Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

EXP exploit -Fixed by se in patch-Follow

#1 Oct 14 2010 at 4:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
494 posts

--EDIT 2: PROOF FROM SE + THE FIX--
Also More proof from todays update:

"- The party bonus system (which awards bonus skill points for battles fought in a party) has been changed so that the bonus is awarded based on the number of fellow party members in the same area who are within the appropriate skill rank range, not simply the total number of party members.

* The party bonus system awards more points when there are more party members within the appropriate skill rank range.
* In this case, "appropriate skill rank range" means a skill rank no more than five ranks lower or higher than your own"

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=dbb5a630f338f84b0b3583928bd4c19715154f30

So clearly SE fixed this issue. YAY for SE. Everyone who said this didn't work or wasn't an issue... stop being a noob? lol.
Obviously RMT are no longer a problem since they would have to be in range and that makes things a lot more difficult.
--

--
EDIT: I'm bored of people telling me/posting this doesn't work and defaulting me.
it does and here is proof. http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/25675-faster-skill-up-past-rank-25/
I asked a few simple questions on here based on a fact, and it turned into a flame war.
To everyone who denounces something that takes 5 minutes to test and that has been determined to work by a bunch of people, please grow up.
I feel horrible that I actually have to link to ffxivcore in order to prove something because no one on here can invite one person and test it themselves.
--



The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.

Edited, Oct 15th 2010 4:54am by Azurymber

Edited, Oct 15th 2010 4:56am by Azurymber

Edited, Oct 15th 2010 5:01am by Azurymber
#2 Oct 14 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Default
**
603 posts
As far as my knowledge goes you do not get skills ups. It might just seem that way because after an enemy is killed you get the points at the end of the battle. If you were hanging back and doing buffs then you would get skill ups at the end of the battle.

If someone just stayed at the crystal and did nothing, I don't believe they get anything except the gil reward at the end.
#3 Oct 14 2010 at 4:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
107 posts
Is this a banable exploit?

Seems like a good way to exp, the others don't have to afk... what if you just pt'd with people and everyone ran off to do their own thing?
#4 Oct 14 2010 at 4:51 PM Rating: Default
Only an XI expat would be so uptight over anything and everything RMT that they would come to this conclusion with such fervor that they need to play town crier and make a big deal out of it.
#5 Oct 14 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
no thats the point.

Lets say you join a party with me and 3 friends. You're sp per kill will be automatically boosted on -all- mobs. So instead of 30 sp a hit on a blue mob you will get 120.

Now if me and my friends go afk or don't fight. You can solo. Which means that you can run around killing blue mobs and get 3 or 4 times the exp you are supposed to get from them. Since SP isnt split across the party, you get all the sp that you get from solo'ing. So you just boosted your solo exp by 4 or 5 times, meaning if it takes 10 hours per level, it now only takes 2 hours.

So RMT's can sell a service where they sit around and do nothing to boost your solo exp gain.
If you make even $5 an hour, you can save 4 hours for a level by paying $7 to RMT, so many people will do it.
#6 Oct 14 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
uhh i'm not playing town crier, im pointing out a serious serious exploit that changes the entire game.

You cant team up and kill different things, when your in a party you can only be fighting one mob at a time, if you switch mobs you wont get exp or sp from it. so its either kill as a party or kill solo while the rest of the party touches nothing, or take turns. But killing as a party makes a lot more sense than taking turns lol.
#7 Oct 14 2010 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
*
155 posts
Azurymber wrote:


Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.


Er... why would you pay someone to 'powerlevel you' when you're the one doing the actual work? (And could just party with a bunch of random people for nothing.)
The smarter thing to do would be for them to group up and play to level your character, however, shortly after the 'powerleveling' gets into full swing you will get hit with everyone's favourite 'bonus exp'.
____________________________
In this life you are nothing without someone else to think so.

#8 Oct 14 2010 at 4:59 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
I hate to point this out, but shouldn't the dreaded Surplus system prevent this from being exploited?
#9 Oct 14 2010 at 5:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
494 posts
surplus doesn't work on how much sp you get, it works on how long you are in battle for. I believe 16ish hours of being in actual combat = surplus kicks in. Thats why some people hit surplus and lvl 20 and 23 when soling while others got to 30 without surplus by partying/exploiting. Also why the ppl who exploited at the release got rank 50.

and because soloing on blue mobs with 300% sp bonus is a lot faster than partying. Theres obvious demand for RMT powerlevelers or they woulden't advertise the service. This creates a way for them to powerlevel without even being at the computer, meaning they can handle 40 accounts at once. meaning increased profits. And increased profits means an incentive to advertise the service and convince people to purchase it.

I mean yeah, if you have friend you can have them go afk and double your sp gain as well i guess :p. I woulden't do it though, rather not get banned.


edit: but i think SE intended it to be this way, so it may not be an exploit and if its not fixed shortly i think its safe to say its legit.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:06pm by Azurymber
#10 Oct 14 2010 at 5:13 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
Whats more exploitable is the Leve rewards...

Imagine a party of 15 RMT, each doing their 8 leves (let say rank 10) for 6k each

that is 15x6x8 = 720,000 every 36 hours

And it is technically legal
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#11 Oct 14 2010 at 5:14 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,120 posts
Something sounds wrong here. I partied last night and didn't see a huge increase in my SP per hit or per fight. It was often less than what I would've got solo, but I was able to kill mobs quicker and gain more per hour. While waiting for pops we'd kill some weaker mobs in between...nothing special about that experience either. None of what you're worried about makes any sense to me...

