Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

For those who Quit "Why?" Thread will be sent to SE !Follow

#1 Nov 05 2010 at 11:26 AM Rating: Decent
*
53 posts
This thread will be Sent to SE after collecting worthy Data from FF14 Users, so keep it Bash/hate free say your points and leave it at that, arguments and flaming does not belong to this thread please

Anyone who defends SE blindly please LEAVE Like how some people enjoy the game there are people who do not.


Point of this thread is NOT to bash FF14 nor Defend FF14, it's about posting a summery on why you left the game and what would bring you back if ever


Please make your reply as short as possible and TELL us your level/rank when you left

I will Start (Use my example here if you want)

Character info : Gladiator Rank 27 Level 30 and all other jobs about RANK 10

What made you quit :
1- Stopped getting any SP from solo play at rank 25 unless i grind a whole week for 1 level (i play 4 hours a day)

2- trying to join PTs for faster SP is hard (no one use PT function) and when i join one doing my job slow down my SP because spamming attacks is better than tanking but the entire PT system is not fun because it courage button mash and invite as many people as you can without any strategy or tactics

3- The main and only Content of the game is guildleves (i don't craft) and i started feeling like a robot doing them day after day to the point where i can't do a single leve anymore (all of them are the same, kill rats or find IMP)

4-lack of a reason to stay or any content to play, hating Leves = hating FF14 since it's what FF14 is about atm

What would bring me Back :
1- Fix the SP issues (Those who are below rank 25 will not feel the pain of rank25 until they reach it)

2- Give me a reason to do Leves, my character was fully geared (thanks to the broken economy everything is CHEAP and plenty of gil from leves) however i do not want money anymore and I'm getting no sp at all now from leves rank 25+

3-Make PT play "fun" i wont say how because that's SE job not mine.

4- Content that is worth playing, where are the AF quests? BCNMs? Dynamis? epic story battles? variety of areas? anything really give us something to do instead of going AFK in a city.

* If you will never come back even if everything was fixed which would be rare i assume tell us why?


Edited, Nov 5th 2010 1:31pm by SephNex
#2 Nov 05 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,083 posts
Who is going to be walking this to their headquarters? Just curious.
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#3 Nov 05 2010 at 11:44 AM Rating: Decent
**
462 posts
OP will go dressed as a dead horse to throw them off guard... and then BAM, heres the list of complaints that have been rehashed over and over and over again!!!

Good Luck in your crusade.
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#4 Nov 05 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,571 posts
I know a guy.
____________________________


#5 Nov 05 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Decent
*
53 posts
rikkuotaku wrote:
Who is going to be walking this to their headquarters? Just curious.


I have Direct contact with SE (Not only about FF14 but with their products in general). whether they listen or not is questionable but the thread will be indeed delivered to SE without a Doubt if you have questions PM me so we don't go off-topic in this thread.

MaverickBG wrote:
OP will go dressed as a dead horse to throw them off guard... and then BAM, heres the list of complaints that have been rehashed over and over and over again!!!

Good Luck in your crusade.


LOL


SabastianSeraph wrote:
I know a guy.


I'm the guy :) i do have contact with SE, i publish guides to their products (their offline games mostly not FF11 or FF14 only)

We are going into a bad start lol guys i expected better from FF community :P

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 1:49pm by SephNex

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 1:49pm by SephNex
#6 Nov 05 2010 at 11:49 AM Rating: Default
**
462 posts
This direct contact isn't the janitor or something is it? I mean, if you hand this to some random guy in the building, I doubt hes gonna have too much pull....

Are you gonna have an introductory page or something? I just want this plan to be well thought out.. it sounds like you're being very ambitious and I like it....
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#7 Nov 05 2010 at 11:51 AM Rating: Decent
**
462 posts
Also- I think you'll be able to get all the 'source material' you need from the complaints thread...
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#8 Nov 05 2010 at 12:00 PM Rating: Decent
*
53 posts
MaverickBG wrote:
This direct contact isn't the janitor or something is it? I mean, if you hand this to some random guy in the building, I doubt hes gonna have too much pull....

Are you gonna have an introductory page or something? I just want this plan to be well thought out.. it sounds like you're being very ambitious and I like it....


