Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

I want a refund Follow

#1 Nov 09 2010 at 1:29 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
per another thread which i could not link f2p rumors are going around retailers are dropping prices on ce and se standard editon and now thats in the first day. Will we get a refund or some sort of in game gil compensation for buying XIV considering its only been 2-3months since we bought it? Man this upsets me 80dollars down the tube
#2 Nov 09 2010 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
**
451 posts
antshock30 wrote:
Will we get a refund or some sort of in game gil compensation for buying XIV considering its only been 2-3months since we bought it?


Nope.
#3 Nov 09 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
*
165 posts
I bought a car and the second I drove it off the lot, it was worth less than I paid for it. It's called depreciation.
#4 Nov 09 2010 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
New rumor = refund
yeah makes perfect sense
____________________________


#5 Nov 09 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
IF, and its a huge IF, they go to a completely free to play method (meaning free client download and account), they MAY give us some amount of micro-transaction currency (presumably crysta). I think at most though, they'll just keep the game pay to start, and then use micro-transactions to support the servers.
____________________________


#6 Nov 09 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
Our fault for buying it before it had time to hash out. Live with it.
____________________________




#7 Nov 09 2010 at 1:43 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
I bought a car and the second I drove it off the lot, it was worth less than I paid for it. It's called depreciation.

lol...thats because your car drove my game never made it off the lot!!! so i repeat can i have my money back
#8 Nov 09 2010 at 1:44 PM Rating: Good
***
1,083 posts
micro-transactions = i quit

But obviously SE is about the last company that would ever go in this direction so I think we can call this rumor safely false.
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#9 Nov 09 2010 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
40 posts
I'm willing to eat the CE cost. Who knows, maybe the game will make a miraculous recovery and be worth playing someday in the future.
____________________________
FFXIV - Rabanastre - Fisherman
FFXI - Leviathan - 75 Beastmaster /37 NIN/40 THF/40 BLU
#10 Nov 09 2010 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
*
164 posts
What a stupid rumor. They are not going to go to f2p.
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#11 Nov 09 2010 at 2:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
No matter what happens, no, you are not going to be getting a refund. You already bought it and you already used it.

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 10:02am by Pikko
#12antshock30, Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 2:04 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Pico
#13 Nov 09 2010 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
165 posts
Lol, you want a refund? Get your game to gamestop and trade it in for credit or another game. Seriously, this is like buying a burger, eat half of it, and then want a refund.
____________________________
"Make something idiot proof... someone will create a better idiot"
#14 Nov 09 2010 at 2:10 PM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
You already got 1 additional month free, remember?

The box price will never be refunded by SE, if you're serious about this the best you can try is a shady charge-back or some other "purchaser protection" policy.

I'd like to know the precedent for these refund demands. If you bought a crappy single player game you can't return it after you open it, why should it be different for an MMO? If you bought a crappy movie, can you return it after opening it? What about a crappy music album? Why should FFXIV be different than any other electronic entertainment item?

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 2:10pm by Hydragyrum
#15 Nov 09 2010 at 2:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
Again...everyone had opportunity to play beta...they should have known what they were getting into.

There will be no refunds

There will be no F2P

Everyone....CHILL (at least until see what SE has up their sleeve). Who knows...maybe they will actually do what they said they were going to do.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#16 Nov 09 2010 at 2:12 PM Rating: Good
*
222 posts
An in game item would be cool, or gil. that is not too much to ask!
____________________________


#17 Nov 09 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.
____________________________




#18 Nov 09 2010 at 2:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
80 wow I think game stop got me for 92, I still can't see any games in the future that can match that I got it early in mail feeling as this. I'd rather play it buggy instead of reading about when It'll be released outside of Japan.SE gave us a month free and angry post increased I'm thinking SE won't throw any more bones out till the true (disgruntled) players leave after free trial.
____________________________





#19 Nov 09 2010 at 2:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
This is not me siding with SE. This is me stating facts that retailers are not going to give you refunds on a game that has an account code that you used.
#20 Nov 09 2010 at 2:54 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
Pikko do you play XIV just wondering because your sig has all FF11 thats neither here nor there.. Just join the Darkside once. The Players need you on board !!!! just kidding Pikko don't get all mad
#21 Nov 09 2010 at 2:55 PM Rating: Decent
*
66 posts
They will never fix the lag in this game and the game will never truely be enjoyable because of it.

Luckily I have a friend with a shrinkwrap machine. I got my refund and even had to call my credit card and report them for fraud because I couldnt disable my account normally.