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:15pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#12 Oct 14 2010 at 5:15 PM Rating: Good
*
237 posts
Azurymber wrote:
surplus doesn't work on how much sp you get, it works on how long you are in battle for. I believe 16ish hours of being in actual combat = surplus kicks in.


mmmm... I'm pretty sure surplus is a capped number of experience gained. NOT TIME PLAYED!

didn't you watch that video that was posted all over the XIV community?

The time was only an example on how long it should take a "normal" player to gain that amount of EXP. It might take someone 10 hours it might take another person 48 hours. and keep in mind fatigue decays overtime when skilling up a different weapon.



Edited, Oct 14th 2010 4:20pm by SevenLittleChipmunks
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#13 Oct 14 2010 at 5:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
494 posts
go try it. solo stuff for 10 min, then have a friend team up with you, solo the same stuff. you will be getting double exp.
If you were getting less you prob started fighting higher level stuff, and initial sp amount seems to be determined by mob type, how much damage you do, and luck based on how often you hit. If you go to fight crabs in a party you wont get much sp per hit, but if you fight hippocerfs you will be getting 60+ per hit (as opposed to 30 when you solo them).

I can normally get about 80 sp per kill on hippocerfs. If i team up with someone and i solo one i get about 300sp on average. Thats a pretty huge difference.
#14 Oct 14 2010 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
Azurymber wrote:
surplus doesn't work on how much sp you get, it works on how long you are in battle for.


Are you certain about this? I was under the impression that it was a set number of skill points gained on a particular class, resetting once every 7 days.

----------------------

I have not been in a party with more than 2 other people since launch. Far be it from me to intentionally set up a situation where I have some random afk people in a party with me just so I can get more SP, but it does seem to offer a much greater incentive for party play. My conjurer is only 15, but I'll be (Looking for members.) to test this out.



Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:21pm by mattkujata
____________________________

I started this character at the CE launch, and played for about 2 months. Haven't touched it since.
#15 Oct 14 2010 at 5:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
494 posts
the video is wrong,
SP surplus is HOURS -in- Battle. Not in a party, not outside, but hours with weapon drawn or with a mob engaged. not totally sure. Im pretty sure people are 100% about this since people hit surplus cap at different levels. Ex. I hit first surplus at 17, my friend hit it at 19, my other friend at 15. This was all in the first week of the game (we were kinda competing).

EXP surplus is capped at a certain amount of exp. Not that it matters because im lvl 35 and its only been 3 weeks, and i've only hit exp surplus once. So i don't really see what it deters. (maybe crafters)

edit: also week 2 and 3 i hit surplus at a completely different level than other people who partied did. I know someone was rank 30something on the third week without surplus, and i was rank 27.

But again, the first exploit that let people get to rank 50 is proof that surplus isnt a set sp but rather a set time.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:24pm by Azurymber
#16 Oct 14 2010 at 5:23 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Azurymber wrote:
go try it. solo stuff for 10 min, then have a friend team up with you, solo the same stuff. you will be getting double exp.
If you were getting less you prob started fighting higher level stuff, and initial sp amount seems to be determined by mob type, how much damage you do, and luck based on how often you hit. If you go to fight crabs in a party you wont get much sp per hit, but if you fight hippocerfs you will be getting 60+ per hit (as opposed to 30 when you solo them).

I can normally get about 80 sp per kill on hippocerfs. If i team up with someone and i solo one i get about 300sp on average. Thats a pretty huge difference.


How did you know we were fighting crabs!?!? Stalker!!

Hmm...I never notice anything that drastic between soloing vs. partying. You think some of that can be explained as part of the crazy random SP numbers we already get? I know sometimes in parties I still get that strange 0 SP from what would've been a red mob to me solo. There's definitely certain mobs that seem to give better SP than others, that's for sure.

As for surplus, the video still seems right. Most people who hit surplus physical experience the 1st week got it right around level23. All playing for different total amounts of time I'm sure.
Class surplus is harder to judge because they did say that switching classes and time spent not playing helps calm down your hidden "surplus meter" or whatever lol. That can explain the examples of people hitting class surplus at different ranks.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:28pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#17 Oct 14 2010 at 5:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
go try it. solo stuff for 10 min, then have a friend team up with you, solo the same stuff. you will be getting double exp.
If you were getting less you prob started fighting higher level stuff, and initial sp amount seems to be determined by mob type, how much damage you do, and luck based on how often you hit. If you go to fight crabs in a party you wont get much sp per hit, but if you fight hippocerfs you will be getting 60+ per hit (as opposed to 30 when you solo them).

I can normally get about 80 sp per kill on hippocerfs. If i team up with someone and i solo one i get about 300sp on average. Thats a pretty huge difference.


How did you know we were fighting crabs!?!? Stalker!!

Hmm...I never notice anything that drastic between soloing vs. partying. You think some of that can be explained as part of the crazy random SP numbers we already get? I know sometimes in parties I still get that strange 0 SP from what would've been a red mob to me solo. There's definitely certain mobs that seem to give better SP than others, that's for sure.


no its not random. 100% sure you get an exp boost for each member of your party. Im guessing its on a curve thingy, so like 1 person might be a 50% boost, 2 ppl 150%, 3 ppl 200%, 4 ppl 230% 5 people 250% etc. So it jumps high and then starts to diminish. Just go test it, fight one type of mob, team up, fight that mob again, huge exp boost.