My relationship with SE is not "awesome" i have been dealing with them for a longtime with their lawyers and mangers not a janitor...... because i have been using their "copyright materials" "AS THEY CLAIM (gotta say that for legal reasons :P)" for a lot of my work so yes i do have direct contacts with SE after years of problems with them, i have said so much in this thread already and i do not want to say more for legal and privacy issues. <.> sometimes you people get so complicated ! i have no reason to lie or make things up, i could have just basically just said tell us why you quit and call it a day but i will really send this to SE so i wrote it,

Dunno what's the big deal.

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 2:02pm by SephNex
#9 Nov 05 2010 at 12:05 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,673 posts
SephNex wrote:
My relationship with SE is not "awesome" i have been dealing with them for a longtime with their lawyers and mangers not a janitor...... because i have been using their "copyright materials" "AS THEY CLAIM (gotta say that for legal reasons :P)" for a lot of my work so yes i do have direct contacts with SE after years of problems with them, i have said so much in this thread already and i do not want to say more for legal and privacy issues. <.> sometimes you people get so complicated ! i have no reason to lie or make things up, i could have just basically just said tell us why you quit and call it a day but i will really send this to SE so i wrote it,

Dunno what's the big deal.

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 2:02pm by SephNex


The way you wrote that makes it seem like you have been contacted by their lawyers because you have used copyrighted material without permission. If that's true, not the best relationship to have.

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 2:06pm by Geffe
#10 Nov 05 2010 at 12:07 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
SephNex wrote:
MaverickBG wrote:
This direct contact isn't the janitor or something is it? I mean, if you hand this to some random guy in the building, I doubt hes gonna have too much pull....

Are you gonna have an introductory page or something? I just want this plan to be well thought out.. it sounds like you're being very ambitious and I like it....


My relationship with SE is not "awesome" i have been dealing with them for a longtime with their lawyers and mangers not a janitor...... because i have been using their "copyright materials" "AS THEY CLAIM (gotta say that for legal reasons :P)" for a lot of my work so yes i do have direct contacts with SE after years of problems with them, i have said so much in this thread already and i do not want to say more for legal and privacy issues. <.> sometimes you people get so complicated ! i have no reason to lie or make things up, i could have just basically just said tell us why you quit and call it a day but i will really send this to SE so i wrote it,

Dunno what's the big deal.

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 2:02pm by SephNex


Oh yeah? Then tell me this, if I make a FF fanwebsite called guildleves (just as an example), and profit from it, can they sue my ***?
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#11MaverickBG, Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 12:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) What kind of "work" is it that you do? And you're probably the reason why their profits are down to 75% or whatever people are spamming on the forums!!
#12 Nov 05 2010 at 12:13 PM Rating: Default
*
164 posts
/\
||
||
||
|| That was funny
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#13 Nov 05 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Decent
*
53 posts
MaverickBG wrote:
What kind of "work" is it that you do? And you're probably the reason why their profits are down to 75% or whatever people are spamming on the forums!!

Stealing from our beloved Square-Enix.. I never thought I'd see the day....

Also- they're going to accept this feedback from a known THIEF?!

I don't know if I should even be talking to you... you do know SE checks these forums? IP tracer probably being activated as we speak.. oh god.. I need to burn this computer.. FAST!!! I need to find a proxy... this was the WRONG thread to post in...



What o.o lol

When did i say that i was a thief or i have stolen anything? SE claim i have used their copyright matrials and i say it's a lie and what i use is protected by the law under "Fair use" laws, SE is butthurt about it but i do have a popular Site build Around SE games and community, my site is free but SE want to put Ads and sh*t on my site when i refuse to do so, why we still talking about this? let them track my ip they couldn't do anything for years because i know my rights and the law, and Yes in america you can use ANY copyrighted matrials as long as you follow the fair use policy (Imagine if someone make a video review about ff14, DUH of course it will use SE matrial but it's not stealing)

And thread is dead ! yay lol

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 2:17pm by SephNex

Edited, Nov 5th 2010 2:18pm by SephNex
#14 Nov 05 2010 at 12:55 PM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
Character info : Conjurer Rank 16 Level 25 and all other jobs about RANK 10

What made you quit :
1- CON and THM solo play is impossible, skill ups are far too random and efficient, fast killing of monsters results in less SP gained.

2- Parties provided almost zero SP for me as a non-healer.

3- Zero side quests, interesting NPC chat, or anything to make me like the world. Story line missions are not enough and leves offer zero insight on Eorzea.

