Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

No Eng Partys... at allFollow

#1 Oct 25 2010 at 2:32 PM Rating: Default
*
64 posts
Why have so few english players understood that large parties = large skill bonus? been checking the recruit option for more than a week rank ranges 1-30 and never ever a real english skill party. Tons of JP tho. And they are like rank 40-49 atm.

What is the problem here? Eng players only want to solo? They don't understand that there is a large skill bonus in big parties? They don't understand that an MMO is meant to be played in a group? They don't understand how the party recruit option works?

What?

I know there are at least 3000 eng players on my server but everyone is slooowly solo grinding blue mobs.

I can't read any JP (unless they write in romaji then I understand 50%)

half the parties say they are LS only. the other half are JP onry. and like 10% "tolerate" the random english pug-player.

bigger parties = mobs scale down their attacks. if you are 14 lvl 20's you can fight a 40 mob without the tank getting oneshotted (like he would doing it solo) Thus is why they also change colors depending on party size. I really wish SE would explain this to the community NOW. They did a good job telling us about the skill bonus in parties on lodestone the other day. Too little too late I think tho. Most Eng players already have given up due to the crappy solo grind.

A bigger problem than the party interface (I agree it's not user friendly but I have no problems with it except it being empty) is that nowhere in the entire 10-30 gameplay does the game suggest you to party. In wow you had to have a group to do instances and group quests. In FFXI you couldn't effectively go past lvl 10 without a party. Ppl understood this and adapted, they joined parties. But this game is another beast entirely. They wanted to make it solo-friendly. Well, this design also meant that there is no instruction or incentive to party play!

They have to do something like this: a new category of Party Battlecraft leves (on a separate cooldown) that FORCES players to have at least 5 players in party. The rewards should be a lvl appropriate weapon or armor. Spamming the market with gil is just a very dumb idea, everyone that has understood anything about free markets and economics know about this.

SE has to show players: This is how you party, this is how you get party skill bonus, this is why you need internet and a monthly fee to play this game in the first place.
#2 Oct 25 2010 at 2:47 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
48 posts
Quote:
half the parties say they are LS only. the other half are JP onry. and like 10% "tolerate" the random english pug-player.


^ That is a total of 110%...

Jk anyways, your best bet right now is to join a LS, it seems like most people are running parties within the LSs so far. It shouldn't be like that, but until the party system is improved, this might be the best way.
____________________________
Accumulating bad luck... One day at a time
#3 Oct 25 2010 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
I don't think it's always quite so simple as you make it out to be. Personally, I'm fully aware that you can get more SP in a party than in a group. You can also have your good time rained on by retards and morons. Most of the parties I've joined since CE launch have been ridiculous. No structure or organization and consequently you wind up with people dying on an altogether too frequent basis and once you start with a steady stream of players running back from the aetheryte, it just starts to go downhill from there. When I've joined as a tank I barely even target a mob and some numpty is going bawls out dps on it. Bonus points if they can do like in FFXI where 2 people in a party of 6 each pull their own mob to play with. That's always a hoot. I've joined as damage with THM and get ******* out for not healing so I lob a heal and pull aggro because the ******* tank is trying to work a taunt/provoke rotation instead of actually tanking and when 10 seconds of glued mob turns into 10 seconds of waiting through cooldowns it all goes to ****.

In short, I could give a rat's *** about SP gain. Imma let the scrubs and numpties learn how to play for a while and I'm content to solo and ***** about crafting in the meantime.
#4 Oct 25 2010 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
outzaidurz wrote:
bigger parties = mobs scale down their attacks. if you are 14 lvl 20's you can fight a 40 mob without the tank getting oneshotted (like he would doing it solo) Thus is why they also change colors depending on party size.


Not true at all, mob TP moves that one shot you solo are still going to one shot you in party; any mage can attest to that. The only difference is, in a party you are getting buffed and healed. The strength of the mob does not get scaled whatsoever.
#5 Oct 25 2010 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
*
237 posts
Mobs scale there attacks down when you pile more people on it?
I get hit the same from ants and crabs despite being in a PT or not, only diff is i'm buffed or healed when i'm in a PT.
their color changes not to show you they scale down in difficulty. It changes because you have overwhelming strength as a PT and should be able to kill it.

