Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

where is SE FOUCUSFollow

#1 Nov 02 2010 at 8:30 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
I was thinking the other night that even the most incapable programmer for SE would have know there are many bugs and time sinks in the game at release and would of already be patching them. plus what about all the stuff on the map thats not open or already in the game. (example air ships docks but know airships,golden bazaar but the town is not open,and what about the intro movie where the npc is fighting on a ship>? Do you think that Se is focused on getting the game ready for PS3 PLAYERS AND XBOX 360 PLAYERS because they know that they can never beat some of the mmos out there now and ones coming to market. To me this would make sense because ps3 and xbox360 are rdy for a mmo and look at all the success they had with ff11. So if they hinder the computer players by time sinking and fatique issues SE know there wont be such a gap between ps3 players and computer players when they release the ps3 version?

This kinda of upsets me because if you really think about look at the up coming patches do they really address some of the core issues ? and are they magically going to have a patch in Feb right before the ps3 version comes out>.

If you think about it where is SE going to have more success computer or consules ? and how many games has SE put out for ps3 and xbox in the last month i think like 3+ with more coming .

What are your thoughts ?
#2 Nov 02 2010 at 8:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
I would imagine their focus right now is to live up to their promises of large scale patches/updates for the end of November and middle December. PS3 vs PC is probably not something they are worried about since the changes being made are core game issues relating to both platforms.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#3antshock30, Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:03 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Thanks for giving a good example of my point exactly ? The core issues are there excuse to slow the pc gaming commiunity down and if they wanted to they can patch them right now or flip a SWITCH IF THAT WORKS BETTER. Think about it why take so long for patches that are killing your server population and ******* off more people then i have ever seen in a mmo. plus there are rookie mistakes in programming and planning in this game that go way beyond wanting to try something new....My point are there are no issues that they are intentionally holding back patches,fixes,etc so the ps3 comminuty does not feel so far behind the rest of the PC comminuty.....Think about it SE a huge company with several years of producing rpg,shooter and mmos and this is what they call next genration mmo come on...In my opionion it is planned.
#4 Nov 02 2010 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Can... can you see the message boards through all that tin foil sir?
#5antshock30, Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:12 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Ill grab some from mulder and skully on the way home but still ****** me off because i belv i am right..
#6 Nov 02 2010 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
antshock30 wrote:
Ill grab some from mulder and skully on the way home but still ****** me off because i belv i am right..


You're not right so while you're off grabbing the tinfoil, see about finding a clue, too.
#7 Nov 02 2010 at 9:22 AM Rating: Decent
*
111 posts
i thought this was obvious and common knowledge... guess i better grab some tin foil too :/
But tin foil is so out of fashion...
#8 Nov 02 2010 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
shadowofclarence wrote:
i thought this was obvious and common knowledge... guess i better grab some tin foil too :/
But tin foil is so out of fashion...


I haven't come across an MMO that hasn't shipped with things in the game that obviously serve a purpose but aren't available yet. People are trying to read too much into things. How do you explain inaccessible areas in other MMOs that have no plans for console releases? That they're holding off for the next generation of PCs before they add the good content? MMOs are dynamic and developers always have a long term content plan. Sometimes it's easier for them to add in the structures/area transitions and leave them blocked off or non-functioning until a later date than it is to patch changes into areas that were shipped without those things.
#9 Nov 02 2010 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
I feel it's pretty evident from playing FFXIV that the game was simply released before the developers were ready. Remember that the people who make the content are not the people who decide when to release the game/patches/expansions. Considering the MMO release market for the end of this year and the beginning of next year, it's not too surprising that SE marketers wanted to get FFXIV out early to attempt to beat the competition. As long as the devs could get the game to be playable at a basic level, the marketers didn't care about the lack of content. Believe me, none of the devs are truly proud of what was released. But their hands were tied.

Getting to your point, it would actually be beneficial for PS3 players to start in a MMO which already has a healthy high-level population. The major difficulties crafters have in FFXIV is that low level recipes often require higher level components. With more high level crafters and gatherers this becomes a non-issue. Holding the PC players back only hurts PS3 players by forcing them to endure the same struggle we're in right now.

