Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Is Anima broke?Follow

#1 Oct 24 2010 at 9:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
I needed to build up anima so I didn't teleport for over a week and just walked back/forth to camp. After 5 days I went from 6 to 29. I thought you got roughly 10 per 24hr. Am I wrong, broken, or are some other factors involved?
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#2 Oct 24 2010 at 10:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
I went from 20 something to 90 something in about a week and a half.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#3 Oct 24 2010 at 10:02 PM Rating: Excellent
You get 1 anima every 4 hours, which equals 6 per 24 hours.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#4 Oct 24 2010 at 10:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
Ah, okay. Thx Kaicho. ****, I really need to stop traveling for a month then.
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#5 Oct 24 2010 at 10:09 PM Rating: Good
dyvidd wrote:
Ah, okay. Thx Kaicho. ****, I really need to stop traveling for a month then.

Yeah, anima recovery is still a little slow for many people's tastes, but a good way to conserve it is to only teleport once or twice a day (if you average 6 anima per day you'll never run out). Plan out ahead of time where you're going to go that day for leves, etc. and only use the teleport when you have the greatest distance to travel (e.g. from Limsa to Gridania). I also take advantage of bloodwarping (free return!) when it is convenient to do so.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#6 Oct 24 2010 at 10:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Anima regen would be ok if they had chocobos and airships implemented so i don't think we'll see a change in this for the long term, maybe something short term though?
____________________________
MUTED
#7 Oct 24 2010 at 11:24 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Anima regen would be ok if they had chocobos and airships implemented so i don't think we'll see a change in this for the long term, maybe something short term though?


The devs recently said they're changing it by the end of the year. They're cutting the cost of the "Return" option in half (1 anima instead of 2) and adding a feature where you can set up to 3 "home points" and use the Return feature to travel to them. So as an example, you could set your home point at each of the three cities and travel between them for 1 anima any time you want. Or, to put a slightly different spin on it, it would save you 20 hours of recharge time to travel across regions based on the current cost of 6 anima/trip. That's just an example. From the sounds of things you'll be able to set your home points at any camp or city.
#8 Oct 25 2010 at 12:09 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
155 posts
Phh If I ever need a return teleport, I just go die. 0 Cost.
Death penalty is a joke. Weakened state for 3 min? Pshhh I can do that. lmao

When that update comes setting the 3 homepoints will be a easy choice. Gridania, Ul'Dah and Limsa.
Where else would you want to set them? =P

Edited, Oct 25th 2010 2:12am by Faaeng
____________________________
*Thievery* is not a job, but a lifestyle.
Now, let us show you how we live.
#9 Oct 25 2010 at 12:12 AM Rating: Good
**
608 posts
Quote:
Death penalty is a joke.


OH **** you just messed it up, now SE is gonna add a horrible penlty !!
#10 Oct 25 2010 at 12:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
155 posts
mitmystria wrote:
Quote:
Death penalty is a joke.


OH sh*t you just messed it up, now SE is gonna add a horrible penlty !!

lmao sorry ;)
____________________________
*Thievery* is not a job, but a lifestyle.
Now, let us show you how we live.
#11 Oct 25 2010 at 1:30 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Faaeng wrote:
Phh If I ever need a return teleport, I just go die. 0 Cost.
Death penalty is a joke. Weakened state for 3 min? Pshhh I can do that. lmao

When that update comes setting the 3 homepoints will be a easy choice. Gridania, Ul'Dah and Limsa.
Where else would you want to set them? =P


Death porting is retarded. Always was, always will be. Says a lot about the way a game is tuned that people would rather go gank themselves to get home quicker than they would make use of the resources available to them.

Keep in mind that the game won't always revolve around the three cities we have access to now. We're only making use of maybe 1/2 of the continent right now, with good reason to believe that Ishgard will be the "new Jeuno". Also, with the addition of more leves it's entirely possible that people will focus on one region and have their return points set to the more remote camps for easier travel to and from when doing regional leves.
#12 Oct 25 2010 at 1:37 AM Rating: Excellent
*
228 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Faaeng wrote:
Phh If I ever need a return teleport, I just go die. 0 Cost.
Death penalty is a joke. Weakened state for 3 min? Pshhh I can do that. lmao

When that update comes setting the 3 homepoints will be a easy choice. Gridania, Ul'Dah and Limsa.
Where else would you want to set them? =P


Death porting is retarded. Always was, always will be. Says a lot about the way a game is tuned that people would rather go gank themselves to get home quicker than they would make use of the resources available to them.

Keep in mind that the game won't always revolve around the three cities we have access to now. We're only making use of maybe 1/2 of the continent right now, with good reason to believe that Ishgard will be the "new Jeuno". Also, with the addition of more leves it's entirely possible that people will focus on one region and have their return points set to the more remote camps for easier travel to and from when doing regional leves.



It's not a new idea, Ghetto porting was pretty common in XI when I played...especially with mijin gokur (looong time since I played.. I probably butchered that spelling).
____________________________
Quote:
Pikko wrote:
Quote:
sideways wrote: (really Pikko?)