NOTE: this is all rank 20+ when its nearly impossible to solo over 100 sp per fight. Thats how i know its not random. Soloing for hours and never getting over 100, then getting a partner and getting 300+ per kill is a massive and obvious difference.

edit: i guessed crabs because they are horrible to party on. I find it funny people actually team up to fight them. Im guessing in 2 months NO party will touch them lol. they give horrible SP compared to a lot of other things you can party on.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:27pm by Azurymber
#18 Oct 14 2010 at 5:35 PM Rating: Default
38 posts
Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.


Ummm i must be the first person rank 25+ to comment on this to point out how absolutely stupid your post is.

You do NOT gain sp with the current party system if you do not hit the mob or execute some sort of action (cure,buffs,debuffs, etc.) within the battle.

I was partying with 4 ls mates last night one of them was afk we killed about 10 mobs he came back and had gained about 2k exp and 0 skillpoints while the rest of us had gaineda bout 4k exp and 1.5k sp.

And whoever posted earlier about 15 rmt's doin 8 guildleves together for 720k is also retarded or hasn't played the game.

If 15 people team up to do a guildleve and lets say they grab some in limsa lominsa together. Everyone participating in the leve that has that leve in their journal gets it consumed. So if 10 of the 15 members have the leve "Save the lettuce, save the world", when that leve is initiated by any of them all 10 of them lose the leve.

And furthermore each member does not get 7k gil, if you do not have that particular leve but ur in a party and someone uses it, you do not get the reward. You only get a small small percentage usually around 500gil-1k for helping them complete their leve.

What is wrong with you people? Why do you get on forums of a website and bash a game which you have

A) Have never played the game

B) Obviously not played extensively to support your claims, and are ignorant

So which is it?
#19 Oct 14 2010 at 5:37 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
Azurymber wrote:
surplus doesn't work on how much sp you get, it works on how long you are in battle for. I believe 16ish hours of being in actual combat = surplus kicks in. Thats why some people hit surplus and lvl 20 and 23 when soling while others got to 30 without surplus by partying/exploiting. Also why the ppl who exploited at the release got rank 50.

and because soloing on blue mobs with 300% sp bonus is a lot faster than partying. Theres obvious demand for RMT powerlevelers or they woulden't advertise the service. This creates a way for them to powerlevel without even being at the computer, meaning they can handle 40 accounts at once. meaning increased profits. And increased profits means an incentive to advertise the service and convince people to purchase it.

I mean yeah, if you have friend you can have them go afk and double your sp gain as well i guess :p. I woulden't do it though, rather not get banned.


edit: but i think SE intended it to be this way, so it may not be an exploit and if its not fixed shortly i think its safe to say its legit.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:06pm by Azurymber


Surplus works off EXP gained over a period of time. Weapon drawn or not drawn. You get it at different points based on how much time has actually passed in the surplus week vs how much exp you get in what portion of that time. For example: I roll archer to 16 in 2 days I get surplus. I can turn around and get level 16 in 4 days no surplus.
#20 Oct 14 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
494 posts
Johnsmith129 wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.


Ummm i must be the first person rank 25+ to comment on this to point out how absolutely stupid your post is.

You do NOT gain sp with the current party system if you do not hit the mob or execute some sort of action (cure,buffs,debuffs, etc.) within the battle.

I was partying with 4 ls mates last night one of them was afk we killed about 10 mobs he came back and had gained about 2k exp and 0 skillpoints while the rest of us had gaineda bout 4k exp and 1.5k sp.

And whoever posted earlier about 15 rmt's doin 8 guildleves together for 720k is also retarded or hasn't played the game.

If 15 people team up to do a guildleve and lets say they grab some in limsa lominsa together. Everyone participating in the leve that has that leve in their journal gets it consumed. So if 10 of the 15 members have the leve "Save the lettuce, save the world", when that leve is initiated by any of them all 10 of them lose the leve.

And furthermore each member does not get 7k gil, if you do not have that particular leve but ur in a party and someone uses it, you do not get the reward. You only get a small small percentage usually around 500gil-1k for helping them complete their leve.

What is wrong with you people? Why do you get on forums of a website and bash a game which you have

A) Have never played the game

B) Obviously not played extensively to support your claims, and are ignorant

So which is it?


Apparently you can't read.....

FIVE PEOPLE!
FOUR GO AFK

ONE PERSON EXP'S SOLO, AND GETS 300% EXP BOOST
OTHER FOUR PEOPLE GET -NOTHING-

How hard is that to understand? The point is you can use other people who are afk as an exp-boost. Instead of soloing for 50sp per kill you get 300sp per kill.

Meaning that RMTs can charge you to sit there and do nothing. All they have to do is go to a camp you want and sit there for however many hours you pay them in your party. As a result you get an exp boost. Which cuts the 10 hour grind to a 2 or 3 hours grind.
#21 Oct 14 2010 at 5:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
494 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
surplus doesn't work on how much sp you get, it works on how long you are in battle for. I believe 16ish hours of being in actual combat = surplus kicks in. Thats why some people hit surplus and lvl 20 and 23 when soling while others got to 30 without surplus by partying/exploiting. Also why the ppl who exploited at the release got rank 50.

and because soloing on blue mobs with 300% sp bonus is a lot faster than partying. Theres obvious demand for RMT powerlevelers or they woulden't advertise the service. This creates a way for them to powerlevel without even being at the computer, meaning they can handle 40 accounts at once. meaning increased profits. And increased profits means an incentive to advertise the service and convince people to purchase it.

