Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

WTF is with these mobs????Follow

#1 Oct 29 2010 at 3:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
62 posts
My girlfriend now laughs at me for playing this game, and here is why:

First time she watches me play, I am in a cave killing mole shrews. She watches for about 5 seconds and says "Is that a shrew you're killing? Do those even fight back?" I said yes they do and was insulted, because sadly it was the toughest thing I had fought at the time. She then asks "Why are you killing a shrew?" I had no idea. It was just sitting in this cave minding its own business and I decided to randomly attack it. At this moment I accidently hit a second shrew using an AoE attack. The two of them beat me to death, my girlfriend laughed, I cried.

A few days later I was in Limsa, killing some puk hatchlings. She walks by again, snickers and says "Are you killing shrews again, oh wait is that a rabbit this time?". I snapped back with "NO, it's a Puk Hatchling, which is pretty much a baby dragon!" She didn't seem impressed. She then came by 5 minutes later as I was killing a Plains rat. FML I hate this game.
#2 Oct 29 2010 at 3:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
LOL

I feel for ya. :(
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#3 Oct 29 2010 at 3:59 PM Rating: Good
Cyrus11 wrote:
My girlfriend now laughs at me for playing this game


You can always tell her that the shrews were injected by Al'Quida terrorists with a special syrum that causes them to eventually go insane and attempt to murder small Lalafell children, and the only way to rid them of this problem is to utterly destroy them by any means necessary.

Edit: "If Homeland Security can blame everything on Al'Quida, why can't I?"

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:00pm by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#4 Oct 29 2010 at 4:06 PM Rating: Good
26 posts
Hate to break this to a fellow gamer, but if your girlfriend is "watching you play video games" there is nothing you are gonna do that's going to impress her. All she is really thinking is, "Dork."

Doesn't matter what you are fighting or how funny you are on vent. Embrace your geekdom and beat your sheep with pride like the rest of us.

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:06pm by regularpony
#5RufuSwho, Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 4:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Sounds like a complaint that belongs in the compliants department.
#6 Oct 29 2010 at 4:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
62 posts
StateAlchemist2 wrote:
[quote=Cyrus11]You can always tell her that the shrews were injected by Al'Quida terrorists with a special syrum that causes them to eventually go insane and attempt to murder small Lalafell children


Actually on that note one time I was in Ul'dah and a Lalafell ran by and my gf asked "How can that baby run so fast?".

*sigh* she thinks this game is so rediculous...
#7 Oct 29 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
62 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
Sounds like a complaint that belongs in the compliants department.


Yeah except it's a joke thread meant to bring people laughs as a break from all the QQ'ing around here. Now take your sense of humourless *** out of my thread and go cry somewhere else nancy.
#8 Oct 29 2010 at 4:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
62 posts
regularpony wrote:
Hate to break this to a fellow gamer, but if your girlfriend is "watching you play video games" there is nothing you are gonna do that's going to impress her. All she is really thinking is, "Dork."

Doesn't matter what you are fighting or how funny you are on vent. Embrace your geekdom and beat your sheep with pride like the rest of us.

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:06pm by regularpony


Nah she plays Assassin's Creed 2 in the living room while I play this. She's over there sneaking up on people and slitting their throats while I hack marmots to death...

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:11pm by Cyrus11
#9 Oct 29 2010 at 4:14 PM Rating: Good
26 posts
Cyrus11 wrote:
regularpony wrote:
Hate to break this to a fellow gamer, but if your girlfriend is "watching you play video games" there is nothing you are gonna do that's going to impress her. All she is really thinking is, "Dork."

Doesn't matter what you are fighting or how funny you are on vent. Embrace your geekdom and beat your sheep with pride like the rest of us.

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:06pm by regularpony


Nah she plays Assassin's Creed 2 in the living room while I play this. She's over there sneaking up on people and slitting their throats while I hack marmots to death...

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:11pm by Cyrus11


Sounds like if you got yourself a middle eastern villager costume and she got a marmot suit, there's probably some pretty hot and violent roleplaying opportunities.
#10 Oct 29 2010 at 4:15 PM Rating: Decent
Cyrus11 wrote:
RufuSwho wrote:
Sounds like a complaint that belongs in the compliants department.


Yeah except it's a joke thread meant to bring people laughs as a break from all the QQ'ing around here. Now take your sense of humourless *** out of my thread and go cry somewhere else nancy.


