Hello everyone. I am a student at Plymouth State. For my Feminism class I am surveying MMORPGs and gender; specifically what it is like to be a girl gamer. I would greatly appreciate it if people could fill out this survey (serious answers are preferred as these surveys are part of my grade).
1. What MMORPG(s) do you play?
a. World of Warcraft
b. Final Fantasy XI
c. Final Fantasy XIV
d. Maple Story
e. Dungeons and Dragons Online
f. Other (Please write it in)
2. What gender is your main character?
(If you have more than one character please make a note of what gender each character is.)
i. Optional: Do you play characters that are the same gender as you?
1. Most of the time
3. Not really
3. Does gender appearance of a character bias you toward a certain gender? If yes, please explain.
(ex: chest size, muscle size, sexual appearance, etc.)
4. Does clothing/armor appearance bias you toward a certain gender? If yes, please explain.
(ex: scantily clad clothing, “cooler” looking armor, etc.)
5. How much control/customization do you have over the physical appearance/characteristics of your character? (Please specify which parts you are allowed to customize).
a. Quite a bit
c. Not a lot
6. What class/job is/are your characters?
b. Paladin/Death Knight
h. Other (Please write it in)
7. Do you participate in a guilds, parties, linkshells or groups of a similar sort?
8. What is the gender ratio (of the characters) in your guild/etc?
a. Mostly men
b. Mostly women
c. Pretty even
9. If you play a character of an opposite gender, please explain any reasons why.
(Ex: sometimes women play male characters to avoid harassment)
10. How are male characters typically treated?
11. How are female characters typically treated?
12. How do male players typically act?
13. How do female players typically act?
Edited, Oct 16th 2010 11:18pm by Osarion Lock Thread: OOT Survey