I mean yeah, if you have friend you can have them go afk and double your sp gain as well i guess :p. I woulden't do it though, rather not get banned.


edit: but i think SE intended it to be this way, so it may not be an exploit and if its not fixed shortly i think its safe to say its legit.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:06pm by Azurymber


Surplus works off EXP gained over a period of time. Weapon drawn or not drawn. You get it at different points based on how much time has actually passed in the surplus week vs how much exp you get in what portion of that time. For example: I roll archer to 16 in 2 days I get surplus. I can turn around and get level 16 in 4 days no surplus.


if this is true how did so many ppl get 40+ just by spam curing in one day?
#22 Oct 14 2010 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,120 posts
Quote:
if this is true how did so many ppl get 40+ just by spam curing in one day?


I wondered about that too. Somehow the exploit during leves also didn't count towards surplus allowing them to do that? -shrugs- Just thinking out loud there...

Though I do remember a thread on here about someone being rank50 in the first couple days...then found out it was b.s. They kept talking about some guy exploiting and his lodestone profile showed his highest at THM28. So some of those rumors were exactly that, b.s. rumors.

Haven't ran the numbers or anything, so I don't know how far you can progress after 1st hitting surplus. I've gained levels while under surplus, but never pushed it to the point of that 0 exp wall. Maybe rank28 was possible pushing through surplus...rank40 sounds like b.s. or surplus is(or was) broken.




Edited, Oct 14th 2010 8:00pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#23 Oct 14 2010 at 6:05 PM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
If this does work then I don't see how its an exploit. This kinda reminds me of summoner burns in XI. I don't see anyone getting banned for this. If you have four friends that are willing to sit AFK in the same zone as you while you run around stabbing stuff then have at it.

I foresee people inviting friends that are in the same area that aren't doing anything to gain this boost. I also see dual boxers using this too. Need an EXP boost? Log your wife's or friends character while they aren't using it.
#24 Oct 14 2010 at 6:16 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
You know, if everyone (not saying in this thread) ******* enough about anything that they find that gives any sort of advantage the game will become even worse than it already is.

There's bonus' in most games for being in a party. Simple fix is make it so if your not within 50 feet of the mob you get jack all. I can promise there will be people that complain about this as well.

SE already bans for the most stupid **** you can think of. When we come in here and complain about what we don't like calling it a exploit, just give's them more of a reason to ban again, causing all the crack addicts to buy another copy.

Only reason I'm still playing is because I don't want to be behind friends, but truthfully this game is not retail ready and won't be for some time.

Every day I expect to login and find I'm banned because SE say's we can't do something.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#25 Oct 14 2010 at 6:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
This does work, but I doubt it's really an exploit because it requires people to be within certain range for the bonus SP to kick in. If people are within the range, they share your gain of EXP (which aint important really) and your loot (which is much more important). So I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to hire "power leveling" when at the end almost all the potential loot gone to the RMT.
____________________________




#26 Oct 14 2010 at 6:35 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
Azurymber wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
surplus doesn't work on how much sp you get, it works on how long you are in battle for. I believe 16ish hours of being in actual combat = surplus kicks in. Thats why some people hit surplus and lvl 20 and 23 when soling while others got to 30 without surplus by partying/exploiting. Also why the ppl who exploited at the release got rank 50.

and because soloing on blue mobs with 300% sp bonus is a lot faster than partying. Theres obvious demand for RMT powerlevelers or they woulden't advertise the service. This creates a way for them to powerlevel without even being at the computer, meaning they can handle 40 accounts at once. meaning increased profits. And increased profits means an incentive to advertise the service and convince people to purchase it.

I mean yeah, if you have friend you can have them go afk and double your sp gain as well i guess :p. I woulden't do it though, rather not get banned.


edit: but i think SE intended it to be this way, so it may not be an exploit and if its not fixed shortly i think its safe to say its legit.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 7:06pm by Azurymber


Surplus works off EXP gained over a period of time. Weapon drawn or not drawn. You get it at different points based on how much time has actually passed in the surplus week vs how much exp you get in what portion of that time. For example: I roll archer to 16 in 2 days I get surplus. I can turn around and get level 16 in 4 days no surplus.


if this is true how did so many ppl get 40+ just by spam curing in one day?


Short answer. They didn't. Noone got near 40.
#27 Oct 14 2010 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
The problem with RMT is that people insist on buying money from them. How much problems legit players had to endure in FFXI because of gil buyers? Now you all cry for rewards nerfs and it will happen making GL even worse than now.
#28 Oct 14 2010 at 7:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
26 posts
Quote:
It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting.


Are you sure about this? I have been skilling up solo, duo, trio, party of 5 and I have never seen the phenomenon you spoke about.
#29 Oct 14 2010 at 7:35 PM Rating: Decent
Azurymber wrote:
uhh i'm not playing town crier, im pointing out a serious serious exploit that changes the entire game.

You cant team up and kill different things, when your in a party you can only be fighting one mob at a time, if you switch mobs you wont get exp or sp from it. so its either kill as a party or kill solo while the rest of the party touches nothing, or take turns. But killing as a party makes a lot more sense than taking turns lol.


