Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Active playersFollow

#1 Oct 15 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Decent
20 posts
Howe many people are active on this game?
#2 Oct 15 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
16 posts
#3 Oct 15 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Decent
*
222 posts
/
____________________________


#4 Oct 15 2010 at 11:04 AM Rating: Decent
**
473 posts
#5 Oct 15 2010 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
Myefoo wrote:
Howe many people are active on this game?



Hmm depends on your definition of active, but if you mean logging in every few days, let's do some rough calculations and estimates.

18 servers currently, with average server population most times around 2000, with peaks of around 3000-3500. (correct?)

So if we look at the peaks, and factor in that there are people from all over the world playing 24 hours a day, with multiple peak times, then I'd say there's about 100k or more active people playing right now.

Anyone have an estimate? Would be nice to compare to what others are thinking.
____________________________
http://www.pbpmap.com/ - play by post rpgs at their best!


#6 Oct 15 2010 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
charityneverfaileth wrote:
Myefoo wrote:
Howe many people are active on this game?



Hmm depends on your definition of active, but if you mean logging in every few days, let's do some rough calculations and estimates.

18 servers currently, with average server population most times around 2000, with peaks of around 3000-3500. (correct?)

So if we look at the peaks, and factor in that there are people from all over the world playing 24 hours a day, with multiple peak times, then I'd say there's about 100k or more active people playing right now.

Anyone have an estimate? Would be nice to compare to what others are thinking.


if thats the average server pop at any given time, you are actualy looking at closer to 300k-400k active players
youd be surprised how many players play very little during a day or even every day at all.

it really is hard to tell though, but in the end who cares, all that should matter is that people are playing, and that you are enjoying it
____________________________


#7 Oct 15 2010 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
*
73 posts
Myefoo wrote:
Howe many people are active on this game?



Define "Players"

^/
#8 Oct 15 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
Due to commuting and work schedule, I only put in about 3 hours a day. Not sure if that would be considered active. But I do play every day :)
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#9 Oct 15 2010 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
JamesX wrote:
Due to commuting and work schedule, I only put in about 3 hours a day. Not sure if that would be considered active. But I do play every day :)


you actualy still play more then the average MMO player
____________________________


#10 Oct 15 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
Vedis wrote:
you actualy still play more then the average MMO player

I don't know >.<; Most of my FF Friends play 5-6 hours... those who are in school or retired etc, play about 10 -.-;;;

So I guess I have a skewed view of what Playtime means.
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#11 Oct 15 2010 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
JamesX wrote:
Vedis wrote:
you actualy still play more then the average MMO player

I don't know >.<; Most of my FF Friends play 5-6 hours... those who are in school or retired etc, play about 10 -.-;;;

So I guess I have a skewed view of what Playtime means.


probly
your describing your average MMO addict

the average player is 1 hour a day average

also take note your "average" player plays 1-2 days a week tops, and usualy a few hours on those days

i have alot of friends who fall under this catagory.

i myself, addict, i spent 3 days a week in game, for about 16 hours on those days, and 2 more days at 3-4 hours :)

Edited, Oct 15th 2010 10:32am by Vedis
____________________________


#12 Oct 15 2010 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
/

I prolly play between 10-25 hours a week depending on work/girlfriend
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#13 Oct 15 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
1368 people online right now on Bodhum. That what you're looking for?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#14 Oct 15 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
534 posts
/
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#15 Oct 15 2010 at 11:37 AM Rating: Good
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Vedis wrote:


the average player is 1 hour a day average

also take note your "average" player plays 1-2 days a week tops, and usualy a few hours on those days


Could you please link where you got this statistic? I'm curious.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#16 Oct 15 2010 at 11:39 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
yeah I don't know very many players that only play an hour at a time...
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#17 Oct 15 2010 at 11:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Vedis wrote:


the average player is 1 hour a day average

also take note your "average" player plays 1-2 days a week tops, and usualy a few hours on those days


Could you please link where you got this statistic? I'm curious.


there is no way to really find out for sure, im going off what ive seen in every other MMO, people i know, people ive played with.
im sure someones done a study somewhere, but lets be honest

online, in a game forum, WORST place to get an honest answer as I can almost guarentee all of us here play MMOs more then the average ammount of time most do, since we take the time to actualy sit in forums and talk about it too
____________________________


#18 Oct 15 2010 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I read a study that said the average mmo player plays 22 hours per week.

LINK: http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/pdf/Yee_labor_of_fun.pdf

Quote:
The average MMORPG player spends 22 hours a week playing the game (Yee, in
press). And these are not only teenagers playing. The average MMORPG gamer is in fact 26
years old. About half of these players have a full-time job. Everyday, many of them go to work
and perform an assortment of clerical tasks, logistical planning and management in their offices,
then they come home and do those very same things in MMORPGs


Edited, Oct 15th 2010 10:42am by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#19 Oct 15 2010 at 1:09 PM Rating: Good
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Vedis wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Vedis wrote:


the average player is 1 hour a day average

also take note your "average" player plays 1-2 days a week tops, and usualy a few hours on those days


Could you please link where you got this statistic? I'm curious.


there is no way to really find out for sure, im going off what ive seen in every other MMO, people i know, people ive played with.
im sure someones done a study somewhere, but lets be honest

online, in a game forum, WORST place to get an honest answer as I can almost guarentee all of us here play MMOs more then the average ammount of time most do, since we take the time to actualy sit in forums and talk about it too


I was just checking to see if you had a statistic or if was an opinion. Everything I've read, like the study Olorinus linked, says that MMO players play a LOT of games a week. 1 hour a day seemed way too low. Stating something with a qualifier like "IMO..." would go a long way to being clearer ^_^
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)