Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Grind during levequests?Follow

#1 Oct 18 2010 at 2:22 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
everyone says that the best way to get sp is by doing levequests...
but you only need to kill around 8 mobs during the quest and i barely get any sp
do people mean to grind during the guardian invoke? do u gain more sp while grinding any mob? or does it have to be the quest mob?
#2 Oct 18 2010 at 2:25 AM Rating: Default
40 posts
meatshake wrote:
everyone says that the best way to get sp is by doing levequests...
but you only need to kill around 8 mobs during the quest and i barely get any sp
do people mean to grind during the guardian invoke? do u gain more sp while grinding any mob? or does it have to be the quest mob?


this is actually a pretty good idea. we could all pick up lvl1 leves, invoke, then grind haha :D
#3 Oct 18 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Good
You don't get bonus SP from anything but leve targets when under the Guardian's Favor effect. Sadly most targets die too fast to really rack the points up...
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#4 Oct 18 2010 at 2:44 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Sir SamusKnight wrote:
You don't get bonus SP from anything but leve targets when under the Guardian's Favor effect. Sadly most targets die too fast to really rack the points up...
You know, I'm not saying this is wrong, but I'm most interested on knowing what data you have to back up this claim.

I have being trying to gather data on skill points per kill in the Nanny camp around Bloodshore in order to prove or debunk this, since my LS tend to grind with favor during leves on that camp, and to tell you the truth so far the data is inconclusive, I seriously can tell either way because skill points are at times so random.

I have been as far as collecting data from the same leve quest with and without guardian's favor and while I can say that there is a minor noticeable difference it would be really hard to even state guardians favor +% of SP.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#5 Oct 18 2010 at 2:47 AM Rating: Decent
40 posts
I'm going to try this out myself tonight. on the crabs :3 in a group of 3, I'd randomly get 30 up to the 500 sp-cap.
#6 Oct 18 2010 at 2:57 AM Rating: Decent
**
445 posts
I use to grind leves with my friends so that I can try harder leves,
thus more exp.
Since leves give you gil and experience, and it is free, you will do it anyway.
Guardian's Favor has a quite random effect, but if you have extra, why dont use it? you can only have 200 max anyway and it will full if you dont use.
____________________________
Timfung (Alexander) 75WHM72RDM46PUP Cooking81 (retired)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1662475
#7 Oct 18 2010 at 3:44 AM Rating: Good
*
203 posts
kenage wrote:
Sir SamusKnight wrote:
You don't get bonus SP from anything but leve targets when under the Guardian's Favor effect. Sadly most targets die too fast to really rack the points up...
You know, I'm not saying this is wrong, but I'm most interested on knowing what data you have to back up this claim.

I have being trying to gather data on skill points per kill in the Nanny camp around Bloodshore in order to prove or debunk this, since my LS tend to grind with favor during leves on that camp, and to tell you the truth so far the data is inconclusive, I seriously can tell either way because skill points are at times so random.

I have been as far as collecting data from the same leve quest with and without guardian's favor and while I can say that there is a minor noticeable difference it would be really hard to even state guardians favor +% of SP.

Ken


The effect is quite noticeable with DoL leves. There are generally two kinds of DoL leves: Harvest 3 of X item, and deplete 3 of X harvesting points.
During a Harvest 3 of X items, if you have Guardian's Favor up, I may get ~150 SP for any item other than the target item, and ~600 for the target item. If I don't have Guardian's Favor, it's more like ~150 for regular/~200-300 for target item.
During a deplete 3 harvesting points, it doesn't matter whether I have Guardian's Favor on, I get approximately the same SP for all items, Guardian's Favor or not.
Based on this, I'm assuming you only get Guardian's Favor bonus on mobs that appear in the objective list (I don't even get Favor on "Kill this mob until you get 5 of X item" leves, because I am concerned that since the monster isn't the actual objective, Favor won't kick in).
#8 Oct 18 2010 at 3:58 AM Rating: Good
*
108 posts
Ilmoran wrote:
Based on this, I'm assuming you only get Guardian's Favor bonus on mobs that appear in the objective list (I don't even get Favor on "Kill this mob until you get 5 of X item" leves, because I am concerned that since the monster isn't the actual objective, Favor won't kick in).