It's "serious serious" to you. I don't really care what RMT do. I've long since gotten over the trauma of RMT in XI and I'm positioning myself to be self sufficient in XIV, too. XIV is built from the ground up to stymy RMT at every turn. RMT can't monopolize gathering nodes because they don't spawn with 3-5 items that are only up for grabs to the first person to nab them. NMs and the like aren't going to be world spawn...they're going to be levequest spawn, meaning everyone who can pick up a levequest will get a chance to fight them. Gear up to this point is exclusively crafted or provided as rewards for levequests so RMT can't dominate spawns of specific types of mobs to prevent people from getting the gear. Drop rates are properly tuned this time around (compared to XI). In fact, I'd say they might even be over-tuned because I throw away a LOT of stuff that I just can't get back to a vendor in time to sell. RMT can't manipulate that auction house and drive up prices because...well...there isn't an auction house.

So what really do you think the impact of RMT will be on this game? Hmmm...maybe about the same as every other MMO excluding FFXI. So why then, upon "discovering" this potential loophole, would your first response be to link it to its impact on RMT? Makes no sense. Get over it.
#30 Oct 14 2010 at 7:52 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
494 posts
bwuk wrote:
[quote]It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting.


im guessing you're not level 20, if you are then your game is broken. or my game is broken. lol
#31 Oct 14 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Decent
**
588 posts
this sitn true stop trolling man you obviously havnt even played you dont get sp unless you do something to that target which means you ahve to a. be in range and b. do something rofl

Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.

____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#32 Oct 14 2010 at 8:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
uhh i'm not playing town crier, im pointing out a serious serious exploit that changes the entire game.

You cant team up and kill different things, when your in a party you can only be fighting one mob at a time, if you switch mobs you wont get exp or sp from it. so its either kill as a party or kill solo while the rest of the party touches nothing, or take turns. But killing as a party makes a lot more sense than taking turns lol.


It's "serious serious" to you. I don't really care what RMT do. I've long since gotten over the trauma of RMT in XI and I'm positioning myself to be self sufficient in XIV, too. XIV is built from the ground up to stymy RMT at every turn. RMT can't monopolize gathering nodes because they don't spawn with 3-5 items that are only up for grabs to the first person to nab them. NMs and the like aren't going to be world spawn...they're going to be levequest spawn, meaning everyone who can pick up a levequest will get a chance to fight them. Gear up to this point is exclusively crafted or provided as rewards for levequests so RMT can't dominate spawns of specific types of mobs to prevent people from getting the gear. Drop rates are properly tuned this time around (compared to XI). In fact, I'd say they might even be over-tuned because I throw away a LOT of stuff that I just can't get back to a vendor in time to sell. RMT can't manipulate that auction house and drive up prices because...well...there isn't an auction house.

So what really do you think the impact of RMT will be on this game? Hmmm...maybe about the same as every other MMO excluding FFXI. So why then, upon "discovering" this potential loophole, would your first response be to link it to its impact on RMT? Makes no sense. Get over it.


because I run a successful business and notice profitable opportunities, and by bringing it up on this board a ffxi rep might see it and pass along the info to the ppl in japan who might fix it by forcing people to be at a closer distance for the bonus SP. and just because you don't care about rmt doesn't mean other people don't. Even without RMT this means if you team up with a friend who crafts at a camp you double your exp per hour.

I was hoping people would know if this was an exploit or not
exactly how it works
and what the bonus %'s are
etc

instead a bunch of people who haven't tried it immediately claimed it doesn't work even though it obviously does, and typed out paragraphs complaining that I, the poster, have a different opinion than them. If you don't like what i posted don't respond.

Doubling or tripling your exp is a big thing. I dont know if its an exploit or not but its obviously changes the game in some way.
#33 Oct 14 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
You guYs are completely missing OP's point Jesus Christ how many times does he have to say,

4 PEOPLE OUT OF THE 5 IN PARTY GO AFK THEY GET NO EXP/SP FOR THIS AND THAT'S FINE BECAUSE NOW THE ONE GUY LEFT TO SOLO IS GETTING 250% EXP ALL TO HIMSELF WHILE HIS 4 FRIENDS/MULES ARE DOING NOTHING.
#34 Oct 14 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
494 posts
cornyboob wrote:
this sitn true stop trolling man you obviously havnt even played you dont get sp unless you do something to that target which means you ahve to a. be in range and b. do something rofl

Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.



You clearly don't understand this. ONLY THE PERSON FIGHTING GETS THE SP. The point is they get 3times + more sp than if they were solo.
#35 Oct 14 2010 at 8:32 PM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
Azurymber wrote:
cornyboob wrote:
this sitn true stop trolling man you obviously havnt even played you dont get sp unless you do something to that target which means you ahve to a. be in range and b. do something rofl

Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.



You clearly don't understand this. ONLY THE PERSON FIGHTING GETS THE SP. The point is they get 3times + more sp than if they were solo.



Am i the only sane person here? So you get 3 time the amount of experience, that is nice. Does it mean anything? No, because you still have to pay that 2-3 extra character for 16 bucks a month and 3 additional system that can play FFXIV.

I doubt any RMT will sit there and let you triple up your experience for 16 bucks a month + the amortized cost of a FFXIV playable system, the OP is 100% stupid.
#36 Oct 14 2010 at 8:34 PM Rating: Good
6 posts
did a recent patch introduce this?