Just remember that it's not like the Dev's are sitting in lazy-boy chairs snickering at us suckers. If FFXIV fails they're out of a job, so they want it to succeed just as much as we do. And the devs are not the ones who decide what happens to FFXIV and when. If you want to blame someone, blame Tanaka and Komoto, not the poor employees.
#10antshock30, Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:28 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) STILL ****** ME OFF WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE DEFEND A ISSUE WITH GET A CLUE...HERES A clue for you. EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS GAME ROCKS AND WHY THERE WERE SO MANY MISTAKES MADE IN LAUNCH?
#11 Nov 02 2010 at 9:30 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
listen if final fantasy xiv fails the delvopers are not out of a job they will be delegated to new assignments with in se remb it is a bigger company then most mmo companies out there!
#12 Nov 02 2010 at 9:32 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
antshock30 wrote:
STILL ****** ME OFF WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE DEFEND A ISSUE WITH GET A CLUE...HERES A clue for you. EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS GAME ROCKS AND WHY THERE WERE SO MANY MISTAKES MADE IN LAUNCH?


Caps lock is cruise control for cool. Rage moar, k?

So you think that simply because the game shipped incomplete and in dire need of adjustments and changes that that's all you need as a springboard for your nutjob conspiracy theories? Does someone pay you to be ridiculous, or is it a pro-bono service you offer out of the goodness of your heart?
#13 Nov 02 2010 at 9:39 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
antshock30 wrote:
listen if final fantasy xiv fails the delvopers are not out of a job they will be delegated to new assignments with in se remb it is a bigger company then most mmo companies out there!


I don't know why I bother, but let me try to explain this to you:

SE is not just an "MMO" company: there are developers who work specifically for FFXIV and there are developers who will never touch FFXIV. If FFXIV fails SE will lose the potential income from FFXIV thus they will not have the money to pay the same number of developers as if FFXIV didn't fail. No, SE as a whole does not depend on FFXIV, but the employees who specifically work on FFXIV do.

FFXIV is not a single player game where the developers work for few years then move on to the next single player game. FFXIV is a long term project that needs continual development. These devs are hired for this long term commitment, not a 2-year stint. If FFXIV fails however they no longer have that long term security. See what I mean now?

Edited, Nov 2nd 2010 10:39am by Hydragyrum
#14 Nov 02 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
So then you dont feel the game needs changes and that there is no fault that the game has fundmental flaws and that they just put a new expansions out for ff11 but yet to make stable enviroment for there new mmo which i belv wont last long enough for your threads to justify anything but you keep defending this games flaws as mistakes and ill keep taking my paycheck for people to have me right these threads ? I think my opinion is shared by most fix the game stop worrying about the ps3 version to save your a@#!.. Heres a idea why dont you list
some good things about ff14? and see how long of a list you come up with or are you going to wait to Dec to list these? point made
#15 Nov 02 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
*
228 posts
antshock30 wrote:
point made


This was the only part of that run on sentence of a post that I was able to understand. >.>


Are you trying to say that they are purposely leaving the game a broken, unfinished mess? What possible good can come from that to justify suffering all the negative reviews the horribly damaged reputation this game will have by then? >.>;


I felt compelled to respond even though I realize this is likely a troll, I don't know why.


Edited, Nov 2nd 2010 11:56am by mistrik

Edited, Nov 2nd 2010 11:57am by mistrik
____________________________
Quote:
Pikko wrote:
Quote:
sideways wrote: (really Pikko?)

Oh go stuff that thread up your ***. Did you even READ that post?
[...]
I mean, excuuuuse me for trying to make people PLAY NICE.


^ Second best forum mod smack down *ever*.
#16 Nov 02 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
i see your point and still say what does that mean. That contracted programmers who are not part of the company in the first place will have to find a new job? How does that effect SE who is still making money and has there back up plan already in place on final fantasy 11 otherwise they would have not put out a new expansion....why do all that if they are not worried about there new mmo ? or are just keeping the consules users happy to march ! doesnt it **** u off a little that there is no content yet for this game and that there are really only couple of diffrent areas?
#17 Nov 02 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
Ok...so your point goes like this in simplicity.