Ive now officially paid 0$ for this blunder of an MMO.
#22 Nov 09 2010 at 2:55 PM Rating: Decent
28 posts
Simool wrote:
Everyone....CHILL (at least until see what SE has up their sleeve). Who knows...maybe they will actually do what they said they were going to do.


Thats what people were saying in beta and open beta; on podcasts and forums etc.....

Turns out there wasn't anything up their sleeves.

#23 Nov 09 2010 at 3:19 PM Rating: Default
*
222 posts
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood
____________________________


#24 Nov 09 2010 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.
____________________________




#25 Nov 09 2010 at 3:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
TheRealLusent wrote:
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.


Whats more amazing is people need a review site to tell them whats good and whats not because they cant form their own opinions on games
____________________________


#26 Nov 09 2010 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
I love this game, why would you want a refund?
____________________________

#27 Nov 09 2010 at 4:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
196 posts
Vedis wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.


Whats more amazing is people need a review site to tell them whats good and whats not because they cant form their own opinions on games


The funny thing is most of the time the review is spot on.. as in the case with FFXIV ... So far everything that IGN gave a 6.9 and above.. is very playable... and mildly enjoyable.. Here's my situation..
So I started to play FFXIV during the final beta phase.. while skeptical I couldn't really care that much about my initial feelings as the beta was free.. logged in found everything to be fine as it is.. I accept all the stupid bugs and DC that slaps me in the face.. I fully understand it was beta.. one thing I find that was quite shocking was that the UI was in such bad condition.. and controls were not even remotely comfortable..

Regardless I know beta's were not demo's and I have seen cases were final releases were 99x better than beta if beta existed.. So I bought 2 collectors edition.. one as a commodity so I can sell in the future for some profit.. and one I would play on.. a month in and the game feels like the total piece of crap that it was in beta.... PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE NEXT FEW DIALOGUES

Stupid Dumb Fan boys: blah blah but nick MMO's get better with time.. Remember it took FFXI so freakin long to get good..
Nick (me): I'm sorry I didn't realize we were living in 2003..
Stupid Dumb Fan boys: ***** you, you troll... this game has potential to be amazing... all you trolls will come crawling back when it gets better
Nick (me): Doubt it.

So my original opinion is this game sucks nuts.. I read other reviews as well as official reviews.. and guess what the game still suck nuts... (Granted I read a handful of mildly positive review)

Needless to say I returned the fresh CE to best buy.. and sold my played CE to a member at sythe for about half price.. (I couldn't sell it for higher apparently and that was a month ago) Now that is real depreciation.. you little kiddy 15% off means absolutely jack to my selling of a CE edition for half off..

I OP recommend you to try and go sell your FFXIV copy on ebay.. or third party websites.. hint hint sythe ... Any kind of selling to third party is very risky business and should be take with extreme caution... if you really don't care for money just go sell it to game spot and get some credits... assuming they even take used pc games :| ...
____________________________
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding
#28 Nov 09 2010 at 4:17 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
257 posts
nick2412 wrote:
Vedis wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.


Whats more amazing is people need a review site to tell them whats good and whats not because they cant form their own opinions on games


The funny thing is most of the time the review is spot on.. as in the case with FFXIV ... So far everything that IGN gave a 6.9 and above.. is very playable... and mildly enjoyable.. Here's my situation..
So I started to play FFXIV during the final beta phase.. while skeptical I couldn't really care that much about my initial feelings as the beta was free.. logged in found everything to be fine as it is.. I accept all the stupid bugs and DC that slaps me in the face.. I fully understand it was beta.. one thing I find that was quite shocking was that the UI was in such bad condition.. and controls were not even remotely comfortable..

Regardless I know beta's were not demo's and I have seen cases were final releases were 99x better than beta if beta existed.. So I bought 2 collectors edition.. one as a commodity so I can sell in the future for some profit.. and one I would play on.. a month in and the game feels like the total piece of crap that it was in beta.... PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE NEXT FEW DIALOGUES

Stupid Dumb Fan boys: blah blah but nick MMO's get better with time.. Remember it took FFXI so freakin long to get good..
Nick (me): I'm sorry I didn't realize we were living in 2003..
Stupid Dumb Fan boys: ***** you, you troll... this game has potential to be amazing... all you trolls will come crawling back when it gets better
Nick (me): Doubt it.

So my original opinion is this game sucks nuts.. I read other reviews as well as official reviews.. and guess what the game still suck nuts... (Granted I read a handful of mildly positive review)

Needless to say I returned the fresh CE to best buy.. and sold my played CE to a member at sythe for about half price.. (I couldn't sell it for higher apparently and that was a month ago) Now that is real depreciation.. you little kiddy 15% off means absolutely jack to my selling of a CE edition for half off..

