Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Are there Storyline requirements to join a Guild?Follow

#1 Oct 18 2010 at 4:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
Do you need to have progressed in the Storyline quests to a certain point before you can join a Guild?

LS Mate hit 20 Gla last night and couldn't join the Gladiator Guild. The guy still told him off (I believe).
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#2 Oct 18 2010 at 4:14 PM Rating: Excellent
**
268 posts
I believe you must not have an active story line quest to start it. I had to finish a few story quests to enable myself to get the Armory quests.
____________________________
Kula Vermillion - Mysidia

#3 Oct 18 2010 at 4:18 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I had the same problem - fixed after completing quest to R20
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#4 Oct 18 2010 at 4:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
Sir Zalim wrote:
I believe you must not have an active story line quest to start it. I had to finish a few story quests to enable myself to get the Armory quests.

:) That sounds about right.

Thanks for the help!
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#5 Oct 18 2010 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
**
500 posts
Actually, that's slightly incorrect. You must have started the R20 quest in order to get the guild quests. I got mine while waiting for my NPC companion to arrive at the place in Ul'dah.
#7 Oct 19 2010 at 3:29 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
Kesac wrote:
Actually, that's slightly incorrect. You must have started the R20 quest in order to get the guild quests. I got mine while waiting for my NPC companion to arrive at the place in Ul'dah.



That's not right either. I joined the archer guild after the 15 quest and before even touching the 20 quest.
#8 Oct 20 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
421 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Kesac wrote:
Actually, that's slightly incorrect. You must have started the R20 quest in order to get the guild quests. I got mine while waiting for my NPC companion to arrive at the place in Ul'dah.



That's not right either. I joined the archer guild after the 15 quest and before even touching the 20 quest.


I'm not sure if you actually join the guild, I have been able to access the fisherman's guild items since I finished the opening quest which wants you to visit some guilds.
____________________________
FFXIV: Dennis Galen - FSH 50 | CRP 38 | LEA 27 | WEA 25 | CON 9 - Selbina server
FFXIV: Dennis Ramuh - CON 7 | ALC 7 - Selbina server
FFXI: Dennis - Hume Rank 10 Bastok - Ramuh server - LS: PandemoniumKnights
60 Summoner
75 Black Mage | 75 White Mage
75 Red Mage | AlchaFisherMage
Alchemy 93,1 +2 | Fish 100 | Gold 32
Wood 22 | Cooking 15 | Smith 14 | Leather 9
#9 Oct 20 2010 at 6:47 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
DJvGalen wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Kesac wrote:
Actually, that's slightly incorrect. You must have started the R20 quest in order to get the guild quests. I got mine while waiting for my NPC companion to arrive at the place in Ul'dah.



That's not right either. I joined the archer guild after the 15 quest and before even touching the 20 quest.


I'm not sure if you actually join the guild, I have been able to access the fisherman's guild items since I finished the opening quest which wants you to visit some guilds.



When you do the quests and whatnot you get the npc linkshell for the guild. That's about as joined as it gets I guess.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)