Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Brand of EarthFollow

#1 Nov 09 2010 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
So I just hit armourer rank 20 and was excited about getting Brand of Earth but I don't have it in my actions and traits menu option under battle actions, traits or abilities. Is it just a passive thing thats always on once you hit 20?
#2 Nov 09 2010 at 10:48 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
676 posts
Brand of Earth is a Carpenter ability learned at rank 20. If you want it, I'd suggest levelling that craft. According to the Wiki article, your next ability is Pre-emptive measures at level 30, which reduces the chance of element destabilisation.

Abilities, even 'passive' abilities (called Traits), need to be equipped before they are active. You can equip any ability from any Disciple of the Hand class, so level a range of crafts for the best chance at success!

Edit: Amended rank needed to learn Brand of Earth.

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 12:00pm by Glitterhands
____________________________

FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#3 Nov 09 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
it must be something you have to buy with marks because I don't think I have it... unless it is under a different tab?
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#4 Nov 09 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
hmm according to http://ffxiv.yg.com/skills?c=3.31 I get it an 20?? oh well. Cheers
#5 Nov 09 2010 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
182 posts
Gotta purchase it from the guild
____________________________
#6 Nov 09 2010 at 11:10 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Yes, every class has abilities that are only obtainable with guild marks. They show up in ability lists based on their optimal rank, but just because it's on an ability list doesn't mean you'll learn it as soon as you hit that rank. Brand of <element> abilities are such abilities...they're listed with an optimal rank of 20 but you need to buy them with guild marks before you can use them.
#7 Nov 09 2010 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
Ok thanks, when or where do I get armourer local leves that give guild marks as a reward? ive done lvl 20 ones but they dont give marks.
#8 Nov 09 2010 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Vsayra wrote:
Ok thanks, when or where do I get armourer local leves that give guild marks as a reward? ive done lvl 20 ones but they dont give marks.


It's random, and you have no way of knowing which leves will give marks until you finish them and turn them in.
#9 Nov 09 2010 at 11:30 AM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
Aurelius wrote:
It's random, and you have no way of knowing which leves will give marks until you finish them and turn them in.

EDIT - is that the same for miner guild marks?

That's pretty s**t :( I hope they change that.

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 12:31pm by Vsayra
#10 Nov 09 2010 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Vsayra wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
It's random, and you have no way of knowing which leves will give marks until you finish them and turn them in.

EDIT - is that the same for miner guild marks?

That's pretty s**t :( I hope they change that.

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 12:31pm by Vsayra


Yeah add that to my LONG FRIGGING LIST of frustrations
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)