Everyone wearing broken gear because they can't remove their starting equipment without buying a replacement, which the NPCs sell for silly amounts of money and player-made items being impossible to find.
How much do the NPCs sell the undergarments for?
I actually planned on finally getting around to making some later tonite when i get home from work, but if the price isnt too too bad I may rather save the mats. =P Edited, Oct 22nd 2010 2:45pm by Faaeng
It's like 900-1000 gil. 700 some for top (female) 200 some bottom (female), im sure male is similar.
For me, Lack of an AH is one big one. But the most asinine infuriating thing is having to have mats made by rank x class that are 10-20 ranks higher then the ******* tool/weapon/armor I'm making. My rank 11 bsm hammer needs everything from a rank 21+ weaver to a rank 15+ woodworker to a rank 15+ BSM (yes..a rank 12 bsm tool needs a rank 15 BSM for its head..as does the Rank 7 BSM tool)... When I started, I made the mistake of choosing Marauder (never do that, pick glad and buy a **** axe) as such I was forced to run around in my bra for 11+ ranks.
I initially looked into making a tunic.. only to find out that a rank one tunic needs mats from rank 6+ weavers, 10+ weavers, 15+ leather workers, and 10+ alchemists...
Repair/gear damage related:
- Having all of my non crafting gear damaged while crafting or gathering
- Having to repair so **** often
- Having to make 'unequip all - equip all' macros because of that
- Having to repair items myself or seek other players to repair them to 100%
- Having to only repair jewelry myself or seek other players
- Failing miserably while crafting recipes I could easily craft at low ranks - on much higher crafting ranks
- "Obtaining" recipes which aren't listed anywhere in my log, while being able to craft items without recipes in the first place
- Having to click multiple times, through multiple screens to even get to the crafting minigame
- Miss-clicking rapid synthesis because the craft options didn't scroll to the top after choosing a craft skill at bottom
- Having to play in windowed mode all the time when I craft to be able to check recipes, materials, components or having to write them all down to their basic forms on paper. Which I haven't done since the 80's for a game
World design related:
- Being almost forced to stay in one starting area, limiting my progress options, versus running out of anima, versus running and falling asleep while doing so, from zone to zone
- Dying on purpose in order to be able to return to a camp for 0 anima, versus running (my travel technique is evolving :P )
- Making the zones outside cities huge but with little diversity, almost generic, and killing my will to explore the world. Sure it's pretty but I don't care for more of the same behind the big rock in the distance.
- Making the Black Shroud map a maze dungeon with corridors
- Walking straight from a desert type zone (Thanalan) into a lush green forest type (Black Shroud)
- NPC populated areas feeling lifeless (even with players cramped around NPCs or big city squares looking like robots on 'stand-by')
- Having no clue about Eorzea or the world I play in, unless I read from 3rd party ressources
Market Wards/AH/Item accessibility related:
- Almost everything in general, pretty much hurts my brain still and makes me avoid that aspect of the game entirely
- Locking onto a mob that runs away, even if I expect it to, and instantly wanting to chase after it and then, while still locked, running into a tree or a pebble, furthering the distance and failing to nuke the fleeing mob one more time to kill it
- Not seeing what or who or how I'm fighting during leves where there's, for example, 3 more players doing the same, with double the mobs they're killing ---> /aoe on ---> pray
- Failing a leve I boosted to 1400 or so guild marks or over 20k gil because the game decided it was a good time to crash
- Being kicked out of party if I crash
- Friend assisting the leve still having my leve, the one that I lost when I crashed & was kicked out of the party
- Leve ratings (stars) not being accurate enough tricking me into death :O
- Being a high physical level and half the rank on main class, making mobs show to me in lower difficulty colour, blue, and skilling up painfully slow on those due to the big physical level - rank difference (or so I was told)
- Dodos in general now give me no SP, and it's only them, regardless of their rank .... now this one really confuses me. Why do the fat birds hate me? :(
- Sometimes earning SP, sometimes not, on same leves, same rank, same dificulty and mob colour - in term making me waste guardian aspect
- Making me be a ***** and use basic attack to skill up faster
- Tricking me into thinking that if I can do leves rank 20 - I can kill the mobs around that camp out of leves too
So, it's a long list of stuff that I can't or couldn't wrap my head around, and I'm sure there's more. I still enjoy playing FFXIV oddly enough :D no matter the WTH-factor of some issues or the sheer frustration some of the features hold.
But.... from my own experience, and limiting it only to myself, FFXIV is now best consumed in short intervals, multiple times a day - instead of long hours continually.
Agreed on all points