Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

The first 2-3 wardsFollow

#1 Nov 04 2010 at 5:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
199 posts
Since the first 2-3 wards are the most used (by people who clearly do not belong there) they should have been gathering and junk wards, with the weapons/tools/gathering tools the next on the list. Why in the world would they have probably the 3 most NEEDED wards be the first three? That is just asking for them to be misused. If the first two wards were monster drop wards or gathering items (like branches) then they could of just filled up with the lazy (or simply not smart or don't care) people who don't use the wards right, at all, and the important wards could serve their purpose better.
____________________________
PS3 - Lil_Mermaid_Girl
#2 Nov 04 2010 at 5:38 AM Rating: Good
It's mainly because some people are, unfortunately, lazy, but there are also people who will put their things in the right spot and hence make life easier for themselves, you and everyone else.

Also of note is the fact that the penalty for selling things in the wrong ward is not particularly significant.

In any case, at least SE made it easier to trawl through retainers by simply selecting them...
____________________________
FFXIV

Estur Leone - Gysahl

#3 Nov 04 2010 at 5:39 AM Rating: Decent
**
845 posts
Imagine a system where you would type in an item into a search bar and you would get a list of the items being sold and how much they are being sold for. You would click on the buy now option and run over to the mail box and pick up your item. That would be the way to go.
____________________________

#4 Nov 04 2010 at 5:39 AM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
I don't see anything wrong in putting the most important wards first.
In fact, it seems the right call.

What SE should start doing is making people pay a fee when putting up an item that's not from the correct ward. Only way for people to stop missusing it. Putting extra taxes on what you gain is clearly not enough.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#5 Nov 04 2010 at 5:43 AM Rating: Good
**
845 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
I don't see anything wrong in putting the most important wards first.
In fact, it seems the right call.

What SE should start doing is making people pay a fee when putting up an item that's not from the correct ward. Only way for people to stop missusing it. Putting extra taxes on what you gain is clearly not enough.


With the player base looking for reasons to not log in anymore would punishing them for selling items in the wrong ward help the game? I mean if I wanna sell 5 trackers tunics that I just made but I also wanna sell the 5 iron spears I have which ward should I be placing my retainer in? Also is it my fault SE only lets us have 1 retainer?
____________________________

#6 Nov 04 2010 at 5:46 AM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
UncleRuckusForLife wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
I don't see anything wrong in putting the most important wards first.
In fact, it seems the right call.

What SE should start doing is making people pay a fee when putting up an item that's not from the correct ward. Only way for people to stop missusing it. Putting extra taxes on what you gain is clearly not enough.


With the player base looking for reasons to not log in anymore would punishing them for selling items in the wrong ward help the game? I mean if I wanna sell 5 trackers tunics that I just made but I also wanna sell the 5 iron spears I have which ward should I be placing my retainer in? Also is it my fault SE only lets us have 1 retainer?


Addendum "add multiple retainers, THEN patch the taxes".
SE said they are already coming. Didn't think you'd need me to mention that.

Edited, Nov 4th 2010 7:46am by MajidahSihaam
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#7 Nov 04 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
74 posts
Quote:
With the player base looking for reasons to not log in anymore would punishing them for selling items in the wrong ward help the game? I mean if I wanna sell 5 trackers tunics that I just made but I also wanna sell the 5 iron spears I have which ward should I be placing my retainer in? Also is it my fault SE only lets us have 1 retainer?


Aside from the people who don't seem to know how the wards work or just don't care, this is the only real problem I have with the current selling system. Let's look at all the crafting jobs to see what they make. my CRP friend makes shields/swords/canes/bows/polearms(weapon ward) but as well they can make sandals(feet ward, don't remember what it's called), as well separate wards for masks, as well as gathering tools. ARM needs wards for helmets, body armor, shields, footwear, and gloves. Being able to sell in just one ward at a time just isn't efficient unless you make all one type of item to sell.

As much as I want this ward system to work out, I just don't see any way they can change it to make it work without us having to buy extra retainers(and that isn't even an option at the moment). But then again, maybe that was the point, to make us pay extra to make this sytem work.
#8 Nov 04 2010 at 10:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
Just don't buy from these idiots and the problem will, at least partly, go away.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#9 Nov 04 2010 at 10:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
196 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
Just don't buy from these idiots and the problem will, at least partly, go away.


Human nature - no one can resist a good deal or satisfying their splurging needs..
____________________________
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding
#10 Nov 04 2010 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
nick2412 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
Just don't buy from these idiots and the problem will, at least partly, go away.


Human nature - no one can resist a good deal or satisfying their splurging needs..