4- DoL classes are a pain in the ***. I have to juggle limited inventory, bad bazaar system when I sell items, and a horrible fatigue system.

5- Horrible bazaar system. Considering that every item you find on monsters or from gathering can be used in a craft, it's impossible to get anywhere without an AH.

6- Game won't stop crashing. Fix needed for AMD/ATI systems.

7- Travel is annoying at best. The majority of my time spent on FFXIV was spent traveling. Anima costs for teleportation are insane.

8- Impossible to explore. High level monsters everywhere, in tight corridors. Even if you could explore, there's nothing cool to see. Zone layout and design is lackluster.

What would bring me Back :
1- Fix the SP issues

2- Add side quests

3- Add fully functional AH. This is imperative.

4- Fix crashing for AMD/ATI systems.

5- Add a lot more travel options; teleport spells ala Teleport Mea/Dem are good. They are free to cast, with no cooldown, but only take you to one spot. Chocobos are a must.

6- Make the zones interesting. Change monster layout, do away with copy pasted terrain, add water falls, ruins, etc.

7- Do away with gathering fatigue.
#15 Nov 05 2010 at 5:44 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
43 posts
Anyone here play WoW? the biggest competition on mmo's atm basically...

Remember dailies? How no one likes them? And hates them with a burning passion?

That is EXACTLY what levequests are. While leveling, you should never have to do the same quests... Killing the same monster for grinding is fine. But repeating quests - very bad move.
#16 Nov 05 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Default
***
1,408 posts
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a man who knows a gent who knows a business man who knows this lady who knows this woman who knows a secretary who has a daughter who is related to a man who works for SE.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#17 Nov 05 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Decent
**
429 posts
Shujinx wrote:
Anyone here play WoW? the biggest competition on mmo's atm basically...

Remember dailies? How no one likes them? And hates them with a burning passion?

That is EXACTLY what levequests are. While leveling, you should never have to do the same quests... Killing the same monster for grinding is fine. But repeating quests - very bad move.


Not only are dailies boring as ****, but SE somehow managed to make them worse. In WOW, I can grab 4-5 dailies at a time from camp, head out and do all of them, and do the return trip once. My rewards are always the same, same experience, honor, marks, etc. I can count on dailies being there at any time, on any day.

In FFXIV, I can only do one at a time, they're on a timer, my SP rewards are random at best, my gold/item/guild mark rewards are random, and I can only do 8 per 36 hour period.
#18 Nov 05 2010 at 6:19 PM Rating: Good
**
519 posts
idk abt the OP but i actually worked for SE FOR 4 yrs
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof2wl0.jpg
its also in the about me of my myspace which i really need to update

www.myspace.com/tetsuol
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#19 Nov 06 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Decent
Number 1 thing to fix is the degrading weapons and gear system.
This is the most horrible feature ive ever seen.
Make your weapon and gear last for at least a week before you need to repair them or get rid of the repair system altogether.
This would make the game much more enjoyable and the many other annoyances much more bearable.

Next are the obvious that many have already pointed out but here are a few of my own:

2- Stop releasing unreleased features. Having to wait months to half years for a feature to be usable like chocobos, airships, other cities etc etc. Retail game disk seems like a demo instead of a full game.

3- Already been stressed to **** but we really need some sort of search bazaar function. If that was implemented then it would kinda act like a AH so just stick with putting in a AH and leave the bazaars for rare stuff of just our extra inventory space.
Just please add a AH to a future update.

4- (again) Please kill the repair system. It is so incredibly annoying and useless.
Do i dare to equip all my equipment slots just to have something degrade in 1 hour?

5- Allow Mages to cast spells without holding a weapon, I like to cast with hands, it looks much cooler.

6- I don't even know what to say about the black forest map layout. (PS1 MMO?)

7- also I think thats enough. Just please fix number 1 (and 4).
____________________________
One day maybe:
ShaolinGate.com
#20 Nov 06 2010 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
676 posts
You're posting a thread asking why people have quit the game on a forum for people who are currently playing the game? Is it just me who thinks this is a bit of a lost cause?
____________________________

FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#21 Nov 06 2010 at 11:32 AM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
idk abt the OP but i actually worked for SE FOR 4 yrs
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof2wl0.jpg
its also in the about me of my myspace which i really need to update

www.myspace.com/tetsuol


Hands down the best janitor they had!
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#22 Nov 06 2010 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
*
158 posts
I haven't unsubscribed yet, but I haven't signed on since the game's release week. I'll probably end up unsubscribing before this month's over, since I have no desire to play the game.

