Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

500 SP/mobFollow

#1 Nov 03 2010 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
935 posts
To all you people lucky enough to be getting parties rocking 500 SP/mob, how long are you fights? What class are you? What rank are you? What/where are you fighting?



Edited, Nov 3rd 2010 10:44am by UnusedName
____________________________
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=311334
#2 Nov 03 2010 at 10:33 AM Rating: Default
**
398 posts
UnusedName wrote:
To all you people lucky enough to be getting parties rocking 500 SP/mob, how long are you fights? What class are you?



Conjurer, about 30-40 seconds each. Grass Raptors at Coetheras, Rank 39

You asked an awfully small amount of questions. Any way I can be less vague?

Edited, Nov 3rd 2010 12:45pm by Meowshi

Edited, Nov 3rd 2010 12:45pm by Meowshi
#3 Nov 03 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
935 posts
That's the info I was looking for. Anyone else?
____________________________
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=311334
#4 Nov 03 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Decent
39 posts
what lvl, rank and class are you ? that would give us a good starting point to lead you to the right mob.
#5 Nov 03 2010 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
*
222 posts
What mobs are you fighting would help also.
____________________________


#6 Nov 03 2010 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
935 posts
ManiDasgard wrote:
what lvl, rank and class are you ? that would give us a good starting point to lead you to the right mob.


Guess I was just curious about what these people are doing, as for my particular situation

I'm R23 MRD - details in link:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=128880213653005564&page=1

____________________________
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=311334
#7 Nov 03 2010 at 10:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
935 posts
Seventhblood wrote:
What mobs are you fighting would help also.


Edited original.
____________________________
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=311334
#8 Nov 03 2010 at 10:55 AM Rating: Decent
**
398 posts
23 MRD is a tad bit too low to be doing formicary ants.

And I suspect your SP woes are due to you not being in range of some party members, or your party not being big enough.
#9 Nov 03 2010 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
935 posts
Party range rank is 21-25.
I'm talking about Antlion Diggers.
The party size has been as small as 5 and as large as 8.
____________________________
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=311334
#10 Nov 03 2010 at 11:06 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
I was playing last night Cassiopeia hallows ranking up on crabs our party was 19-24
we had 12 people and with the party bonus I was getting from 300 to over 500(looking at the numbers post battle) sp some fights.

I know the maximum is 500 but with party bonus i think its possible to exceed the 500 threshold.
We had loads of fun and some downtime to chat and there were 3 english speakers which was sweet.

I was enthralled for almost 3 hours last night. I got about 15k sp in the 2 or so hours we partied
and had about an hour downtime while we reformed when a few people left.

Has anyone experienced a party where they had more then the 500sp max. I am very very certain some fights
i had gotten in the area of 750 sp. I may have been wrong or miss counted but i am almost positive some of the
fights awarded that amount of sp.


I had some times i gat 250+ sp when a successful thunder would land. I got resisted often and they were hitting for 50-80 dmg in general.

Curing was a huge add to sp and I was also using sacrifice on our party and slow on the mobs. radiance was giving on average 100 sp.

All in all i am coming around on the party system it took five minutes to find a party, join, and start killing with these guys. I very much prefer playiing during JP prime time as opposed to NA prime. Its more social
#11 Nov 03 2010 at 11:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
133 posts
Speeral wrote:
I know the maximum is 500 but with party bonus i think its possible to exceed the 500 threshold.
We had loads of fun and some downtime to chat and there were 3 english speakers which was sweet.

I was enthralled for almost 3 hours last night. I got about 15k sp in the 2 or so hours we partied
and had about an hour downtime while we reformed when a few people left.

Has anyone experienced a party where they had more then the 500sp max. I am very very certain some fights
i had gotten in the area of 750 sp. I may have been wrong or miss counted but i am almost positive some of the
fights awarded that amount of sp.


It's not possible to get more than 500 per fight. You might appear to get skillups beyond this, but the added total at the end won't exceed 500.
#12 Nov 03 2010 at 11:42 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
ok gotcha, so to be clear even if it appears the numbers are higher than 500 the game will simply cap me at the 500 threshold for that fight?

it won't go into excess or anything like that and be balanced out?


or is my math really that bad? I dunno

But last night party was way way way too much fun and I got loads of sp per fight

the key is to group in large numbers
#13 Nov 03 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
Your math is probably "just that bad" =P As a CON, your aoe heals have a chance to proc sp on each person healed. On top of that, if your doing damage, you are getting sp from that as well. I'm having a lot more success getting SP in groups as CON as I was on my MRD. Also, I don't think crabs are really good for MRD. Maybe if you're tanking and spamming taunt/provoke/disorient, but from attacks I haven't figured out how to get more than 100 sp from crabs. Maybe I just need better groups or different level mobs.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2010 2:12pm by chopstx
____________________________

#14 Nov 03 2010 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
I was actually that scared that my math is that horrible lmfao.