Edited, Oct 25th 2010 2:05pm by SevenLittleChipmunks

Edited, Oct 25th 2010 2:06pm by SevenLittleChipmunks
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#6 Oct 25 2010 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:
Mobs scale there attacks down when you pile more people on it?


No. And there's no way in **** a party of "14 level 20s" can fight a level 40 mob.
#7 Oct 25 2010 at 3:15 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
please support my "please fix the party search system" thread in the feedback forum:

http://www.zam.com/forum.html?forum=173&mid=1287276676117137497&page=1
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#8 Oct 25 2010 at 3:35 PM Rating: Decent
**
370 posts
I suppose we should give SE credit that in FFXIV there is a lot of things to do and it would seem, for most, grouping is at the bottom of the list.
____________________________
Thaumaturge/Archer/Marauder
http://xivpads.viion.co.uk/?id=1847776
Moogle Inc linkshell
http://www.moogleinc.com
Stand in front of me fool...I am a Thaumaturge
#9 Oct 25 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
I love grouping so far in XIV

I would strongly suggest people group and if you are looking to group I would encrourage just heading to your local aetheryte and asking people in that area. I've been asked a few times but it would be nice to be able to flag up
and people can easily search and see you are in level range and looking to group.

I think that's the biggest obstacle to grouping at the moment and I think most would agree.
#10 Oct 25 2010 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Aurelius wrote:
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:
Mobs scale there attacks down when you pile more people on it?


No. And there's no way in **** a party of "14 level 20s" can fight a level 40 mob.


Yes they can, Punishing Barb and zerg. Some people down Morbol this way.
____________________________




#11 Oct 25 2010 at 3:52 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Speeral wrote:
I love grouping so far in XIV

I would strongly suggest people group and if you are looking to group I would encrourage just heading to your local aetheryte and asking people in that area. I've been asked a few times but it would be nice to be able to flag up
and people can easily search and see you are in level range and looking to group.

I think that's the biggest obstacle to grouping at the moment and I think most would agree.


support my thread in the feedback forum!
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#12 Oct 25 2010 at 3:53 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Khornette wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:
Mobs scale there attacks down when you pile more people on it?


No. And there's no way in **** a party of "14 level 20s" can fight a level 40 mob.


Yes they can, Punishing Barb and zerg. Some people down Morbol this way.


Okay, let me amend that. There's no way in a **** a party of 14 level 20s are going to straight up fight a rank 40 mob without resorting to retarded tactics like zerging.

That better?

Edited, Oct 25th 2010 2:53pm by Aurelius
#13 Oct 25 2010 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
Black Efts are 40-43, parties of less than 14 around mid 20s frequently EXP off them.
#14 Oct 25 2010 at 3:56 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Black Efts are 40-43, parties of less than 14 around mid 20s frequently EXP off them.


How do you know they're 40-43? Has a rank 38+ player gone and found some of them to be orange?
#15 Oct 25 2010 at 3:58 PM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
Aurelius wrote:
sylph19 wrote:
Black Efts are 40-43, parties of less than 14 around mid 20s frequently EXP off them.


How do you know they're 40-43? Has a rank 38+ player gone and found some of them to be orange?


I'm fairly certain YG data is mined off DATs.
#16 Oct 25 2010 at 3:59 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
sylph19 wrote:
Black Efts are 40-43, parties of less than 14 around mid 20s frequently EXP off them.


How do you know they're 40-43? Has a rank 38+ player gone and found some of them to be orange?


I'm fairly certain YG data is mined off DATs.


It's not. Crafting recipes and mob levels are adjusted daily on that site as players find out what the real values are. Until you see a comment for that particular mob/recipe, assume all values as placeholders.
#17 Oct 25 2010 at 4:06 PM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
Aurelius wrote:
It's not. Crafting recipes and mob levels are adjusted daily on that site as players find out what the real values are. Until you see a comment for that particular mob/recipe, assume all values as placeholders.


Well I have no reason to doubt the levels given. I use that list to find what mobs our party can EXP off and it has always been accurate.
Why is it so suprising that you can kill mobs 20 levels above you anyway? It's all arbitrary, nothing says you can only handle mobs +10 levels of your party or you'll get wiped; when you can solo mobs 5-8 levels above you.

Quote:
yeah that is why their recipe skill levels are wrong wrong wrong....

