Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This thread is locked

Why does my opinion bother you?Follow

#1 Nov 06 2010 at 3:19 AM Rating: Decent
*
156 posts
I have read over and over how the few that are still enjoying the game are so sick of people that have quit still lurking and posting. Even seen one nitwit call us trolling for not wanting to pay the 12.95 for an unfinished game.

Does my opinion and the opinion of other like minded individuals really disturb you that much? Yes there are some who just bark off angry posts complaining about the same thing that was posted on day one. Then again others may post about the same thign but they have some different perspective. I try to keep my post from being completely hatefull, as I think this game has real promise. I also believe ( mostly hope lol but hey wish upon a star eh?) that SE will pay attention and perk up. They have to they do not have the money to place into R&D of a new game, nor do I truly think they would want to.

I do not think the game is playable now, according to some that makes me not belong on this forum. I refuse to play 12.95 for an unfinished game, I would rather wait for free and follow the progress of the game without supporting a product i do not like, this makes me poor and pathetic to others. I do all this while posting on this forum, not many of them are positive anymore, but then again they are honest. I tend to keep my opinion on whether or not the said flaw is bareable to myself in the attempts to let the OP make his or her own decisions. Even so this makes me and all those like me a flamer,troll, or stupid for wasting my time on a game I quit.

Lastly, just for the record, I would like to state I did not quit the game, I ma taking a early break to allow it to grow and become the game I and the majority of others wanted it to be. Nothing in particular just fun, engaging, and most importantly, complete. Yes I know none of this is important but just because i refuse to play the game does not mean that FF14 is not as important to me as it is to you

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 5:29pm by Vlorsutes Lock Thread: Requested by OP
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#2 Nov 06 2010 at 3:33 AM Rating: Good
*
169 posts
In a way, those people have a vaild point.

You have choosen to take a break, so take a break, go experience something else and check the game out in a few months when you think that it might be more to your liking.

I don't think the game is unplayable atm, I am playing it just fine and not having an issue really. In what way do you think the game is unplayable? I truely have no issue playing it.

The problem with the lurkers is, you seem to be a small minority here on these forums and your loud about it making it seem like its worse then it really is. It doesn't take long to browse the forums and see its mostly the same people over and over again like broken records.

Voicing your opinions in one or two threads that you guys make, fair enough. Going out of your way to voice your opinion and derail every single thread, thats where people get annoyed and tired of it and start classing you as trolls, because realistically, when you purposely go out of your way to post something derogatory in every possible thread that says something good about the game just so you can try and make a point which is based of your opinion, thats trolling.

You may not do it on purpose, but it still happens when people have high expectations for a product that doesn't suffice those expectations and leaves you hanging.

However, best thing to do, is expect nothing. You have everything to gain.
#3 Nov 06 2010 at 3:40 AM Rating: Excellent
*
63 posts
Taemek wrote:
However, best thing to do, is expect nothing. You have everything to gain.


I like this way of thinking, and practice it almost every day. However the second I start paying for something I suddenly have expectations. Crazy isn't it?
#4 Nov 06 2010 at 3:41 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,564 posts
I was going to write out my own reply, but you know what?

Taemek wrote:
In a way, those people have a vaild point.

You have choosen to take a break, so take a break, go experience something else and check the game out in a few months when you think that it might be more to your liking.

I don't think the game is unplayable atm, I am playing it just fine and not having an issue really. In what way do you think the game is unplayable? I truely have no issue playing it.

The problem with the lurkers is, you seem to be a small minority here on these forums and your loud about it making it seem like its worse then it really is. It doesn't take long to browse the forums and see its mostly the same people over and over again like broken records.

Voicing your opinions in one or two threads that you guys make, fair enough. Going out of your way to voice your opinion and derail every single thread, thats where people get annoyed and tired of it and start classing you as trolls, because realistically, when you purposely go out of your way to post something derogatory in every possible thread that says something good about the game just so you can try and make a point which is based of your opinion, thats trolling.

You may not do it on purpose, but it still happens when people have high expectations for a product that doesn't suffice those expectations and leaves you hanging.

However, best thing to do, is expect nothing. You have everything to gain.


Super ******* this.
____________________________
FFXI (Retired)
Naiya | Mithra | Windurst | Rank 10 | 1st Lieutenant | Ragnarok
WAR: 75 MNK: 75 SAM: 66
RotZ: O | CoP: O | ToAU: O | Apoch Nigh: O

WoW
Naiyah | B.Elf | 85 Rogue | Stormscale
Doubleday | B.Elf | 85 Paladin | Stormscale


#5 Nov 06 2010 at 3:49 AM Rating: Decent
*
169 posts
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
Taemek wrote:
However, best thing to do, is expect nothing. You have everything to gain.


I like this way of thinking, and practice it almost every day. However the second I start paying for something I suddenly have expectations. Crazy isn't it?


True, but paying for a product doesn't give you the right to have it exactly the way you want it ethier just because you expect it too be.

The MMO industry is no different from manufacturing cars for specific types of people. We are all consumers, we like certain makes and types, however, we pay for the models we see. We cannot alter them even if we wanted too. However, feedback is always taken into consideration and may just well be applied to next years model.

Using the above example, alot of the people who are quitting are asking for stuff to be changed that doesn't fit with the lore of the game or even applies to it, hence, this car is made for a specific crowd of people, as is any make or model.
#6 Nov 06 2010 at 3:53 AM Rating: Decent
*
156 posts
I dislike the ones that take anythign positive and push it to a negative point, just to derail and spread thier own whining through a thread. Those are trolls , fanboyism is also a form of trolling ( fanboyism= YOU hate the game so much go away and do somethign else cuase ya I love it). It just seems to me that every bad opinion gets responded to with a long winded version of like it or get out. Or how the praisers agree with the negative person until the person says it is enough to make them not play the game,then the people that play have ot make it known or they do not feel awesome or something , I don't know.

1)and why I think the Game is unplayable is sp gain after 25. I played ff11 for years, no issue at all with slow lvling, but some progress would be awesome.

2)all the Dow play just like each other, just with different weapons.

3) no search feature for market wards. Yes I know it is coming but it is not here yet.

4) Lack of community out side of a ls

5) broken stats

6) repairs frequency

7) levequests

8) Looking for Party interface clunky and not used unless your doing a leve or quest

9) Laggy UI

10) repetitive and unexciting monsters to fight.

Now remember you asked for the reasons, and to be honest there are probably more reasons i like the game, it is just to many things that bug me, and in my opinion makes this game , if not unplayable, unacceptable to pay to play, even though i cancelled my account already. I would also like to point out that it was not any one of these things on their own that made me leave the game but them all together as a whole. Lastly I do not hate the game , I still wish to be part of the community even if i do not feel SE deserves my money.