If true, this is just fantastic.
#9 Oct 18 2010 at 8:14 AM Rating: Decent
Guru
*
227 posts
timmyofalex wrote:

Guardian's Favor has a quite random effect, but if you have extra, why dont use it? you can only have 200 max anyway and it will full if you dont use.

Actually, they stated that the max is 1000--but there's just about nobody who will allow it to accumulate that much I don't think! Lodestone - bottom of Guildleve section.
#10 Oct 18 2010 at 8:32 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
If the max is 1000 why does it not go above 200? I started my character and never used the Favor because I was paranoid of running out (and I didn't really understand it, either) and never did it go beyond 200. I will check this again, but that states that every 12 Eorzea hours it goes up by 10. That's twice every earth hour (approximately) - according to FFXIVcore 's wiki.

I think they meant 12 Real life hours, not 12 Eorzea hours, and the statement about 1000 either is bugged, isn't implemented, or requires a certain level.

Quote:
You will gradually earn “favor” with your Guardian (10 every twelve Eorzea hours up to a maximum of 1000). When this has reached a certain amount, you can petition the god or goddess to bless you with a temporary boost to the development rate of various skills.


Am I just reading this wrong?
#11 Oct 18 2010 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
Guru
*
227 posts
I guess I used too much already--I haven't come close to getting back to 200--so I will trust that you're correct that it's not most likely not implemented yet. I can confirm that you receive 10 favor every 12 real-life hours, not Eorzea hours, though--this is probably what they intended for balance's sake.

If it did accumulate like they said it should, we would easily be able to use it on every leve we ran, as we would get 480 favor daily. In that case, there would never be a reason not to use it, obviously. As it is, 20 favor per day doesn't seem like enough to me. If we got 80 per day, enough to run our own leves with it, I think that would be more fair.

Edited, Oct 18th 2010 10:45am by Klarus
#12 Oct 18 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
***
1,146 posts
Favor only counts for leve objectives. I've been killing ALOT of Dodos in eastern Thalanan. I killed them during full moon and new moon, from all directions and with and without guardian's favor.
Fact is, I got about the same ammount of SP with and without guardian's favor.
Best way to test this for yourself is doing a leve solo (one time with and the other time without favor) and see for yourself.

The difference in SP gain with and without favor is noticable. It could be a problem if you play in party though because party SP still seems to be bugged.

I agree with SamusKnight that most of the time the leve mobs die too fast.
Also doing leves in big groups is a waste of time if you're after EXP and SP if it's nothing really hard. Mobs hit too hard so you can't take the higher settings because people would be 1 hit kills. But because of that the mobs die too fast and you barely get chances to gain SP.

I think guardian's favor is another thing aimed for solo players because it seems you get the most out of it that way. At least for now.
____________________________

Final Fantasy XI
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Name: Kyana (retired)
Jobs: THF75 PLD70 BST70

#13 Oct 18 2010 at 11:07 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
46 posts
Klarus wrote:
I guess I used too much already--I haven't come close to getting back to 200--so I will trust that you're correct that it's not most likely not implemented yet. I can confirm that you receive 10 favor every 12 real-life hours, not Eorzea hours, though--this is probably what they intended for balance's sake.

If it did accumulate like they said it should, we would easily be able to use it on every leve we ran, as we would get 480 favor daily. In that case, there would never be a reason not to use it, obviously. As it is, 20 favor per day doesn't seem like enough to me. If we got 80 per day, enough to run our own leves with it, I think that would be more fair.

Edited, Oct 18th 2010 10:45am by Klarus


If we got enough to use on all of our own leves, what would be the point in having it? Just give a bonus when you are the leve starter - why need to bother invoking something and having it regenerate.

Honestly, systems like this and anima are Bonuses. People complain that we should get more or it should regenerate faster... Seriously, Favor system is fine the way it is.
____________________________


#14 Oct 18 2010 at 11:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
149 posts
Quote:
do people mean to grind during the guardian invoke? do u gain more sp while grinding any mob?

Yes. Kill everything on your way to your leve targets, and you will see that the sp is increased. Just make sure you don't fail the leve, though.
#15 Oct 18 2010 at 11:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
149 posts
I stopped playing for a week, and when I went back to check, my favor was still at 200. It was only 180 when I left.
#16 Oct 18 2010 at 3:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
Favor max is currently 200. At least it is for me.
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)