Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Annexing The Valley Follow

#1 Nov 04 2010 at 8:28 AM Rating: Decent
*
115 posts

last targets NEVER appear. thought it was a glitch last leve reset... but it's just happened again. anyone else? i get through Chiglets and half the Wingrats but the Brine Bogey never shows!
____________________________
Arduino Edenfell, Lancer
Disciple of War and Magic
Black Shroud, Gridania
Mysidia

#2 Nov 04 2010 at 8:32 AM Rating: Excellent
*
230 posts
The bogey is in the cave. You have to run underground.
He also does a disappear move that sometimes glitches and he wont re-appear.
Ive killed when he didnt re-appear using AoE moves or waiting for him to disappear again and then re-appear and hope it doesnt glitch again.

However I have never seen him not spawn.
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#3 Nov 04 2010 at 10:04 AM Rating: Decent
*
115 posts

ok - i had a feeling. thanks!
____________________________
Arduino Edenfell, Lancer
Disciple of War and Magic
Black Shroud, Gridania
Mysidia

#4 Nov 04 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
This should be a sticky somewhere. I think this question comes up every other day on forums or in ls chat :P

Edited, Nov 4th 2010 12:12pm by chopstx
____________________________

#5 Nov 04 2010 at 3:26 PM Rating: Excellent
*
203 posts
chopstx wrote:
This should be a sticky somewhere. I think this question comes up every other day on forums or in ls chat :P

Edited, Nov 4th 2010 12:12pm by chopstx


http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=045ed7dcd7f3d4932bd25621bf58477744aa1669

Quote:
Q. I arrived at the area named in my regional levequest, but I cannot find any levequest targets. What am I doing wrong?
A. Levequest targets, much like all enemies, may sometimes be found high atop cliffs or below ground in caves. Also, it is possible that a target has been "moved" from its original location. This may occur when a player engages a target in combat and then moves some distance from the original location. When this happens, the player's "claim" over the target will end, and the target will continue to wander about the area.


This was in the "My First Q&A" edition of "Ask the Devs" on Lodestone, and everyone complained that it was information "everyone knows already".
#6 Nov 04 2010 at 3:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
270 posts
Levequest targets should have arrows instead of just orange/red dots. AND not dissapear off the minimap when far away. That way would know how many, exact direction, and up or down :)
____________________________
Refreshed ¦ Reborn
Shori Ohrensztein ¦ Ragnarok ¦ ACN
Reebie Baramnesra ¦ Midgardsomr ¦ MRD
#7 Nov 04 2010 at 4:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Sorry guys, something is wrong with the comments on guildleve pages and they're not displaying. They're working to fix that.
#8 Nov 04 2010 at 4:33 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
Ilmoran wrote:


This was in the "My First Q&A" edition of "Ask the Devs" on Lodestone, and everyone complained that it was information "everyone knows already".



Who reads, FAQ's, Wikis, and Manuals??? =P

To SE's credit, the second to last group of mobs happen to be right in front of the cave you are supposed to enter. Why is it not intuitive to actually go INTO the cave, I don't know. That wasn't my first reaction either, and they are bats and bugs that you are trying to kill after all.

Edited, Nov 4th 2010 6:33pm by chopstx
____________________________

#9 Nov 04 2010 at 4:38 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
182 posts
Also take note of the yellow circle... when your not at the correct level(meaningif your above ground and its below ground), the yellow circle will be a much lighter color... once you move to the cave, that same yellow circle will be darker. Its an indication that there might be a cave or hill its on
____________________________
#10 Nov 04 2010 at 5:37 PM Rating: Default
*
126 posts
Reebie wrote:
Levequest targets should have arrows instead of just orange/red dots. AND not dissapear off the minimap when far away. That way would know how many, exact direction, and up or down :)


Would you also like them to hold your hand and fight the big bad monster for you?
____________________________
Carbuncle
75 Pld/Bst
#11 Nov 04 2010 at 5:47 PM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
Kadin wrote:


Would you also like them to hold your hand and fight the big bad monster for you?



Oh is there a mod/app for this? It would make multitasking waffles and leves so much easier.
____________________________

#12 Nov 04 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
270 posts
Kadin wrote:
Reebie wrote:
Levequest targets should have arrows instead of just orange/red dots. AND not dissapear off the minimap when far away. That way would know how many, exact direction, and up or down :)


Would you also like them to hold your hand and fight the big bad monster for you?


No need to take it that far. All I'm referring to is mini-map graphics, nothing game-breaking -.-; There are plenty of games that do my suggestion, SL and GTA for examples.
____________________________
Refreshed ¦ Reborn
Shori Ohrensztein ¦ Ragnarok ¦ ACN
Reebie Baramnesra ¦ Midgardsomr ¦ MRD
#13 Nov 04 2010 at 6:03 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
182 posts
Im confused... leve tagets DO have arrows. The arrow dissapears and is replace with red dots when you are in range. I have never had an issue finding a target. It pretty simple actually
____________________________
#14 Nov 04 2010 at 7:03 PM Rating: Good
*
203 posts
jtully wrote:
Im confused... leve tagets DO have arrows. The arrow dissapears and is replace with red dots when you are in range. I have never had an issue finding a target. It pretty simple actually


The problem is when the leve targets are on a different elevation: i.e. in the cave under you. The map shows arrows to get to the general area, and then when you get there changes to a yellow circle for the area, BUT if they are below ground and you are above, you will be in the circle on the map, and no dots for the mobs will appear.

The suggestion for arrows was to create an elevation indicator, so you could tell if they were underground.

Really, although the system could be slightly improved to make it more intuitive, you only need to realize that mistake once to start looking for cave entrances (incidentally, I spent 10 minutes trying to find the mobs for this leve the first time, before it occurred to me that the area was littered with caves).

Edited, Nov 4th 2010 9:05pm by Ilmoran
#15 Nov 04 2010 at 7:07 PM Rating: Good
*
203 posts
chopstx wrote:
Ilmoran wrote:


This was in the "My First Q&A" edition of "Ask the Devs" on Lodestone, and everyone complained that it was information "everyone knows already".



Who reads, FAQ's, Wikis, and Manuals??? =P

To SE's credit, the second to last group of mobs happen to be right in front of the cave you are supposed to enter. Why is it not intuitive to actually go INTO the cave, I don't know. That wasn't my first reaction either, and they are bats and bugs that you are trying to kill after all.

Edited, Nov 4th 2010 6:33pm by chopstx


Well, the people complaining about the FAQs must have [not really] read it :-p

As for the fact that its bats and bugs:
Who reads what the leve target is? I look for the things on my map, and then kill stuff with a mark next to it's name. :-p
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)