- The overall experience of FFXIV was underwhelming. Graphics aren't a draw for me if there's no content to back those pixels up.

- Backwards materials exchange system; no ah, no mail system, retainers are a hassle with the slow UI.

- Music doesn't do anything for me: they should've had more composers on board to develop the soundtrack, because what they've got isn't worthy of a Final Fantasy title. Music is very big factor for me.


Oh well, life sort of just happened for me, and I'm starting to find more productive ways to spend my free time than building up a virtual barbie. FFXIV was the final straw for me, I guess. Too old for MMOs now, I'm gonna say.
#23 Nov 06 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
***
1,021 posts
Character info : Conjurer 16, Several crafts 10-14

What made you quit :

- Grind was already getting heavy for SP; knew it only gets even longer grind from there onwards. Solo SP was boring. Party SP was boring and not effective. Crafting SP was very repetitive.

- No effective economy.

- No content other than main story lines. I don't even consider the guildleves content with how poor they are.

What would bring me Back :

- If they fixed everything except the graphics. I'm ok with the graphics, but I don't think there is anything else in this game that I actually like.

- Add lots of content.
#24 Nov 06 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Con 16, Lancer 13, bunch of other stuff around 10. couple crafts around 12-13.


quit because:

SP gains are erratic, and too low for the xp needed
XP per level is too high ( kinda goes with the first one)
repairs are too difficult
No indication of what endgame will be like
No NM weapons, or otherwise interesting gear.

what could make me sub back up:
normalizing XP, no more random chance on hit, make it mob based
lower curve, or increase XP per mob. Leveling several classes at the current rate isn't worth it.
decrease durability loss or make repairs easier. Let me trade repair mats to NPC for repairs rather than find players.
Tell me what may or may not be happening at level caps. Raiding, Camping, more grinding?
____________________________


#25 Nov 06 2010 at 1:03 PM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
idk abt the OP but i actually worked for SE FOR 4 yrs
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof2wl0.jpg
its also in the about me of my myspace which i really need to update

www.myspace.com/tetsuol


Hands down the best janitor they had!

aww u mad?
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#26 Nov 06 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
188 posts
I quit because this game is so dull, that even the thought of listing all of it's faults exhausts me.
#27 Nov 06 2010 at 1:37 PM Rating: Default
Sage
*
124 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
idk abt the OP but i actually worked for SE FOR 4 yrs
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof2wl0.jpg
its also in the about me of my myspace which i really need to update

www.myspace.com/tetsuol


We share the same b-day O.O
____________________________
Drg90, Blu90, Pld90, Rdm90 Smn90, Dnc90, Drk90, Mnk90, Whm77, Blm73
#28 Nov 06 2010 at 1:57 PM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
Toukai wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
idk abt the OP but i actually worked for SE FOR 4 yrs
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof2wl0.jpg
its also in the about me of my myspace which i really need to update

www.myspace.com/tetsuol


We share the same b-day O.O

oddly enough so do me and my dad except he was born in 61 and i was born in 81 exactly 20 yrs later
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#29 Nov 06 2010 at 2:42 PM Rating: Default
*
152 posts
Lonix wrote:
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a man who knows a gent who knows a business man who knows this lady who knows this woman who knows a secretary who has a daughter who is related to a man who works for SE.


OMG!!! That is so crazy because my aunt married that business man who knows that lady who knows that woman who knows a secretary who has a daughter who is related to a man who works for SE. What a small world.
#30 Nov 06 2010 at 3:52 PM Rating: Default
1 post
As the end of the extended free trial period draws near I find myself seriously wondering why I should renew my account.

I'm a business analyst by trade that works on designing software for a living, this is not as exciting as game development as it is in the financial realm, however there are certain rules one must observe when creating any type of software.

1. Usability

WHY!!!!!!
Why must I access 3, 4, 5 levels of menu to be able to execute a task. The amount of selection, confirmation and confirmation of confirmation is ludicrous. It makes me want to bang my head on my desk instead of leaning back and enjoying a bit of game after a long days work.