I OP recommend you to try and go sell your FFXIV copy on ebay.. or third party websites.. hint hint sythe ... Any kind of selling to third party is very risky business and should be take with extreme caution... if you really don't care for money just go sell it to game spot and get some credits... assuming they even take used pc games :| ...


The reason you couldn't get much for it is because it had a used registration code, all there is to use id the registration code on the guest pass, and if that has been used then all you sold was a shiny frizbee (sp?).

The registration codes for MMOs are one time codes which is why preowned MMOs are almost worthless unless the company lets you buy registration codes online, which as far as I know SE doesnt for ffxiv, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on that comment
____________________________
FFXI (Long since retired)
Delsus
Server: Cerberus

FFXIV
Delsus Highwind
Server: Ragnarok
#29 Nov 09 2010 at 4:57 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
196 posts
scrish wrote:
nick2412 wrote:
Vedis wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.


Whats more amazing is people need a review site to tell them whats good and whats not because they cant form their own opinions on games


The funny thing is most of the time the review is spot on.. as in the case with FFXIV ... So far everything that IGN gave a 6.9 and above.. is very playable... and mildly enjoyable.. Here's my situation..
So I started to play FFXIV during the final beta phase.. while skeptical I couldn't really care that much about my initial feelings as the beta was free.. logged in found everything to be fine as it is.. I accept all the stupid bugs and DC that slaps me in the face.. I fully understand it was beta.. one thing I find that was quite shocking was that the UI was in such bad condition.. and controls were not even remotely comfortable..

Regardless I know beta's were not demo's and I have seen cases were final releases were 99x better than beta if beta existed.. So I bought 2 collectors edition.. one as a commodity so I can sell in the future for some profit.. and one I would play on.. a month in and the game feels like the total piece of crap that it was in beta.... PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE NEXT FEW DIALOGUES

Stupid Dumb Fan boys: blah blah but nick MMO's get better with time.. Remember it took FFXI so freakin long to get good..
Nick (me): I'm sorry I didn't realize we were living in 2003..
Stupid Dumb Fan boys: ***** you, you troll... this game has potential to be amazing... all you trolls will come crawling back when it gets better
Nick (me): Doubt it.

So my original opinion is this game sucks nuts.. I read other reviews as well as official reviews.. and guess what the game still suck nuts... (Granted I read a handful of mildly positive review)

Needless to say I returned the fresh CE to best buy.. and sold my played CE to a member at sythe for about half price.. (I couldn't sell it for higher apparently and that was a month ago) Now that is real depreciation.. you little kiddy 15% off means absolutely jack to my selling of a CE edition for half off..

I OP recommend you to try and go sell your FFXIV copy on ebay.. or third party websites.. hint hint sythe ... Any kind of selling to third party is very risky business and should be take with extreme caution... if you really don't care for money just go sell it to game spot and get some credits... assuming they even take used pc games :| ...


The reason you couldn't get much for it is because it had a used registration code, all there is to use id the registration code on the guest pass, and if that has been used then all you sold was a shiny frizbee (sp?).

The registration codes for MMOs are one time codes which is why preowned MMOs are almost worthless unless the company lets you buy registration codes online, which as far as I know SE doesnt for ffxiv, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on that comment


I sold my entire account to a sythe member... I kept all the boxed merchandised and whatnot..
____________________________
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding
#30 Nov 09 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
If they closed the game down tomorow you would get no refund, let alone if it goes ftp. I hate the game but if you played it since it's been out you still got more playtime than you would of from most offline games you care to mention.
____________________________
BANNED
#31 Nov 09 2010 at 5:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
182 posts
Quote:
Your always defending SE can't you once hop on the players side!


Why do you think your voice is the voice of the players? This is your question and opinion... not everyones. This whole thread is based on a rumor, a stupid one with no link or merit what so ever. What was the point of this thread, but to start an argument. Please close thread
____________________________
#32 Nov 09 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
antshock30 wrote:
per another thread which i could not link f2p rumors are going around retailers are dropping prices on ce and se standard editon and now thats in the first day. Will we get a refund or some sort of in game gil compensation for buying XIV considering its only been 2-3months since we bought it? Man this upsets me 80dollars down the tube


If i sell you a couch today for 1k bucks and tomorrow i put the same ones on sale for 300 bucks... guess what.... You have a 1k buck couch.
#33 Nov 09 2010 at 5:32 PM Rating: Default
**
401 posts
Vedis wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.