Edited, Nov 6th 2010 5:54am by BriktheImmortal
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#7 Nov 06 2010 at 3:57 AM Rating: Default
***
1,408 posts
MasterOutlaw the Irrelevant wrote:
I was going to write out my own reply, but you know what?

Taemek wrote:
In a way, those people have a vaild point.

You have choosen to take a break, so take a break, go experience something else and check the game out in a few months when you think that it might be more to your liking.

I don't think the game is unplayable atm, I am playing it just fine and not having an issue really. In what way do you think the game is unplayable? I truely have no issue playing it.

The problem with the lurkers is, you seem to be a small minority here on these forums and your loud about it making it seem like its worse then it really is. It doesn't take long to browse the forums and see its mostly the same people over and over again like broken records.

Voicing your opinions in one or two threads that you guys make, fair enough. Going out of your way to voice your opinion and derail every single thread, thats where people get annoyed and tired of it and start classing you as trolls, because realistically, when you purposely go out of your way to post something derogatory in every possible thread that says something good about the game just so you can try and make a point which is based of your opinion, thats trolling.

You may not do it on purpose, but it still happens when people have high expectations for a product that doesn't suffice those expectations and leaves you hanging.

However, best thing to do, is expect nothing. You have everything to gain.


Super @#%^ing this.



SPOT ON!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I would say. We all know the flaws of the game ALL OF US. We all play it, we all seen the posts, we all seen the reviews and SE has seen it all. SE didnt even give a response till all the reviews came out so you can guess what they paid most attention to. If you dont like the game as it is, come back in 6 months or quit there is no other solution other then to S.U.A.P.I. "Shut up and Play it"

*edit

90% of all the things people have problems with are going to be fixed in the next two big updates. And thats another reason people are getting fed up, there is nothing to be gained out of another thread on a daily basis complaining.

Also the game is playable because many do, its just buggy, we can't play to its full potential and lacks content.

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 6:02am by Lonix
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#8 Nov 06 2010 at 3:58 AM Rating: Excellent
*
63 posts
Taemek wrote:
Using the above example, alot of the people who are quitting are asking for stuff to be changed that doesn't fit with the lore of the game or even applies to it, hence, this car is made for a specific crowd of people, as is any make or model.


The lore of the game? Most people want an Auction House (or at least some kind of search function), a better user interface, a fixed crafting system that doesn't require r36 parts for a r12 sword, more content, and numerous other bugs fixed.

Are you saying that this game isn't meant for people with any kind of standards whatsoever? Are you telling me that if SE sold cars they pretty much gave a 1991 Geo Metro a pretty paint job and sold it to us all for $30k?
#9 Nov 06 2010 at 4:00 AM Rating: Decent
**
315 posts
it sad so many fan sites have several if not 70% of its members HATE the game. Sure the game had a ton of issues, but mmorpg are never finished or polished. They are like fin wine and get better with age. The only reason ffxiv is doing so bad is people are way too used to established mmo. Since WoW got huge everyone expects a WoW like experiance. To what I know from the mindset of those on ffxivcore.com, is that players joined ffxiv as veteran mmo players rather then ffxiv newbies. Most mmo made after WoW is on life support or just getting on its feet. Age of conan had a worst launch then ffxiv and it is still around. They even scraped the 360 version and gamespot.com still has it under TBA. Aion is the same thing on life support. Players are getting to vocal with their dislikes instead of cutting losses and walking away. If you want this game to be good, stop hating on it. All mmorpg got problems starting out. But some of the issues is the players wanting SE do fix everything, instead of working as a team.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#10 Nov 06 2010 at 4:01 AM Rating: Good
*
156 posts
Lonix wrote:


SPOT ON!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I would say. We all know the flaws of the game ALL OF US. We all play it, we all seen the posts, we all seen the reviews and SE has seen it all. SE didnt even give a response till all the reviews came out so you can guess what they paid most attention to. If you dont like the game as it is, come back in 6 months or quit there is no other solution other then to S.U.A.P.I. "Shut up and Play it"




and responses like this are exactly why i made this post. I am being respectful, my thoughts and opinions are stated as such, but still someone thinks I should just shut up and play or leave his sandbox. Thank you very much for being exhibit A
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#11 Nov 06 2010 at 4:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
165 posts
As I just posted in another thread... it seems that all those people focusing in the bad sides of the game don't have any other thing to do. If they don't like the game, if they are so angry about the fails on it, if they think its incomplete, if they thing is horrible and unplayable.... they should be playing another game by now and forgetting about this one, or doing something else, but no, for them is so vital to see this game fail and to find every single error in the game code, that they turn every single post into a "I hate this game" thread.

For someone who really don't like the game, they invest too much time on it... at least in the forums...

There are millions of games out there, for every single kind of gamer and taste. So if you don't like one, just go for the next. One thing is to express your opinion, and another to curse everyone else that does not think or like the same things you like. I'm not offended by the comments or the opinion, I'm just tired of people trying so hard to convince everyone to dislike something just cause they don't like it.

There is a title on every post, sometimes is questions about the game, or other matters, but after 2 posts, it goes to the "I hate the game" again and again. You have a complain? There is a sticky for it.

What if we start posting in every thread comments like "the game is awesome, go and play it", or "The game has so much fun, you should be playing it right now". Are we gonna change their mind about playing it? Of course not. Id they don't like it, they don't like it. So stop trying to take everyone that is having fun with the game away from it, you're not gonna change our minds, even if in the end we are only 10 members playing it, we still would have fun, cause we like it even if you don't.
____________________________
"Make something idiot proof... someone will create a better idiot"
#12 Nov 06 2010 at 4:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
Taemek wrote:




Using the above example, alot of the people who are quitting are asking for stuff to be changed that doesn't fit with the lore of the game or even applies to it, hence, this car is made for a specific crowd of people, as is any make or model.


Where is this "lore" you speak of, and how does it prevent 90% of the fixes wanted from being valid?

I'm really interested in hearing this one.
____________________________



#13 Nov 06 2010 at 4:08 AM Rating: Decent
*
78 posts
Taemek wrote:
In a way, those people have a vaild point.

You have choosen to take a break, so take a break, go experience something else and check the game out in a few months when you think that it might be more to your liking.

I don't think the game is unplayable atm, I am playing it just fine and not having an issue really. In what way do you think the game is unplayable? I truely have no issue playing it.

The problem with the lurkers is, you seem to be a small minority here on these forums and your loud about it making it seem like its worse then it really is. It doesn't take long to browse the forums and see its mostly the same people over and over again like broken records.

