Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

[Maintenance] All Worlds Maintenance (Oct. 22)Follow

#52 Oct 20 2010 at 6:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Timorith wrote:
Eldonia wrote:
not sure why you'd get upset about a maintenance and possible patch...
Because logging in to discover "SURPRISE! Your character is now 33% less Accurate!" Or "GOTCHA! Every synth you attempt now fails!" Or "HEY GUESS WHAT?! Your armor now degrades 5x as quickly!" is old.

I remember FFXI. Do you?

papajay wrote:
How can maint/patching already be old?
As stated above, I remember FFXI. Ultimately, this is no different.


Edited, Oct 20th 2010 12:39pm by Timorith


How else will the game improve if they don't do updates? I've seen some of your other posts, you seem to believe that FFXIV needs a lot of changes, which sounds to me like a reason for constant maintenance and patches. If the goal is really constructive criticism instead of just trolling, then it's not enough to just bash the game - you have to give them a chance to fix things.
#53 Oct 20 2010 at 7:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
5,431 posts
Timorith wrote:
Eldonia wrote:
not sure why you'd get upset about a maintenance and possible patch...
Because logging in to discover "SURPRISE! Your character is now 33% less Accurate!" Or "GOTCHA! Every synth you attempt now fails!" Or "HEY GUESS WHAT?! Your armor now degrades 5x as quickly!" is old.

I remember FFXI. Do you?

papajay wrote:
How can maint/patching already be old?
As stated above, I remember FFXI. Ultimately, this is no different.


Edited, Oct 20th 2010 12:39pm by Timorith


This is a new MMO, not an established game getting tweaked. This is going to have massive, sweeping, fundamental changes and fixes. That's how it goes. Fact is, there will be a **** of a lot more updates and maintenances, and then maintenances to fix those updates, etc. That's how things get done.

Honestly, man, if your attitude is like this when the game is this young, and you're still not even paying for it, seriously consider not playing this at all. You are not doing yourself (or anyone else) any favors by sticking around and complaining endlessly. You "remember FFXI," so you should know very well what you're getting in to.
Save yourself some time, money, headaches, and probably years on your life and just go find something you enjoy.
____________________________
~Phoenix / Figaro~
--
Little angel go away,
come again some other day.
The devil has my ear today,
I'll never hear a word you say.
#54 Oct 20 2010 at 8:42 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Timorith wrote:
Eldonia wrote:
not sure why you'd get upset about a maintenance and possible patch...
Because logging in to discover "SURPRISE! Your character is now 33% less Accurate!" Or "GOTCHA! Every synth you attempt now fails!" Or "HEY GUESS WHAT?! Your armor now degrades 5x as quickly!" is old.

I remember FFXI. Do you?

papajay wrote:
How can maint/patching already be old?
As stated above, I remember FFXI. Ultimately, this is no different.


Edited, Oct 20th 2010 12:39pm by Timorith


While getting "nerfed" sucks, how fun would the game be if we could solo every 'red' monster or succeed at every synthesis because SE didn't want to "nerf" us. It's not like SE is out to get you and trying to make your playtime miserable. Just the opposite, they want a fun and challenging game for us to play so we continue to play. If we zoom through content because it's so easy it may be fun, but we surely won't stick around very long.
#55 Oct 20 2010 at 8:48 AM Rating: Decent
*
137 posts
People need to stop with the "it's free". You are not, I repeat, are not playing for free. $75 for the CE and $50 for the regular game does not equal free.
#56 Oct 20 2010 at 9:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
The One and Only Redyoshi wrote:
How else will the game improve if they don't do updates? I've seen some of your other posts, you seem to believe that FFXIV needs a lot of changes, which sounds to me like a reason for constant maintenance and patches.
Hydragyrum wrote:
While getting "nerfed" sucks, how fun would the game be if we could solo every 'red' monster or succeed at every synthesis because SE didn't want to "nerf" us. It's not like SE is out to get you and trying to make your playtime miserable. Just the opposite, they want a fun and challenging game for us to play so we continue to play. If we zoom through content because it's so easy it may be fun, but we surely won't stick around very long.
You both misunderstand.

My issue isnt with the updates, its not with maintenance or changes. I am fully in favor of class balance, equilibrium, fairness and accessibility. What i dislike is SE's method of introducing 'fixes' for issues and changing major game mechanics without telling anyone why they're doing it or even THAT they're doing it.

Serious question: What is gained when integral game mechanics are changed without notifying the playerbase? What is lost?

