Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

A test of DEX vs. ACCFollow

#1 Nov 04 2010 at 2:08 PM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
First I want to link to a recent test done on FFXIVPRO
http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/15675/my-str-and-dex-testing/#961809


A counter to all the DEX=MOAR ACC arguments that have cropped up on the sight. Not saying this solves the problem but it casts a lot more doubt on the correlation between ACC and DEX.

#2 Nov 04 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
179 posts
I took my Dex from 53 to 40 after reading that and... I don't see a difference in acc. I'm in the process (currently getting points down) of playing w/ strength now.

If strength doesn't change my dmg on yellow mobs I'll be putting VIT and MND up and leaving everything else at 40 (for crafting/gathering).
____________________________
FFXIV: Tebhi Liontamer 37 Elezen Marauder Besaid
FFXI: Luk 75 Hume Beastmaster Gilgamesh / Tehbst 85 Taru Beastmaster Ifrit
#3 Nov 04 2010 at 4:05 PM Rating: Good
*
111 posts
I'm not going to do any actual testing myself because I'm far too lazy, but...
I believe stats effect things other than what is listed. here is why

I switch classes alot. When I switched from Mage to GLA (with all of my stats still in vit mnd and piety) i didnt see a notable difference in accuracy (surprise...) but what I did notice was my block wasn't as effective. I noticed that monster's attacks would break through my block (with a bronze scutum) which was odd to me because when I was GLA before this NEVER happened or it was so seldom that i didnt notice it. I know it wasn't VIT that effected it because i have my vit high regardless of whether Im melee or mage so It had to be either DEX or STR that determines how successfully you block.
#4 Nov 04 2010 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
179 posts
Dex would make more sense assuming it has something to do with agility
____________________________
FFXIV: Tebhi Liontamer 37 Elezen Marauder Besaid
FFXI: Luk 75 Hume Beastmaster Gilgamesh / Tehbst 85 Taru Beastmaster Ifrit
#5 Nov 04 2010 at 5:44 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
I'm quite sure DEX does affect ACC in a good way, but it has to be of a certain good amount. I've noticed that in any kind of party, I'm having the best hit ratio and I don't really have much opportunity to use Feint, simply because I have a very big chunk of DEX there mainly for crafting. My thought is that the tester had too low DEX for testing purpose, at r27 my vit is capped at 96, so DEX should be around that as well. That only above certain margin per rank that DEX begins affecting Accuracy/hit ratio.
____________________________




#6 Nov 04 2010 at 7:36 PM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
Khornette wrote:
I'm quite sure DEX does affect ACC in a good way, but it has to be of a certain good amount. I've noticed that in any kind of party, I'm having the best hit ratio and I don't really have much opportunity to use Feint, simply because I have a very big chunk of DEX there mainly for crafting. My thought is that the tester had too low DEX for testing purpose, at r27 my vit is capped at 96, so DEX should be around that as well. That only above certain margin per rank that DEX begins affecting Accuracy/hit ratio.


You're creating an exception to the rule of "more Dex=more ACC." It shouldn't matter what level you are, any amount of DEX should fix it, and the person did push up to 60 DEX in their test which was no different that 10.

DEX does not affect accuracy in the sence it did in FFXI where 1 DEX=.9ACC or something like that. I'm sorry but you're feelings don't mesh vs. the data. Without someone coming out with something else i'd say that you cannot say that DEX affects ACC in anyway.
#7 Nov 04 2010 at 8:19 PM Rating: Good
I did two extensive tests on DEX, on two different classes. My archer test had similar results to the one linked to in the OP. My GLA test seemed to suggest that DEX may be tiered, not linear...at least on GLA.

Perhaps each class has separate weight to stats. It is clear that there is a variable we do not yet understand, or that on some classes certain stats are broken.
____________________________
#8 Nov 04 2010 at 9:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
EzellLangor wrote:
Khornette wrote:
I'm quite sure DEX does affect ACC in a good way, but it has to be of a certain good amount. I've noticed that in any kind of party, I'm having the best hit ratio and I don't really have much opportunity to use Feint, simply because I have a very big chunk of DEX there mainly for crafting. My thought is that the tester had too low DEX for testing purpose, at r27 my vit is capped at 96, so DEX should be around that as well. That only above certain margin per rank that DEX begins affecting Accuracy/hit ratio.


You're creating an exception to the rule of "more Dex=more ACC." It shouldn't matter what level you are, any amount of DEX should fix it, and the person did push up to 60 DEX in their test which was no different that 10.

