Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

The Perfect Fix for the survival of FFXIV...Follow

#1 Oct 22 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Sub-Default
33 posts
I hear alot of people saying how bad it is or fit this or fix that... Yes it has its issues as does alot of games. FFXIV was just released via retail last week or so. And the Beta has been around alittle longer.
As it stands now they are trying to fix the problems, and are taking feed back from everyone. Thing is most of you complain about a problem but offer no solution... Your dooming the game before it has a chance to breath. So I propose this...

Find a problem, come up with a solution, then write the code, summit it to SE. The team that built this game Im sure has their hands full trying to fix problems and trying to keep up with bad PR. So lend them a hand and start writing code... Shoot most of you have cracked cds and hacked games, just to get a free game. Now apply this to a game that has been loyal to all its Fans (excluding FF9) and help Build this...

Edited, Oct 22nd 2010 12:50pm by Mugensi93
#2 Oct 22 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
****
4,902 posts
why the @#%^ should we?
Not only do we have to pay to play we are also supposed to work and fix **** that isn't our job?

Edited, Oct 22nd 2010 12:53pm by ketrel
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#3 Oct 22 2010 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
**
284 posts
I think you fail to see the intent of this post. Sarcastically meant to tell folks to stop whining and ******** and either be patient or stop playing altogether. :)
#4 Oct 22 2010 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
**
411 posts
Even if someone was to do that, the devs would never use code given to them by "someone off the street".

Besides that, in order to add code to fix something in the game, we'd need to see the source to know how their code works....

Edited, Oct 22nd 2010 10:05am by Ravida
#5 Oct 22 2010 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
59 posts
leomike35 wrote:
I think you fail to see the intent of this post. Sarcastically meant to tell folks to stop whining and ******** and either be patient or stop playing altogether. :)

And why should we?
The "shut up or get out" attitude won't help the game survive either, it's crap, and should be called out for it, and often.
When they fix things, then we should also praise them for it, but always remembering that the things they are fixing are mainly their own fault in the first place.
Bugs are forgivable, as are imbalance issues and technical issues, horrible UI, even worse lag, and total lack of content are not (seriously, i'm supposed to be an adventurer, why am i massacring moles instead of going on epic adventures).
#6Mugensi93, Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 11:19 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) This is not a Shut up or get out... This is a Help fix it or just wait patently for them to fix the problems and stop running people off.
#7 Oct 22 2010 at 11:22 AM Rating: Excellent
**
603 posts
Mugensi93 wrote:
I hear alot of people saying how bad it is or fit this or fix that... Yes it has its issues as does alot of games. FFXIV was just released via retail last week or so. And the Beta has been around alittle longer.
As it stands now they are trying to fix the problems, and are taking feed back from everyone. Thing is most of you complain about a problem but offer no solution... Your dooming the game before it has a chance to breath. So I propose this...

Find a problem, come up with a solution, then write the code, summit it to SE. The team that built this game Im sure has their hands full trying to fix problems and trying to keep up with bad PR. So lend them a hand and start writing code... Shoot most of you have cracked cds and hacked games, just to get a free game. Now apply this to a game that has been loyal to all its Fans (excluding FF9) and help Build this...

[sm]Edited, Oct 22nd 2010 12:50pm by Mugensi93
[/sm]


I'm going to respond to this via analogy.

I go into a restaurant, I order a meal but it isn't quite right. Rather than waiting patiently for them to fix my order, I go home, spend several hours getting ingredients and preparing the meal just the way I like it, take it back to the restaurant, have them serve it to me, THEN pay for it.

I would like SquareEnix to cook for me, thank you very much.
#8 Oct 22 2010 at 11:32 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
If I do any coding for a game I'm paying to play...well that just doesn't make any sense.

If XIV was free and open source, yeah that would be different, but I'm not going to code to play something that I'm paying for, it should work in reverse. Hire me to code it for them. Win/win situation.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#9 Oct 22 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Decent
**
761 posts
Paying Square and then doing their job too...what an amazing idea!
____________________________
FFXI: Gonz on Titan

FFXIV: Ninja Wind on Besaid

WoW: Ninjawind on Andorhal-US

[ffxisig]137247[/ffxisig]


#10Mugensi93, Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 12:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well your Idea of complaining about it seems to help... I love all of your guys can do attitudes! There is an old saying "you never know til you try"...
#11 Oct 22 2010 at 12:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
473 posts
Gonzi wrote:
Paying Square and then doing their job too...what an amazing idea!



here i thought that was our role as paying beta's . . . . what?

did i miss something I can pay them money and fix the game?
should i just not make my own game?

anywho i agree with gonzi, I don't playing the game and can wait for it to grow
and see what happens at least until march. By then there will be a clear idea on the
direction of XIV
#12 Oct 22 2010 at 12:34 PM Rating: Excellent
*
108 posts
Super sweet idea! Let's reverse-engineer a copyrighted piece of software, make unauthorized modifications to it, and then tell the company!
#13 Oct 22 2010 at 12:36 PM Rating: Good
**
284 posts
Good times are on the way.
#14 Oct 22 2010 at 1:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
161 posts
This makes no sense why would we spend time doing code for SE to pay them for the privilege of playing the game we just helped code.



#15 Oct 22 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Unemployment rates are high. Here's a solution. Work for FREE to play a game you PAY for! You might want to go rethink your perspective on this, and perhaps go find out what "logic" is.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#16 Oct 22 2010 at 1:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
24 posts
and by the way your welcome for the bugs that have been fixed because plenty of us brought them to their attention. if all players had your attitude of bend over and take it the game would be worse off
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)