Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I want to be a whm... Follow

#1 Oct 23 2010 at 7:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
375 posts
Anyone else feel this way? Yeah you can cross class abilities to get all the spells needed to be a good white mage type player... but... with the way things are now... I'll never get a nice Mallet, and I'll never be able to hit things with it. That was my fav part of being a white mage in XI, the Mallet...

I really hope to see more iconic FF things soon. I love this game so much, and I think it is amazing. But I dont feel like I am playing Final Fantasy. I feel like I am playing a Good MMO.
____________________________
FFXIV- Laell Orias Conjurer
Server- Besaid

"But Phillip... he's a girl crab.
#2 Oct 23 2010 at 7:34 PM Rating: Excellent
*
228 posts
OddlerJiub wrote:
Anyone else feel this way? Yeah you can cross class abilities to get all the spells needed to be a good white mage type player... but... with the way things are now... I'll never get a nice Mallet, and I'll never be able to hit things with it. That was my fav part of being a white mage in XI, the Mallet...

I really hope to see more iconic FF things soon. I love this game so much, and I think it is amazing. But I dont feel like I am playing Final Fantasy. I feel like I am playing a Good MMO.


R.I.P. Condom hat.
____________________________
Quote:
Pikko wrote:
Quote:
sideways wrote: (really Pikko?)

Oh go stuff that thread up your ***. Did you even READ that post?
[...]
I mean, excuuuuse me for trying to make people PLAY NICE.


^ Second best forum mod smack down *ever*.
#3Poubelle, Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 7:34 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i feel like im playing a good mmo thats still in alpha stage
#4 Oct 23 2010 at 9:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
327 posts
Poubelle wrote:
i feel like im playing a good mmo thats still in alpha stage

oh wait im not really playing because its too boring to log into for very long

Edited, Oct 23rd 2010 9:35pm by Poubelle


Way to not answer the question jerk.
____________________________
FFXI: [Asura] "Midou" (PLD) || FFXIV: [Bodhum] "Midou Lii" (???) || EVEOnline: "Thion Li"


#5 Oct 23 2010 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
How can you guys even know all the combinations that are avalible? Are there anyone that play an mmo without looking up everything and plan theire playtime according to it?

No wonder MMO:s are about to die....people sees it like an job instead of a game.

#6 Oct 23 2010 at 10:18 PM Rating: Default
*
156 posts
I started a thread that died pretty fast talking about this. The classes seem generic and well, bland, at least to me. I miss the iconic days of whm blm war rng pld blu nin,I miss the iconic days i think idk the game is good but it is missing something and thats the only thing i can think of
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#7 Oct 23 2010 at 10:21 PM Rating: Decent
*
105 posts
I'd like to be a hot chick with a 36C rack and firm ***.

It's not going to happen, I would suggest taking the same mindset.
#8 Oct 23 2010 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
*
156 posts
crushgroove wrote:
I'd like to be a hot chick with a 36C rack and firm ***.

It's not going to happen, I would suggest taking the same mindset.



Thats a fairly ,well, stupid mindset to have. The Op's gripe i find to be valid ...oh wait..... successful troll =)
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#9 Oct 23 2010 at 10:33 PM Rating: Decent
*
105 posts
I don't think using a poor analogy is considered trolling, but what do I know, I am an old guy.

It was meant more as comic relief for the poor guy who shall never wield, to his knowledge, a nice Mallet.

#10 Oct 23 2010 at 10:56 PM Rating: Default
*
156 posts
crushgroove wrote:
I don't think using a poor analogy is considered trolling, but what do I know, I am an old guy.

It was meant more as comic relief for the poor guy who shall never wield, to his knowledge, a nice Mallet.




LOl my bad then -bows- but without the ability to hear tone it did sound like you were saying like it or leave lol I apologize
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#11 Oct 23 2010 at 11:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
what i think sucks is that i doubt there will be very many high level "JSE" gear. like we will never see "holy caster" (whm, priest, wtfe) looking gear or anything else other than our basic classes, which neither of those classes are very defined in my terms. so everyone will be wearing the saaaame gear regardless of class (only slightly exadurating). well then again ive been seeing that anyway since beta.

if were meant to make our own classes, then why not look the part?
____________________________

#12 Oct 23 2010 at 11:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
It's not hard to imagine Iconic Image Gear in the future with the current system.

Healers Cowl
Favors: Conjurer
Optimal Rank: 60
"Improves Curing Magic"

Besides, Mallet/Hammer isn't the iconic White Mage weapon. If anything Staves would be the healers weapon, http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/jobs/whitemage.shtml

Edited, Oct 23rd 2010 11:56pm by dyvidd
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#13 Oct 24 2010 at 12:55 AM Rating: Good
**
464 posts
#14 Oct 24 2010 at 1:34 AM Rating: Decent
33 posts
SOLUTION!

Play FFXI, problem SOLVED! :D
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)