Company A has a product Y due out in 6 months.
Company A also has a product X that just came out.
Both products are similar in nature.
Company A will purposely sabotage the development of product X in order to further the development and financial gain of product Y.

If so...that is not a business model I am used to seeing. Kind of looks like business suicide to me. Otherwise known as a CEO(career ending opportunity)
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#18 Nov 02 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
Sorry you are correct about the grammar but i am at work and have to make these post quick.
You are correct what do they care about the negative publicity ? What choices do ps3 and xbox have for mmos Dc online and final fantasy 11 ..... To be honest i dont think for the most part ps3 or xbox players care about the reviews because by the time the game comes out it will be patched up magically and all the bugs worked out thanks to pc gaming comminuty beta testing it for them. So the ps3 reviews will be great and that is what makes me mad...why do we get half a game and they will recv a full complete game.
#19 Nov 02 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
antshock30 wrote:
i see your point and still say what does that mean. That contracted programmers who are not part of the company in the first place will have to find a new job? How does that effect SE who is still making money and has there back up plan already in place on final fantasy 11 otherwise they would have not put out a new expansion....why do all that if they are not worried about there new mmo ? or are just keeping the consules users happy to march ! doesnt it **** u off a little that there is no content yet for this game and that there are really only couple of diffrent areas?


FFXIV doesn't have contracted programmers, they are SE employees. I'm just guessing that they are not "general" programmers that work multiple projects simultaneously but rather focus on FFXIV due to the nature of MMO's needing constant development.

And don't forget that SE loses money if FFXIV fails. You can claim that SE is such a big company that one game failure wouldn't hurt them but MMOs are not a typical game. Ten potential years of $13/mo. for hundreds of thousands of subscribers is not something they're willing to ignore. They don't want it to fail. They only intentionally released FFXIV early because they thought it would survive better now than if it was released early 2011. Since time machines haven't been invented no one will know if that was a good decision or not.

Am I ****** off that there's no content? No, that's not the right word. I'm anxious and I wish there were more content yes, but I'm also patient and I realize that there WILL be more content eventually. I'm also a casual gamer with only ~10 hours to play per week, so I haven't even explored all three cities yet let alone all the wilderness areas. However if I played 40 hours per week I could see how the lack of content would be a problem.
#20 Nov 02 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Good
****
5,684 posts
Don't feed the trolls.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#21 Nov 02 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
Quote:
Caps lock is cruise control for cool. Rage moar, k?


I see Aurelius is still trolling. He/She has been defending FFXIV since back when beta was horrible. Now that beta is over there's a new excuse. The new excuse is "It's a new game, you expect too much."

The truth of the matter is...FFXIV is a game that was/is not ready to be released to the public. Fanboys can defend it all they want and hide behind a curtain of lies. Anyone that thinks developers of FFXIV approved of a release are dillusional. It was quite obviously a marketing strategy to simply beat out competition (SW:TOR) on initial release numbers.

It's still hilarious that there's players like Aurelius that preach that FFXIV is in great shape and on perfect schedule with what the developers had planned. Keep paying to play a game that isnt even in an alpha beta stage yet lmao. IF you enjoy it, then by all means keep enjoying. Just dont try and deny that the grass is greener almost ANYWHERE else you go. FFXIV is quite literally pathetic compared to every mmo on the market. And that's comparing them to their time of release not the current states.

Queue the "i'm not paying, i got 2 free months" posts. I also look forward to hearing the "Just because people disagree with your opinion blah blah blah" posts. The fanboys all have the same story lol. They just have absolutely NOTHING to back their story up other than the typical responses I pointed out already. Oh wait, I forgot one of the responses we can expect...The "FFXIV is still new blah blah blah" response.
#22 Nov 02 2010 at 10:20 AM Rating: Excellent
*
111 posts
I think what he's saying is more like
Company A has a product B that serves communities X, y, and z
Company A believes it will make the most money off of community y and z
Company A releases product B to community x early to develop certain aspects of the game (much like a prolonged beta test) in which they can iron out the kinks in the game. Further more, community x can develop a social and economical structure inside of product B making it more player friendly for communities y and z.
In order to not give community x to much of a head start;
Company A leaves built in limiters to hinder community X's advancement in the form of
No chocobo (walking everywhere means less gain of money/Sp/exp), limited anima (see previous), Surplus / bonus exp, drastic sp drops for solo, etc...