...the new definition of pwned. I can always appreciate a good thread of comical musings to relive the tension of QQing, and bickering.
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#11 Oct 29 2010 at 4:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Cyrus11 wrote:
Nah she plays Assassin's Creed 2 in the living room while I play this. She's over there sneaking up on people and slitting their throats while I hack marmots to death...


Yeah well, those Marmots do Nutkick, so it's not like you're getting away unscathed.
#12 Oct 29 2010 at 4:16 PM Rating: Decent
regularpony wrote:
Cyrus11 wrote:
regularpony wrote:
Hate to break this to a fellow gamer, but if your girlfriend is "watching you play video games" there is nothing you are gonna do that's going to impress her. All she is really thinking is, "Dork."

Doesn't matter what you are fighting or how funny you are on vent. Embrace your geekdom and beat your sheep with pride like the rest of us.

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:06pm by regularpony


Nah she plays Assassin's Creed 2 in the living room while I play this. She's over there sneaking up on people and slitting their throats while I hack marmots to death...

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:11pm by Cyrus11


Sounds like if you got yourself a middle eastern villager costume and she got a marmot suit, there's probably some pretty hot and violent roleplaying opportunities.


Maybe I should make myself a marmot suit. ;)
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#13 Oct 29 2010 at 4:17 PM Rating: Decent
Pikko wrote:
Cyrus11 wrote:
Nah she plays Assassin's Creed 2 in the living room while I play this. She's over there sneaking up on people and slitting their throats while I hack marmots to death...


Yeah well, those Marmots do Nutkick, so it's not like you're getting away unscathed.


Yes. Yes, they do. ^^
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#14 Oct 29 2010 at 5:06 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
197 posts
Here you go: http://i54.tinypic.com/24vtdft.jpg


Edited, Oct 29th 2010 7:06pm by Briker
#15 Oct 29 2010 at 5:36 PM Rating: Good
*
145 posts
This reminds me of when I was playing FFXI, whenever my roommate would see me playing I was always riding on a chocobo.

1st time
"why are you riding a chicken"

2nd time
"do all you do in this game is ride chickens?

3rd time
"Are you still riding chickens?"
#16 Oct 29 2010 at 6:32 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
regularpony wrote:

Sounds like if you got yourself a middle eastern villager costume and she got a marmot suit, there's probably some pretty hot and violent roleplaying opportunities.


Can I commission a drawing of this?

...ah, for my friend?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#17 Oct 30 2010 at 12:38 AM Rating: Excellent
regularpony wrote:
Cyrus11 wrote:
regularpony wrote:
Hate to break this to a fellow gamer, but if your girlfriend is "watching you play video games" there is nothing you are gonna do that's going to impress her. All she is really thinking is, "Dork."

Doesn't matter what you are fighting or how funny you are on vent. Embrace your geekdom and beat your sheep with pride like the rest of us.

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:06pm by regularpony


Nah she plays Assassin's Creed 2 in the living room while I play this. She's over there sneaking up on people and slitting their throats while I hack marmots to death...

Edited, Oct 29th 2010 6:11pm by Cyrus11


Sounds like if you got yourself a middle eastern villager renaissance italian costume and she got a marmot suit, there's probably some pretty hot and violent roleplaying opportunities.


Ftfy, had to nitpick lol.
#18 Oct 30 2010 at 1:14 AM Rating: Good
33 posts
I remember a few weeks ago I was fighting a Marmot gf came over to see what was going on and first thing she saw was the whole Nutbiter Marmot uses Nutkick...

She cracked up laughing.
#19 Oct 30 2010 at 9:34 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
270 posts
go fight some of them spider-loookin things in black shroud @_@ i dont think she'll laugh at those
or the lone wolves, they're badass :) mhmm
____________________________
Refreshed ¦ Reborn
Shori Ohrensztein ¦ Ragnarok ¦ ACN
Reebie Baramnesra ¦ Midgardsomr ¦ MRD
#20 Oct 30 2010 at 9:48 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Go kill Wights with your sound at max... she'll love you I promise
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#21 Oct 30 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
My mind went blank a few weeks ago when i saw a mage get nut kick as a range attack. As a Pugilist and close range fighter i thought they was actually kicking me ... in the nuts. At least the name Nutbiter seems a lot less traumatic now.
____________________________





This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)