Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

You are not facing your target.Follow

#1 Oct 30 2010 at 11:40 PM Rating: Excellent
*
127 posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure I was facing my target. I wrote like 3 paragraphs after this but just deleted them. What's the ******* point.

SE, I was facing my target. I was definately facing my target.

Blow me.







#2 Oct 30 2010 at 11:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
100% agree. How am i not facing the target? I'm locked on...
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#3 Oct 30 2010 at 11:57 PM Rating: Excellent
*
127 posts
Timorith, are you sure you were facing your target? It's a slippery slope. Even one degree off and that target is off the radar. How could you expect to cast even one spell when you arent looking directly face to face with your enemy? What the **** is wrong with you. You must have been looking at it's shoulder or something. This game is awesome and its your fault. Bottom line.
#4 Oct 31 2010 at 12:07 AM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
Don't get me started on needing to be directly facing another player to give them a single target buff. Guy is standing right next to me ffs. Nope, gotto unlock NPC target, lock on PC target (or do some minor degree turns; hope you are now looking at them) and go through that whole subtarget selection thing all over again.
#5 Oct 31 2010 at 12:17 AM Rating: Good
*
127 posts
Sylph19, it's obvious to me that you don't know what the **** you are doing. Just perfectly face your target in a 180 degree angle. It has to be perfect though. There is absolutely zero room for adjustments. I hope this helps you.
#6 Oct 31 2010 at 8:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
westsidepatone wrote:
Timorith, are you sure you were facing your target? It's a slippery slope. Even one degree off and that target is off the radar. How could you expect to cast even one spell when you arent looking directly face to face with your enemy? What the **** is wrong with you. You must have been looking at it's shoulder or something. This game is awesome and its your fault. Bottom line.
but but but... I'm locked on. :(
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#7 Oct 31 2010 at 9:24 AM Rating: Excellent
26 posts
Get in the habit of briefly tapping forward (or reverse, depending on your combat range) as soon as you lock on, this will turn you toward the mob. It is possible to be locked on without facing target.

#8 Oct 31 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
59 posts
regularpony wrote:
Get in the habit of briefly tapping forward (or reverse, depending on your combat range) as soon as you lock on, this will turn you toward the mob. It is possible to be locked on without facing target.


It is also possible (nay, likely) to be facing the target while not "facing the target", as well as stand on the mob while it´s out of range.
#9 Oct 31 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
*
160 posts
I get that a lot as CON. It's a spell, why do I need to face anyone?
____________________________


#10 Oct 31 2010 at 10:27 AM Rating: Good
*
108 posts
I get that a lot as a MRD. I hate that error...-.-

As well as, "[Command] cannot be used now" when the CD clock is gone and I can hit the button... so WHY can't it be used now?
____________________________
#11 Oct 31 2010 at 10:48 AM Rating: Excellent
*
127 posts
Quote:
Get in the habit of briefly tapping forward (or reverse, depending on your combat range) as soon as you lock on, this will turn you toward the mob. It is possible to be locked on without facing target.


There are so many of these little "get used to *insert action to account for SE's grand oversights*" kind of things in this game.

The reason I posted this was because after getting to 7/8 Dodos killed in the "Revenge of the Dodos" leve, my map decided not to show the last target. So after getting killed twice because of the not facing the target glitch this stupid game throws another glitch into the mix.

I am beyond being assuaged at this point. Beyond logic and beyond having to "get used" to the stupid **** the richard tickling asshats at SE haphazardly threw into this game. If it works for you, more power to you. I wish you the best. I'll be waiting until SE patches up this hemorrage.
#12 Oct 31 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Decent
26 posts
westsidepatone wrote:
Quote:
Get in the habit of briefly tapping forward (or reverse, depending on your combat range) as soon as you lock on, this will turn you toward the mob. It is possible to be locked on without facing target.


There are so many of these little "get used to *insert action to account for SE's grand oversights*" kind of things in this game.

The reason I posted this was because after getting to 7/8 Dodos killed in the "Revenge of the Dodos" leve, my map decided not to show the last target. So after getting killed twice because of the not facing the target glitch this stupid game throws another glitch into the mix.

I am beyond being assuaged at this point. Beyond logic and beyond having to "get used" to the stupid sh*t the richard tickling asshats at SE haphazardly threw into this game. If it works for you, more power to you. I wish you the best. I'll be waiting until SE patches up this hemorrage.



There is no shame in knowing your limitations.
#13 Oct 31 2010 at 9:17 PM Rating: Decent
*
127 posts
Quote:
Get in the habit of briefly tapping forward (or reverse, depending on your combat range) as soon as you lock on, this will turn you toward the mob. It is possible to be locked on without facing target.


This was a helpful comment. One I didnt agree with but at least it was in a positive direction.

Quote:
There are so many of these little "get used to *insert action to account for SE's grand oversights*" kind of things in this game.

The reason I posted this was because after getting to 7/8 Dodos killed in the "Revenge of the Dodos" leve, my map decided not to show the last target. So after getting killed twice because of the not facing the target glitch this stupid game throws another glitch into the mix.

I am beyond being assuaged at this point. Beyond logic and beyond having to "get used" to the stupid sh*t the richard tickling asshats at SE haphazardly threw into this game. If it works for you, more power to you. I wish you the best. I'll be waiting until SE patches up this hemorrage


This is me disagreeing with you. Notice at no point do I insult you. I stated my case about not wanting to get used to SE's continued screwups. I even referenced a different instance other than the one mention in the original post.