Yeah I hate it when people put things in the wrong ward but when I saw wing glue for 32K and I knew my LS mate needed it... I bought it even though it was in the weapon ward and it made me want to scream.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#11 Nov 04 2010 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
24 posts
Oinari wrote:

Aside from the people who don't seem to know how the wards work or just don't care, this is the only real problem I have with the current selling system. Let's look at all the crafting jobs to see what they make. my CRP friend makes shields/swords/canes/bows/polearms(weapon ward) but as well they can make sandals(feet ward, don't remember what it's called), as well separate wards for masks, as well as gathering tools. ARM needs wards for helmets, body armor, shields, footwear, and gloves. Being able to sell in just one ward at a time just isn't efficient unless you make all one type of item to sell.

As much as I want this ward system to work out, I just don't see any way they can change it to make it work without us having to buy extra retainers(and that isn't even an option at the moment). But then again, maybe that was the point, to make us pay extra to make this sytem work.



This.

Truly, I would love to not offend people by having some of the wrong items in a ward. I'm a Carpenter, Alchemist, Weaver and Cook. It's just not feasible at the moment to NOT have items in the wrong ward, no matter what the majority of items I'm selling are. I'm not the type to throw away something I can use so yes, I have Bows and Canes when I'm trying to sell weapon parts and food too.

The only thing I can say for myself is I put my vendor in the ward that matches what I'm selling the most of at that time. Some days its the Battle ward, some days it's Spellcraft and other days it's Tinkerer etc.

I agree that many people are lazy but a lot of us, we don't just stick to one item or craft and we only currently have one (two if you count yourself) spots to sell our items at.
#12 Nov 04 2010 at 1:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
nick2412 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
Just don't buy from these idiots and the problem will, at least partly, go away.


Human nature - no one can resist a good deal or satisfying their splurging needs..

While that may be true, there's only one way that I can see to get the idiots to sell their stuff in the correct wards. Hit 'em in the gil pouch.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#13 Nov 04 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
534 posts
UncleRuckusForLife wrote:
Imagine a system where you would type in an item into a search bar and you would get a list of the items being sold and how much they are being sold for. You would click on the buy now option and run over to the mail box and pick up your item. That would be the way to go.


I read somewhere that a system like that has been used before and most everyone was happy. Some even sang and danced as they opened their mailbox.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#14 Nov 04 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
nick2412 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
Just don't buy from these idiots and the problem will, at least partly, go away.


Human nature - no one can resist a good deal or satisfying their splurging needs..



Yeah I hate it when people put things in the wrong ward but when I saw wing glue for 32K and I knew my LS mate needed it... I bought it even though it was in the weapon ward and it made me want to scream.

And what happens when you ignore said item, go to the correct ward to get it and discover that none of the retainers in there have the glue. You hurry back to the other ward to get it only to find someone else already bought it. I think the people intentionally using the wrong wards are hoping to attract impulse buyers. They hope in your search for a new sword you'll see their gloves, food, whatever and say "Oooo. I could use this."

In it's present form it's kind of a no win situation. Can't punish those who sold the stuff that goes there but only has misc stuff left over.
#15 Nov 04 2010 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
LadyMarisa wrote:
[quote=Oinari]I agree that many people are lazy but a lot of us, we don't just stick to one item or craft and we only currently have one (two if you count yourself) spots to sell our items at.

This is only a valid argument if the majority of these fools were selling at least one weapon (to use the battlecraft ward as an example) but they are not. 90% of them have only moko grass, flint stones, and other useless/worthless drops.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#16 Nov 04 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
UncleRuckusForLife wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
I don't see anything wrong in putting the most important wards first.
In fact, it seems the right call.

What SE should start doing is making people pay a fee when putting up an item that's not from the correct ward. Only way for people to stop missusing it. Putting extra taxes on what you gain is clearly not enough.


With the player base looking for reasons to not log in anymore would punishing them for selling items in the wrong ward help the game? I mean if I wanna sell 5 trackers tunics that I just made but I also wanna sell the 5 iron spears I have which ward should I be placing my retainer in? Also is it my fault SE only lets us have 1 retainer?



You said it. They think its people's fault for trying to sell different items in an economy that basically commands you to have multiple crafts to be able to survive.
#17 Nov 04 2010 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
MclarenTAGPorsche wrote:
You said it. They think its people's fault for trying to sell different items in an economy that basically commands you to have multiple crafts to be able to survive.

I don't think people making this argument get it at all. I don't have a problem with people selling multiple items types where at least one item being sold matches the ward it is being sold in. The ones I have an issue with are the ones selling mostly useless drops that have nothing to do with the ward they are in.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#18 Nov 04 2010 at 1:27 PM Rating: Excellent
*
63 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
nick2412 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
Just don't buy from these idiots and the problem will, at least partly, go away.


Human nature - no one can resist a good deal or satisfying their splurging needs..