AmanoJ wrote:
This is a new MMO, not an established game getting tweaked.
It doesn't seem so new. It feels and plays pretty much like an XI relaunch with fewer features, from a company that's been in the business for how long? a decade? Even if the game is 'new' the company and their approach are not.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#57 Oct 20 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
I remember this occurring a few times early in the game to balance a few way out of proportion things (like the cure thing just a couple weeks ago). Then I remember them switching instead to balancing jobs positively by adding abilities and such to the other jobs.


Again, SE has been stealth nerfing crafting with every maintenance since the game's CE launch. That's why some of us, despite SE saying they're going to undo some of their shenanigans, are nervous about any upcoming maintenance.

When the game launched, people were cheeseballing their way through synthesis just spamming Rapid Synthesis so SE nerfed it, and it didn't bother me. Then apparently SE felt like people were having too easy of a time so they started nerfing success rates and upping durability loss from Standard Synthesis as well.

The theory right now is that guild marks for local levequests might be awarded at least partly based on your finished quality assessment. The problem with that is that the selection of eligible leves you're given (ie. rank 20+) is pretty slim right now. The way crafting is tuned right now, for "at-rank" synthesis, if your durability ever drops below 26, your next action could result in a botch. Durability loss from Standard went from being tuned so that if you knew what you were doing you could still fail occasionally and if you didn't know what you were doing you'd fail often to "even if you know what you're doing your chances of failure are quite high." It makes earning the nifty rewards extremely difficult.
#58 Oct 20 2010 at 10:09 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
It doesn't seem so new. It feels and plays pretty much like an XI relaunch with fewer features, from a company that's been in the business for how long? a decade? Even if the game is 'new' the company and their approach are not.


What did you expect? That they can magically transform features from XI to XIV? It still takes just as long to program the game even if a lot of things are borrowed.

And for your info, XI launch was pretty much 100% similar with this game. Some features not in XIV were there, while other features that are in XIV weren't in XI. That's how it goes.

Quote:
Again, SE has been stealth nerfing crafting with every maintenance since the game's CE launch. That's why some of us, despite SE saying they're going to undo some of their shenanigans, are nervous about any upcoming maintenance.


A conclusion of some extensive ZAM testing? Haha



Edited, Oct 20th 2010 4:11pm by Hyanmen
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#59 Oct 20 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Hyanmen wrote:

A conclusion of some extensive ZAM testing? Haha


Nope, a conclusion drawn from shared experience in-game and across several forums.
#60 Oct 20 2010 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,431 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:

A conclusion of some extensive ZAM testing? Haha


Nope, a conclusion drawn from shared experience in-game and across several forums.


Either way, fact remains that you know better than to get used to how something works this early in the game's life. MMOs are all about balancing, and I have read enough of your posts now to know that you understand that fact very well. So, really, you know it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for a good while. Some changes will be good, some will be bad, and eventually something workable will be spit out the other end.
First couple months especially, a lot of stuff is going to get reworked. No sense fearing every single change, thinking it's going to ruin what you enjoyed most about something.

Timorith wrote:
It doesn't seem so new. It feels and plays pretty much like an XI relaunch with fewer features, from a company that's been in the business for how long? a decade? Even if the game is 'new' the company and their approach are not.


Well, on a personal level, I actually disagree; I feel there is a **** of a lot of difference between 14 and 11. If you don't, that's ok too. But, you're taking your jaded, pessimistic attitude about FFXI and transferring it to FF14, which hardly seems fair. The game isn't even a month old yet for the early starters, and you're already expecting the worse.

And what I said earlier... that was not meant as a facetious comment; I really do think you should consider not playing Final Fantasy 14 at all. Get away from MMOs. If it's only things you don't like and you expect more stuff you hate and things that make you angry, why in the world would you continue to play? You make yourself upset, you make everyone else miserable with complaining, you PAY for it... you might reconsider.

doubleax wrote:
People need to stop with the "it's free". You are not, I repeat, are not playing for free. $75 for the CE and $50 for the regular game does not equal free.


If this was directed towards my comment in my post, I would say that I mentioned it for a specific reason. Right now he's angry about playing a product he only purchased, but is not currently paying monthly fees to play. He should really consider canceling his account before it gets to the point where he's doing something silly like paying money every month to make himself miserable.
He seems to know that what's coming is going to anger him, so he might consider the fact that he will be paying more for it shortly.