I don't really want to come off here like I'm defending YG or something but really, maybe they are just not accessible? Could just be that the data is completely server side. You have to consider where they are getting the item pictures and stats in the first place, items that no one is able to make are displayed; these are mined.
Regarding the mob levels, they've been there since forever and no one has ever changed/updated them. They've been accurate (in range) for mobs that no one was killing a month ago.

Edited, Oct 25th 2010 6:16pm by sylph19
#18 Oct 25 2010 at 4:07 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
sylph19 wrote:
Black Efts are 40-43, parties of less than 14 around mid 20s frequently EXP off them.


How do you know they're 40-43? Has a rank 38+ player gone and found some of them to be orange?


I'm fairly certain YG data is mined off DATs.


yeah that is why their recipe skill levels are wrong wrong wrong....
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#19 Oct 25 2010 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Well, TBH, did you think that maybe a lot of people who are playing just don't have time for parties? I don't :( Which is why my husband and I are just going to solo grind together, granted it maybe slow, but again time is of the essence for us. It's just faster for us to get on, do our leves for 2.5 hours then log off and a few days later we'll take it from there. We just seriously don't have time to try partying or even join a LS. We have our own LS :P just no one in it :)

Maybe that is the same for many English players? IDK, I havn't interacted with people on my server. Just a thought!
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#20 Oct 25 2010 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
It's not. Crafting recipes and mob levels are adjusted daily on that site as players find out what the real values are. Until you see a comment for that particular mob/recipe, assume all values as placeholders.


Well I have no reason to doubt the levels given. I use that list to find what mobs our party can EXP off and it has always been accurate.
Why is it so suprising that you can kill mobs 20 levels above you anyway? It's all arbitrary, nothing says you can only handle mobs +10 levels of your party or you'll get wiped; when you can solo mobs 5-8 levels above you.

Quote:
yeah that is why their recipe skill levels are wrong wrong wrong....

I don't really want to come off here like I'm defending YG or something but really, maybe they are just not accessible? Could just be that the data is completely server side. You have to consider where they are getting the item pictures and stats in the first place, items that no one is able to make are displayed; these are mined.
Regarding the mob levels, they've been there since forever and no one has ever changed/updated them. They've been accurate (in range) for mobs that no one was killing a month ago.


Open beta rank cap was 30 and more than one person hit it. That means that anyone rank 30 could have run around cataloging mob ranks as those mobs turned yellow. And any mobs that weren't in the game or that weren't cataloged could have been assigned placeholder values.

The point is that there's no mechanic that scales down mob damage output to make them manageable in a party. What makes fights manageable in groups that you could do solo are the presence of healers. As long as you've got enough healers dropping big enough bombs to keep everyone alive, you've got yourself a group.

Think about it. How many mobs one-shot people for 2-3k (or more) when they were low levels bombing around? I know a Scout Vulture tagged me for 2k during OB. It's not that damage scales down when you're in a group, it's that damage scales down as your rank gets closer to that of the mob. Virtually every single mob currently in the game can be defeated solo by a player of the appropriate rank. For parties, you can afford to extend that by several ranks before players start getting one-shot, but the whole idea behind that is that you can soak the extra damage because you don't have to rely on your own individual ability to heal yourself.

One of my first parties during OB was a trio with all of us in the rank 8-12 range. We came across one of the crabs in La Noscea that, thanks to the wonky formulas SE uses, conned green to us. We decided to give it a go and it one shot each of us in turn. So unless efts hit like absolute pansies if you try to solo them at rank 40 or people are approaching them with four healers topping the tank up from near death to full every 3-4 seconds, it's not a rank 40 mob.
#21 Oct 25 2010 at 5:28 PM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Open beta rank cap was 30 and more than one person hit it. That means that anyone rank 30 could have run around cataloging mob ranks as those mobs turned yellow. And any mobs that weren't in the game or that weren't cataloged could have been assigned placeholder values.

The point is that there's no mechanic that scales down mob damage output to make them manageable in a party. What makes fights manageable in groups that you could do solo are the presence of healers. As long as you've got enough healers dropping big enough bombs to keep everyone alive, you've got yourself a group.

Think about it. How many mobs one-shot people for 2-3k (or more) when they were low levels bombing around? I know a Scout Vulture tagged me for 2k during OB. It's not that damage scales down when you're in a group, it's that damage scales down as your rank gets closer to that of the mob. Virtually every single mob currently in the game can be defeated solo by a player of the appropriate rank. For parties, you can afford to extend that by several ranks before players start getting one-shot, but the whole idea behind that is that you can soak the extra damage because you don't have to rely on your own individual ability to heal yourself.