Yeah I hate it when people put things in the wrong ward but when I saw wing glue for 32K and I knew my LS mate needed it... I bought it even though it was in the weapon ward and it made me want to scream.


There are two reasons I leave my retainer in the Battlecraft Ward. First reason, People WILL see my wares in this ward and someone will buy them. You proved my point with your wing glue purchase. Secondly, I don't care enough to look at my retainer's bazaar and figure out which ward best suits it. I want to go quest, craft and kill things, not play a flea market sim.

God forbid SE make it simple.
1. Use bell to summon your retainer and trade items.
2. SE's software analyzes bazaar contents.
3. Software auto-assigns the ward that best suits the contents.

This doesn't have to be so hard, not on buyers or sellers...
#19 Nov 04 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
179 posts
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:

3. Software auto-assigns the ward that best suits the contents.
This doesn't have to be so hard, not on buyers or sellers...


Good idea. I'd also be great if when you selected a retainer a bubble (or something) would pop up above their head previewing what they were selling.

These should probably be in some feedback section, but what's the point.
____________________________
FFXIV: Tebhi Liontamer 37 Elezen Marauder Besaid
FFXI: Luk 75 Hume Beastmaster Gilgamesh / Tehbst 85 Taru Beastmaster Ifrit
#20 Nov 04 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
812 posts
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
nick2412 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
Just don't buy from these idiots and the problem will, at least partly, go away.


Human nature - no one can resist a good deal or satisfying their splurging needs..



Yeah I hate it when people put things in the wrong ward but when I saw wing glue for 32K and I knew my LS mate needed it... I bought it even though it was in the weapon ward and it made me want to scream.


There are two reasons I leave my retainer in the Battlecraft Ward. First reason, People WILL see my wares in this ward and someone will buy them. You proved my point with your wing glue purchase. Secondly, I don't care enough to look at my retainer's bazaar and figure out which ward best suits it. I want to go quest, craft and kill things, not play a flea market sim.

God forbid SE make it simple.
1. Use bell to summon your retainer and trade items.
2. SE's software analyzes bazaar contents.
3. Software auto-assigns the ward that best suits the contents.

This doesn't have to be so hard, not on buyers or sellers...

Seriously, you're that freaking lazy that you can't make two to three more clicks to put you retainer in the correct place? By doing so you'd actually save yourself gil and make more sales.

At the moment you're banking on some random ******* to come along who's looking for a weapon but also needs what you are selling. It's pretty easy to see why you'd make more sales if you stuck your retainer in the place where people are actually looking for the type of item that you have.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#21 Nov 04 2010 at 2:29 PM Rating: Good
***
1,349 posts
Maybe they should split every ward into two sections:
1) Ward ****.
2) I am stupid ****.
____________________________
(f;,,;)f (/o.o)/
#22 Nov 04 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
All they need to do is make the first ward the hunters ward, and make the hunters ward the battlecraft ward. Problem solved.

I only see these 'tards when I try to buy a weapon.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#23 Nov 04 2010 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
Unfortunatly some of us have a problem with being in the correct ward, through no fault of our own. Sure there are plenty of retainers full of junk, and'or crap that has no business in those wards, but some of us are just in a bad situation.

Example, my main income is through shields, but I can't ONLY sell shields - because I make other things as well, and they need to be sold, and really you can't sell just ONE thing and expect to make a constant gil stream come in.
So, while half my bazaar is shields and therefore in the correct ward (battlemarket) the rest rotates between armor, various crafting weapons for DOH classes, and the occassional item I've grown out of. So not only is that stuff in the wrong ward annoying people looking for weapons, but it's hindering me, as people aren't looking for that stuff in that ward. If it sells, it's because coincidence led the buyer to my stall. They happened to be looking for a weapon, and also needed an Iron Frying Pan, or Bone Scale Mail, etc.

They really didn't design this very well, but we've been through that discussion ad nauseum the last two months.
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#24 Nov 05 2010 at 12:22 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
255 posts
They should make the first 2 wards 'Miscellaneous' with higher tax, it would make life easier.
Those who like to plop their retainers haphazardly can go ahead.

Everytime I'm searching for a weapon I have to swim through the sea of people, most of them doesn't even have a weapon to begin with.
When I have to sell a weapon, I can't because the ward is full.

Using the Retainer wards are painful enough without people ******** them up.


Edited, Nov 5th 2010 7:08am by Thervius
#25 Nov 05 2010 at 12:34 AM Rating: Good
***
1,349 posts
Restyoneck wrote:
... but I can't ONLY sell shields - because I make other things as well, and they need to be sold, and really you can't sell just ONE thing and expect to make a constant gil stream come in.


I hear you, understand and agree. I don't hate on the occasional gridania walnut or some such. I'm certain you understand the frustration.
____________________________
(f;,,;)f (/o.o)/
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)