Voicing your opinions in one or two threads that you guys make, fair enough. Going out of your way to voice your opinion and derail every single thread, thats where people get annoyed and tired of it and start classing you as trolls, because realistically, when you purposely go out of your way to post something derogatory in every possible thread that says something good about the game just so you can try and make a point which is based of your opinion, thats trolling.

You may not do it on purpose, but it still happens when people have high expectations for a product that doesn't suffice those expectations and leaves you hanging.

However, best thing to do, is expect nothing. You have everything to gain.



If you think people that have issues with the game here are a minority here you are in complete denial.

I can agree derailing a positive thread about the game is going to far and should be left alone.

It's also not really about people having high expectations about the game it's more about the game not having the most obvious **** in it to make it half way decent is what's ******* people off.
My personal opinion is the game was rushed out by the suits rather than the creators themselves. I mean how can a company with so much financial backing and years of game and MMO experience **** up this badly?

I came to this game expecting at least the basic of features of FFXI is that really having that crazy high expectations? I don't think so.

If you have a problem with people slamming the game stay out of the threads with a negative title or choose to post something to explain why it's a positive experience for yourself and what makes it so "playable" rather than talking out of your *** about people having high expectations. **** even if they did have super high expectations they rightfully should with a company like square enix and the final fantasy brand on it.
#14 Nov 06 2010 at 4:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
315 posts
BriktheImmortal wrote:
Lonix wrote:


SPOT ON!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I would say. We all know the flaws of the game ALL OF US. We all play it, we all seen the posts, we all seen the reviews and SE has seen it all. SE didnt even give a response till all the reviews came out so you can guess what they paid most attention to. If you dont like the game as it is, come back in 6 months or quit there is no other solution other then to S.U.A.P.I. "Shut up and Play it"




and responses like this are exactly why i made this post. I am being respectful, my thoughts and opinions are stated as such, but still someone thinks I should just shut up and play or leave his sandbox. Thank you very much for being exhibit A

They are just defending the game. Like they should be. If you dislike ffxiv cut your losses and don't bug the fans. No need to be the "misery loves company" person. This section of zam is for fans off ffxiv. Like fan sites. If you dislike it why bother/bully others?
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#15 Nov 06 2010 at 4:18 AM Rating: Good
*
156 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
BriktheImmortal wrote:
Lonix wrote:


SPOT ON!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I would say. We all know the flaws of the game ALL OF US. We all play it, we all seen the posts, we all seen the reviews and SE has seen it all. SE didnt even give a response till all the reviews came out so you can guess what they paid most attention to. If you dont like the game as it is, come back in 6 months or quit there is no other solution other then to S.U.A.P.I. "Shut up and Play it"




and responses like this are exactly why i made this post. I am being respectful, my thoughts and opinions are stated as such, but still someone thinks I should just shut up and play or leave his sandbox. Thank you very much for being exhibit A

They are just defending the game. Like they should be. If you dislike ffxiv cut your losses and don't bug the fans. No need to be the "misery loves company" person. This section of zam is for fans off ffxiv. Like fan sites. If you dislike it why bother/bully others?



I am a fan, have you played the original ff released in Japan, while your Japanese ( I should say Okinawan) girlfriend translate the game for you as you play and still love every last second. MY point is why flame on people making intelligent, rational, and respectful posts. Just because I don't like the game as a whole as is does not mean I do not see the positives in it, its why I played the game for more than a month, and it is why I am hopeful about its future. It is why I ma still here,sharing my loves and dislikes about the game. I simply feel it is wrong to be bundled up in the troll/flaming territory, and even a thoughtful well composed post about the negatives of the game get flamed out by someone screaming irrationally and, at best, slightly offensive at me or others like me.
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#16 Nov 06 2010 at 4:21 AM Rating: Decent
**
315 posts
fyi
ffxi started out just like ffxiv did.
SE did stated similar size world. They meant japanese release was bare bones. And also NO AH. SE also listed their reason for the wards, retainers, no AH. UI does need fine tuning but thats better off @ release the beta. Beta servers are highly unstable and prone to bad bugs. Plus it easier to patch full client Id assume. ffxi was in japan only for the first year. Unless imported no american saw what it was like. PLus a lage chuck of the player base as yet joined that is the ps3 players. I know a ton of ppl on ffxi waiting for ps3 version. Plus majority of the japanese are ps3 gamers not pc. So really why complain, when stuff is and will be fixed. Why not either wait or just have fun. I wish i could play now by pc died on me. Id enjoy it just for sake of no auto attack. I love ffxi, but watching my character fight kinda getting dull. I got a long wait till ps3 o well.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#17 Nov 06 2010 at 4:24 AM Rating: Decent
*
63 posts
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#18 Nov 06 2010 at 4:26 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
Within the first few weeks there was endless amount of negative threads and then the bad reviews were released. Every bad review was pretty much posted here with all the negative threads.

Yes it was a lot and they all said the exact same thing.

SE released info on the updates and the person that posted it here on this forum pretty much said that makes everyone happy. It solves 95% of everything we was unhappy about XIV, then the complaints threads were no longer heavily made. I mean lets face it there was no point.

Although there was still the occasional person who had pretty much barely any posts at all making a new thread. This was occuring about what 1 every day slating the game for the exact reasons we all did. Difference being is its too late to say anything, instead of making a new thread do a forum search and check out the old ones. You say you want to voice your opinion well to who? the XIV community? SE? ZAM mods/admins?

See the thing is we are the XIV community, a lot of us are "waiting" for those big two updates. A lot of us are just as unhappy as you are at the state of the game but there is nothing to be gained about making a new thread. Problem is your doing something where there is no point. Trust me, I am just as annoyed at XIV as you would be, I love the potential of this game but hate the failings. I know a few people who are taking a break out of 10 (that i know on XIV) does that mean we should make a new thread?

The front page of this forum would be full on a daily basis of "Quit, time away, moaners, complaints, hate, trollers" threads. Thats why people are getting fed up. And the worst part is some of you dont even care and then claim you are being respectable.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#19 Nov 06 2010 at 4:27 AM Rating: Decent
*
156 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
fyi
ffxi started out just like ffxiv did.
SE did stated similar size world. They meant japanese release was bare bones. And also NO AH. SE also listed their reason for the wards, retainers, no AH. UI does need fine tuning but thats better off @ release the beta. Beta servers are highly unstable and prone to bad bugs. Plus it easier to patch full client Id assume. ffxi was in japan only for the first year. Unless imported no american saw what it was like. PLus a lage chuck of the player base as yet joined that is the ps3 players. I know a ton of ppl on ffxi waiting for ps3 version. Plus majority of the japanese are ps3 gamers not pc. So really why complain, when stuff is and will be fixed. Why not either wait or just have fun. I wish i could play now by pc died on me. Id enjoy it just for sake of no auto attack. I love ffxi, but watching my character fight kinda getting dull. I got a long wait till ps3 o well.