One of my first parties during OB was a trio with all of us in the rank 8-12 range. We came across one of the crabs in La Noscea that, thanks to the wonky formulas SE uses, conned green to us. We decided to give it a go and it one shot each of us in turn. So unless efts hit like absolute pansies if you try to solo them at rank 40 or people are approaching them with four healers topping the tank up from near death to full every 3-4 seconds, it's not a rank 40 mob.


What do you mean there's no mechanic that scales down mob damage output?
A full party of players in their 20s have access to more skills and have more stat attributes; tanks have more defensive abilities, higher HP; mages have more debuffs and bigger/more heals. Are you really going to compare that with a trio of 8-12?

I don't see the reason to why you are so certain about things you say. Why are you so certain about what full parties in their 20s are capable of? Why are you so certain that YG data is wrong? How do you know mobs 20 levels above you must one shot you at all level ranges? Is it that unfathomable that as you level up fewer mobs one shot you?

Fact is, people exp on Black Efts in their 20s and information says that they are 40-43. It's just a arbitrary level range, it may be wrong but at this time I have no reason to doubt that.
#22 Oct 25 2010 at 5:34 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Aurelius wrote:
sylph19 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
It's not. Crafting recipes and mob levels are adjusted daily on that site as players find out what the real values are. Until you see a comment for that particular mob/recipe, assume all values as placeholders.


Well I have no reason to doubt the levels given. I use that list to find what mobs our party can EXP off and it has always been accurate.
Why is it so suprising that you can kill mobs 20 levels above you anyway? It's all arbitrary, nothing says you can only handle mobs +10 levels of your party or you'll get wiped; when you can solo mobs 5-8 levels above you.

Quote:
yeah that is why their recipe skill levels are wrong wrong wrong....

I don't really want to come off here like I'm defending YG or something but really, maybe they are just not accessible? Could just be that the data is completely server side. You have to consider where they are getting the item pictures and stats in the first place, items that no one is able to make are displayed; these are mined.
Regarding the mob levels, they've been there since forever and no one has ever changed/updated them. They've been accurate (in range) for mobs that no one was killing a month ago.


Open beta rank cap was 30 and more than one person hit it. That means that anyone rank 30 could have run around cataloging mob ranks as those mobs turned yellow. And any mobs that weren't in the game or that weren't cataloged could have been assigned placeholder values.

The point is that there's no mechanic that scales down mob damage output to make them manageable in a party. What makes fights manageable in groups that you could do solo are the presence of healers. As long as you've got enough healers dropping big enough bombs to keep everyone alive, you've got yourself a group.

Think about it. How many mobs one-shot people for 2-3k (or more) when they were low levels bombing around? I know a Scout Vulture tagged me for 2k during OB. It's not that damage scales down when you're in a group, it's that damage scales down as your rank gets closer to that of the mob. Virtually every single mob currently in the game can be defeated solo by a player of the appropriate rank. For parties, you can afford to extend that by several ranks before players start getting one-shot, but the whole idea behind that is that you can soak the extra damage because you don't have to rely on your own individual ability to heal yourself.

One of my first parties during OB was a trio with all of us in the rank 8-12 range. We came across one of the crabs in La Noscea that, thanks to the wonky formulas SE uses, conned green to us. We decided to give it a go and it one shot each of us in turn. So unless efts hit like absolute pansies if you try to solo them at rank 40 or people are approaching them with four healers topping the tank up from near death to full every 3-4 seconds, it's not a rank 40 mob.


It's still red at r30, so it's at least 34+
____________________________




#23 Oct 25 2010 at 5:49 PM Rating: Decent
*
237 posts
Aurelius wrote:
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:
Mobs scale there attacks down when you pile more people on it?


No. And there's no way in **** a party of "14 level 20s" can fight a level 40 mob.



That should have read with heavy skepticism. I don't know where the OP came up with that info.

As far as I'm concerned, having more people in the party only thing it does is gives you a SP bonus and cons the mob to your parties strength. meaning If a lv 30 crab is red to you solo it might be blue to a group of 6 rank 25's. However that crab will still hit you like a red lv 30 mob.
Maybe the OP misinterpreted SE's ask the devs. But he's misinforming the FFXIV community he's spouting this over on Bluegartr boards as well, who else knows where.