DEX does not affect accuracy in the sence it did in FFXI where 1 DEX=.9ACC or something like that. I'm sorry but you're feelings don't mesh vs. the data. Without someone coming out with something else i'd say that you cannot say that DEX affects ACC in anyway.


And what if at r26 60 DEX is as good as 0 DEX, but something like 80-90 DEX would show a difference? It might be tiered, it might be bugged, it can be anything until SE come out and say so themselves. As of right now, 180 DEF and 0 DEF is the same on high rank mobs (40ish - 1.5k), but 250 DEF cut the damage almost by half (same one - 750). That makes you think there might be more than just some simple math of 1 DEX = X Acc, and X Acc - Y Evasion = % to hit.
____________________________




#9 Nov 05 2010 at 12:17 AM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
Khornette wrote:
EzellLangor wrote:
Khornette wrote:
I'm quite sure DEX does affect ACC in a good way, but it has to be of a certain good amount. I've noticed that in any kind of party, I'm having the best hit ratio and I don't really have much opportunity to use Feint, simply because I have a very big chunk of DEX there mainly for crafting. My thought is that the tester had too low DEX for testing purpose, at r27 my vit is capped at 96, so DEX should be around that as well. That only above certain margin per rank that DEX begins affecting Accuracy/hit ratio.


You're creating an exception to the rule of "more Dex=more ACC." It shouldn't matter what level you are, any amount of DEX should fix it, and the person did push up to 60 DEX in their test which was no different that 10.

DEX does not affect accuracy in the sence it did in FFXI where 1 DEX=.9ACC or something like that. I'm sorry but you're feelings don't mesh vs. the data. Without someone coming out with something else i'd say that you cannot say that DEX affects ACC in anyway.


And what if at r26 60 DEX is as good as 0 DEX, but something like 80-90 DEX would show a difference? It might be tiered, it might be bugged, it can be anything until SE come out and say so themselves. As of right now, 180 DEF and 0 DEF is the same on high rank mobs (40ish - 1.5k), but 250 DEF cut the damage almost by half (same one - 750). That makes you think there might be more than just some simple math of 1 DEX = X Acc, and X Acc - Y Evasion = % to hit.


Another variable, lol......i will agree and say that it's back to the drawing board. First thing is to determine if there is a "cap" or tier based on rank. Think I saw something on VIT caps per rank but not sure if that was solid. I'm sure someone will come behind me and either link it or dismiss it.
#10 Nov 05 2010 at 1:11 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
76 posts
I am not good in statistic but my common sense tell me a sample of 200 is very small to test something with only a few % different.

Conclusion drawn fm test with such small sample is nothing better than a wild guess.

I hope more ppl will conduct similar tests and one day we can see the trend(or no trend) for dex/acc clearly when we combined all the data.
#11 Nov 05 2010 at 1:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
97 posts
Dex has to affect ACC to some extent because I do not believe SE with all their flaws would implement a totally useless attribute that had no effect.
#12 Nov 05 2010 at 4:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
LordBalrog wrote:
Dex has to affect ACC to some extent because I do not believe SE with all their flaws would implement a totally useless attribute that had no effect.
lol.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#13 Nov 05 2010 at 5:24 AM Rating: Decent
*
73 posts
Good test, but you forgot the 'weapon and gear wear' variable.

I'm waiting for someone to do this naked.. with their weapon at over 90% at all times - and fixing it to 100% after changing their dex stats.
____________________________
FFXI: Rison of Alexander (retired)
FFXIV: Rison Srithuram of Palamecia
LS: Omnipresence [ http://omnipresencels.com ]
#14 Nov 05 2010 at 9:24 AM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
Siulang wrote:
I am not good in statistic but my common sense tell me a sample of 200 is very small to test something with only a few % different.

Conclusion drawn fm test with such small sample is nothing better than a wild guess.

I hope more ppl will conduct similar tests and one day we can see the trend(or no trend) for dex/acc clearly when we combined all the data.


His sample was 200 per 10 increase giveing a sample of 800 from 10-50 that is plenty. And i'm not using this as proof nor is he, what he was looking for was a pattern, as you can see from the data no pattern exists,

Also SE said in the "ask the Dev's" thing today that DEX affects ACC but on a tiered level, so maybe we need to try DEX tests from like 80 and up, I have no clue but if i was asking the devs I'd show them this data and say dex is broken.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)