____________________________
~Phoenix / Figaro~
--
Little angel go away,
come again some other day.
The devil has my ear today,
I'll never hear a word you say.
#61 Oct 20 2010 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Nope, a conclusion drawn from shared experience in-game and across several forums.


ZAM+Core+Eorzeapedia+..FFXIAH?

Man, I can't wait to hear more from you guys.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#62 Oct 20 2010 at 12:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
SE should just make a Monk MMO. No balancing needed. No tweaks. Patch day comes, get Subtle Blow, go back to happily punching **** for 5 years.

Easily the most laid back MMO, development-wise.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#63 Oct 21 2010 at 6:35 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Aurelius wrote:
The theory right now is that guild marks for local levequests might be awarded at least partly based on your finished quality assessment. The problem with that is that the selection of eligible leves you're given (ie. rank 20+) is pretty slim right now. The way crafting is tuned right now, for "at-rank" synthesis, if your durability ever drops below 26, your next action could result in a botch. Durability loss from Standard went from being tuned so that if you knew what you were doing you could still fail occasionally and if you didn't know what you were doing you'd fail often to "even if you know what you're doing your chances of failure are quite high." It makes earning the nifty rewards extremely difficult.


I don't mean to cherry-pick, but isn't the bolded sentence the point of an MMO? If the "nifty" rewards were easy, they wouldn't be nifty. In LoTRO you automatically succeed every synthesis, making NQ results far less valuable than the raw ingredients. In FFXIV you can fail (and lose ingredients) even at-rank attempts. While botching sucks, I think it makes a better system overall where crafters are actually rewarded.

Unfortunately for a system like this we're subject to the random number generator. If there was "skill" to succeeding every time it would be all over the internet within days, completely undermining the system.
#64 Oct 21 2010 at 9:50 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
While getting "nerfed" sucks, how fun would the game be if we could solo every 'red' monster or succeed at every synthesis because SE didn't want to "nerf" us. It's not like SE is out to get you and trying to make your playtime miserable. Just the opposite, they want a fun and challenging game for us to play so we continue to play. If we zoom through content because it's so easy it may be fun, but we surely won't stick around very long.


Uh, you can't even solo half of the blue monsters as it stands. Do you really want to start bringing red into this discussion?

I've never understood the mentality of FF MMO players that "It's a standard trash monster out in the world -- you can't expect to be able to kill it." Yet you never give reasons why as to your backwaters theology.

Hydragyrum wrote:
I don't mean to cherry-pick, but isn't the bolded sentence the point of an MMO? If the "nifty" rewards were easy, they wouldn't be nifty. In LoTRO you automatically succeed every synthesis, making NQ results far less valuable than the raw ingredients. In FFXIV you can fail (and lose ingredients) even at-rank attempts. While botching sucks, I think it makes a better system overall where crafters are actually rewarded.

Unfortunately for a system like this we're subject to the random number generator. If there was "skill" to succeeding every time it would be all over the internet within days, completely undermining the system.


I hate to cherry-pick, but isn't that exactly what occured in FFXI? And...oh... I don't know? Every other MMO in existance that has normal and high quality items of the same thing? The NQ items always, always are nothing more than fodder for the HQ in such a system.

Oh yes guys: failing a synth rewards you.

Never forget that.

Edited, Oct 21st 2010 11:52am by StrijderVechter
#65 Oct 21 2010 at 10:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Kreisash wrote:
Hmm... a random thought came to me...
For an AH, wouldn't we want to have a mail system in place first? (I guess it could work using an AH storage box instead... but I'm used to the WoW model.)

So by that logic, we'd need to see mail before AH.

Personally I think bazaars would work better if they weren't instanced like they are currently, but instead phased/held on a linked server for market areas on the main map. (sort of like how they link areas together right now, but smaller pockets).
Space would be limited per area and rented for 3 days at a time (more expensive at camps), but you would be allowed to summon your retainer. Tax for sales would be removed from retainer sales.
Throw a zone wide search in (or camp wide) and Bob's your uncle (before the gender change).

Also would also like to see themed market wards if they kept them, so that they didn't feel so depressing.



They wouldn't have to. There's a million ways they could set it up.


They way I'd like to see it is this: You go to the market ward, talk to the counter person who brings up the market window. The window has different categories of items, you can browse through those, or you can search. When you type in the item name or browse to it, it has a list of the ones for sale with prices. You select one, you get it right then and there. zammo. I don't want a 10 second animation of the retainer coming and giving it to you, becuase often you'll want to buy 10 or so of an item at a time if you're crafting or whatever. Make it quick, easy to use, as unobtrusive as possible. Go to window, purchase items, back to game as fast as that.