Edited, Oct 25th 2010 4:53pm by SevenLittleChipmunks
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#24 Oct 25 2010 at 5:58 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
I actually haven't had a problem getting parties. I just go to to where I think leveling could happen and shout a bit while I grind and eventually like XI I'll get an invite. I think the primary problem is that the method for getting a party isn't there yet. Not many are shouting in towns to put one together so you kind of have to just happen across one most the time. Some LS's are a bit stingy with the invites tho. It is detrimental to them to not have you if you are in their level range but hey, who said people were smart? Maybe the playerbase will wise up a bit.
#25 Oct 25 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
*
64 posts
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, having more people in the party only thing it does is gives you a SP bonus and cons the mob to your parties strength. meaning If a lv 30 crab is red to you solo it might be blue to a group of 6 rank 25's. However that crab will still hit you like a red lv 30 mob.


with 5 ppl it's barely noticeable but with 10+ ppl within the right level ranges it is very noticeable. sure, I don't have a statement from SE proving this but watching 15 member parties of lvl 20's taking down lvl 40-43 Black Efts all the time. 95% of them are JP's as usual (with level 20-38 gear, not great geared tanks).

this is only one of the things that JP players knew from day one and we still have to go on rumors and speculations? flaming ppl with new information left and right. I just had a huge argument with a random tard on the server where he claimed that skill only decreases in large parties.

it is very clear that the english community needs a lot more time to "mature" and absorb the information that is slooowly bleeding from SE. whilst the JP were running around with 15 member parties from rank 1 on day one smacking dodoes.

What really makes me laugh is when ppl complain about mob placement and mob levels. Why is there level 20-25 Aldgoat Nannys at a level 10 camp? I can't solo them! This game is flawed! Yeah, figure that one out by yourself.
#26 Oct 25 2010 at 6:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
outzaidurz wrote:
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, having more people in the party only thing it does is gives you a SP bonus and cons the mob to your parties strength. meaning If a lv 30 crab is red to you solo it might be blue to a group of 6 rank 25's. However that crab will still hit you like a red lv 30 mob.


with 5 ppl it's barely noticeable but with 10+ ppl within the right level ranges it is very noticeable. sure, I don't have a statement from SE proving this but watching 15 member parties of lvl 20's taking down lvl 40-43 Black Efts all the time. 95% of them are JP's as usual (with level 20-38 gear, not great geared tanks).


Black Eft didn't one shot me as a GOLDSMITH in some ATTIRE, actually nothing did except those Morbol/Gobbue and Peiste. Does that mean a lvl 20 tank in some Haubergeon has less Hp/Def than a Goldsmith who's not supposed to fight? No. Black Eft never oneshot a lvl 20, if they do, you're doing something wrong. Morbol vs pt of 14, Morbol did exact same damage as vs pt of 1. That's how people zerg Punishing Barb Morbol, because it's fun to see it getting self-owned.
____________________________




#27 Oct 25 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Decent
*
237 posts
outzaidurz wrote:
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, having more people in the party only thing it does is gives you a SP bonus and cons the mob to your parties strength. meaning If a lv 30 crab is red to you solo it might be blue to a group of 6 rank 25's. However that crab will still hit you like a red lv 30 mob.


with 5 ppl it's barely noticeable but with 10+ ppl within the right level ranges it is very noticeable. sure, I don't have a statement from SE proving this but watching 15 member parties of lvl 20's taking down lvl 40-43 Black Efts all the time. 95% of them are JP's as usual (with level 20-38 gear, not great geared tanks).

this is only one of the things that JP players knew from day one and we still have to go on rumors and speculations? flaming ppl with new information left and right. I just had a huge argument with a random tard on the server where he claimed that skill only decreases in large parties.

it is very clear that the english community needs a lot more time to "mature" and absorb the information that is slooowly bleeding from SE. whilst the JP were running around with 15 member parties from rank 1 on day one smacking dodoes.

What really makes me laugh is when ppl complain about mob placement and mob levels. Why is there level 20-25 Aldgoat Nannys at a level 10 camp? I can't solo them! This game is flawed! Yeah, figure that one out by yourself.



Gather 14 people together go fight an Eft. record how much damage you take.
Fight an Eft with a grp of six record how much dmg you take.
Fight and Eft solo record how much damage you take
Report back here with your findings.

