Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I Need HelpFollow

#1 Nov 01 2010 at 1:28 PM Rating: Default
*
57 posts
I have played this since launch (CE). I feel like I have hit a stand still. It mainly involves the Guildleves. I am 10+ every job/craft. My 2 highst are 21 gladiator and 21 weaver. I really want to concentrate on these now.

I STILL do not uderstand the leves. If I want to concentrate on gladiator/weaver what do I do? For instance, for my weaver, I get a lvl 25 leve that I can complete. All the rest are lvl 1 and 5. I never get any guildmarks for this 25 leve. How the heck do you get guild marks? So I find myself getting a leve for each craft, just to build physical level and I don't want to waste 7 craft leves every 36 hours.

For my gladiator, I rarely get guildmarks, I get guildmarks for every job but gladiator. I don't understand the bonus on leves. So what do you do? Do you just never exchange leves and the bonuses go up? Does it have to be the same leve? How is everyone making so much gil on leves? I think the most I made on was 18k or something?

I am seriously thinking about not doing any guildleves cause they seem to sink time with minimal reward.

I WANT to grind. How do you do this? fight mob after mob and get 75 SP a fight? I try to make parties but no one wants to! What am I supposed to do?

Please help! I have waited for this game a long time but I feel I don't understand anything. At least help me understand the leves.

Thanks!
____________________________


#2 Nov 01 2010 at 1:32 PM Rating: Default
**
548 posts
Quote:
I am 10+ every job/craft. My 2 highst are 21 gladiator and 21 weaver.


...

Quote:
I WANT to grind. How do you do this?


Are you trying to say that no DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?

Because that actually makes more sense.
____________________________
MUTED
#3 Nov 01 2010 at 1:42 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
58 posts
I will explain the leves in 3 sections to help you out.

1) The higher difficulty you complete the leves on, the more stars, max of 2, they are worth when you trade them in at the reset to get more. That means you can get more gil or more guild marks.

2) The rank 20+ leves will have a chance to reward guild marks. For the battlecraft/faction leves, it will tell you what classes can get the guild marks.

Here is an example on how to know what classes will get guild marks per rank:
rank 20 - any class that is rank 10+ will have a chance for guild marks. Must be rank 13+ on any Dow/DoM class to start picking these up.
rank 30 - any class that is rank 20+ will have a chance for guild marks. Must be rank 23+ on any Dow/DoM class to start picking these up.

I hope you see the trend.

3) Crafting leves can give you guild marks for the rank 20+. The thing is that they do not say if they do or not when you pick them up. You will just get them randomly when you turn them in. The higher the quality of the item with more durability left will result in a better appraisal that will in term result in more rewards.

EDIT; I forgot to mention that higher difficulty for the leves do NOT give you more guild marks when you finish. You will only get more gil.

Edited, Nov 1st 2010 3:44pm by Bertlit
#4 Nov 01 2010 at 1:57 PM Rating: Default
*
57 posts
"Are you trying to say that no DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?

Because that actually makes more sense."

Don Flamenco, I have no idea what you are trying to say here. What is DRG?

____________________________


#5 Nov 01 2010 at 1:59 PM Rating: Default
*
57 posts
DonFlamenco wrote:
Quote:
I am 10+ every job/craft. My 2 highst are 21 gladiator and 21 weaver.


...

Quote:
I WANT to grind. How do you do this?


Are you trying to say that no DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?

Because that actually makes more sense.


Huh?
____________________________


#6 Nov 01 2010 at 2:06 PM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
uncutbulldog wrote:
[quote=DonFlamenco]
Huh?


