Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Outside looking in: Is FFXIV dead before it really startedFollow

#152 Oct 22 2010 at 11:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
ChoochZero wrote:
As I posted earlier, that info is before the SE announcement on 2 million. However, this could be questionable for sure, much like the disclaimer that always gets posted when Blizzard states "10 million players!"

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=17723

Take that as you will.


A) Blizzard is very careful to mention that those are the current numbers of active subscribers. With how popular the game is, no matter what you think of it, there's really no need to be jaded and try to call them out on reporting that.

B) Square-Enix announced the # of characters and not players. There's a major difference there.

No matter what I think of SE, I doubt they're lying about the numbers nor do I think Blizzard is as well. A milestone is a milestone for any online game and should be celebrated by the people that love it.

Edited, Oct 23rd 2010 1:06am by StrijderVechter
#153 Oct 23 2010 at 7:25 AM Rating: Good
ChoochZero wrote:
As I posted earlier, that info is before the SE announcement on 2 million. However, this could be questionable for sure, much like the disclaimer that always gets posted when Blizzard states "10 million players!"

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=17723

Take that as you will.


2 million active characters is != 2 million active players, because most players have a small stable of mules. Without checking to be certain, I'd wager that announcement happened right around the time of a Mog Bonanza, where people were in some cases maxing out the number of characters on their account in order to get the maximum number of entries.

2 million characters active is still a noteworthy milestone, but it has very little relation to overall subscriber numbers, which is the topic.


Edited, Oct 23rd 2010 9:27am by KarlHungis
#154 Dec 20 2010 at 11:02 PM Rating: Default
5 posts
This game is dead and wont make it much longer. hope all you forum trolls who wouldnt listen to reason apreciates your low unpopulated broken game. least if they had pvp people would be interested but instead they leaving cuzz they have nothing to do why they wait for our beloved SE to make everything right like they was soposed to do b4 release.
You all get what you had comin to you. hope you all like bein sppon fed crap cuzz thats all you gona get for next 2 years that it takes to fix this game.

if this game was anywhere near ready to be realeased then people would be able to answere these simple ingame questions.

Where is the AH?
How do i jump?
What button opens my inventory?
How do i replenish my mp.
Any1 wana duel?
How do i ride a horsechicken?
Why did i pay money for this game?
why are they giving us free months?
why did they fire their crew?

answere to all this is ffxi is dead. ffxiv was rushed to beat cata and failed. now every1 jumping ship just like ffxi.
SE will never learn.

PVP is a must
Endgame content is a must.
puting effort into makin your game enjoyable is a must.
Might as well have bought yourself a beta game cuzz thats what you have and i dont see it making it much farther past that.
ima end this with, I told you so, and HAHA
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#155 Dec 20 2010 at 11:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Yestopvp wrote:
This game is dead and wont make it much longer. hope all you forum trolls who wouldnt listen to reason apreciates your low unpopulated broken game. least if they had pvp people would be interested but instead they leaving cuzz they have nothing to do why they wait for our beloved SE to make everything right like they was soposed to do b4 release.
You all get what you had comin to you. hope you all like bein sppon fed crap cuzz thats all you gona get for next 2 years that it takes to fix this game.


Who are the trolls and you're digging up a 2 months old topic?? yea...

Quote:

Where is the AH?

Not there..
Quote:

How do i jump?


Twist your knees down to about a 60 degree angle with the vertical and spring yourself up, if you manage to get air born you have successfully jumped...I recommend trying it off the roof of a 8 story building first.

Quote:

What button opens my inventory?


Menu > Inventory (or did you need it a little easier?

Quote:

How do i replenish my mp?


Touch crystal, use Weapon skills, Tranquil, etc. etc.

Quote:

Any1 wana duel?


Not really.

Quote:

How do i ride a horsechicken?


Crossbreed your mom with a horse and you just might.

Quote:

Why did i pay money for this game?
why are they giving us free months?
why did they fire their crew?


why do you ask so many questions?

This said I agree the game is a mess atm but don't go around calling anyone a troll troll.



Edited, Dec 21st 2010 12:21am by SolidMack
____________________________
MUTED
1 2 3 4 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (26)