If you take significantly less damage while in a 14 man grp as opposed to a 6 man PT or solo. Then I'm humbled and commend you on bringing this information forward. However until there is proof that being in a large party actually reduced the attack rating on a mob I'm sticking to what SE has stated about party play.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#28 Oct 25 2010 at 7:35 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
outzaidurz wrote:

I can't read any JP (unless they write in romaji then I understand 50%)


You can speak enough Japanese to understand half of everything that is said, but you can't read it at all? o_O
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#29 Oct 25 2010 at 7:37 PM Rating: Decent
**
462 posts
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:

Gather 14 people together go fight an Eft. record how much damage you take.
Fight an Eft with a grp of six record how much dmg you take.
Fight and Eft solo record how much damage you take
Report back here with your findings.

If you take significantly less damage while in a 14 man grp as opposed to a 6 man PT or solo. Then I'm humbled and commend you on bringing this information forward. However until there is proof that being in a large party actually reduced the attack rating on a mob I'm sticking to what SE has stated about party play.



^ This.

I've read no 'proof' about this.. and if it were true.. that would just make no sense to me at all..... How can mobs scale down like that?
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#30 Oct 25 2010 at 8:02 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
sylph19 wrote:

What do you mean there's no mechanic that scales down mob damage output?
A full party of players in their 20s have access to more skills and have more stat attributes; tanks have more defensive abilities, higher HP; mages have more debuffs and bigger/more heals. Are you really going to compare that with a trio of 8-12?


You're reaching. I'm talking about a mechanic that explicitly checks to see if you are in a party and if you are in a party and only because you are in a party, regardless of gear, abilities, or buffs, the damage you take will be less than if you are solo. There isn't one.
#31 Oct 25 2010 at 10:15 PM Rating: Decent
*
64 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
outzaidurz wrote:

I can't read any JP (unless they write in romaji then I understand 50%)


You can speak enough Japanese to understand half of everything that is said, but you can't read it at all? o_O


20 years of daily anime will have that side effect. yes.
#32 Oct 25 2010 at 11:28 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
outzaidurz wrote:

I just had a huge argument with a random tard on the server where he claimed that skill only decreases in large parties.

it is very clear that the english community needs a lot more time to "mature" and absorb the information that is slooowly bleeding from SE. whilst the JP were running around with 15 member parties from rank 1 on day one smacking dodoes.

What really makes me laugh is when ppl complain about mob placement and mob levels. Why is there level 20-25 Aldgoat Nannys at a level 10 camp? I can't solo them! This game is flawed! Yeah, figure that one out by yourself.



Yeah, I agree with you here - my experience (*not tested scientifically, but noticeable) has been that I get better experience regardless with a larger party - not because we were fighting harder mobs but I got more experience by adding people to the party fighting the exact same mobs. It was a noticeable difference with each person added to the party.

Still I've been soloing in Coerthas and asked to join people in my level range partying and they have refused because "there is already a conjurer" which is total crap because a conjurer can be a lot of different things - an enfeebling conjurer is not the same as a nuking or a healing conjurer. Party creation is stupidly flexible within the 5 Rank range.

Yet it is super hard to get people to party - even if you offer to teleport them to the camp.

And people are upset about the curves - and with random SP gain I will agree the curves suck monkey **** - but they are so much better with even the most motley party to roam Eorzea.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#33 Oct 25 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
364 posts
Is the party SP boost glitching in certain situations? I've been in several mid 20's parties fighting Efts in Deepcroft and Yarzon's in Mistbeard, but the SP procs (with 4-7 members) are actually worse than Duo (like 20-40's SP for a regular hit landing). I thought it might be the Damage:HP Ratio killing it, but the same was also true for the lower range of mobs in those zones that a party will murder in like 20 seconds. All the parties have actually disbanded quickly cause everyone complained of crappy SP.
#34 Oct 26 2010 at 12:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
462 posts
I just did little grinding with my LS with 10+ people...

There was no "Scaling down" of the mob damage.. as people slowly dribbled off.. the tank was taking the same damage since we started it with 10+ as he was when we were at 5 people...

So apparently that random "tard" you were arguing with was correct... I will say, that when we had the +10 people, there was much more healing and the mobs were dieing faster.. so if you're saying the difficulty scaled down at that point.. sure? but there is not a mechanic in the game as far as I can tell that makes the mob 'easier' simply because you're in a party...


____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)