Obviously not going to happen.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#66 Oct 21 2010 at 10:40 AM Rating: Decent
37 posts
Well this is what I think.....

As far as this AH talk goes, I would bet money on this game not having an AH before the PS3 release. Why? Well I believe it's because SE wants to give the PS3 platform a chance to establish a footing within the game before they introduce a new economy.

As to why would they be attempting to update the wards if they're just simply going to be adding an AH later? Well obviously the Market Wards are all we've got in the mean time and I think they're attempting to get everyone used to the general idea of the markets. As it stands the market wards system still needs a lot of work before their functioning properly, even if the plan is to use them in conjunction with an AH down the road.

I would also bet that they don't immediately add an AH at the PS3 release. But I could absolutely see them announcing the addition for a future date right around that time, giving current and new players something to look forward to.

The reason that I say this is because the no AH thing is one of many major contributing factor why people have so far left this game, if you don't believe me you're delusional. Fixing the current bugs, addressing some major issues, and adding an AH shortly after the release of the console version would do wonders for this game. FFXIV will get its second round of reviews and if they manage to address most, if not all of the issues that plague this game at the moment. I think they could steal a number of their canceled subscriptions back. However they've got five months to do an insane amount of work on this game to get it ready. We'll see what happens.
#67 Oct 21 2010 at 10:56 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
StrijderVechter wrote:
Uh, you can't even solo half of the blue monsters as it stands. Do you really want to start bringing red into this discussion?

I've never understood the mentality of FF MMO players that "It's a standard trash monster out in the world -- you can't expect to be able to kill it." Yet you never give reasons why as to your backwaters theology.


You've gotten to a point where you can't solo blue mobs anymore? Out of curiosity what rank is that? At 15 I'm still walking through them with zero risk and even able to take on red mobs solo when I'm prepared. I'm sure it turns around just like in FFXI but I haven't seen a difficult blue mob yet.

StrijderVechter wrote:
I hate to cherry-pick, but isn't that exactly what occured in FFXI? And...oh... I don't know? Every other MMO in existance that has normal and high quality items of the same thing? The NQ items always, always are nothing more than fodder for the HQ in such a system.

Oh yes guys: failing a synth rewards you.

Never forget that.


So far in FFXIV the end results of most complicated recipes are more valuable than the raw ingredients. This is because the sheer time it takes to either make every component or hunt them down is what the buyer is paying for. Just look at the number of synths it takes to make a bronze hauby. And yes, any system that allows you to churn out items will result in worthless NQs. But what if it takes you close to an hour to make one item (Bronze Hauby). You can bet people won't be willing to part with it for less than the raw material value.

And don't put words into my mouth. I never said failing a synth rewards you. I said a system in which there ARE fails rewards you more when you DO succeed. In one system you grind out hundreds of items you end up NPCing. In another you grind out many different components that eventually combine into a few final products which can be sold for profit. I think the latter is both more engaging, more "realistic", and more thought provoking. Anyone can buy 10 stacks of ingredients and hit "Synthesize 100 times" and go get lunch. Apparently not everyone is capable of a multi-component synthesis system.

Edit: Also, just as gil has to leave the game to prevent inflation, so does gear in order to prevent the over abundance (and devaluing) of gear. Since FFXIV doesn't have bind on equip there has to be another way to remove items from the economy. Botching is one such way. Just think, no failures means more competition when you're trying to sell your crafted gear. Chance of fails means less gear created for the same number of players which means less supply which means more profits. Just remember, your competitors fail just as many synths, on average, as you do.



Edited, Oct 21st 2010 12:09pm by Hydragyrum
#68 Oct 21 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
534 posts
Thundernova wrote:
Well this is what I think.....

As far as this AH talk goes, I would bet money on this game not having an AH before the PS3 release. Why? Well I believe it's because SE wants to give the PS3 platform a chance to establish a footing within the game before they introduce a new economy.

As to why would they be attempting to update the wards if they're just simply going to be adding an AH later? Well obviously the Market Wards are all we've got in the mean time and I think they're attempting to get everyone used to the general idea of the markets. As it stands the market wards system still needs a lot of work before their functioning properly, even if the plan is to use them in conjunction with an AH down the road.

I would also bet that they don't immediately add an AH at the PS3 release. But I could absolutely see them announcing the addition for a future date right around that time, giving current and new players something to look forward to.