Uhg I am so tired of hearing this and I finally have enough coffee to make a response to this defense.

1) yes ff 11 started this way in Japan so why make the same mistake? If you walked down a hallway and at the end was a guy in a green shirt and a smile on his face, that guy then kicked you in the nuts as hard as he could. If you walked down another hallway 10 years later and saw a guy in a green shirt with a smile on his face, would you expect him to kick you in the nuts?

2) Hitler Gave his reason for concentration camps, and believed in his reason completely, who agreed with those reasons or accepted it as what is because he believed in his reasons?


I mean really its a ridiculous defense which is just as old as " OMG this game is so lame I went back to wow"
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#20 Nov 06 2010 at 4:27 AM Rating: Good
*
156 posts
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.



LOL I am gonna quote this for my signature
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#21 Nov 06 2010 at 4:32 AM Rating: Decent
**
315 posts
take a walk to ffxivcore.com. Its getting to the point of "we know the games got issues do please stop point it out to us" there is a point where ppl do need to stop pointing out the flaw. Stop bullying the fans, and stop being d-bags. Long winded, Well-typed post or not. If you dislike a game, no longer playing it. Then cut your losses and move on. Well writen post or not, you are being part of the issue. You are kinda acting like you just broke up with a g/f (the game.) And are making drunk hate calls. At this point in time we know the game has issues. Most everyone on it are trying to play through them. Being a broken record isn't helping SE, The game, this fan forum, your cause. Sure you can have an opinion, jusy don;t be a broken record. If you have likes, talk about them. If more ppl did, this game may be the better for it. Anyone who talks about likes of ffxiv on ffxivcore.com is soon labled a fanboy, and needs to stop defending the game. Haters on ffxivcore.com are nasty. (cont)
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#22 Nov 06 2010 at 4:45 AM Rating: Decent
*
169 posts
BriktheImmortal wrote:
I dislike the ones that take anythign positive and push it to a negative point, just to derail and spread thier own whining through a thread. Those are trolls , fanboyism is also a form of trolling ( fanboyism= YOU hate the game so much go away and do somethign else cuase ya I love it). It just seems to me that every bad opinion gets responded to with a long winded version of like it or get out. Or how the praisers agree with the negative person until the person says it is enough to make them not play the game,then the people that play have ot make it known or they do not feel awesome or something , I don't know.


Sounds to me your just confused for the most part. As pointed out above, everyone knows about the issues, the issues or some will be fixed and some new features implemented in the up and coming patches.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
1)and why I think the Game is unplayable is sp gain after 25. I played ff11 for years, no issue at all with slow lvling, but some progress would be awesome.


The game is strongly regarded as a group based MMO. I seen constant groups looking for people on Saronia for Copperbell etc etc for SP grind groups.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
2)all the Dow play just like each other, just with different weapons.


I don't really have an issue with it.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
3) no search feature for market wards. Yes I know it is coming but it is not here yet.


Sure it's a little tedious at first and a tad over whelming, but after a while, you get used to it. I can sift through Ul'dah and Gridania Dens in under 30 mins now days.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
4) Lack of community out side of a ls


This is what I love about these types of MMO's. You grow with the people you group with, instead of grouping with new faces every day. Again, group based gaming after Rank 20 is a high priority.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
5) broken stats


Hmmm, I wouldn't say they were broken, I'd point towards people trying to prove what certain stats really do with little to no long term parse data. So basically, alot of people not fully understanding how it all worked to begin with thinking it was broken.

SE released full information yesterday on what every type of stat does for every type of class in the game.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
6) repairs frequency


Seriously not an Issue. I repair my weapon 2 times a day when grinding hard. Rest if my armor gets repaired every 3rd day or so. I repaired my accesories for the frist time yesterday in 6 days.

This has been pointed out before, people bite off more then they can chew using weapons that are 20 ranks above thier level to grind in costing them more Gil to repair then they make grinding.

Playing MMO's of this magnitude is like a mathematical art. You have to factor in how many mobs you can kill per hour, how much gil you can make per hour and how fast your weapon is degrading per hour. How much does it cost to repair and add it all up and see if your coming out on top. Being a new game none of this information is avialable which only leaves to player trial and error until a trivial understanding world wide is known and filters its way out amoung the plebs.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
7) levequests


Couldn't be anymore vague if you tried. I like the current system and to increase the amount of Leve's that can be done in any 36 hours period will only increase the amount of Gil in the ecomomy and make things worse. As there is more Gil not exiting the ecomony, the more people will price things only making that your next argument, things cost too much.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
8) Looking for Party interface clunky and not used unless your doing a leve or quest


Can't say I can relate cause I haven't used it as yet.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
9) Laggy UI


Hmmm, I read a consierable amount of posts from people who have below par systems that complain about this, however, the only time my UI lags is when transfering items with my retainer, apart from that, its seems ok, just hate how you have to close down each window individually and can't do a multi close down by closing down the side window.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
10) repetitive and unexciting monsters to fight.


Sounds to me you need a group (hug?) and need to start exploring dungeons.


BriktheImmortal wrote:
Now remember you asked for the reasons, and to be honest there are probably more reasons i like the game, it is just to many things that bug me, and in my opinion makes this game , if not unplayable, unacceptable to pay to play, even though i cancelled my account already. I would also like to point out that it was not any one of these things on their own that made me leave the game but them all together as a whole. Lastly I do not hate the game , I still wish to be part of the community even if i do not feel SE deserves my money.



Edited, Nov 6th 2010 5:54am by BriktheImmortal


Like you said, this is your opinion.

I have 7 rl friends starting the game this week after what I have told them about the game and starting our own LS.


Edited, Nov 6th 2010 6:54am by Taemek
#23 Nov 06 2010 at 4:59 AM Rating: Good
***
1,408 posts
BriktheImmortal wrote:
Irishclass777 wrote:
fyi
ffxi started out just like ffxiv did.
SE did stated similar size world. They meant japanese release was bare bones. And also NO AH. SE also listed their reason for the wards, retainers, no AH. UI does need fine tuning but thats better off @ release the beta. Beta servers are highly unstable and prone to bad bugs. Plus it easier to patch full client Id assume. ffxi was in japan only for the first year. Unless imported no american saw what it was like. PLus a lage chuck of the player base as yet joined that is the ps3 players. I know a ton of ppl on ffxi waiting for ps3 version. Plus majority of the japanese are ps3 gamers not pc. So really why complain, when stuff is and will be fixed. Why not either wait or just have fun. I wish i could play now by pc died on me. Id enjoy it just for sake of no auto attack. I love ffxi, but watching my character fight kinda getting dull. I got a long wait till ps3 o well.



Uhg I am so tired of hearing this and I finally have enough coffee to make a response to this defense.

