Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Right of Passage Code Simply Won't Work?Follow

#1 Oct 15 2010 at 8:06 PM Rating: Decent
11 posts
There are only so many ways you can type an ambiguous code. O's that look like D's, 0's that look like O's, and 6's that look like G's.

But I have typed every combination I can think of for this piece of paper, and all I get back is "code not valid". Anyone else have this problem and figure out a way to solve it? Is there anything I should know? It's long past the thirtieth, according to them this would be worked out by then.
#2 Oct 16 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Good
Few questions just to make sure we're not missing the obvious...

1. Where did you get the code? If not from the collector's edition: are you 100% positive that it hasn't been used already?

2. Have you previously entered the code, but for whatever reason navigated away from the page before your order was complete?

3. Did you enter the code with the dashes(-)? That is the correct way, code will not work sans dashes. Make sure caps is on too, just in case.

3a.The diamond looking character is the letter O, the round square is the number zero.

If your getting back "code not valid" then it sounds like you're entering it wrong. If it was entered correctly, but had been previously used, it would say: "The code that you have entered has already been used."

If all the above fails then I'd contact customer service and tell them your issue. Good luck!
#3 Oct 16 2010 at 3:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
To save you a little time...

They're most likely going to tell you to go here:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=56938&id=902&la=1&ret=faq

The code that is on the back of my manual did not work, so I had to use the buddy code that came with the game instead...bleh. :P
#4 Oct 16 2010 at 3:37 AM Rating: Decent
Ravashack wrote:
To save you a little time...

They're most likely going to tell you to go here:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=56938&id=902&la=1&ret=faq

The code that is on the back of my manual did not work, so I had to use the buddy code that came with the game instead...bleh. :P


Actually the problem he is having concerns the Right of Passage code, not the code for the actual game. This is the code that you use to order a certificate sent to your house with your character name, birth date, etc.
#5 Oct 16 2010 at 4:04 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
The One and Only Redyoshi wrote:
Ravashack wrote:
To save you a little time...

They're most likely going to tell you to go here:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=56938&id=902&la=1&ret=faq

The code that is on the back of my manual did not work, so I had to use the buddy code that came with the game instead...bleh. :P


Actually the problem he is having concerns the Right of Passage code, not the code for the actual game. This is the code that you use to order a certificate sent to your house with your character name, birth date, etc.


I realize that. It would probably help if I copied the email I got back from the CS so you can see why I posted what I did though, so here it is.

Quote:

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.

Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV!

Unfortunately, in order for us to assist you further, we will need for you to follow the steps on the following website regarding the mistaken use of a promotional registration code: http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=56938&id=902&la=1&ret=faq.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
#6 Oct 16 2010 at 5:52 AM Rating: Decent
Ravashack wrote:
The One and Only Redyoshi wrote:
Ravashack wrote:
To save you a little time...

They're most likely going to tell you to go here:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=56938&id=902&la=1&ret=faq

The code that is on the back of my manual did not work, so I had to use the buddy code that came with the game instead...bleh. :P


Actually the problem he is having concerns the Right of Passage code, not the code for the actual game. This is the code that you use to order a certificate sent to your house with your character name, birth date, etc.


I realize that. It would probably help if I copied the email I got back from the CS so you can see why I posted what I did though, so here it is.

Quote:

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.

Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV!

Unfortunately, in order for us to assist you further, we will need for you to follow the steps on the following website regarding the mistaken use of a promotional registration code: http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=56938&id=902&la=1&ret=faq.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.


Ah, I see. I suppose it wouldn't be Customer Service if you didn't get the ol' run around :D
#7 Oct 16 2010 at 8:42 PM Rating: Decent
11 posts
The One and Only Redyoshi wrote:
Few questions just to make sure we're not missing the obvious...
3. Did you enter the code with the dashes(-)? That is the correct way, code will not work sans dashes. Make sure caps is on too, just in case.

3a.The diamond looking character is the letter O, the round square is the number zero.


This is what had me. I tried it with dashes and the O's and 0's mixed up, and with everything correct but no dashes. Thank you ^_^ I got it ordered.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)