I haven't played much in the past week or so, but I've never noticed the 'bonus' xp/sp you're talking about while partied..

I'd typically sit in a pt with my buddies regardless of whether we were leveling together or not, usually at least 2 of them sitting in a camp crafting while I'd kill things, mostly just for ease of chat.. never noticed any difference in my sp gain between solo grinding with no pt members and solo grinding with 5 pt members.

also, as far as I know you can't "claim" mobs if the pt leader is too far out of range.. meaning if you tried to exploit this by creating a pt and leveling in 5 different areas within the same zone.. only the pt leader would ever get xp/sp.. the other 4 would get nothing whether or not they were killing things..... unless they were fighting with the pt leader.. which isn't an exploit?

tl;dr - is this new? cause it wasn't like this a week ago.
#37 Oct 14 2010 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
The point is they get 3times + more sp than if they were solo.

Or... as much as they'd get in a party?

Because, I'm pretty that it's not a huge exploit to party up and kill efficiently for more EXP. If this works as described, all it really means is that there's no reason to temporarily boot an afk person while partying.

I'm skeptical that many players will want to pay RMT to stand nearby and do nothing, when you could find other players to do it for free, or (even better) other players to party with regularly.
#38 Oct 14 2010 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
cornyboob wrote:
this sitn true stop trolling man you obviously havnt even played you dont get sp unless you do something to that target which means you ahve to a. be in range and b. do something rofl

Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.



You clearly don't understand this. ONLY THE PERSON FIGHTING GETS THE SP. The point is they get 3times + more sp than if they were solo.



Am i the only sane person here? So you get 3 time the amount of experience, that is nice. Does it mean anything? No, because you still have to pay that 2-3 extra character for 16 bucks a month and 3 additional system that can play FFXIV.

I doubt any RMT will sit there and let you triple up your experience for 16 bucks a month + the amortized cost of a FFXIV playable system, the OP is 100% stupid.


I always wonder why so many people have horrible low paying jobs and i fear this demonstrates one of the reasons.

Lets assume that a character was $30 a month
RMT Buys 3 chars for $90 for november
Charges $5 an hour to give an exp bonus (this is approx what people in other free mmo's will pay for a double exp boost)
If they use all 3 chars to give that boost:
18 hours later they have re-made their profit.
Since RMT have people working 24/7. A 1-month investment is remade every 18 hours. So if they get 18 hours (not even 24 hours) a day, they make 30 times their investment per month. As long as they have demand (and free to play mmo's say they do), they are almost guarenteed to make profit. Its also a lot harder to ban people like this.
Now characters are less than $30 a month, and they can probably charge more than $5 an hour
Meaning this is clearly profitable.
obviously these characters can also be used as porting characters, etc.
Or they can use their gil muels for this.
#39 Oct 14 2010 at 8:53 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.


soo... You're throwing a fit over something you aren't even sure works and then obsessing over it with dreams of RMT. You may need to get some sunshine.
#40 Oct 14 2010 at 9:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.


soo... You're throwing a fit over something you aren't even sure works and then obsessing over it with dreams of RMT. You may need to get some sunshine.


im 100% sure it works....
and im 100% sure its profitable in some way
Just not 100% of the extent of it because im not about to test an exploit. I know lots of people do it though
#41EzellLangor, Posted: Oct 14 2010 at 10:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Dear OP,
#42 Oct 14 2010 at 10:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
EzellLangor wrote:
Dear OP,

Hi. this is a known issue/exploit if you want to call it that. If you are so worried about RMT exploiting the system than yell at people who use RMT. However, don't go @#%^ing RUINING this for everyone else. SHUT THE @#%^ UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Currently the SP system is broken because the people don't even need to be anywhere near you for the SP gain. They only need to be in the same nation. And yes i'm sure within a week, **** even tomorrow this will be fixed where SP bonus is only applied to those PT members who attack the mob or are within a certain distance. Until then, use the system. Have a budy PT up with you and instead of log off, have him go AFK. Jesus christ you are looking a gift horse in the mouth and say "NO NO NO NO!!!!!! Legit players can't use this system cause RMT could!!!!"

TL;DR OP SHUT THE @#%^ UP!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY, you'll ruin it for everyone else!


translation: DONT TELL SE IM EXPLOITING!!! ILL GET BANNEDED
#43 Oct 14 2010 at 10:41 PM Rating: Decent
**
595 posts
I would rate down EzellLangor to oblivion if I could...
This is Excatly the kind of attitute that favorise RMT, gil buying and to be REALLY general, the western world decline.

Can't express my disdain and scorn to you enough Ezell.
#44EzellLangor, Posted: Oct 14 2010 at 11:08 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Oh Noez, i have upset the internets.......look hate me all you want, rate me down I don't care. There is always an hitch in the system. Always, as players when we find it take advantage of it and move on. Seriously, if you so high and mighty about it, than don't do it. You're hands will be clean. But to slam this as a RMT exploit is beyond stupid. People have friends use em. You want to ***** about RMT call a GM on the www(insertMMOhere)com retainers in the wards. Get off your high horse.
#45 Oct 14 2010 at 11:26 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
Azurymber, let me just say that I understand what you are trying to say. I agree with you. Almost everyone in this thread is a moron. They truly do not understand basic mathematics and/or basic accounting. They also fail to realize the simple time/cost ratio that you are requesting inquiry on. On top of that, they seem to lack basic reading comprehension, and in fact accuse you of a behavior that they themselves clearly exhibit.