1) yes ff 11 started this way in Japan so why make the same mistake? If you walked down a hallway and at the end was a guy in a green shirt and a smile on his face, that guy then kicked you in the nuts as hard as he could. If you walked down another hallway 10 years later and saw a guy in a green shirt with a smile on his face, would you expect him to kick you in the nuts?

2) Hitler Gave his reason for concentration camps, and believed in his reason completely, who agreed with those reasons or accepted it as what is because he believed in his reasons?


I mean really its a ridiculous defense which is just as old as " OMG this game is so lame I went back to wow"


And 90% of people here are tired of trollers. We know the problems of the game we are NOT defending the problems of the game and SE is working on them. I my self will end up quitting if those two patches that are coming get pulled.

And congratulations on proving why you are a troll.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#24 Nov 06 2010 at 7:13 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
I'll give it to you, a few weeks ago things were pretty bad. There was alot of flat out trolling, and flame wars, coming from both sides. What we have today IMO is pretty civil.

the most recent round of "negative" posts would be the ones regarding the translation of the investors announcement from the CEO, saying how things were unsatisfactory. Read those posts, and they're actually pretty good discussions, without much 'hate', Right up until someone rolled in and say "STFU or GTFO" (paraphrased).

For the most part, its not even people rehashing the same thing day after day, they're talking about whatever's happening now. However some people are just so sensitive to anything now. I'll I will suggest is stay away from threads that are clearly titled they they will involve some criticism. I've read all over this page, nowhere does it say fans only, or criticism/dislike is not allowed. General Discussions implies people are going to talk about the game, and when its announced that the companys profits are down 75%, that deserves to be talked about.

People are too polarizing. I don't like 14, and I won't resub when payment starts. I don't hate it at all. I wanted to like it, but theres zero reason to play it right now. Nothing looks actually fun. Its a worse grind than other games with no payoff activities along the way, or at the end. I wish players wouldn't assume that anything negative said means the person 'hates' the game. At the same time, I wish people would stop assuming that people playing are just blind fanboys defending every action SE makes. Most people know theres alot wrong, but thing its worth it to them to wait.


There are trolls. There are offensive people on both sides looking to insult the first person who disagrees with them. I wish the mods would focus on the action, and not the side that person took. Theres already a "thought policing" fansite out there, I like this one because it has actual discussions.
____________________________


#25 Nov 06 2010 at 7:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
685 posts
Nobody likes a Donnie Downer. If you can point out a positive thread in General Discussion that was not crapped on by someone who wanted to "give his opinion" in a negative way, I will shake your hand.

Those of us who do enjoy the game know that it's unfinished, we know what's missing, we aren't letting it bother us to the point we don't want to play, and we don't want to have a bunch of Negative Nancys reminding us of it. Especially those people who feel like we're being stupid for wanting to play still, or are ignoring the joy we get from the game and are advocating that the game should fail.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#26 Nov 06 2010 at 9:35 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
You should ask yourself the same question.

They're welcome to their opinion too. And it happens to be "STFU & GTFO". Laugh it off, deal with it, I dunno...I doubt a new thread rehashing the issue with a somewhat biased tilt towards you & "other like-minded individuals" having some sort of moral high ground goin' on here is gonna change anything. Comes off as the same kind of whining you're complaining about.
____________________________

#27 Nov 06 2010 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
*
64 posts
I am gonna join FFXIV again when there is either a search function for MW or an real AH.

AND a new party-matchmaking function that ENGLISH ppl actually want to use.

The rest of the major flaws I can live with.
#28 Nov 06 2010 at 10:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
I'm kinda curious which problems the majority of the posters here believe that will be corrected in the following patches. For example, what about the laggy response even on a super computer? I've heard of people who built computers just for this game wasting excess money just to avoid this. The other thing which I hope to God they change is how you craft. It takes like 10x too long in menus just to craft. What really confused me about how FFXIV came out was that SE was telling us that it would be a more casual game. Now when FFXI is more casual than FFXIV, I have to wonder what they meant by that.
#29 Nov 06 2010 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I'm kinda curious which problems the majority of the posters here believe that will be corrected in the following patches.


I don't know, but I haven't seen anything saying these patches are going to,

Add Auction House
Add Mail System
Minimizable map
Jump, swim, climb
Remove invisible walls
Make game and graphics config ingame
Replacing/redesigning all the copy/pasted hightmaps allover the landscape
Make combat not so basic and generic like a fisher price MMO for children

But then again I don't really read the Lodestone, or patch notes.

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 12:57pm by KristoFurwalken
#30 Nov 06 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
676 posts
Quote:
I have read over and over how the few that are still enjoying the game are so sick of people that have quit still lurking and posting. Even seen one nitwit call us trolling for not wanting to pay the 12.95 for an unfinished game.
...
I do not think the game is playable now, according to some that makes me not belong on this forum. I refuse to play 12.95 for an unfinished game
I usually avoid posting in threads like this because they are so often a minefield of trouble. However, I'll add my two cents and you can decide for yourself whether im a fangirl or not.

It's clear that you believe the game is currently unplayable. However, as im certain you have discovered by now, many of us disagree with your statement. Perhaps we have not reached the levels you have or explored as much of the game world as you have, but suffice to say we have found our niche and are enjoying the game.

I don't think it's your opinion that bothers so many people as much as it's all so often shoved down our throats by constant complaints day after day. Often I find myself returning to the forums with another new thread stating the exact same issues we already knew about since day one. Eventually you get a little tired of the nagging and whining threads, however eloquently written or expressed.

It's players like you, however, who SE will be aiming to please with the coming updates and for that I thank you. The harder players are to please, the harder SE will be working to finish updates which will benefit all of us. Naturally they won't win over everyone they have lost, but they certainly seem to be paying a lot more heed to our needs.

Time will tell if they get it right or not, but I remain confident they are doing their absolute best to fix the issues that plague us. After all, it's their money in the end.
____________________________

FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#31 Nov 06 2010 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
I support the OP, criticism is rightly due in many aspects of this game.

UI is the most important aspect of any software, not limited to videogames. FFXIV's UI is alpha quality at best.

In that respect, if FFXIV were a 'car' as above posters drew comparisons, it's a 'car' with a malfunctioning engine, lacking a steering wheel, tires, brakes.

Quite simply, it's an UNFINISHED car..

Obviously there will be criticisms, this is a forum, people speak their opinion of the game. That's the majority opinion..

2 + 2 does in-fact equal 4.
#32 Nov 06 2010 at 11:28 AM Rating: Default
*
169 posts
Xenosan wrote:
I support the OP, criticism is rightly due in many aspects of this game.

UI is the most important aspect of any software, not limited to videogames. FFXIV's UI is alpha quality at best.