I understand that redesigning the entire menu and UI system may be a bit of herculean task, however this could be easily improved by allowing more text commands to bring up items.

As an idea let us use:

/macro so we can open macro menu
or
/stand so we can stand without having to access a menu since we already have the /sit command.

...etc

2. Performance

Let's face it, FFXIV is a beautiful and graphically rich game, however the performance of this game is just the pits. I'm not sure how such a crucial element of the game has been overlooked. Performance and Stress testing had obviously been swept under the rug.

We are having issues with a couple of dozen players crafting in a single area, I can't imagine what will happen with linkshell groups trying to gather in one location, or an overcrowded city.

Allow players to turn off weather effects - yes they're pretty but I really don't need to see every drop of rain as I run through the forest/desert/jungle I can live without it.


3. Tight Fisted Control on Game Economy

Why on earth someone would take all that's successful in FFXI and refuse to implement it in FFXIV effectively crippling the players is beyond me. Game economy should be controlled by the players. The game is played by us and experienced by us, refusing to give us a means in which to quickly and effectively purchase and sell items is yet another strike against the game.

I do not have a lot of time to play and I do not want to spend hours looking for a player who sells a maple wand for a reasonable price. Search option may be a nice feature in the future, however this brings us again to then trying to locate the person from the search.

MAKE A DATABASE AND SINGLE LOCATION ACCESS POINT - Give us an auction house.


4. Storing

If you want people to pay for multiple characters (fee per character is already ridiculous considering other games give tend to give an average of 5 accounts for a flat fee that is cheaper than FFXIV) give us a method of muling items between characters.

I do not want to have to log on my husbands account to move items between mine and his character so I can put it on my other character and ... 4 slots to trade? Be reasonable and extend the amount.

Perhaps a mailing feature to send items between retainers could be implemented in the short term or being able to access a single retainer across multiple characters in an account, providing the retainer had an inventory size proportionate to amount of characters in account. (ie 1 char = 80 slots, 2 char 160 slots ...etc)

WE LIKED OUR MOG HOUSE.. we liked growing plants and hoping that they yield the awesome ores or other fun items, it's like opening a kinder surprise. Why deprive us of the little things in the old game that made it enjoyable.


5. Repair

Many MMORPG's had a repair for use element. Yes, weapons and armor would wear down over time, however FFXIV took this too far. Cost of repair is too high compared to item durability and coming across money in the game is a very slow process - anyone who wants to play casually and not relying on a party (yes, for some reason I heard that FFXIV would be more soloable what happened to this?!) is crippled the the ridiculous costs of armor repair. Please adjust or here's a thought.. remove the need to repair all together.


6. General thoughts

You want a satisfied, happy client base that enjoys your game. We as a client base simply want a game we can enjoy, we do not want another JOB - ie an activity which makes us tired, anxious and frustrated. Frankly at this rate we should be paid for playing this game considering the amount of work the fan base has put in to give SE advice on what they should do to improve this poorly released product. Relax your tight grip on control and let the fans take over the reins a little. It will be for the good of all.

We want to support FFXIV but at this rate you make it very difficult for us to do so. Let's face it there is a reason why WOW was so popular and well with the new expansion coming in this December, there are a lot of people who may return to playing WOW for a little R&R instead. Give us a reason to stay.

please.







#31 Nov 06 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
124 posts
If you should send anything, read this blog entry, it lists just about every problem i can think of, its not my blog although i commented on his here and there.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/diary/entry?e=61205
Its a long read but hes organized and written it in a professional manner ( @ least parts 1-4 then his speech gets more casual)

If ur up for some walls of text and bulleted lists of things that need to be fixed in a non-flamey way i think this players blog is a great read :o

I linked to pt.5 because he has links for parts 1-4, id start w/ 1 or 2, 1 is more of his background w/ SE so maybe 2 if u wanna jump into a list of needed fixes.

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 6:41pm by Toukai
____________________________
Drg90, Blu90, Pld90, Rdm90 Smn90, Dnc90, Drk90, Mnk90, Whm77, Blm73
#32 Nov 06 2010 at 9:43 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
First of all. i ALREADY cancel the account,(play ffxi 7 years and quit ffxiv in one month....) but still play to c the change.

Con 20. all others at rank 10. PL 23.

reason to quit:

1. playablity. this game is really player unfriendly. i will give this game lowest gameplay score.