Why? because of the intense requirements for the game along with the craving (pre-launch), many people have built computers in order to play the game, so they aren't likely to quit. furthermore, fans of the series who bought it on PC are unlikely to quit because they can see the potential that it has.

In the end, the game will be great (in my opinion) and I personally am enjoying it quite a bit.


None of this is meant to be fact or to have any bases in fact so don't rate me down :)
#23antshock30, Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 10:28 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yes thank you,for explaining my point! why should we beta testers when we should be exploring everything Final Fantasy has to offer now not in 5months if the game last that long on pc and is not strictly for consules!
#24 Nov 02 2010 at 10:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Soezu wrote:
Quote:
Caps lock is cruise control for cool. Rage moar, k?


I see Aurelius is still trolling. He/She has been defending FFXIV since back when beta was horrible. Now that beta is over there's a new excuse. The new excuse is "It's a new game, you expect too much."

The truth of the matter is...FFXIV is a game that was/is not ready to be released to the public. Fanboys can defend it all they want and hide behind a curtain of lies. Anyone that thinks developers of FFXIV approved of a release are dillusional. It was quite obviously a marketing strategy to simply beat out competition (SW:TOR) on initial release numbers.

It's still hilarious that there's players like Aurelius that preach that FFXIV is in great shape and on perfect schedule with what the developers had planned. Keep paying to play a game that isnt even in an alpha beta stage yet lmao. IF you enjoy it, then by all means keep enjoying. Just dont try and deny that the grass is greener almost ANYWHERE else you go. FFXIV is quite literally pathetic compared to every mmo on the market. And that's comparing them to their time of release not the current states.

Queue the "i'm not paying, i got 2 free months" posts. I also look forward to hearing the "Just because people disagree with your opinion blah blah blah" posts. The fanboys all have the same story lol. They just have absolutely NOTHING to back their story up other than the typical responses I pointed out already. Oh wait, I forgot one of the responses we can expect...The "FFXIV is still new blah blah blah" response.


And you're still here on a message board for a game that is "quite literally pathetic compared to every other mmo on the market" because? Surely you have something better to do with your time than post slander about a game that is obviously so far beneath you.

Constructive criticism, I enjoy and welcome gladly. Posts like yours... well there's the door, why aren't you using it?

Edit: And before you try and put the 'fanboi lolz' sticker on my post, I'm not defending the game, I'm just sick of people trolling frothing at the mouth in a non-constructive fashion.

Edited, Nov 2nd 2010 12:32pm by ThePacster
#25antshock30, Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 10:45 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) If your not defending the game then why post at all? How about you do something constructive like the rest of us and try to save the game.. like i said in my previous post try posting stuff you really like about the game. I still dont see that post yet,or let the dev team for xiv that we are ready for the GAME THEY PROMISED US!.How may people upgraded there computer for this game and spent who knows what,plus the 50-80dollars to buy the game AND the time we spent not playing other mmos staying loyal to SE for all those great years of ff11 and to be rewarded with this game. We need to have this discussion because we have become the laughing stock of the mmo out there that most internet review sites have stopped reviewing us and have no plans to do anymore follow ups
#26 Nov 02 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
I don't remember seeing anyone truly defending the game. I see some people with patience who understand how the gaming industry works in conjunction with the business world. And that the game was released early for reasons only SE truly knows. We were not present at their board meetings when the decision was made to release it early. They knew what would happen...and I would think they already knew the time line of the patches/updates months in advance. You do not become a billion dollar corporation without taking and understanding risks.

So yea...in the majority of players playing right now(for free)...the game is a disappointment. But I would imagine most feel it has a chance to get better over the next couple months. If it doesn't...then yes, the dissapointment will turn to failure.