In that respect, if FFXIV were a 'car' as above posters drew comparisons, it's a 'car' with a malfunctioning engine, lacking a steering wheel, tires, brakes.

Quite simply, it's an UNFINISHED car..

Obviously there will be criticisms, this is a forum, people speak their opinion of the game. That's the majority opinion..

2 + 2 does in-fact equal 4.


No its a "car" that caters to a certain crowd, as do all makes and models.
#33 Nov 06 2010 at 11:33 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I'm kinda curious which problems the majority of the posters here believe that will be corrected in the following patches. For example, what about the laggy response even on a super computer? I've heard of people who built computers just for this game wasting excess money just to avoid this. The other thing which I hope to God they change is how you craft. It takes like 10x too long in menus just to craft. What really confused me about how FFXIV came out was that SE was telling us that it would be a more casual game. Now when FFXI is more casual than FFXIV, I have to wonder what they meant by that.



As I said previously, if people stopped creating crappy complaint threads the post which had the list would still be on the front page. ;)
Also these are problems which Reviews found and everyone else at the time was complaining about. I hope I have it all down and these are things they said the will do in next two updates (most of below will be in the Nov one if I remember right).

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=246d20e1a81fe6b6854f61d7bf0187bd24c462ad

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=33be5935a0fc4018e52c4837d0d19898de3263f8

For those lazy people.

UI Improvements (user interface)
Menu Navigation (simpler/easier)
NM's (Notorious Monsters)
Season Event (Dec)
MAP changes (Seeing party members etc)
More Leves
Lag fixes
More Retainers
Search function for Items
An icon for Seeking items (that your after)
Chat box improvements
Anima cost
Inventory Sort
Targetting improvements
Keyboard additions

And of course "Much More" which my guess is some more bug fixes and anything else they get ready for us. And last I checked the above was what 95% of reviews complaints and Community complaints were all about when it was 1st released. I might have missed some but thats good enough for now.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#34 Nov 06 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Decent
*
169 posts
After all that is fixed, wonder what they will complain about next.
#35 Nov 06 2010 at 11:37 AM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
Taemek wrote:
Xenosan wrote:
I support the OP, criticism is rightly due in many aspects of this game.

UI is the most important aspect of any software, not limited to videogames. FFXIV's UI is alpha quality at best.

In that respect, if FFXIV were a 'car' as above posters drew comparisons, it's a 'car' with a malfunctioning engine, lacking a steering wheel, tires, brakes.

Quite simply, it's an UNFINISHED car..

Obviously there will be criticisms, this is a forum, people speak their opinion of the game. That's the majority opinion..

2 + 2 does in-fact equal 4.


No its a "car" that caters to a certain crowd, as do all makes and models.


What crowd is that? The crowd that likes lazy design features, elementary combat, and missing basic components?
#36 Nov 06 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Glitterhands wrote:
I usually avoid posting in threads like this because they are so often a minefield of trouble. However, I'll add my two cents and you can decide for yourself whether im a fangirl or not.

It's clear that you believe the game is currently unplayable. However, as im certain you have discovered by now, many of us disagree with your statement. Perhaps we have not reached the levels you have or explored as much of the game world as you have, but suffice to say we have found our niche and are enjoying the game.

I don't think it's your opinion that bothers so many people as much as it's all so often shoved down our throats by constant complaints day after day. Often I find myself returning to the forums with another new thread stating the exact same issues we already knew about since day one. Eventually you get a little tired of the nagging and whining threads, however eloquently written or expressed.

It's players like you, however, who SE will be aiming to please with the coming updates and for that I thank you. The harder players are to please, the harder SE will be working to finish updates which will benefit all of us. Naturally they won't win over everyone they have lost, but they certainly seem to be paying a lot more heed to our needs.

Time will tell if they get it right or not, but I remain confident they are doing their absolute best to fix the issues that plague us. After all, it's their money in the end.


I'm curious as someone who is genuinely wondering how anyone could enjoy this mess without wearing some form of rosy inspired glasses. What do you enjoy about it exactly? Nostalgia can often make a person close-minded to see the truth. FFXIV is clearly a step backwards from FFXI which is quite sad. The fact that most people including the JP are disgusted by the finished project should be a sign that maybe you're not seeing the whole picture. Then again, the worst movie or game has cool spots. That doesn't mean those titles are worth watching.

As for those that are wearing blinders and actually enjoy the game, there's no need to read these topics. Why read a thread you know that will only attack a game you enjoy unless you might possible agree with it? It's too easy to avoid threads like this if that was an issue for you. More people hate the game than enjoy it, regardless if you like it, that's not a good sign for the future of the game.
#37 Nov 06 2010 at 11:40 AM Rating: Excellent
9 posts
And what crowd is that exactly, people who enjoy solo play? Have you tried using the chat box? Elements of the UI are not performing as intended. To ignore the flaws is ignorance. Constructive criticism is what SE needs to know they have to deliver a better product.

Don't get the wrong idea, and I think I speak for more than just myself in this: I want to play the same community-driven Final Fantasy MMO as you. I'm not looking for a different game, instead this game working appropriately. How is it unjust to say unfinished game mechanics are unfinished.
#38 Nov 06 2010 at 11:53 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
Taemek wrote:
After all that is fixed, wonder what they will complain about next.


They'll probably start complaining about lack of content, or the game being boring, depending on how PC they want to be about it. the NOV/DEC patches are focusing on much needed functionality updates, but even then, this games is a bare bones structure.

This game wasnt released 2 patches too early, it was released by my estimate (opinion) 6-12 months of content early. You shouldn't be paid while developing a game, a satisfactory level of content (specifically in this case, activities) should be available out of the box. This game has a few missions and class quests (most seem to be running around between cutscenes), and thats about it. A few hours of unique content per rank 50 class.
____________________________


#39 Nov 06 2010 at 11:53 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
Quote:
I support the OP, criticism is rightly due in many aspects of this game.

UI is the most important aspect of any software, not limited to videogames. FFXIV's UI is alpha quality at best.

In that respect, if FFXIV were a 'car' as above posters drew comparisons, it's a 'car' with a malfunctioning engine, lacking a steering wheel, tires, brakes.

Quite simply, it's an UNFINISHED car..

Obviously there will be criticisms, this is a forum, people speak their opinion of the game. That's the majority opinion..

2 + 2 does in-fact equal 4.


Your right, but this isnt a car. This is a MMO, a car doesnt get updates when you buy it. Thats it, brought. It is your responsibility to tax it, fill it up, service/MOT and look after it. If anything on your car doesnt pass MOT you pay to get it fixed and sorted.

