Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Leveling Big Mistake...WarningFollow

#1 Oct 14 2010 at 7:47 PM Rating: Default
*
189 posts
So I am giving the game a fair chance and I decide to level every job to 10, right free for a month and doable. Well here is the problem....I get all DoH DoL to 10 and decide to focus on MRD 18 so Im thinkin Rampart, nice skill. Good Skill great but then... I get my leves with no MRD guild pts but GLD only, for 3 fkn leves. almost a week.......................dont level your jobs past 9 unless u like getting useless leves, I cant get any MRD leves in a week, I am gonna lvl all DoW and DoM to 10 just to see what happens, this is lame.
____________________________
FFXI Alexandar 51 SUM
Ramuh 50 SUM 53 THF
WoW Malygos 80MAG 60 WLK
The forgtn cst 80 MAG 73 WLK

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=2494669
Retainer: Weaponsandshields
#2 Oct 14 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Default
*
189 posts
Since I cant find the edit button....Its not lvl 6 its lvl 10 PROVOKE.
____________________________
FFXI Alexandar 51 SUM
Ramuh 50 SUM 53 THF
WoW Malygos 80MAG 60 WLK
The forgtn cst 80 MAG 73 WLK

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=2494669
Retainer: Weaponsandshields
#3 Oct 14 2010 at 7:59 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Some people in my LS have that issue. I'm lucky I decided to play the way I did and only level DoM for now, so that's all the marks I ever get offered.

That's gotta be really annoying for people who have multiple classes 10+ though. Would be nice if the leves just offered "marks" and whatever class you happen to be on, that's the kind ya get.
____________________________

#4 Oct 14 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
133 posts
I had the same issue bro >< ****** me off.... You're actually not less likely to get Marauder points though from what I can tell...Just less likely to get GIL....which is obnoxious.
#5 Oct 14 2010 at 8:17 PM Rating: Default
*
189 posts
If the AH gets fixed on maint. I will stick with it, if not i guess i will see you all when ps3 comes out, since new servers I will be ahead of the game.
____________________________
FFXI Alexandar 51 SUM
Ramuh 50 SUM 53 THF
WoW Malygos 80MAG 60 WLK
The forgtn cst 80 MAG 73 WLK

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=2494669
Retainer: Weaponsandshields
#6 Oct 14 2010 at 8:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*
203 posts
I don't think having additional jobs at 10 is going to make you any less likely to get specific marks: I have pugilist at 16, and have been on a dry spell the last 3 resets (finally got 1 leve for marks yesterday), while my gf has thm and con at 12~16, and she's gotten leves for BOTH thm and con on the last 3 resets. Pretty sure it's just luck.
#7 Oct 15 2010 at 12:07 AM Rating: Good
Ilmoran wrote:
I don't think having additional jobs at 10 is going to make you any less likely to get specific marks: I have pugilist at 16, and have been on a dry spell the last 3 resets (finally got 1 leve for marks yesterday), while my gf has thm and con at 12~16, and she's gotten leves for BOTH thm and con on the last 3 resets. Pretty sure it's just luck.



Well said, I've run into the same thing as an 18PUG/16GLA/11CONJ/10MRD, occasionally may get marks from a leve, but usually gil...

There's a random chance to receive marks from any DoW/DoM class after R10, so why not just do the leve as that class? If you can't, you can always just complete it fast on your preferred job for quick exp + faction credits, or (better yet) party up with a higher level character and/or Conjurer, so you can get the marks + exp. My own personal mission would be to get both my CONJ + MRD to 15, just so R20 leves are doable without too much hassle.

Edited, Oct 15th 2010 2:08am by GuiltyBoomerang
____________________________
FFXIV

Estur Leone - Gysahl

#8 Oct 15 2010 at 12:21 AM Rating: Decent
As far as Guild Marks on leves, I've gone for about a week without Archer's GM. Sometimes I just wonder the same... But be sure to check your faction quest as there are some GM available to you as well.
#9 Oct 15 2010 at 12:23 AM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
I've specifically refrained from leveling all the jobs I want for this reason. I want to get the marks for my main class first. As it is, it took me 3 resets to finally get a single leve offering 500 marks for my main class.

hanibalz wrote:
If the AH gets fixed on maint. I will stick with it, if not i guess i will see you all when ps3 comes out, since new servers I will be ahead of the game.
If you mean an AH added in, that's not going to happen. At least not right now.

They're doing the market changes they laid out back at the end of September. The changes they spoke of were renamed market wards that would reflect what you should sell in them. Selling something that doesn't fit the ward would result in the market tax. Selling something that was appropriate for the ward would not.

And they will possibly be adding in the ability to hire extra retainers.

It doesn't seem like it should take them 2 weeks to do that, but maybe they have stuff they haven't talked about in the patch on top of the market changes.

Edited, Oct 15th 2010 2:25am by theweenie
#10 Oct 15 2010 at 1:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
rincrystalblade wrote:
As far as Guild Marks on leves, I've gone for about a week without Archer's GM. Sometimes I just wonder the same... But be sure to check your faction quest as there are some GM available to you as well.
Same here. Until today, i was looking at about 10 days without the opportunity to earn guildmarks for Archer, my highest DoW class.

The crappy thing was that some of those days I had PUG/LNC/THM/CON/OMG/LOL/WWJD guildmarks available in ALL THREE cities...
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#11 Oct 15 2010 at 1:17 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
It's random, like everything else. I actually have too many marks. So far, I've earned 20k marauder's marks and 8k conjurer(that I only leveled for shock spikes and cure). I wish leves gave gear like they did in beta.
#12 Oct 15 2010 at 1:51 AM Rating: Decent
29 posts
Does it matter what class you're currently equipped as when you go to pick them up? I could have sworn I only got offered Conjurer marks when I had that up and Marauder when I had it equipped. I could be wrong though here, just looked that way to me.
____________________________
River Wilde
#13 Oct 15 2010 at 2:10 AM Rating: Decent
*
66 posts
What's this "useless"? I want all those marks, thank you! ;p

I don't even think I have a main, to be honest. A dozen classes between 10 and 15...
#14 Oct 15 2010 at 2:55 AM Rating: Good
*
71 posts
theweenie wrote:
I've specifically refrained from leveling all the jobs I want for this reason. I want to get the marks for my main class first. As it is, it took me 3 resets to finally get a single leve offering 500 marks for my main class.

hanibalz wrote:
If the AH gets fixed on maint. I will stick with it, if not i guess i will see you all when ps3 comes out, since new servers I will be ahead of the game.
If you mean an AH added in, that's not going to happen. At least not right now.

They're doing the market changes they laid out back at the end of September. The changes they spoke of were renamed market wards that would reflect what you should sell in them. Selling something that doesn't fit the ward would result in the market tax. Selling something that was appropriate for the ward would not.

And they will possibly be adding in the ability to hire extra retainers.

It doesn't seem like it should take them 2 weeks to do that, but maybe they have stuff they haven't talked about in the patch on top of the market changes.

Edited, Oct 15th 2010 2:25am by theweenie


The information I found seems to suggest that there will be a reduced tax not no tax.

Quote:
Specifically, market wards will be organized according to specific item types, making it easier to consolidate similar items in the same area. Further, if an item sold within a ward corresponds to that wards’ item type, the tax incurred will be reduced. Items not of that ward’s category may still be sold, but the tax imposed will remain the same as it has up until now


http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=882742ce43b7c0a8084f3f0ac0462c9c68d6cf3a
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)