However, that does suck that you're not getting goo d experience when in a pt
setting when that is what the system intends you to do.
#15 Nov 03 2010 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
315 posts
Rank 28 to 32 PGL

Black efts for 500 sp / fight
Speed is all down to party size and ammount of DD but everything between 1-4 minutes


Yarzons in Mistbeard cove for 200-400 sp / fight
about 30 second fights


____________________________
FFXI 2003-2007: Elaron ~Phoenix
FFXIV 2010-> : Gus Morgan ~Wutai

#16 Nov 03 2010 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
You should not be able to get more than 500 SP total per mob, regardless of the pool it came from (meaning heals/buffs vs combat, or glad vs sentinel).
____________________________


#17 Nov 03 2010 at 2:49 PM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
I have never received 500 SP from a mob, solo or in a party. Rank 17 Archer. I have heard Archer is bugged as far as SP goes. Could it be something to do with distance from mob? I am always as far away as possible.

This is on mobs that are blue, green or yellow.
#18 Nov 03 2010 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Just got my first 500sp as an archer (rank 16) last night in a duo group. Really looking forward to joining some larger parties soon to try it out, biggest I've done so far is 3.

It seems like the consensus for party grinding at my rank until the low twenties is fighting crabs. Are there any other suggestions?
#19 Nov 03 2010 at 3:14 PM Rating: Decent
**
398 posts
Creuor wrote:
Just got my first 500sp as an archer (rank 16) last night in a duo group. Really looking forward to joining some larger parties soon to try it out, biggest I've done so far is 3.

It seems like the consensus for party grinding at my rank until the low twenties is fighting crabs. Are there any other suggestions?


Group of 3-4, 1 Tank (Pugilist/Gladiator), 1 Healer (Conjurer/Thaumaturge), 2 Floaters (Anything, spirit darts, extra gladiators, etc.)

Mun-Tuy Cellars, kill Opo-opos at low ranks, move up to Cellar Puks at higher ranks. Get 300SP/20 seconds. It's not 500, and you probably will hit 500 maybe once every 10-20 minutes or so, but you will kill them very very quickly and reap many shards and crystals.
#20 Nov 03 2010 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
I figured something was buggy oh well one can hope anyways . . .


the bigger the party the better the sp gains are. 12 people was my largest party and that
was a utter blast and loads of fun.

I don't if i can party with less than 5-6 people again i just loved it so darn much.

be warned though ur fighting stronger mobs so gear wear just goes out the window ha ha ha aha
#21 Nov 03 2010 at 4:17 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
The trick is to make a PT just large enough to kill mobs in 30-45s. This is enough time for every melee to get their hits+WS in, mages to debuff+dart, and healers to throw out a cure. Kill too quickly and you wreck SP, kill too slowly and you cap out SP (or the seemingly random nature of SP gain will have you waste time on a single mob anyway).

What you shouldn't grade a PT on is whether or not you rake in 500SP from kill to kill. Consider your gain over the course of 30 or 60 minutes. For example, I felt as though my last big PT was sluggish having seen more than a few 0s and only 350SP max. How surprised I was to discover I had earned 11k in an hour. It's sort of like FFXI where you shouldn't target IT+++ mobs that take 100 seconds to kill for 300EXP when you can instead chain together weaker mobs for 150EXP at 30 seconds each.

500SP is possible, and it is something to boast about, but you'll remember the 500s you "keep getting" as much as the 0s. What FFXIV needs--I know, right?--is the psychological stimulator of an SP chain to stave off the feeling of slowness I get even in a PT that turns out quite good.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#22 Nov 03 2010 at 6:58 PM Rating: Good
Geffe, if you're using low lvl arrows at mid to high levels, try the higher lvl arrows. My exp per/hr jumped significantly when I changed from flint to obsidian.
____________________________
#23 Nov 03 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
I have never received 500 SP from a mob, solo or in a party. Rank 17 Archer. I have heard Archer is bugged as far as SP goes. Could it be something to do with distance from mob? I am always as far away as possible.

This is on mobs that are blue, green or yellow.


I have. Solo. Rank 10 leve (I forget which one) with Guardian's Aspect active. I did on almost every mob during that leve actually.
#24 Nov 04 2010 at 3:10 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
I have never received 500 SP from a mob, solo or in a party. Rank 17 Archer. I have heard Archer is bugged as far as SP goes. Could it be something to do with distance from mob? I am always as far away as possible.

This is on mobs that are blue, green or yellow.



You're using warped arrows. Aren't you. They seem to be terrible after 10-12ish I haven't figured out exactly where the optimal top is. try a stack of the 17 arrows(yeah I know they aren't prctical) I bet you see 500.
#25 Nov 04 2010 at 3:52 AM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
I have never received 500 SP from a mob, solo or in a party. Rank 17 Archer. I have heard Archer is bugged as far as SP goes. Could it be something to do with distance from mob? I am always as far away as possible.

This is on mobs that are blue, green or yellow.



You're using warped arrows. Aren't you. They seem to be terrible after 10-12ish I haven't figured out exactly where the optimal top is. try a stack of the 17 arrows(yeah I know they aren't prctical) I bet you see 500.