They're messing with you, it's a sort of inside joke.
____________________________

#7 Nov 01 2010 at 2:14 PM Rating: Default
*
57 posts
Haha, I was starting to suspect that. I guess I might deserve it since I have played this game everyday since launch and I suck! I just want to party and kill stuff and level up, but I have no clue how to make a party. Everyone is too busy doing other stuff I guess. Oh well, I guess I will keep soloing and maybe be level 50 GLA next September.
____________________________


#8 Nov 01 2010 at 2:32 PM Rating: Decent
**
548 posts
I'm just kidding OP....but I really don't understand how you have every job / craft @ 10+ and ask us "how do I grind"? I would think you would have logged some substantial play time and done some serious grinding to get that many jobs leveled since release.

Leve's in XIV are not like quests in other MMO's where your primary source of XP / SP / advancing your character comes from leves. Leve's are a nice source of gil / guildmarks / and other rewards. For people with very limited playtime, they are also a good source of quick SP / XP for time invested.

Rank 20+, you get better XP / SP from grinding in a party. Try to shout for parties at crystals or gate points. If you can't find people there, go out to major camp locations and ask the parties there if they have room for 1 more or if they need a replacement. If you can't find a party that way, find a LS and party with your LS mates.
____________________________
MUTED
#9 Nov 18 2010 at 7:54 PM Rating: Decent
*
57 posts
I just need to start finding parties. They seem hard to find on Fabul.
____________________________


#10 Nov 19 2010 at 4:25 AM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
Bertlit wrote:
I will explain the leves in 3 sections to help you out.

1) The higher difficulty you complete the leves on, the more stars, max of 2, they are worth when you trade them in at the reset to get more. That means you can get more gil or more guild marks.

2) The rank 20+ leves will have a chance to reward guild marks. For the battlecraft/faction leves, it will tell you what classes can get the guild marks.

Here is an example on how to know what classes will get guild marks per rank:
rank 20 - any class that is rank 10+ will have a chance for guild marks. Must be rank 13+ on any Dow/DoM class to start picking these up.
rank 30 - any class that is rank 20+ will have a chance for guild marks. Must be rank 23+ on any Dow/DoM class to start picking these up.

I hope you see the trend.

3) Crafting leves can give you guild marks for the rank 20+. The thing is that they do not say if they do or not when you pick them up. You will just get them randomly when you turn them in. The higher the quality of the item with more durability left will result in a better appraisal that will in term result in more rewards.

EDIT; I forgot to mention that higher difficulty for the leves do NOT give you more guild marks when you finish. You will only get more gil.

Edited, Nov 1st 2010 3:44pm by Bertlit


#1 was totally wrong. The stars have nothing to do with the difficulty you completed them on. That has been covered on lodestone already. The text reads:
Q. How do I increase the number of ☆ marks?
A. Either of the following two methods may be used to increase the number of ☆ marks.
Exchange for a regional leve with a different issuing authority (☆ +1)
Exchange for a regional leve with a different motif (☆ +1)

The stars you complete them on are only for the bonus reward given and chest spawns. They carry over to nothing once turned in.

The rest was right tho to the best of my knowledge.

As for getting party you need to use the party search feature. IF nothing there then you just have to know where to go. 12-25 cass hollow cassies up to crabs to fight. 25-35ish Tam Tara Treespeak mistbeard cove for efts. I'm pretty sure these places are pretty standard for most servers. I've not just seen them mentioned on mine. I usually can just roll up and get a party by going to these places. Some more populated at different parts of the day than others.



#11 Nov 19 2010 at 4:39 AM Rating: Decent
**
315 posts
go to the lodestone site.
click the tab that is "parties"
it gives you a mini guide on how to set them up.
Basically from what i read its like ffxi search comment just more advanced.
on ffxiv go to party tab and search. or go to party>> recruitment and fill out info about party I'm pretty sure there is also a "looking for party" tab. that you just fill out info about seeking.
funny think no one really used ffxiv search comment function to the fullest.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#12 Nov 19 2010 at 5:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
uncutbulldog wrote:
I just need to start finding parties. They seem hard to find on Fabul.
They are, there's typically less than 700 players online during NA peak time. Many players are starting to overlap multiple LS just have a pool of people to level with - and its still a small group of people.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)