Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Is it a bad thing that zones have so much empty space?Follow

#1 Oct 12 2010 at 9:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Obviously at this point it seems there could be a lot more filling the zones we travel through in FFXIV, and what there is in them could use some more content. However is it necessarily a bad thing that there is so much empty space? When I think about future content that could be added in the various zones I think not. Also even without more added once there are mounts and airships and whatnot placed in the game maybe it will all start to seem much smaller, who knows? I also think it's a good thing because you can wander out farther from the shmobs of people next to the camps and find good grinding spots if you look for them.

Just some thoughts, maybe SE already has plans for some implementations in zones.

#2 Oct 12 2010 at 9:46 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
I dont think they have plans, they just released the game unfinished asap to get money and hope they can get enough fixed to keep people playing.
#3 Oct 12 2010 at 9:50 PM Rating: Excellent
**
429 posts
If I remember correctly, FFXI zones were pretty barren in terms of mobs and NMs at the start of the game.

But I had hoped SE learned from that mistake.
#4 Oct 12 2010 at 9:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
771 posts
I did always like the feel of the zones in XI, though. I think XIV has a good feel too, but I understand what people are talking about when they say zones feel empty.
#5 Oct 12 2010 at 10:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
107 posts
The zones in this game are vast, boring, and sparsely populated with a handful of mobs and what I could only hope are a number of small placeholder towns.

How they could manage to accomplish so little in the 4+ years this game has been in development boggles the mind.
#6 Oct 12 2010 at 10:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
199 posts
It doesnt bother me that the zones are big or empty. I just wish there was more variation inn them or extra smaller zones to go into. Like the Cass-something Caves near limsa are cool, and the mines near uldah. But there needs to be more. I feel 99% of my time is either in one of the 3 cities or their starting zones. Even walking to another city doesn't offer variation.
____________________________
PS3 - Lil_Mermaid_Girl
#7 Oct 12 2010 at 11:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
PinkMermaid wrote:
It doesnt bother me that the zones are big or empty. I just wish there was more variation inn them or extra smaller zones to go into. Like the Cass-something Caves near limsa are cool, and the mines near uldah. But there needs to be more. I feel 99% of my time is either in one of the 3 cities or their starting zones. Even walking to another city doesn't offer variation.


If you want variation go up and tag a Peiste and see how far you make it before he tags you back =D
#8 Oct 13 2010 at 12:03 AM Rating: Decent
*
82 posts
Wolfums wrote:
If I remember correctly, FFXI zones were pretty barren in terms of mobs and NMs at the start of the game.

But I had hoped SE learned from that mistake.


They still are.. with some exceptional zones. Such is why out of all the many zones in XI we only grind in specific corners of the map (also partially due to powerful mob TP attacks).
#9 Oct 13 2010 at 12:37 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
199 posts
Tanstalas1 wrote:
PinkMermaid wrote:
It doesnt bother me that the zones are big or empty. I just wish there was more variation inn them or extra smaller zones to go into. Like the Cass-something Caves near limsa are cool, and the mines near uldah. But there needs to be more. I feel 99% of my time is either in one of the 3 cities or their starting zones. Even walking to another city doesn't offer variation.


If you want variation go up and tag a Peiste and see how far you make it before he tags you back =D


Never said I wanted variation in mobs, but in variation of locations.
____________________________
PS3 - Lil_Mermaid_Girl
#10 Oct 13 2010 at 2:38 AM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
I like the fact that zones are big or that they feel big. The thing thats sort of bothering me is lack of enemies. And when you come across enemies they tend to all be the same kind of enemy. Again, FFXI came to us a year after release so I have no idea how it was for the Japanese. But when we did get it there were alot more things to kill than just bunnies in the forest of San D'Oria.

Unrelated to the topic...I miss being able to check an enemies strength. The color code system isn't good enough as some of the mobs that should be easy simply arent.
____________________________
Wryn~ former PLD - (Honor and Respect)
#11 Oct 13 2010 at 3:22 AM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
All those sewer grates and all those campfires around the wilderness must be there for a reason. I think beastmen are that reason. I'm thinking once they get the beastmen tribes in we'll see a lot fewer empty areas.

But your guess is as good as mine on when they'll get around to adding them.

It is quite apparent that they are viewing the PS3 launch as the "real" launch.
#12 Oct 13 2010 at 3:50 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
SE did admit early on that FFXIV would not have content.

And although people say "Wish they released it next year" I personally am happy to play it now.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)