1. UI lag. don't know how they design this, but i can't image a game has lag like this.

2. NO AH. forget about stupid, annoying market ward. (even if they add seach function, it will still sux)

4. ramdom sp gain. unfair pt sp gain.

5. game is too easy. nothing exciting. (no more bcnm, mission battle.....)


what will bring me back:

1. add AH

2. no more UI lag

3. make game playable.

4. add more chanllenge like bcnm, hard mission.













#33 Nov 07 2010 at 12:39 AM Rating: Default
*
220 posts
18 GLD, 16 MIN, 16 BS - long time FFXI player

I'm going to write this post comparing things I liked in FFXI and which have been completely neglected from FFXIV

1.
In FFXI each job had a role, the 6 person party was put together thoughtfully and every job used their skills to the highest efficiency.

In FF14 it's just group lots of ppl, run around and button mash! - Not very fun or rewarding, esp without a death penalty.


2.
I'd play new jobs in FFXI imagining the fun i'd have in party and doing my role effectively. Exp chains gave you incentive and consistent feedback on how well u were exping.

FF14, random inconsistent skill ups?
#34 Nov 07 2010 at 1:15 AM Rating: Good
6 posts
I'm starting to remember why this forum is absolutely terrible. Every thread that has the potential of being useful people have to come and **** on with all their stupid snide remarks and idiotic commentary.

Guess what all you pimple-faced 16 year olds in your mom's basement - there's an actual world out there, where some people work in the games industry or related industries, and ACTUALLY KNOW PEOPLE. Wow! Amazing discovery! Is it really that surprising that people who work in games are playing a game and posting on a forum about it?

Heck, I could be a programmer currently working on a AAA title that's going to sell at least 8 million copies, and you'd never even know it......... Although it would certainly get a lot of "lol"s and "ya rite"s

Edited, Nov 7th 2010 2:20am by bruiserc5
#35 Nov 07 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
40 posts
FSH 20, CUL 16, LNC 13

I quit because there really isn't a reason to rank up. Sure there's a main story mission/Job mission every once in a while, but I need more than that to make grinding out the SP worth my time.

There is absolutely nothing fun about this game. I don't even want to sit here and write an exhaustive list of all the problems. That would be almost as boring as playing the game.
____________________________
FFXIV - Rabanastre - Fisherman
FFXI - Leviathan - 75 Beastmaster /37 NIN/40 THF/40 BLU
#36 Nov 07 2010 at 12:51 PM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
bruiserc5 wrote:
I'm starting to remember why this forum is absolutely terrible. Every thread that has the potential of being useful people have to come and sh*t on with all their stupid snide remarks and idiotic commentary.

Guess what all you pimple-faced 16 year olds in your mom's basement - there's an actual world out there, where some people work in the games industry or related industries, and ACTUALLY KNOW PEOPLE. Wow! Amazing discovery! Is it really that surprising that people who work in games are playing a game and posting on a forum about it?

Heck, I could be a programmer currently working on a AAA title that's going to sell at least 8 million copies, and you'd never even know it......... Although it would certainly get a lot of "lol"s and "ya rite"s

Edited, Nov 7th 2010 2:20am by bruiserc5

i take great offence to this good sir!
as i am 29 close to 30 and am one of the biggest trolls.. i havent had pimples since i was like 14 aka 15+ yrs ago
plus my mom never had a basement so there
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#37 Nov 07 2010 at 12:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
17 posts
Toukai wrote:
If you should send anything, read this blog entry, it lists just about every problem i can think of, its not my blog although i commented on his here and there.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/diary/entry?e=61205
Its a long read but hes organized and written it in a professional manner ( @ least parts 1-4 then his speech gets more casual)

If ur up for some walls of text and bulleted lists of things that need to be fixed in a non-flamey way i think this players blog is a great read :o

I linked to pt.5 because he has links for parts 1-4, id start w/ 1 or 2, 1 is more of his background w/ SE so maybe 2 if u wanna jump into a list of needed fixes.