The reason that I say this is because the no AH thing is one of many major contributing factor why people have so far left this game, if you don't believe me you're delusional. Fixing the current bugs, addressing some major issues, and adding an AH shortly after the release of the console version would do wonders for this game. FFXIV will get its second round of reviews and if they manage to address most, if not all of the issues that plague this game at the moment. I think they could steal a number of their canceled subscriptions back. However they've got five months to do an insane amount of work on this game to get it ready. We'll see what happens.


I think most of what you said makes sense and is probably close to what SE was thinking before they released the game. They knew it would be rough at the start but hoped for the best. Since they are coughing up an extra 30 days free gameplay(possibly the only time in MMO history this has happened)...shows exactly how bad things are. I am not sure they can afford to introduce "fixes" to the game that have a chance to fail. They need to be careful, because every new failure will pile on the previous ones. They also cannot afford to wait until late spring/summer to make changes that will be universally accepted. At this point...we don't even know the PS3 release date will be March.

Tonight's update will be interesting to see if they try to start damage control sooner than late November as they stated last week.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#69 Oct 21 2010 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
OnyxFFXI wrote:

Quote:
Regarding auctionhouses:

Regarding Final Fantasy XIV and the market battle system is something we would like to consider the equilevent to the auction house we had in Final Fantasy XI. Only that you'll also be able to fix your equipment and things like that. It is something we really want people to enjoy. Also after the release of the game we will see how it goes and for example find out what kind of search options players will want and need and improve the situation. We don't really want to introduce the auctionhouse from the beginning because that is going to determine the economy system. So we want to improve it slowly and adjust it accordingly.


That seems to imply that they want to see how things go and let the economy develop organically before they implement the Auction House. before they adjust "the economy" "slowly" and "accordingly."


Fixed a possible conflation of "auction house" with "the economy." The only thing SE has said for certain about an AH is that they did not want one from the beginning... the subsequent sentence is extremely vague (probably due to translation) and has an unclear subject, but must refer to the economy system, not the AH. They could not, after all, "improve slowly and adjust accordingly" what is not implemented in the game.

Thus, in short, all we know about SE's stance from that quote is that they did not implement an auction house because it affects the economy. Whether "from the beginning" allows for the implementation of one a month later or not is only speculation, because SE has not made anything clear.

There is nothing in that quote that suggests that SE is doing this "before an auction house;" for all we know, there are no plans for an auction house now or ever.



Edited, Oct 21st 2010 3:52pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#70 Oct 21 2010 at 1:59 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,571 posts
ITEM SORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
____________________________


#71 Oct 22 2010 at 12:44 AM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
Just a bump as the maintenance is due to start soon
#72 Oct 22 2010 at 1:14 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
AmanoJ wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:

A conclusion of some extensive ZAM testing? Haha


Nope, a conclusion drawn from shared experience in-game and across several forums.


Either way, fact remains that you know better than to get used to how something works this early in the game's life. MMOs are all about balancing, and I have read enough of your posts now to know that you understand that fact very well. So, really, you know it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for a good while. Some changes will be good, some will be bad, and eventually something workable will be spit out the other end.
First couple months especially, a lot of stuff is going to get reworked. No sense fearing every single change, thinking it's going to ruin what you enjoyed most about something.


It's not so much a matter of fearing every single change. It's just a matter of being reminded as clear as day that SE hasn't lost their flair for stealth nerfing things in a way that makes them less enjoyable in order to address something that they could have done in other ways without undermining the entertainment value of the game. I've tried to consider all of the reasons why SE might have decided to apply their standard approach to nerfs to the crafting system and for every viable consideration there was another way they could have gone about it that would have preserved the process as entertaining while adjusting the outcome to suit what they're aiming for.

As an example, if SE felt that too many finished goods were entering the market, they would have been much better off to reduce yields from base recipes (ie. nuggets, cloth, etc.). Which is better? Having to do more of something that you enjoy because you're producing less each time you do it, or having to do more of something you've come to dislike because you're failing more than seems reasonable?

Hyanmen wrote:
blah blah blah typical troll garbage


Whattsa matter...get bant from BG again?
#73 Oct 22 2010 at 1:31 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
StrijderVechter wrote:
Uh, you can't even solo half of the blue monsters as it stands. Do you really want to start bringing red into this discussion?

I've never understood the mentality of FF MMO players that "It's a standard trash monster out in the world -- you can't expect to be able to kill it." Yet you never give reasons why as to your backwaters theology.