Whats more amazing is people need a review site to tell them whats good and whats not because they cant form their own opinions on games


Yes I lost $80 + $179 <vid card> + $69 <PSU> because I wanted to try it out for myself, figuring like most MMO's that a swift week after update would fix/add some or alot of stuff to the game. Im dead wrong and I have only myself to blame. But then again, maybe next time I wont trust my word but the word of others.

When a 1000 voices cry out "Dont jump" I will listen next time and so should game makers. If your **** stinks and you get called on it maybe its time for a change.
____________________________




#34 Nov 09 2010 at 5:36 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
Why oh why would you get a refund? You bought a game and you didn't like it. That's like going to the movies and after watching it, going back to the ticket office to get a refund because you didn't enjoy the film.

Its your fault for tossing your money without waiting for reviews.

Personally, I love FFXIV and I can't wait for it to be polished. And these free to play comments are nothing but fanboy QQ raging nonsense.

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 6:36pm by MajidahSihaam
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#35 Nov 09 2010 at 5:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
237 posts
TheRealLusent wrote:
Vedis wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.


Whats more amazing is people need a review site to tell them whats good and whats not because they cant form their own opinions on games


Yes I lost $80 + $179 <vid card> + $69 <PSU> because I wanted to try it out for myself, figuring like most MMO's that a swift week after update would fix/add some or alot of stuff to the game. Im dead wrong and I have only myself to blame. But then again, maybe next time I wont trust my word but the word of others.

When a 1000 voices cry out "Dont jump" I will listen next time and so should game makers. If your sh*t stinks and you get called on it maybe its time for a change.


At least on the bright side you have a new video card to make other PC games run more smooth... so not a total loss. :)
#36 Nov 09 2010 at 5:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
165 posts
Lol, it's funny how some complain they had to invest in a graphic card to play the game, and use that as an excuse. Its like if the computer is not using the card for anything else, or if they are gonna throw it away with the game.
____________________________
"Make something idiot proof... someone will create a better idiot"
#37 Nov 09 2010 at 6:27 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
RdeLeo wrote:
Lol, it's funny how some complain they had to invest in a graphic card to play the game, and use that as an excuse. Its like if the computer is not using the card for anything else, or if they are gonna throw it away with the game.


I don't really play other GPU-intensive modern PC games, I'm more of a console gamer and outside of XIV my occasional PC gaming is older stuff that can be handled just fine without a high end graphics card. So yes, my $130 GTS450 purchase was 100% motivated by FFXIV and was pretty much a waste of money since I'm not taking advantage of it in the least on anything else except XIV.

I'm not ******** about it, I realize I took the risk I wouldn't like the game. But I'm also not getting any benefit from the new video card. I'll just hold onto it, at least I'll have something decent to run Diablo III when that comes out.

____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#38 Nov 09 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
crazyorc wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Vedis wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Seventhblood wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
I got my shoes, I got my hat, and I got a free month. I cancelled and that's that. There is nothing more you will get but a lesson learned to never jump on a pre-sale or game before the reviews are in.

They requested that the game not be reviewed until a month after release...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 4:19pm by Seventhblood


And that should have said tons about the game to the mass but yet we still bought in.


Whats more amazing is people need a review site to tell them whats good and whats not because they cant form their own opinions on games


Yes I lost $80 + $179 <vid card> + $69 <PSU> because I wanted to try it out for myself, figuring like most MMO's that a swift week after update would fix/add some or alot of stuff to the game. Im dead wrong and I have only myself to blame. But then again, maybe next time I wont trust my word but the word of others.

When a 1000 voices cry out "Dont jump" I will listen next time and so should game makers. If your sh*t stinks and you get called on it maybe its time for a change.


At least on the bright side you have a new video card to make other PC games run more smooth... so not a total loss. :)


True i was able to really push the numbers in regedit for FFXI... to that point I have gaming systems id rather play on but im waiting for my thumb to grow back after getting it eattin at work. See how 14 would have been good for me? no need for a thumb on a keyboard. :P as for other PC games no thanks, but I do thank you for the reply ^^
____________________________




#39 Nov 09 2010 at 7:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
997 posts
And hillbillies want to be called Sons of the Soil, but it ain't going to happen.
____________________________
Shhh! My common sense is tingling. ~ Deadpool

FFXI Server: Valefor Char: Lowkey


#40 Nov 09 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Decent
Yeah I want a refund too. Woah! Oh. :/ I thought that might have been a pig flying out of my @$$, but I just farted.