Quote:
There is no shame in knowing your limitations


This is me sinking to your level. You're an *******.
Guess zam doesnt like curse words. but it rhymes with glasspole.
#14 Oct 31 2010 at 9:45 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
There's nothing to "get used to". It's this crazy thing the happens in most MMOs in the market today called "lag" where the image you see on your screen does not reflect the server's interpretation of things, and it's the servers interpretation that matters. I had several mobs today that were directly in front of me and I was told repeatedly that they were out of range to attack. I'm sure if I had chased them around long enough I would have found where they were based on the server's interpretation but I'm not wasting that kind of time on a Plains Rat.

It's not worth raging over. There's no MMO that has ever been released that hasn't had lag induced proximity/orientation issues from time to time.
#15 Oct 31 2010 at 9:49 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
931 posts
i think its kind of stupid that if im a front line job with cure equipped i cant heal my party members because im looking at the monsters and i have to be facing someone to cast magic on them apparently.
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Oct 31 2010 at 10:00 PM Rating: Excellent
**
263 posts
Aurelius wrote:
There's nothing to "get used to". It's this crazy thing the happens in most MMOs in the market today called "lag" where the image you see on your screen does not reflect the server's interpretation of things, and it's the servers interpretation that matters. I had several mobs today that were directly in front of me and I was told repeatedly that they were out of range to attack. I'm sure if I had chased them around long enough I would have found where they were based on the server's interpretation but I'm not wasting that kind of time on a Plains Rat.

It's not worth raging over. There's no MMO that has ever been released that hasn't had lag induced proximity/orientation issues from time to time.


It isn't lag. It's a range limitation; built into the game and working as intended. You have to do actions in a certain FoV towards your target, if you are not meeting these requirements then the skill cannot be done; regardless of what the differences the servers' interpretation of the event is. This is frustrating because things like the game moving me forward whenever I attack causes me to inevitably end up not looking at the mob if I unlock and attack.

It's poor design, not a latency issue.
#17 Oct 31 2010 at 10:04 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
There's nothing to "get used to". It's this crazy thing the happens in most MMOs in the market today called "lag" where the image you see on your screen does not reflect the server's interpretation of things, and it's the servers interpretation that matters. I had several mobs today that were directly in front of me and I was told repeatedly that they were out of range to attack. I'm sure if I had chased them around long enough I would have found where they were based on the server's interpretation but I'm not wasting that kind of time on a Plains Rat.

It's not worth raging over. There's no MMO that has ever been released that hasn't had lag induced proximity/orientation issues from time to time.


It isn't lag. It's a range limitation; built into the game and working as intended. You have to do actions in a certain FoV towards your target, if you are not meeting these requirements then the skill cannot be done; regardless of what the differences the servers' interpretation of the event is. This is frustrating because things like the game moving me forward whenever I attack causes me to inevitably end up not looking at the mob if I unlock and attack.

It's poor design, not a latency issue.


I get the not facing target error from time to time even when I'm locked on and it appears that I'm facing the target. All it takes is to keep locked on and jiggle around a bit and it usually sorts itself out. It IS a lag issue. Now if this is actually something other than what I interpret it to be and people are ****** that they can't attack a mob while they have their back to it then lol. Otherwise, being locked on and moving in a tiny little box whenever you get that message has always been enough to fix it for me.
#18 Oct 31 2010 at 10:14 PM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
I haven't experienced that.
More referring to an example like: You are in range of a target, you lock on an initiate combat with range attack. You attack and mob begins to move to you. While having full view and maintaining lock on of the mob by the time it gets to you, you are no longer able to attack it and must reorientate yourself since you are some 3 degrees off from your ability FoV.
#19 Oct 31 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
It is lag. Here is a dumbed down example:
The server has the mob at coordinates X=25 Y=68 Z=7, and you at X=14 Y=67 and Z=7.
Your PC has you at X=23 Y=67 and Z=7.

Your PC sees you right next to the target, whereas the server sees you out of range. It is a common problem. A problem that should get fixed for sure, but still a common problem.

Edit: It has to do with lag and latency. Your PC sees you closer, because the latency (the time it takes to converse with the server) is low. However, the lag ( the slow down in info being transmitted due to too much info trying to be transmitted) is high. The server says the mob is right next to you, but in reality, it was there upto a second or more ago.

Edited, Nov 1st 2010 12:24am by Teneleven
____________________________

#20 Nov 01 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Default
14 posts
As a few have stated already, it is latency. If you have the chance to play FFXIV in the same room as someone else, watch their movements during combat. When this error occurs, the player is usually looking at the mob on their screen, but on your screen you'll see them facing the opposite way with their back towards the mob. I've only really seen this affect magic users, but usually I'm constantly moving in combat to avoid mob TP moves which also prevents this error.

Once Square-Enix applies the server optimization updates, we should see an improvement across the entire game.

Edited, Nov 1st 2010 10:50am by Saieno
#21 Nov 01 2010 at 1:35 PM Rating: Excellent
*
95 posts
This is one of the reasons I stopped playing Marauder. I would break steadfast so much because I would finish off mob #1 and would have to move an inch to the left to hit mob #2. It became highly frustrating.
____________________________
FFXIV Server: Masamune
Character: Biggs Beoulve
Jobs: 50 PLD, 50 WAR, 50 DRG
#22 Nov 01 2010 at 1:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
180 posts
jwhite1083 wrote:
I get that a lot as a MRD. I hate that error...-.-

As well as, "[Command] cannot be used now" when the CD clock is gone and I can hit the button... so WHY can't it be used now?


I hate that error! Almost killed me several times when I'd hit second wind and get the "... cannot be used now" error, but miss it in the midst of battle spam. There's always a few seconds of lag between when I hit the hotkey and when the skill goes off - so I can never be sure whether it's actually going to work or not unless I'm just staring at the chat log all the time. Ridiculous.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)