You've gotten to a point where you can't solo blue mobs anymore? Out of curiosity what rank is that? At 15 I'm still walking through them with zero risk and even able to take on red mobs solo when I'm prepared. I'm sure it turns around just like in FFXI but I haven't seen a difficult blue mob yet.

StrijderVechter wrote:
I hate to cherry-pick, but isn't that exactly what occured in FFXI? And...oh... I don't know? Every other MMO in existance that has normal and high quality items of the same thing? The NQ items always, always are nothing more than fodder for the HQ in such a system.

Oh yes guys: failing a synth rewards you.

Never forget that.


So far in FFXIV the end results of most complicated recipes are more valuable than the raw ingredients. This is because the sheer time it takes to either make every component or hunt them down is what the buyer is paying for. Just look at the number of synths it takes to make a bronze hauby. And yes, any system that allows you to churn out items will result in worthless NQs. But what if it takes you close to an hour to make one item (Bronze Hauby). You can bet people won't be willing to part with it for less than the raw material value.

And don't put words into my mouth. I never said failing a synth rewards you. I said a system in which there ARE fails rewards you more when you DO succeed. In one system you grind out hundreds of items you end up NPCing. In another you grind out many different components that eventually combine into a few final products which can be sold for profit. I think the latter is both more engaging, more "realistic", and more thought provoking. Anyone can buy 10 stacks of ingredients and hit "Synthesize 100 times" and go get lunch. Apparently not everyone is capable of a multi-component synthesis system.

Edit: Also, just as gil has to leave the game to prevent inflation, so does gear in order to prevent the over abundance (and devaluing) of gear. Since FFXIV doesn't have bind on equip there has to be another way to remove items from the economy. Botching is one such way. Just think, no failures means more competition when you're trying to sell your crafted gear. Chance of fails means less gear created for the same number of players which means less supply which means more profits. Just remember, your competitors fail just as many synths, on average, as you do.
First of all let me say that I agree with most of this excellent post but the part in bold.

FFXIV do have a bind on equip system, perhaps one of the most subtle systems of that sort, because if you want to sell a piece of equipment the first thing that you need is a crafter of the level required to repair it, otherwise you can't trade or bazaar it.

Once the average equipment require lvl 40-45 to be repaired it won't be as easy to get rid of it, and with the current money flow I can see people NPC gear rather than going through the ordeal of finding a crafter to repair it in order to sell it.

OP: I also hope the don't touch crafting again, I'm scared to try anything difficult every time after the maintenance.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#74 Oct 22 2010 at 1:35 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Whattsa matter...get bant from BG again?


Honestly, I don't know why I'm even here. This place is worse than during the FFXI days, and I have honestly no idea how that's even possible. At least in BG the criticism of the game is not based on ******** and butthurt.

Your bias is, once again, blinding you. Paired with your arrogance it is a sad combination.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#75 Oct 22 2010 at 1:42 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
Aurelius wrote:
... SE hasn't lost their flair for stealth nerfing things in a way that makes them less enjoyable in order to address something that they could have done in other ways without undermining the entertainment value of the game... for every viable consideration there was another way they could have gone about it that would have preserved the process as entertaining while adjusting the outcome to suit what they're aiming for.
Well stated.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#76 Oct 22 2010 at 1:43 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
Whattsa matter...get bant from BG again?


Honestly, I don't know why I'm even here. This place is worse than during the FFXI days, and I have honestly no idea how that's even possible. At least in BG the criticism of the game is not based on bullsh*t and butthurt.

Your bias is, once again, blinding you. Paired with your arrogance it is a sad combination.


The numbers don't lie, my friend. The numbers don't lie. You call it bias. You claim I'm in error. And in typical Hyanmen fashion, you back your accusations with a mountain of nothing. You haven't the credibility to challenge my statements without backing. If you could back your statements with more than smug stupidity I'd be happy to read what you had to say, but you never can. You just mouth off and think you're some kind of cool. Carry on then.
#77 Oct 22 2010 at 8:43 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
You've gotten to a point where you can't solo blue mobs anymore? Out of curiosity what rank is that? At 15 I'm still walking through them with zero risk and even able to take on red mobs solo when I'm prepared. I'm sure it turns around just like in FFXI but I haven't seen a difficult blue mob yet.


No, it's more the fact that you've made the blanket moronic statement that people shouldn't be able to solo reds (which they clearly can) and I made the statement that some of the blues you can't solo (which you can't) due to ****-poor mob strength placement and analysis.

1/10, try again.
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)