Screaming on message boards at this point will not change a thing. Its just chatter.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#27 Nov 02 2010 at 11:06 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
Simool i am not trying to call you out so I apoligize, but i have played ff11/everquest/wow all at launch and they were nowhere near this bad...it is to the point that i dont know how do you just add in major content without a expansion? but people who keep defending SE are only helping to make it okay for them to not push there updates/patches/fixes etc , now not in 2months 3months 6months? that is not acceptable! I and a huge majority of people spent a lot of money on this game and we are not playing for free. We all spent at least 50-80dollars to buy this product based on a previous reputation that SE had built up,not to mention the upgrades slash new computers the players bought. So if that is free then guess i had a wrong understanding of the word.whats funny is that people want to tell people to stop with the neg post but i have yet to see someone put one out there that list the good of XIV

DOESNT THAT CONCERN ANYONE ELSE? OR IS EVERYONE DEFENDING THIS GAME JUST WANT TO ARGUE WITH PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TELL SE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OR BECOME THE NEXT ALL POINTS BULLETIN. WILL GO BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS MMO WHICH IS STILL LOVED BY THE GAMING COMMUNITY AND SINCE YOU JUST PUT OUT A NEW EXPANSION FOR THAT,BUT YOU CAN NOT FIX XIV TELLS ALOT OF THE THIS COMPANIES TAKE ON THE WORTH OF THE PLAYERS IN XIV
#28 Nov 02 2010 at 11:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
386 posts
antshock30 wrote:
If your not defending the game then why post at all?


I'm sorry sir, but to defend this game in the eyes of many posters here, that would be to deny any fault with this game, to say that everything is rainbows and kittens when we all know that's not the case. Having said that, a person of sound mind and body should have no problem looking at any given aspect of the game, find a flaw with it, and coherently discuss what they find wrong with it and what could be done to improve it.

antishock30 wrote:
people who keep defending SE are only helping to make it okay for them to not push there updates/patches/fixes etc

antishock30 wrote:
DOESNT THAT CONCERN ANYONE ELSE? OR IS EVERYONE DEFENDING THIS GAME JUST WANT TO ARGUE WITH PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TELL SE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OR BECOME THE NEXT ALL POINTS BULLETIN


And that is why I'm not "defending" the game, because of retorts like that. If I have problems, I know where the feedback forum and the pages on the Square Enix site are. I try to leave this part of the forum to real coherent discussion.

Quote:
How about you do something constructive like the rest of us and try to save the game.. like i said in my previous post try posting stuff you really like about the game. I still dont see that post yet,or let the dev team for xiv that we are ready for the GAME THEY PROMISED US!


Constructive? I could suggest you try posting the same, rather than what at first glance would be a conspiracy theory thread about why SE is being so slow, making their programmers look to be incompetent since they haven't flipped that magical rainbow switch you mentioned earlier to make everything as right as rain. Here, if you want to post what you like about the game, give this thread a try.

My Favorite Thing About FFXIV ^^
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=12883718873714508&page=1#msg128848966094131032

The thread is a little off course, but a few good posts would get it going in the right direction. It's also not wise to assume that just because I'm not posting about all the gum drops and sparkles I'm enjoying in FFXIV in this thread that I haven't filed bug reports or mailed in my thoughts and opinions to SE.

There's more than one way to be constructive, and probably more ways to look silly on the internet.

Edited, Nov 2nd 2010 1:11pm by ThePacster
#29 Nov 02 2010 at 11:15 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
I would rather look silly on the internet then sit back and pray to the magic developer fairy that the game will be okay if i just bash neg threads and suffer in peace! I am glad that you posted a "what is good in xiv" finally someone and I give you props.
#30 Nov 02 2010 at 11:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
386 posts
antishock wrote:
I would rather look silly on the internet then sit back and pray to the magic developer fairy that the game will be okay if i just bash neg threads and suffer in peace!


So would that negative thread basher be a person "defending" the game like I said I'm not, or another entity that I'm not aware of. You make it sound hard to be helpful since you ask why I'm not defending the game doing something constructive to save it and then bash people who defend the game at the same time.