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 6:41pm by Toukai




This has been the best post i have seen on this forum hands down. The person who wrote this blog has taken the time and effort to not only write down what is wrong but also give some fantastic ways of correcting the issues. If that was just sent to SE for them to work away at eventually the game would be outstanding and indeed categorized as one of the greatest MMORPG ever created. Thnx a ton for sharing this I found it as a great read and a MUST READ for SE.
____________________________


#38 Nov 08 2010 at 7:05 AM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
bruiserc5 wrote:
I'm starting to remember why this forum is absolutely terrible. Every thread that has the potential of being useful people have to come and sh*t on with all their stupid snide remarks and idiotic commentary.

Guess what all you pimple-faced 16 year olds in your mom's basement - there's an actual world out there, where some people work in the games industry or related industries, and ACTUALLY KNOW PEOPLE. Wow! Amazing discovery! Is it really that surprising that people who work in games are playing a game and posting on a forum about it?

Heck, I could be a programmer currently working on a AAA title that's going to sell at least 8 million copies, and you'd never even know it......... Although it would certainly get a lot of "lol"s and "ya rite"s

Edited, Nov 7th 2010 2:20am by bruiserc5


I take issue with your claim that this thread has the potential of being useful.

While your point about not knowing who works in the games industry and who doesn't is perfectly valid, I'd still put money on the OP not having any professional contact with SE at all.

This thread would be laughed out of an office. Especially if it was written by the OP who may have a lot of enthusiasm but doesn't have the greatest presentation skills.

p.s. I'm over 30, live in my own house and I'm a professional non-game software developer. Generalisations are to be avoided.
#39 Nov 08 2010 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
10 posts
1- I can't stand blatant grinding, at least disquise it with some quests or something.

2- Random SP gain, this just drives me crazy.

3- Too focused on crafting, my "fantasy" isn't to gather and craft items that I'll later use to make items to later make other items.

what would make me ome back? maybe if they completely redid the leveling system
#40 Nov 08 2010 at 8:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Give us a party seek system similar to FFXI, make partying a more viable option and make it strategical, how anyone goes from FFXI party system to FFXIV is beyond me.
____________________________
MUTED
#41 Nov 08 2010 at 9:58 AM Rating: Good
THM 20
CON 17
Weaver 20
Leathercraft 15


Why I quit?

1. I loved mage jobs in FFXI to the point where I actually had them all leveled up (WHM, RDM, BLM, SCH, SMN, PUP, BRD, PLD, DRK, BLU and even COR eventhough it's not really spells it casts). In FFXIV mages really don't even have a role… except spamming cure which gives you very little amount of SP compared to physical attacks. As a mage you need to spam your phantom dart or whatever other attack you have to gain more SP and everything in a party grind really is just getting SP. You don't get to perform your job to the max because you are so consumed in trying to figure out how to get the best SP - THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
Nukes are absolutely useless as well as DOT spells… they don't give SP so I don't use them … what a waste.

2. The idea about being able to mix and match the spells and abilities is a great idea but not thought through. In 14 there really is just 2 jobs… a DD with healing abilities and a mage with ...erm… healing abilities - well done Square Enix!

3.I am not even going to go to the horrible thing called market wards… again… a good idea but does not work AT ALL - just admit it Square Enix, you really shot yourself in the foot with this one.

4. Levequests are super boring. Go here, kill these mobs (or they might be hiding so you need to kill some other mobs) and voila. And then do this again and again and again… oh but if you get bored of doing the levequests you can always craft and do the local levequests… which all consist of making the same pair of shoes to the same NPC over and over… because THAT IS SO MUCH MORE FUN. Jeez… just the quest where you take the coupon to a NPC to get 50 gil in FFXI when you started the game was more interesting.

I don't know about others but in FFXI (or any other game to be honest) I never did a quest more than once (well except bring the yagudo necklaces to the Mithra for Norg fame) and yet I still had loads to do… in FFXIV the name of the game seems to be repetition.

5. Why on earth do I have to go through every piece of armor to find the one that is broken?! Why can't the item for example get a subtle shade of red in the inventory menu? In a way I like the reality factor that things get broken after a while but some limits to it would be nice… I didn't wear gear that was higher than me but still one grind party later I would have to go and fix my stuff again… seriously now, how realistic is that? And if already now it cost 4500 gil to repair my level 12 staff, how much would it have cost to repair my level 50 staff in the future?

There is still more, like the UI, chocobos, airships, rest of the content and some other little bits and pieces but they are sort of things that I have been able to dismiss for now… but the ones above really got me to the point where I had to admit my defeat and start playing Civilization V which I actually really enjoyed from the moment I installed it.