Seriously though, I haven't heard any rumor of F2P, or a refund, but I can't see it happening. Maybe in a parallel universe, where everyone loves bots, no one gets flamed on forums, and crafting doesn't make you want to strangle a small, cute animal.
____________________________

I started this character at the CE launch, and played for about 2 months. Haven't touched it since.
#41 Nov 09 2010 at 7:47 PM Rating: Default
*
95 posts
antshock30 wrote:
per another thread which i could not link f2p rumors are going around retailers are dropping prices on ce and se standard editon and now thats in the first day. Will we get a refund or some sort of in game gil compensation for buying XIV considering its only been 2-3months since we bought it? Man this upsets me 80dollars down the tube



You can get a refund if you bought it with your Credit Card. Dispute it to your CC company and tell them that you paid for a service and the service was not delivered. End of story. SE won't like it very much, but they brought it upon themselves.
#42 Nov 09 2010 at 7:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
182 posts
Quote:
FFXI Server: Valefor Char: Lowkey (semi-retired)


I had to read that again.. i read (semi-retarded) lol
____________________________
#43 Nov 09 2010 at 7:54 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Quote:
micro-transactions = i quit


Oh my yes; that is one of the few things SE is able to do that would heighten my current level of disappointment.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#44 Nov 09 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,211 posts
Tenkuro wrote:
You can get a refund if you bought it with your Credit Card. Dispute it to your CC company and tell them that you paid for a service and the service was not delivered. End of story. SE won't like it very much, but they brought it upon themselves.


He paid for a box with a CD in it, not a service. What you just told him to do is technically fraud.
____________________________
I be Ranz... the Melee White Mage. Arrrr.(As seen on Phoenix)
The friendliest Dynamis linkshell on Phoenix
My FFXI AH Info
#45 Nov 09 2010 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
124 posts
Just curious, has anyone heard/read about being able to have Crysta Refunded? I didn't think you could but if someone knows let me know :o
____________________________
Drg90, Blu90, Pld90, Rdm90 Smn90, Dnc90, Drk90, Mnk90, Whm77, Blm73
#46 Nov 09 2010 at 8:39 PM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
Pretty sure it's fraud, and I am definetly not condoning this behaviour but,

Hypothetically couldn't one return their game to a store and say it was defective and didn't work to get a replacement. Then return the unopened one to another store?.....I mean please don't try that, I'm just saying..Like you know for pretend if one were to do that, may work?...



Edited, Nov 9th 2010 9:47pm by KristoFurwalken
#47 Nov 09 2010 at 8:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
165 posts
KristoFurwalken wrote:
Pretty sure it's fraud, and I am definetly not condoning this behaviour but,

Hypothetically couldn't one return their game to a store and say it was defective and did't work to get a replacement. Then return the unopened one to another store?.....I mean please don't try that, I'm just saying..Like you know for pretend if one were to do that, may work?...

Edited, Nov 9th 2010 9:40pm by KristoFurwalken


The problem with this most probably will be the code, and im not sure if retailer will give you a new one with this kind of games. They will probably direct you to the number in the game box, to ask for a dvd replacement, not the whole package. Perhaps you can go and trade in the game for credit or another game, but not for the same game.
____________________________
"Make something idiot proof... someone will create a better idiot"
#48 Nov 09 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Good
*
165 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
Why oh why would you get a refund? You bought a game and you didn't like it. That's like going to the movies and after watching it, going back to the ticket office to get a refund because you didn't enjoy the film.


Actually, I saw that happen once. Some gentleman with his (something around) eight year old daughter bought tickets to Princess Mononoke just ahead of me and a girlfriend. The clerk pointed out that right on the poster it said "Mature Rating" and asked again if he really wanted to go in with his child. He said something quietly, the clerk sold them the two tickets.

I was curious and so was Angel, so we trailed them into the theatre and sat a couple of rows back. Sure enough, in the beginning scenes when it hits Mature Rating inside of ten minutes, the little kid was freaked out and crying and daddy had to carry her out.

I checked with the clerk on the way out and yes, she refunded them the entrance price. I can only imagine how traumatized that kid was - I had a few icky moments myself, later on.
#49 Nov 09 2010 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Doesn't getting your CC company to reverse the charges only hurt the retailer that you bought it from?
#50 Nov 09 2010 at 9:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
165 posts
Pikko wrote:
Doesn't getting your CC company to reverse the charges only hurt the retailer that you bought it from?


Plus since it was a CC, you had to sign for it, and they have proof it was a product you bought, not a service.
____________________________
"Make something idiot proof... someone will create a better idiot"
#51 Nov 09 2010 at 10:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
BTW, regarding the comments earlier about my sig. We'll be able to remedy that soon. *wink wink*
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)