If MMO was a car you would be paying for something which was going to be modified often, maintained often, gets developed and updated often. Would you really buy that car? if your car was that bad you would send it back and never go there, you would complain to the company not on a forum. If you are not new to MMO's you should know its a risk buying something thats newly released just the same with a car. If you are new to MMOs, again with a car you do not buy something thats just released, you get a crappy old banger to get used to driving.

Just as much as buying a different game (my last one was Alien Vs predator - the latest one) and I was utterly disappointed. Thats £30 for a game I spent about 10 hrs on it and probably never will play again. I took the risk, got it before I read any reviews and wasted the money. That's my fault and I think thats half of everyones frustrations it's their own fault, they risked buying it early instead of waiting. I was VERY tempted to wait till next year to buy it, so I could read reviews. Do not get me wrong though I am angry at the way the game was released but I am not sitting here crying about it. Cancel your subscription NOW before you get billed and either do not come back or come back in march when PS3 Version is released.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#40 Nov 06 2010 at 11:54 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,902 posts
Quote:
The problem with the lurkers is, you seem to be a small minority here on these forums and your loud about it making it seem like its worse then it really is. It doesn't take long to browse the forums and see its mostly the same people over and over again like broken records.


We are not the small minority on these forums nor the minority from the community as a whole. Square is in a panic money wise and PR wise. That kind of change doesn't come from any kind of minority. To get SE to do anything there has to be an overwhelming scream of anger/disapproval from all sides. That fortunately is just what happened, Complacency breeds mediocrity. Its true FFXI started out bare bones as well but had a big chunk of sh*t fixed before the first month was through. Maybe because it was only released in Japan it still had a chance to grow? Maybe the Japanese culture is more tolerant of half made products? Maybe they saw it as a way of getting a leg up on the NA population before it was released here so they took it in stride? Honestly I dont know, but what has happens here has been a failure on ALL fronts.

Whats that? You enjoy playing it? Well 24% of Americans still approved of G.W. Bush at the mid/end of his presidency I figure your in 24% that must be high functioning retards.

Oh and the car analogy is ********* The most successful car companies allow you to come in and tailor make a car to your liking. They build it for you to your specifications.

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 1:58pm by ketrel
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#41 Nov 06 2010 at 12:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
997 posts
Quote:
How is it unjust to say unfinished game mechanics are unfinished.


It's not. Most already agree with you that things are much less than ideal. Hooray! You win! Now please kindly shut up, and leave us alone to play our sucky, unfinished game in peace. I swear you anti-XIV trolls are worse than the damned Jehovah's Witnesses, Objectivists, and The Borg combined, trying to pressure people into converting to your cause.

____________________________
Shhh! My common sense is tingling. ~ Deadpool

FFXI Server: Valefor Char: Lowkey


#42 Nov 06 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
**
588 posts
This game has lore?

Please let me know where i can find the lore or any info on it...

Fighting to stay positive...

KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
Taemek wrote:
Using the above example, alot of the people who are quitting are asking for stuff to be changed that doesn't fit with the lore of the game or even applies to it, hence, this car is made for a specific crowd of people, as is any make or model.


The lore of the game? Most people want an Auction House (or at least some kind of search function), a better user interface, a fixed crafting system that doesn't require r36 parts for a r12 sword, more content, and numerous other bugs fixed.

Are you saying that this game isn't meant for people with any kind of standards whatsoever? Are you telling me that if SE sold cars they pretty much gave a 1991 Geo Metro a pretty paint job and sold it to us all for $30k?

____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#43 Nov 06 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Ootsonati wrote:
Quote:
How is it unjust to say unfinished game mechanics are unfinished.


It's not. Most already agree with you that things are much less than ideal. Hooray! You win! Now please kindly shut up, and leave us alone to play our sucky, unfinished game in peace. I swear you anti-XIV trolls are worse than the damned Jehovah's Witnesses, Objectivists, and The Borg combined, trying to pressure people into converting to your cause.




The only cause I'm pushing for is the common sense that a poorly reviewed game receives negative feedback, and forums likes these are where that feedback goes.

What's yours? "My ego is attached to this game at the **** and you're making it hurt."

edited for quotes



Edited, Nov 6th 2010 2:46pm by Xenosan
#44 Nov 06 2010 at 12:44 PM Rating: Default
*
169 posts
ketrel wrote:
Quote:
The problem with the lurkers is, you seem to be a small minority here on these forums and your loud about it making it seem like its worse then it really is. It doesn't take long to browse the forums and see its mostly the same people over and over again like broken records.


We are not the small minority on these forums nor the minority from the community as a whole. Square is in a panic money wise and PR wise. That kind of change doesn't come from any kind of minority. To get SE to do anything there has to be an overwhelming scream of anger/disapproval from all sides. That fortunately is just what happened, Complacency breeds mediocrity. Its true FFXI started out bare bones as well but had a big chunk of sh*t fixed before the first month was through. Maybe because it was only released in Japan it still had a chance to grow? Maybe the Japanese culture is more tolerant of half made products? Maybe they saw it as a way of getting a leg up on the NA population before it was released here so they took it in stride? Honestly I dont know, but what has happens here has been a failure on ALL fronts.


No one is in a panic mode and you truely have no idea what is *really* going on at SE, so stop pretending you do because someone flashed some info around that could easily be misread OR could be part of a bigger buisness play.

You truely have no idea that all these changes that are purposed to be fixed may have already been a goal to try and implement during beta, they possible just ran out of time and was pushed to release and then release these changes in the frist series of patches, we will never really know, will we.

How do you truely know that this product is only half made? Who says it is? Because it lacked all the really super dooper awesome features that WoW had? Did the CEO of SE come to your house and personally tell you that the game is only half finished?

The truth is, it would seem you are new to the MMO scene ethier that or very badly sheltered, no MMO is truely finished in its live release, ever.

Every MMO has ongoing updates to thier products from release, just like this is due to do at the end of this month and so on from there.


ketrel wrote:
Whats that? You enjoy playing it? Well 24% of Americans still approved of G.W. Bush at the mid/end of his presidency I figure your in 24% that must be high functioning retards.


Lucky I am not American then. I like how you just automatically assume that everyone is an American though.

You do clearly, however, have a superiority complex.


ketrel wrote:
Oh and the car analogy is bullsh*t. The most successful car companies allow you to come in and tailor make a car to your liking. They build it for you to your specifications.


This made me laugh.......of course they do because obviously chosing a set of rims and paint job is clearly, building it to your own specifications, because you know, we are all automotive engineers. Anyways, this was not the point at all so I suggest you re-read it again.

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 2:49pm by Taemek

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 2:51pm by Taemek
#45 Nov 06 2010 at 12:54 PM Rating: Good
***
1,408 posts
KujaKoF wrote:
Taemek wrote:
After all that is fixed, wonder what they will complain about next.