Oh go stuff that thread up your ***. Did you even READ that post?
[...]
I mean, excuuuuse me for trying to make people PLAY NICE.


^ Second best forum mod smack down *ever*.
#13 Oct 25 2010 at 2:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
155 posts
If there was any kind of real death penalty I most likely wouldnt do it, but seeing as their isnt, why wouldn't I?
Why would you want to use your anima which recovers 1 every 4 hours to return home when you can just die and return for free saving that anima for when you really need to use it for a teleport? Retarded? Like it or not, I think its the more intelligent choice personally.....

As for the 3 cities not being the focal point of XIV, I agree. They are currently but as the game progresses I highly doubt they will be, but how much of the game world do you honestly think S/E will allow us access to by the time the patch comes out? Until more of the world is made available to us, the 3 citys will more then likely be everyones 3 choices.

Question is, once you set your choices, are you ever able to change them and how often?
As you progress in the game world you will eventually come across new places (I would hope) and would eventually like to change your choices. However if they allow us to change it to often, whats to stop us from changing it to 3 dif places whenever we want to teleport?

Edited, Oct 25th 2010 4:10am by Faaeng
____________________________
*Thievery* is not a job, but a lifestyle.
Now, let us show you how we live.
#14 Oct 25 2010 at 2:53 AM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
Reducing the Return cost to 1 is kindof dumb, since 1 anima still equals 4 hours. As was already mentioned, getting yourself killed is a better way of getting "home". It's not going to take me 4 hours to find a mob to kill me, but it will take that long to regenerate the 1 anima Return will cost. It should be 0. That's the only way it would get used.

You should also be able to use the aetheryte crystals to port in-zone for half cost. So if I'm at Limsa Lominsa and want to go to Camp Skull Valley, I should be able to use the crystal to port up there for only 2 anima, rather than 4.

I don't see why they're taking so long to implement these anima changes. The return change could be done quite easily in less than half an hour since it's just changing a value of 2 to a value of 1. As for the 3 favorites, it will take longer for them to build that system, but for now why not just halve the cost of teleporting to the 3 cities? Afterall, it's fairly obvious that's what most players will use the favorites for.

They could change those values in a single day and save the players a lot of wasted time and frustration. To put it off so long seems rather thoughtless towards the players, to expect them to just 'deal with it' for the next 1-2 months.

Edited, Oct 25th 2010 4:54am by theweenie
#15 Oct 25 2010 at 3:01 AM Rating: Excellent
*
204 posts
I really hope they add other forms of transportation soon. We really wouldn't need any adjustments to the anima system if we could ride chocobos or carriages or something. If they adjust it too much, by the time we finally get chocobos no one will ride them if instantly teleporting is more convenient. Even just an automated travel system that's not necessarily fast would be nice so that you can set it to go and then take a break, rather than controlling your character for the whole walk.

Aurelius wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
Anima regen would be ok if they had chocobos and airships implemented so i don't think we'll see a change in this for the long term, maybe something short term though?


The devs recently said they're changing it by the end of the year. They're cutting the cost of the "Return" option in half (1 anima instead of 2) and adding a feature where you can set up to 3 "home points" and use the Return feature to travel to them. So as an example, you could set your home point at each of the three cities and travel between them for 1 anima any time you want. Or, to put a slightly different spin on it, it would save you 20 hours of recharge time to travel across regions based on the current cost of 6 anima/trip. That's just an example. From the sounds of things you'll be able to set your home points at any camp or city.
Actually the costs for the three "favorites" is going to be halved, which we can assume means 2 within the same region and 3 for going to another region since they're 4 and 6 now.

Faaeng wrote:
As for the 3 cities not being the focal point of XIV, I agree. They are currently but as the game progresses I highly doubt they will be, but how much of the game world do you honestly think S/E will allow us access to by the time the patch comes out? Until more of the world is made available to us, the 3 citys will more then likely be everyones 3 choices.
That depends on how much you personally need to travel to all three cities. Once you get to rank 23 you can do rank 30 regional leves, and there are two aetherial gates per region for these. That means six leves that can be undertaken from the same city. I could see people choosing a favorite in the further camp so that it only costs them 3 anima to get there instead of 5, if all they are focusing on is battlecraft leves. Crafters may be more inclined to use all three cities due to the random factor involved in their leves.
____________________________
The More You Know 三☆
#16 Oct 25 2010 at 7:17 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
dyvidd wrote:
I needed to build up anima so I didn't teleport for over a week and just walked back/forth to camp. After 5 days I went from 6 to 29. I thought you got roughly 10 per 24hr. Am I wrong, broken, or are some other factors involved?


You get one per four hours, six in a 24 hour period. There is no factor other than the passage of wall clock time. Assuming you accidentally added a day into what was actually a four day period pretty much accounts for it all.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#17 Oct 25 2010 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
*
105 posts
I've still got 80+ Anima, but I run most places or buy for 5k.

Another way to be awesome is to lock on to another player running the roads and hit auto run, it will auto follow them.

I'd advise not venturing off for too long while doing this, I ended up stuck on a ledge in the middle of nowhere once.
#18 Oct 25 2010 at 8:00 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
76 posts
crushgroove wrote:
I've still got 80+ Anima, but I run most places or buy for 5k.