What would make me come back?

Well I will check back in March anyway, but things that would make me stay:

1. Re-think the mage jobs… Game shouldn't be just about spamming attacks, nukes and DOTs should be seriously thought through.
2. Re-think the mixing and matching of abilities… does this feature bring as much as it takes away from the game?
3. Create the Auction House (copy paste from FFXI would do just fine)
4. Implement more variety in the quests and make it so you CAN'T REPEAT all of them.. Oh and maybe have some other quests too than just the leves, I am sure there are NPCs that are looking for missing things or need help getting rid of bandits that has taken over their summer house… Come one now SE, even I can come up with quests, I am sure you can do too!!
5. Either scrap the whole repairing items thing OR make it easier in so many ways.
____________________________

#42 Nov 08 2010 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
199 posts
My issues:

1. Leves are SO utterly BORING. B-O-R-I-N-G.... There's no story to them, and they DO NOT immerse you in the world at all. If leves aren't fun that's bad because the basis of the game is leves and I really think they are the boringest thing I have ever done in any video game.

2. Repair - I think the rate is fine but npc repair costs are too high since they only repair to 75%

3. Leves are boring.

4. There's very little social in the game. It was fun before my friends all quit, but now its not and its hard finding an active LS or finding a party.
____________________________
PS3 - Lil_Mermaid_Girl
#43 Nov 08 2010 at 5:23 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
196 posts
I quit because there are greater and more fun games out there for the pc (I am not a console gamer)... I sparingly played dragon age in the past.. After I saw they are releaseing Dragon age ultimage edition with the whole DLC package and everything included.. I preorder that.. Guild Wars 2 is coming out which happens to be most anticipated king of next gen MMO's which is coming out next year (god knows when though.) Torchlight 2 multiplayer next year Q1 ... Dragon Knight Saga Divinity II already released..
I also recently joined a squad team for Killing Floor which further cuts in my game play time for Final Fantasy XIV ..
Let me just go ahead and list all the games on my current desktop including Final Fantasy XIV..

- Torchlight 1
- Titan quest immortal throne
- Lord of the Rings Online
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Crime Craft
- Dynasty Warrior Online
- Facebook Poker (no idea.. I just love zynga poker ._. )
- Mass effect 2 (I think I was going in my second play through to get the perfect save for mass effect 3 )
- Dirt 2
- Dragon age (both awakening and origins)
- Need For speed most wanted
- Governor Of poker 2
- Knights of the old republic (Should uninstall this .. I already beat it once, but never got around to removing it)
- Vindictus
- Starcraft 2
- League of Legends
- A.I. Fleet Command
- Blacklight tango down (this game sucks.. I am going to go ahead and say it)
- Counter strike source (a classic why wouldn't a real gamer have it?)
- Gratuitous Space battles (should uninstall as I have A.I. Fleet Command
- Killing Floor
- King's bounty (all expansions and original i.e. Armored Princess, crossworld, legend)
- l4d2
- l4d
- Unreal Tournament 3 (for warming up my fingers :D)

After analyzing my desktop for awhile I realize FFXIV pales in comparison to all my other games in terms of fun.. FFXIV is not fun for me.. I find it terribly boring.. I am entitled to my own opinions.. all my opinions about this game are generally negative.. if you would like to know more go read the ign, gamespot, and god knows how many youtube reviews that agrees with me.. Why should I grind endlessly in an MMO that is craptastic at best.. when I can go and play the many dozens and dozens of games I already have installed? Exactly there is no reason to...

For your information: I do play these games daily if not between every 2 days each of these games are at least played with once... I classify myself as a general gamer that will play anything and everything for as long as the game is fun.. I am far from bias but I know sh*tty games when I see it... FFXIV falls in this sh*tty game category... grinding to me is not fun.. that is 2002-2004 era when i was playing Free mmo's left and right those are the grinding days..

In the present I would expect to play a game that is fast paced and grabs my attention with fantastic lore, adventure, gameplay, mechanics, etc..

Before you start qqing about how I pirate all my games.. don't be stupid..

Add my on steam dragonrage25
or the image below
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/student908065/GOD3.jpg
yep I pirated my games.. stupid people with stupid accusations.. don't try it..




Edited, Nov 8th 2010 6:26pm by nick2412
____________________________
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)