They'll probably start complaining about lack of content, or the game being boring, depending on how PC they want to be about it. the NOV/DEC patches are focusing on much needed functionality updates, but even then, this games is a bare bones structure.

This game wasnt released 2 patches too early, it was released by my estimate (opinion) 6-12 months of content early. You shouldn't be paid while developing a game, a satisfactory level of content (specifically in this case, activities) should be available out of the box. This game has a few missions and class quests (most seem to be running around between cutscenes), and thats about it. A few hours of unique content per rank 50 class.



Was going to say the same thing, SE did say during the early days of XIV that it will not have content on release. So technically, we can not complain about the "Content". I was lucky I am EU and XI release already had 2 expansion packs. So content was there and I was getting bored with the Level Grinding. It was my 1st MMO so had to be expected, still I look forward to the new XIV updates and I believe in march this will be the game it should have been 7 weeks ago. BUT as the ZAM Mods said in the early days of the "Spam complaint fest" there will be some people who will not be happy no matter what SE does.

What can we do, stick a sign on XIV/ZAM saying:
"Do not buy this till March PS3 release"
"PS3 Users Do not buy this till April" (You just know there could be bugs)
"Complainers/haters quit or come back in March"

The annoying thing as I said before is, people are just complaining about the same thing. SE listened to the reviews and the "Constructive" feedbacks and they are working on two updates. SE said that word often "Constructive" another words it was those who put the time in making long CONSTRUCTIVE posts/reports about the game as a whole and not just complain moan and cry.

There was about 4 in total on this site a few weeks back compared to the 50+ complaints. To be frank, if there was 60 pages in each of those 4 threads SE would of probably flipped through all of them compared to the 50+ threads. Its more easier to look through a single large post then it is 50+ posts.

And SE didnt respond until companys actually gave out game reviews of XIV.

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 2:58pm by Lonix
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#46 Nov 06 2010 at 1:29 PM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
Very unfinished game. There is not much to do at rank 50 at all. Couple of my buddies that hit rank 50 with me are not even logging in anymore. Honestly, either you go craft or grind another class.. No endgame content at all. :*( :*(

Perhaps its not constructive but i think it is.. Waiting is probably your best bet because ... There is nothing to do0000

Edited, Nov 6th 2010 3:30pm by geotrick
#47 Nov 06 2010 at 1:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
90% of all the things people have problems with are going to be fixed in the next two big updates. And thats another reason people are getting fed up, there is nothing to be gained out of another thread on a daily basis complaining.


The announced "adjustments" aren't even half of the complaints. 90%? It's honestly closer to 9%. The proposed adjustments (which any player of FFXI knows, an adjustment doesn't mean a fix-- they'll often make a tiny tweak which wasn't nearly enough, and stop there) will get the game up to the absolute minimum standard of what an MMO release should be. If they had released the game in the condition that it will -allegedly- be in after the patches, there would still be tons of unsatisfied customers complaining about how boring the game is. The game has an incredible lack of content. Free to play games have more content.

The eternity it's taking them to make these adjustments doesn't bode well either. With the volume of problems, why not fix things when they're ready? Why hold out on fixes just to release them all together? There's no way that it's taken this long just to do some of the proposed changes, and if it has, that's plenty of cause for alarm.

____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#48 Nov 06 2010 at 1:54 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
Nobody likes a Donnie Downer. If you can point out a positive thread in General Discussion that was not crapped on by someone who wanted to "give his opinion" in a negative way, I will shake your hand.

Those of us who do enjoy the game know that it's unfinished, we know what's missing, we aren't letting it bother us to the point we don't want to play, and we don't want to have a bunch of Negative Nancys reminding us of it. Especially those people who feel like we're being stupid for wanting to play still, or are ignoring the joy we get from the game and are advocating that the game should fail.


This, and what Kuja said above him about people playing not necessarily defending/ignoring its problems.

It gets tiring when you are constantly called names for liking the game - or hearing people say that people who like the game are just pretending to like it cause they "spent too much money on it and can't bear to give up" or some such crap.

I am a reasonably busy person with a girlfriend, a full-time job and a lot of hobbies. If I didn't actually enjoy the game I wouldn't play it - and it gets more than a little annoying to constantly have to fend off turds who think that just because the game sucks for them everyone else is just suffering through it because they are morons.

I have no problem with things like say the thread about the CEO's comments etc. because that is actually news and discussing it is fine - but otherwise rehashing the same tired drama is getting more than a little old.

____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#49 Nov 06 2010 at 1:54 PM Rating: Good
Kachi wrote:
If they had released the game in the condition that it will -allegedly- be in after the patches, there would still be tons of unsatisfied customers complaining...


Indeed, there will always be someone complaining about something. Granted the Nov/Dec updates will effectively be "the release version" and we've been playing the "save your progress open beta", there will always be something someone doesn't like. "Customer complaints" (constructive feedback, to say the same thing in a positive way) are a large part of the reason FFXI, or any other MMO are in their current state.
____________________________

I started this character at the CE launch, and played for about 2 months. Haven't touched it since.
#50 Nov 06 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
oh and since I've been karma bombed back to scholar (again) for liking the game... lol add that to my list of things I could do without
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#51 Nov 06 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,564 posts
Kachi wrote:

The eternity it's taking them to make these adjustments doesn't bode well either. With the volume of problems, why not fix things when they're ready? Why hold out on fixes just to release them all together? There's no way that it's taken this long just to do some of the proposed changes, and if it has, that's plenty of cause for alarm.



Now that is something I have a problem with, but it's also the way SE has always operated so I'm not terribly surprised. It really would make a lot more sense to test and release at least some of the smaller changes when they're ready instead of trying to wait and slam a huge load into the game's throat all at once. If you do it gradually you have the advantage of being able to find and fix the inevitable bugs faster. When you make all of these proposed major changes all at the same time you kind of ***** yourself over because now you get to sift through a sandbox with a shrimp fork trying to find the cause of the load of problems that came with your sweeping change. Major patches almost always cause a lot of problems, even in established games. Major patches that bring so many drastic changes just about bring games to their knees for a few days or even weeks which I can admit is something FFXIV might not survive.

I'm still holding out and hoping the patches are worth the wait, but the way SE wants to implement the changes has me a little concerned that they might just hammer the final nail into the coffin.
____________________________
FFXI (Retired)
Naiya | Mithra | Windurst | Rank 10 | 1st Lieutenant | Ragnarok
WAR: 75 MNK: 75 SAM: 66
RotZ: O | CoP: O | ToAU: O | Apoch Nigh: O

WoW
Naiyah | B.Elf | 85 Rogue | Stormscale
Doubleday | B.Elf | 85 Paladin | Stormscale


« Previous 1 2
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)