Also lets not forget, there's a difference between negative threads and constructive threads.
#31antshock30, Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 11:24 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) okay,I am going to start a new thread what people like in the game as is right now
#32 Nov 02 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
62 posts
Things I really like about the game:

1. I feel more connected to my character than I have in other MMOs.

2. Crafting can be quite fun.

3. Great resource gathering system.

4. The setting (place and time).

5. The game makes me feel as though my character is important to what is happening, not just a brick in the wall.

There are others, but I'm not going to take all day listing them. I might enjoy the game more than some others because I have an odd playstyle where I switch between a bunch of classes, and that helps keep everything exciting. I am not without my complaints. The wards, while getting better, still mostly suck. I can't seem to sell Raw Malachites at any price. I would really like a Chocobo, or at least be able to rent one. I would like a house that I could decorate and show to others... the complaints list could also go on.

The bottom line for me is that I enjoy the time that I'm spending on it already, and if I don't like some aspect, I switch to doing something else. Many of the things I don't like have been acknowledged as issues by the developers, and will someday be fixed. Until then, I get plenty of enjoyment out of the game (about 30 hours per week).
#33 Nov 02 2010 at 11:26 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
270 posts
here is maybe an insight for you

A) no they are not concentrating on just PS3 or just game fixes, they have teams working on both!

B) they released a half-finished game because of two reasons 1) they can patch it unlike games that aren't online, and 2) to give us something new to play for in 2011

C) (and i know this comes from someone who avoids capital letters like the plague but...) learn to type proper English. I cant really understand what your other points were.
____________________________
Refreshed ¦ Reborn
Shori Ohrensztein ¦ Ragnarok ¦ ACN
Reebie Baramnesra ¦ Midgardsomr ¦ MRD
#34 Nov 02 2010 at 11:32 AM Rating: Good
37 posts
shadowofclarence wrote:
I think what he's saying is more like
Company A has a product B that serves communities X, y, and z
Company A believes it will make the most money off of community y and z
Company A releases product B to community x early to develop certain aspects of the game (much like a prolonged beta test) in which they can iron out the kinks in the game. Further more, community x can develop a social and economical structure inside of product B making it more player friendly for communities y and z.
In order to not give community x to much of a head start;
Company A leaves built in limiters to hinder community X's advancement in the form of
No chocobo (walking everywhere means less gain of money/Sp/exp), limited anima (see previous), Surplus / bonus exp, drastic sp drops for solo, etc...

Why? because of the intense requirements for the game along with the craving (pre-launch), many people have built computers in order to play the game, so they aren't likely to quit. furthermore, fans of the series who bought it on PC are unlikely to quit because they can see the potential that it has.

In the end, the game will be great (in my opinion) and I personally am enjoying it quite a bit.


None of this is meant to be fact or to have any bases in fact so don't rate me down :)



I feel you've hit it on the head m8. Out of everything that was discussed in this thread, I think this post is probably the most accurate. Antshock, I know what you're trying to say. But you're saying it in a way that's coming across as ridiculous. My advice to you is when you create a thread, write your thoughts in your original post. From there let others do the talking. This way you've said what you had to say, and you get feedback on other peoples perspective. That is unless you're actually a troll, in that case keep up the good work.
#35 Nov 02 2010 at 11:39 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
Why do we need something new to play 2011? its almost here and we havent even gotten anywhere involved in this game as is. Man another person defending the game as is and will just sit and take whatever SE will do to them>>>>> I love it...how about this when other mmos drop in 2011 what will most people be playing because even the Japanese are not happy with this game ? swtor/gw2/tera/rift/wow/ff11 or like you ff14 you make the call or stand up for your self and state SE we are not happy fix this crap now not in 2011. On the other hand you and maybe 10k people will still be playing this game in the 1st quarter of 2011! How can we not have another server added in A MONTH. IT MUST BE THAT WE ADDING TO THE COMMUNITY THAT MUCH.Help me try to save our game instead of defending a game that as is.
#36 Nov 02 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
I think you are right it is like banging my head against the wall trying to save a game that I know we could all enjoy! thanks for the advice.
#37 Nov 02 2010 at 11:47 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
534 posts
I don't see SE worrying about losing their "true" playerbase to other MMOs. That's what makes this situation more unique than others that have come before it. Sure...they would love to have part of the western market...but that's never been their focus.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#38 Nov 02 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
don't ps3 players not have to pay monthly? im not sure of this but my friend (sounds suspicious i know, thats why i need clarified) said that he did not pay a monthly fee for ffxi or any other online activity through playstation
____________________________


