for leve resets. If it's not something you can/are willing to do then that's okay. I'm still loving the Sidebar app and may be looking into an iPhone next year anyway if I can find a decent enough one for repairs on eBay.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#81 Nov 11 2010 at 7:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Smiley: laugh

I don't know if I'll have time, but I'll see what I can do.

Can anyone confirm that leves still reset at the same time (locally)? If someone can watch this evening and see if the ZAM leve counter is still accurate that would be great.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#82 Nov 11 2010 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
Wint wrote:
Smiley: laugh

I don't know if I'll have time, but I'll see what I can do.

Can anyone confirm that leves still reset at the same time (locally)? If someone can watch this evening and see if the ZAM leve counter is still accurate that would be great.


That's okay! Anything is appreciated, also I believe it's working correctly. The countdown syncs up with the Sidebar Gadget just fine and I recall times I've come home and looked at it the one on ZAM's site appeared to be correct.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#83 Nov 11 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Sir SamusKnight wrote:
Wint wrote:
Smiley: laugh

I don't know if I'll have time, but I'll see what I can do.

Can anyone confirm that leves still reset at the same time (locally)? If someone can watch this evening and see if the ZAM leve counter is still accurate that would be great.


That's okay! Anything is appreciated, also I believe it's working correctly. The countdown syncs up with the Sidebar Gadget just fine and I recall times I've come home and looked at it the one on ZAM's site appeared to be correct.


I know that my in game time is off. I have a fix ready for that, and I applied a similar fix for the leve reset, but instead of being on the 7's it's on the 6's now, which I think is correct but I need verification.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#84 Nov 11 2010 at 1:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
72 posts
With CDST in effect it was on the 7's, but with Central Standard Time it should be on the 6's but it appears to be on the 5's with old Gadget.
#85 Nov 11 2010 at 2:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Ok, then my fix is almost ready to go. Should have something tonight hopefully.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#86 Nov 11 2010 at 3:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Version 1.3.1.2 is out. This resolves the DST issue. I checked it with the Japan timezone and I think it's still working there, if a user from Japan could check for me that would be great (or anywhere that DST isn't used).
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#87 Nov 11 2010 at 5:36 PM Rating: Decent
There is also a FFXIV recipe Windows gadget out now. Pretty sure it said they were in the process of making an iphone app too.


Final Gizmo

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=e68893ec-1de0-4fa2-97d4-0c28ee695c4a&bt=1&pl=1
____________________________




#88 Nov 11 2010 at 7:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Sorry, last post on this for a while (hopefully).

Released version 1.3.1.3 which took care of a bug with the countdown hours as well as how the minutes are displayed on Eorzea Time.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#89 Nov 22 2010 at 6:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
237 posts
First of all, Wint, thanks so much for the awesome gadget. I know this isn't the proper forum to ask this question, but I'm having trouble finding crafting theory, as it relates to moon phase and polarity, etc. So hoping someone can steer me to the proper place. Also, how long is a game day in RL hours.

Regards.
____________________________




#90 Nov 22 2010 at 7:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Nobody is really sure of the crafting theory yet, the game is rather new you know Smiley: smile

Each game day is 70 minutes.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#91 Nov 22 2010 at 9:09 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
237 posts
Perhaps it's my noobness, which I am, incidently capped in lol.

The 70 minutes, I'm not quite following. When I look at the gadget, right now, it tells me day element ice. It's been like that now for a long time. However, which I click on the ice element next to that, it says moon element. So I guess I'm confused. ATM I'm trying to figure out when its going to move off from ice, if that makes sense, and how long is each moon element up for in RL hours. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, does anyone know the element cycle, like what comes after ice, etc. Thanks.

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 10:18am by tsumarione
____________________________




#92 Nov 22 2010 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
tsumarione wrote:
Perhaps it's my noobness, which I am, incidently capped in lol.
The 70 minutes, I'm not quite following. When I look at the gadget, right now, it tells me day element ice. It's been like that now for a long time. However, which I click on the ice element next to that, it says moon element. So I guess I'm confused. ATM I'm trying to figure out when its going to move off from ice, if that makes sense, and how long is each moon element up for in RL hours. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, does anyone know the element cycle, like what comes after ice, etc. Thanks.

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 10:18am by tsumarione


70 real life minutes for one game day. I thought that is what you were asking. If you're talking about game minutes, see this:

http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/The_Five_Ages-An_Eorzean_Chronology

Which incidentally also answers your elemental question I think:

Quote:
By the unit of a sole Sun we mean that period which lasts for the duration of four cycles of the six elemental hours - those of Ice, Water, Wind, Lightning, Fire, and Earth.


More elemental info:

http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/Essences_%26_Permutations-A_Treatise_of_the_Six_Elements

The day element I originally had labeled "Moon Element", but I thought that was confusing. I must have forgotten to change the alt text. Now that I think about it, day element is kinda confusing too. It's actually based upon the month of the game. It rotates same as the list above, so months 1 and 2 are Ice, 3 and 4 are Water, etc. I'll think about relabeling that on my next release, although I'm still not quite sure what I want to put there. I originally had "Moon" because that's what the game calls "Months". You can see why it's so convoluted Smiley: smile

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 10:31am by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#93 Nov 23 2010 at 2:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
237 posts
Thanks for the reads, and the clarification. The only part that's really confusing is how they went from 6 elements to 8, then x 4 = 32. lol

I would, however, have to say that where your app is labeled day element, it's really moon, which corresponds to the element of the astral and umbral moon phase.

Thanks again, and regards.
____________________________




1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)