Is there a city that the crafters are more likely to respond to you /shouts for work? Tried Grid and I recieved no response. Maybe I should head to LL or Ul'dah on the Corneilia server
Go to the guild for the class you need and ask around there. If you need an armorer, go to the armory in LL. If you need a goldsmith, go to the goldsmith guild in Ul'dah. That's your best bet to find a group of people who might be in a position to help you out.
The higher level crafters are all hanging out at their guilds because that's where they can access the higher level support needed for difficult synths / those synths that require support in recipe. The following has worked for me when I needed help making R25 items that were beyond mine or my LSs skills.
Guidelines for Requesting Help:
- Visit the appropriate guild to find a high level crafter for your recipe
- When you visit the guild, use /say (not /shout) and ask politely if anyone is willing to take a few minutes to help you.
- Try talking directly to a crafter of sufficient level for your recipe by name - you can use Check on people to see what level they are.
- Know the details of the recipe that you need help with in advance - look it up online first
- Bring all the mats/shards/crystals for your recipe
- Don't pester people who say no, don't respond, or are busy with other things. No means No.
- Tip generously, it generates good karma and goodwill - tipping with shards/crystals is often appreciated.
Thoughts on Requesting Repair:
- Track down your repair items in advance - buy extra
- If you can't buy the item, try and research it's cost
- Offer x2 or x3 of the repair item in exchange for repair, or offer x2/x3 gil for the repair items worth. You need to make it worth the crafter's time. They get very little skill up from helping you, unlike with higher level crafting requests.
- For higher level repairs seek out help in the appropriate guild
- Be polite when asking for help - use /say rather than /shout in the approriate location (guild, camp, or repair guy area) if you are at any of these places /shout will probably be ignored compared to /say Edited, Oct 27th 2010 1:48pm by NayliaMR