#39 Nov 02 2010 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
TempLoop wrote:
don't ps3 players not have to pay monthly? im not sure of this but my friend (sounds suspicious i know, thats why i need clarified) said that he did not pay a monthly fee for ffxi or any other online activity through playstation


PS3 will pay monthly just like PS2 and 360 players paid monthly for FFXI. The catch was for the 360...Microsoft waived the additional online charge for FFXI players. As of today...microsoft has not caved in for FFXIV...therefore there is no FFXIV planned for the 360.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#40 Nov 02 2010 at 12:16 PM Rating: Decent
*
111 posts
I just read that they almost on there way to caving in,the only dispute is that microsoft wants na/and japan servers the same and SE wants them all together.
#41 Nov 02 2010 at 1:22 PM Rating: Good
31 posts
I'd do a quote but its not working on my pos blackberry.

Any ways Hydragyrum wrote something along the lines of ps3 players will be better off starting in a established mmo.

Just have to argue this. While it will be easier to lvl due to a number of reasons(more available crafting items, gear, and game knowledge) ps3 players will be missing out on what is one of the main reasons people play through the problems of a new mmo. The price gouging that gos on while the economy is still in its infancy.
It may seem like an odd thing to want to be part of but the first few months of an mmo is the prime for amassing a ton of Gil. Which if you squirrel away enuff you spend the rest of your days in the game as a filthy rich basterd.

Now I'm sure there's plenty of people that would rather have the extra polish on the game over having a fortune but I personally hate having to stop my lvling to go farm because I need new gear.

If you couldn't tell I'm one of the few waiting for the ps3 release and really wish they had held pc release back. But who knows maybe money won't be a problem in xiv like it was in xi. Ok I'm done rambling now.
#42 Nov 02 2010 at 1:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
@Snicklefritze. not to mention we aren't paying yet. i wonder if the ps3 players will get an extra month free.
____________________________


#43 Nov 02 2010 at 2:31 PM Rating: Decent
31 posts
Yeah I was wondering if ps3 players would get a little something for having to wait another 6 months.


I doubt we'll get anything they'll probably figure the extra polish on the game will be enuff.
#44 Nov 02 2010 at 2:48 PM Rating: Excellent
28 posts
antshock30 wrote:
I was thinking the other night that even the most incapable programmer for SE would have know there are many bugs and time sinks in the game at release and would of already be patching them. plus what about all the stuff on the map thats not open or already in the game. (example air ships docks but know airships,golden bazaar but the town is not open,and what about the intro movie where the npc is fighting on a ship>? Do you think that Se is focused on getting the game ready for PS3 PLAYERS AND XBOX 360 PLAYERS because they know that they can never beat some of the mmos out there now and ones coming to market. To me this would make sense because ps3 and xbox360 are rdy for a mmo and look at all the success they had with ff11. So if they hinder the computer players by time sinking and fatique issues SE know there wont be such a gap between ps3 players and computer players when they release the ps3 version?

This kinda of upsets me because if you really think about look at the up coming patches do they really address some of the core issues ? and are they magically going to have a patch in Feb right before the ps3 version comes out>.

If you think about it where is SE going to have more success computer or consules ? and how many games has SE put out for ps3 and xbox in the last month i think like 3+ with more coming .

What are your thoughts ?


So are you proposing that SE is so focused on catering to PS3 players (FYI there is ne evidence this game will ever make an appearance on XBox 360) that they purposely released an incomplete product as to somehow sandbag the advancement of PC players so that PS3 players will be minimally far behind?

Frankly if they were that concerned they could have simply delayed PC release to ensure it came out at the same time as PS3, no outside group made them release so early, there hands were not tied, they could have chosen to delay as long as they want to.

If you are looking to a reason the PC release product is as incomplete as it is look more to their bottom line (read money). FFXIV was in production for somewhere around 5 years, someone within the company decided it was time it started making money back for them. We could debate endlessly wether that was a good choice or not, but to me it seems by and far the simplest and most logical, as opposed to SE trying to "keep the PC player down" or something like that.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)