You say that RMT may "charge per hour," for the services of being boosted by being in a party of AFK people, but I would go a step further and think that perhaps that the RMT themselves would raise a single character using this method and then sell the character by whatever means. I do not and cannot predict the price that such a character would go for, but I can only assume using basic critical thinking skills that it would far exceed the basic subscription fee of five to ten RMT agents for a single month.

On top of that, what if all the characters were not AFK and in fact working in tandem? Not only would they benefit from this experience boost, but also be drowning in basic components that they could sell via their retainers and/or use to craft to generate even more income. I think what the basic idea that people fail to realize is that FFXIV is very much a team game, that rewards and incentivizes a highly organized and highly popularized play style. Some people read this as a good thing and think, "well that's a good thing because my guild is awesome and we're all friends and we help each other to achieve our goals!" That may be true but what people fail to realize is that the people who are RMT, play the game as a job, a job that they are rewarded for.

Not everyone is in such a position to utilize all the benefits a large and unified linkshell brings. RMT are not stupid people. An example: the reason RMTs would camp a NS in FFXI with 20+ under-leveled and under-geared blms is because it was cost effective. Whatever they were obtaining by doing so was well worth their time no matter how stupid and or redundant it may have appeared to the casual player. Like it or not someone was paying them for their services.

In a large linkshell of close friends? Awesome. You're still not as time efficent as RMT. Not everyone will like everyone in their linkshell and not everyone will help one another or share resources. RMTs will and do and they do so with vigor because its their ******* job.




#46 Oct 14 2010 at 11:27 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
Anurid wrote:
I would rate down EzellLangor to oblivion if I could...
This is Excatly the kind of attitute that favorise RMT, gil buying and to be REALLY general, the western world decline.

Can't express my disdain and scorn to you enough Ezell.


The attitude that favors RMT is the ones that go and buy it. The rest is just people playin the game. You're probably one of those who doesn't see that combating the RMT only limits player interaction i.e mail sending currency in the mail AH etc. All these things are what leaves this game lacking. So basically you just performed an amputation to fix a stubbed toe. Good job. Relating some poor ******* tryin to feed his kids on video game money to the western world decline tho? I mean really?

Who doesn't actually use an exploit if it is available in game? That's right! Everyone uses them. Ok, well you have that one guy whose morals are too high to do it... but let's face it. He is on the bottom rung of progression too. I could cite 15 different scenarios where the entire playerbase uses an "exploit" to get ahead.(Warhammer wall glitching cough cough) Who loses? The guy that didn't do it. Plain and simple.

You want to stop gil sellers? Stop buying it. Oh thats right, you can't kill them all legally huh. That's about the only way to truly end the problem tho. Till then, I just hope I don't see any more games crippled to stop some guy from making a few bucks. I don't like RMT... But I like being able to send mail or not having to go out of my way to do everything.
#47 Oct 15 2010 at 12:00 AM Rating: Good
Azurymber wrote:
because I run a successful business and notice profitable opportunities, and by bringing it up on this board a ffxi rep might see it and pass along the info to the ppl in japan who might fix it by forcing people to be at a closer distance for the bonus SP. and just because you don't care about rmt doesn't mean other people don't. Even without RMT this means if you team up with a friend who crafts at a camp you double your exp per hour.


Alright, since you're being defensive let's just get down to cases and rip it apart for you, shall we?

For starters, let's assume this is the kind of dumbass thing RMT would be inclined to try and exploit. They would have two options to present this to their paying customers.

1) You retain control of your account. You place your order with the requisite RMT site and arrange a time with them. Their rag-tag band of miscreants meets up with you at a particular place and invites you to a party and proceeds to either stand around while you go thwack things or farm bits and goodies themselves. Once your paid time with them is up, they boot you from a party.

2) You provide them with control of your account and they perform the service for you just list most other PL services that have been offered in any other MMO.

In situation one, most semi-intelligent people are going to ask themselves, "With SE having already quickly identified and quashed the heal spam skill point exploit, would this not also place me in jeopardy of suspicion, doubly so when SE's logs show this same group of players inviting people to the group to stand around while that one individual methodically slaughters all manner of chumpy mobs for rapid skill gain?" And they'd be right to ask that question, because SE has demonstrated that they have the resources to identify those who have been naughty and those who have been nice and deal with them in abrupt and appropriate fashion.

In situation two, you'd have to be a ******* ****** to hand over your account information to RMT and all but the most intellectually stunted people are going to know this.