Arrows effects the amount of SP gain too? Wow I didn't know that. I was getting okay SP using warp/bronze. Maybe I should try fang arrows and see how it goes.
____________________________
Check out my awesome adventure at http://fantaji.com/-/5Bc . If you don't know about Fantaji then you're missing out!
#26 Nov 04 2010 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
I've actually been using Bronze of late. I also learned last night that I need to use Close Shot more because skills that debuff give better chance of SP gain. Was doing a lot better, maybe 150-250 per kill. Was in a group of about 5, all around my level, killing Giant Crabs. I will look into better arrows.
#27 Nov 04 2010 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
19 posts
There is also a heal bug with CON that I've witnessed several times. More than once my log has looked something like:

Your Spirit Dart hits Antling Digger for 73
You gain 81 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Bob for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Jack for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Susy for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
The antling Digger dies
You gain 234 Experience
You gain 81 Conjury Skill

I'll look and I've only gotten the 81 and never did get the 318 for healing

Back to the OP, I've been grouping in Mistbeard Cove since rank 24 and am now rank 30 averaging 300-500 on Scavengers and Efts. Bored as **** of it now though.... :(
#28 Nov 04 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
57 posts
zoltanrs wrote:


You're using warped arrows. Aren't you. They seem to be terrible after 10-12ish I haven't figured out exactly where the optimal top is. try a stack of the 17 arrows(yeah I know they aren't prctical) I bet you see 500.


This just isn't true. The worlds first Rank50 is an archer, Kimi Pasteland he used warped arrows from 1-50 and claims that the different arrows didn't make a difference.
However, that is a half-truth. If you are fighting mobs that are way over your rank, you will do very little DMG. So, using higher DMG arrows will result in more DMG, which equates to more SP. However, for it to make a difference, you'd need to be fighting mobs that were way to hard for you to begin with and the time/sp ratio would be a negative.
As long as you stick with mobs closer to your rank and below, you will get that 500sp or sp per mob with just warped arrows.

Also, please note, warped arrows are perfectly fine and work awesome for GRINDING. They are just fine.
However, when it comes to min/maxing your DD where it counts, ei: bosses, legion ranked Faction/guildleves, where just completing the objective is the goal, then upgraded arrows will be better.

Do yourself a favor, save millions of gil and use warped arrows for SP grinding and carry a few stacks of upgraded arrows for leves only.



Edited, Nov 4th 2010 11:59am by jedipimp
#29 Nov 04 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Default
**
588 posts
Sadly this happens alot when your grp pulls adds aka 2 mobs at once or pulls a second before the first is 100% dead. Many of your skillups will be taken away as group puling is highly discouraged to prevent exploitation of AOE's.

Conjurer is severly broken and I can remember hundreds of fights where something exactly like tiss happened to me its very discouraging. Make sure you yell at your grp and put the fear of you in them if they continue to pull before the first mob is dead or pull 2 at once with careless AOE.

Farrooq wrote:
There is also a heal bug with CON that I've witnessed several times. More than once my log has looked something like:

Your Spirit Dart hits Antling Digger for 73
You gain 81 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Bob for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Jack for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Susy for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
The antling Digger dies
You gain 234 Experience
You gain 81 Conjury Skill

I'll look and I've only gotten the 81 and never did get the 318 for healing

Back to the OP, I've been grouping in Mistbeard Cove since rank 24 and am now rank 30 averaging 300-500 on Scavengers and Efts. Bored as **** of it now though.... :(



Edited, Nov 4th 2010 1:13pm by cornyboob
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#30 Nov 04 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
19 posts
cornyboob wrote:
Sadly this happens alot when your grp pulls adds aka 2 mobs at once or pulls a second before the first is 100% dead. Many of your skillups will be taken away as group puling is highly discouraged to prevent exploitation of AOE's.

Conjurer is severly broken and I can remember hundreds of fights where something exactly like tiss happened to me its very discouraging. Make sure you yell at your grp and put the fear of you in them if they continue to pull before the first mob is dead or pull 2 at once with careless AOE.

Farrooq wrote:
There is also a heal bug with CON that I've witnessed several times. More than once my log has looked something like:

Your Spirit Dart hits Antling Digger for 73
You gain 81 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Bob for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Jack for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
Your Cure II heals Susy for 391
You gain 106 Conjury Skill
The antling Digger dies
You gain 234 Experience
You gain 81 Conjury Skill

I'll look and I've only gotten the 81 and never did get the 318 for healing

Back to the OP, I've been grouping in Mistbeard Cove since rank 24 and am now rank 30 averaging 300-500 on Scavengers and Efts. Bored as **** of it now though.... :(



Edited, Nov 4th 2010 1:13pm by cornyboob


Ahhhh, this makes so much more sense now.... Looking back I do believe it is when we would get an add on us that this would happen. Still sucks but at least I know now.

And knowing is half the battle I've been told!
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)