Another way to be awesome is to lock on to another player running the roads and hit auto run, it will auto follow them.

I'd advise not venturing off for too long while doing this, I ended up stuck on a ledge in the middle of nowhere once.


Auto Follower will lost his target if his target changed gear. I always run auto follower into Antlings by doing this XD.
#19 Oct 25 2010 at 9:20 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
TheMoreYouKnow wrote:
Actually the costs for the three "favorites" is going to be halved, which we can assume means 2 within the same region and 3 for going to another region since they're 4 and 6 now.


Ahh, yes. I stand corrected. I just re-read the entry. That doesn't sound quite so appealing. At least with the new scaling, you'd be able to visit all three cities and have enough anima restored by the next leve reset to do it all again without running a deficit.
#20 Oct 25 2010 at 9:47 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
Call me strange but I would rather SE implement transports, like chocobos and airships, then reduce the cost of anima.
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#21 Oct 25 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
**
519 posts
thanks to the jinx watch a stealth patch "adjusted death penalty, player loses 1 rank of his current job upon death"
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#22 Oct 25 2010 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
55 posts
i thought gear damage was a part of death penalty...
#23 Oct 25 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
dyvidd wrote:
Call me strange but I would rather SE implement transports, like chocobos and airships, then reduce the cost of anima.


Can't say I disagree with you, but it's a little easier to tweak a half dozen or so numerical values than it is to implement chocobos and airships. Remember: airships in XI weren't available until you were rank 5 or came up with an obscene amount of gil (for its time). And chocobos weren't available until you got to Jeuno. Rank 5 was something you got at around level 50. We don't have access to XIV's "Jeuno" yet. I kind of get the impression everyone is thinking that all SE is going to do is add them and then it'll be as simple as running over to the chocobo stables or an airship dock and you'll be able to use them. This is SE we're talking about here. Expect quests, rank requirements, and or substantial amounts of gil.

Based on that, I'll take the anima reduction as a tidy stop-gap.
#24 Oct 25 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
*
95 posts
Faaeng wrote:
Question is, once you set your choices, are you ever able to change them and how often?
As you progress in the game world you will eventually come across new places (I would hope) and would eventually like to change your choices. However if they allow us to change it to often, whats to stop us from changing it to 3 dif places whenever we want to teleport?


I'm guessing that there's probably going to be some sort of cooldown on redesignating your favorite teleport locations. Kind of like with reassigning stat points, but probably with a more lengthy timer so that the system won't be exploited.
____________________________
FFXIV Server: Masamune
Character: Biggs Beoulve
Jobs: 50 PLD, 50 WAR, 50 DRG
#25 Oct 25 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
BiggsBeoulve wrote:
I'm guessing that there's probably going to be some sort of cooldown on redesignating your favorite teleport locations. Kind of like with reassigning stat points, but probably with a more lengthy timer so that the system won't be exploited.

I don't think they need a timer. They will probably make it so that you can only designate a location as favorite at the crystal itself.
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#26 Oct 25 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
155 posts
JamesX wrote:
BiggsBeoulve wrote:
I'm guessing that there's probably going to be some sort of cooldown on redesignating your favorite teleport locations. Kind of like with reassigning stat points, but probably with a more lengthy timer so that the system won't be exploited.

I don't think they need a timer. They will probably make it so that you can only designate a location as favorite at the crystal itself.

Actually, yeah. That would work really well.
____________________________
*Thievery* is not a job, but a lifestyle.
Now, let us show you how we live.
#27 Oct 26 2010 at 11:45 AM Rating: Default
*
83 posts
Why dont they just reset the anima each week, so you get 100 anima to spend each week with no regeneration what so ever, but at least it completely resets each week.
#28 Oct 26 2010 at 1:04 PM Rating: Default
*
64 posts
deathport is useless if you are a mage or do guildleves since it autosets your homepoint to aetheryte.
#29 Oct 27 2010 at 3:08 PM Rating: Default
*
115 posts
when do they reset the anima?
#30 Oct 27 2010 at 4:37 PM Rating: Decent
**
421 posts
theweenie wrote:
I don't see why they're taking so long to implement these anima changes. The return change could be done quite easily in less than half an hour since it's just changing a value of 2 to a value of 1. As for the 3 favorites, it will take longer for them to build that system, but for now why not just halve the cost of teleporting to the 3 cities? Afterall, it's fairly obvious that's what most players will use the favorites for.

They could change those values in a single day and save the players a lot of wasted time and frustration. To put it off so long seems rather thoughtless towards the players, to expect them to just 'deal with it' for the next 1-2 months.



I was wondering the same thing myself. Then I realized the timing... They said they'd be lowering the cost of Anima right about the same time the extra free month ends. So basically "Yeah, we'll let you port for cheaper... once you start paying for our game! Mwuahahahaha!!"
____________________________
Ashlar Calidan, Paladin of Unicorn
Ashlar Korith, Gladiator of Trabia
"If by my death your life might be spared, then so be it."
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)