SE already has the functionality built into the system to detect player proximity to one another. If you really want them to see this, perhaps you could be a bit more sagacious in your approach and post it in the forums SE actually reads here...the Feedback and Suggestion Forums. And forget about the RMT angle, because an exploit is an exploit is an exploit and it doesn't matter who the **** uses it or why. That's why I made the comments that I did...rather than identify it as an exploit, you jumped into a narrow-viewed dissertation on how this exploit will make RMT rich. It won't. You didn't think it through from a "business" perspective.
#48 Oct 15 2010 at 12:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
It may not be a banable exploit. If SE doesn't fix it soon it means its probably intended to be that way, kind of like summoner burns were not considered an exploit. In that case i guess it woulden't be legitimately and exploit but i would still call it one (like i called summoner burns an exploit). As such RMTs -will- get rich off of it via option 1. And i doubt SE has sophisticated enough data to tell to be honest, just like they couldent tell nm hunting bots or fishbots in XI

#49 Oct 15 2010 at 12:50 AM Rating: Good
Azurymber wrote:
It may not be a banable exploit. If SE doesn't fix it soon it means its probably intended to be that way, kind of like summoner burns were not considered an exploit. In that case i guess it woulden't be legitimately and exploit but i would still call it one (like i called summoner burns an exploit). As such RMTs -will- get rich off of it via option 1. And i doubt SE has sophisticated enough data to tell to be honest, just like they couldent tell nm hunting bots or fishbots in XI



Stop comparing it to XI. You've already referred to the XI devs previously in the thread. You're playing XIV. Your enjoyment of XIV will increase and anxiety over RMT will decrease dramatically as soon as you let it sink in that you're playing a different game.

RMT won't be getting rich off of power leveling via that exploit. You have to have enough players willing to take the risk and really, why in the blue **** would I pay someone to invite me to a party and stand around or farm elsewhere when I can just as easily form a party with a handful of LS mates and all of us toddle off and do our own thing? It's one thing to buy currency where it's a one-shot deal and hopefully nobody notices. It's another thing to be seen standing around with a cluster of known RMT. And you'd better believe that sooner or later those RMT are going to become known to SE and "guilty by association" is gonna get folks bant.

If SE doesn't deem it an exploit, then it's fair game for anyone to do. If they do deem it an exploit, they'll likely take the same approach they did with the healing exploit. Either way, what RMT does and what people who patronize RMT companies do makes absolutely no difference to me. If they want to rush to the level cap so they can stand around and pretend to be all uber, I don't care. It doesn't affect me at all. It's a different game with different mechanisms and a different economic model. It's really not worth getting worked up over.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 11:50pm by Aurelius
#50 Oct 15 2010 at 1:01 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
the game still has no real economic model. hopefully after todays maintenance it will. and why do hate talking about RMT so much? XI got completely screwed by RMT. Like not just a little bit, the -entire- game got messed up because of it. I remember buying my woodsville axe for like 30mil+, and selling things i could get 3 or 4 of in an hour for over a mil each. I'd rather not see a heavy rmt presence in the game and have them ruin XIV too. The powerlevelling rmt thing has happened in lots of games and has been profitable for rmts, and heres a way for them to powerlevel without actually doing anything at all. Thats an issue whether you like it or not. And FFXI had RMT's who farmed sky. There was an entire RMT linkshell who consistantly farmed sky nearly 24/7 on kujata. And they didn't get banned for MONTHS. So SE's record on banning RMT is horrible. Its seriously unlikely that in the packed full laggy camps anyone will notice which ppl sit around all the time.


#51 Oct 15 2010 at 1:06 AM Rating: Decent
38 posts
Azurymber wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
The party system in this game is horribly designed. For each party member you have you're sp per hit is boosted. However, you're members don't have to be fighting the mobs or anywhere near the mobs, just in the same zone (possible same crystal zone but possibly not).

What does this mean?

It means you can party up with 5 afk people and keep soling, getting 300+ sp per easy-prey kill without almost ever resting. (at least theoretically, I won't test it incase it's considered an exploit). But i do skill mobs when im in a party and they are all dead and waiting to heal, and I can pull in party exp.

So what does this mean?

Simple: A smart RMT company will buy a bunch of accounts and sell exp-boost powerleveling services. You pay them $5 or $10 an hour and they afk and let you get a 200% sp boost (this is especially helpful after level 20 when you get 50 sp off a mob that take half your hp off).
Within a day, the RMT's will make-up their monthly cost. They can have one person handle 100 characters, and they will be almost undetectable.

Can anyone else see this happening? Or conversely can anyone explain why this -wont- happen? I mean powerlevling services exist. but why pay for one in this game? Its faster to just fight mobs you kill in 5 hits that do no damage to you and get 300sp+ per kill.


soo... You're throwing a fit over something you aren't even sure works and then obsessing over it with dreams of RMT. You may need to get some sunshine.


im 100% sure it works....
and im 100% sure its profitable in some way
Just not 100% of the extent of it because im not about to test an exploit. I know lots of people do it though



Obviously OP has never been in a successful party except maybe one that got him to this ridiculous conclusion, i just dinged 26 today so let me shed some insight on this post that should have never caught flame...

Oh and im going to type in all capps cuz i guess thats what makes the OP correct in his defending posts.

I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY SP BONUS FOR BEING IN A PARTY, WHETHER IT BE DUO, OR 6 MAN PARTY. MY SP IS THE SAME BASED ON HOW MANY ACTIONS I USE DURING THE FIGHT. TODAY HALF THE PARTY WENT AFK SO ME AND A FRIEND DUO'D A FEW MOBS, I GOT QUITE A BIT LESS SP THEN I WOULD HAVE SOLO. KEEP IN MIND OP I HAD 5 PEOPLE IN MY PARTY, 3 AFK, AND GOT LESS SP.

Jesus i have done this several times fighting a mob that gives 50 sp and having a party of 6 with 5 afk will STILL yield 50 sp.

There is no magic bonus that you gain for being in a large party this is the most unintelligent least tested thread i have over replied to.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)