Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

i believe FFXIV devs foresaw f2p heres whyFollow

#1 Nov 10 2010 at 9:28 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
number 1. crysta system..... they could have easily used POL's monthly charge ect or even added time cards.. but buying POINTS SCREAMS f2p with cash shop... think DDO and LOTRO... and RF online.. all pay to play games that went free to play with cash shop

number 2. they can get alot more monthly income doing this and heres a list why. imagine

0 anima regen at all.. instead you pay 500 crysta to regen anima.

weekly fatigue turns into monthly fautige and cost 700-1000 crysta for a reset

1 guardian aspect regen. another 500 crysta for full reset maybe less on this one like 300 crysta

a flat 500 or 1000 crysta charge for a permanent character slot

a monthly 100 crysta per retainer

the list goes on

the average non stingy/poor player would be spending abt $50 a month instead of $13 and that would make up for the people who play for free..

and in like all other cash shop games.. unless your using the cash shop you fall way behind everyone else. thus getting more people to buy crysta
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#2 Nov 10 2010 at 9:30 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,083 posts
Can someone insert a facepalm graphic for me? please?
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#3 Nov 10 2010 at 9:41 AM Rating: Excellent
*
169 posts
rikkuotaku wrote:
Can someone insert a facepalm graphic for me? please?



............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,**
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..**
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,**,.~”;/....**
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... **............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........**.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
#4 Nov 10 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
that looks more like a disfigured alien just needs the small 2nd mouth coming out the right hand side
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#5 Nov 10 2010 at 9:53 AM Rating: Excellent
*
89 posts
Square has several f2p games and crysta has been used in them. It's not something they've invented for FF14.
#6Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 9:55 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) funny i dont see crysta on ffxi >.>
#7 Nov 10 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
*
70 posts
………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…
#8Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 9:59 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) better bbut not enough palm on the face thats a finger,brow...
#9 Nov 10 2010 at 10:01 AM Rating: Excellent
**
473 posts
FFXIV is not going F2p u'll see. This game is rocky no doubt.

But no way SE will take their flagship title and through into the F2P arena. It does not make sense.
We cannot speculate anything until two things happen.

First: Is see how well/poorly the PS3 launch goes. The devs got burned bad about the PC launch. They have to be brain dead to make that mistake again. Once the PS3 launch happens if it goes well and the game has major issues fixed and more content added we should be good to go.

Secondly: the only way this game will go F2P is if the PS3 launch goes horribly wrong, i mean the core game stays as is with all the flimsy UI, unbalanced SP gain, still lacking content.


If these two things do not go well with poor subs then yes a F2P might be the way to go and develop the game that way.

IMHO that would be a sad sad day. A five/six year project going so poorly on your flagship franchise . . . . SE stock would also go free 2 use as tp . . .

I do not in the longer term see this happening at all.
#10Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 10:03 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) FIFY
#11Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 10:06 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) remember.. SE didnt make ffxiv.. they outsourced it to china AKA land of the F2P games
#12 Nov 10 2010 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
*
73 posts
Speeral : 620,000(?) units sold at PC launch is not "burned" - it's actually quite good overall, even considering how bad the Beta problems were.

I don't think we'll ever see FFXIV free to play.
____________________________
FFXI: Rison of Alexander (retired)
FFXIV: Rison Srithuram of Palamecia
LS: Omnipresence [ http://omnipresencels.com ]
#13 Nov 10 2010 at 10:13 AM Rating: Excellent
*
89 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
HachiLihachi wrote:
Square has several f2p games and crysta has been used in them. It's not something they've invented for FF14.

funny i dont see crysta on ffxi >.>


Could that be because FFXI has been released 8 years ago when Square did not have this payment system in place?
#14 Nov 10 2010 at 10:22 AM Rating: Excellent
**
473 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
Speeral wrote:
FFXIV is not going F2p u'll see. This game is rocky no doubt.

But no way SE will take their flagship title and through into the F2P arena. It does not make sense.
We cannot speculate anything until two things happen.

First: Is see how well/poorly the PS3 launch goes. The devs got burned bad about the PC launch. They have to be brain dead to make that mistake again. Once the PS3 launch happens if it goes well and the game has major issues fixed and more content added we should be good to go.

Secondly: the only way this game will go F2P is if the PS3 launch goes horribly wrong, i mean the core game stays as is with all the flimsy UI, unbalanced SP gain, still lacking content.


If these two things do not go well with poor subs then yes a F2P might be the way to go and develop the game that way.

IMHO that would be a sad sad day. A five/six year project going so poorly on your flagship franchise . . . . SE stock would also go free 2 use as tp . . .

I do not in the longer term see this happening at all.


remember.. SE didnt make ffxiv.. they outsourced it to china AKA land of the F2P games



I am not sure about the outsourced to China . . . . as far as I know the game was developed in house. (If there is a source on that can you link it? That would be news to me)

Yes SE did ship 600k + units to resellers, but how many were actually purchased by end users . . ..

With the current playerbase being somewhat low, and with the general consensus the being the overall product is incomplete, we have to see how PS3 launch goes.

I still think XIV will stay on a month to month sub system.

The state of the game now and the sub base does not reflect that figure
#15 Nov 10 2010 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
685 posts
If you don't wear an aluminum foil hat, XIV will become f2p
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#16 Nov 10 2010 at 10:45 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
If you don't wear an aluminum foil hat, XIV will become f2p



ha ha ha ha i had a good chuckle
#17Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 11:14 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) horse bird...
#18 Nov 10 2010 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
209 posts
Oh man, this is great.

/ma "Popcorn" <me>
____________________________
Catrim Boudain - Selbina, Gridania

"He who looks for the ridiculous in everything shall find it"
#19 Nov 10 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
horse bird...

ffxiv was made in china then later jp devs translated stuff to japanese

didnt u read the whole "its not our fault it was made in china" thing when ffxiv first came out



Nah I never saw that thread.

Well its not directly stated by SE, but the link does make a compelling argument I cannot refute.

**** who outsources their flagship franchise like that!?!?

this head in **** approach by SE gets worse daily. Why not do it yourself or work with respected development teams
for a product you're banking so much on . . . .


I feel like i bought the chinese knock off horsebird version of the game . . . .


/em facepalm!!!
#20 Nov 10 2010 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Speeral wrote:
Nah I never saw that thread.

Well its not directly stated by SE, but the link does make a compelling argument I cannot refute.

**** who outsources their flagship franchise like that!?!?


Compelling argument? That "article" consists of a few short paragraphs written by one blogger who bases the outlandish claim that SE outsourced FFXIV to Chinese programmers on a few mis-translations in the game.

If that's "compelling" I'd like to see what you consider a poor argument.

Edited, Nov 10th 2010 11:55am by Hydragyrum
#21 Nov 10 2010 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
534 posts
So in the making of videos...that was all Japanese actors portraying Chinese programmers. Maybe that's why they all seemed so happy...they were acting.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#22 Nov 10 2010 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
Speeral wrote:
Nah I never saw that thread.

Well its not directly stated by SE, but the link does make a compelling argument I cannot refute.

**** who outsources their flagship franchise like that!?!?


Compelling argument? That "article" consists of a few short paragraphs written by one blogger who bases the outlandish claim that SE outsourced FFXIV to Chinese programmers on a few mis-translations in the game.

If that's "compelling" I'd like to see what you consider a poor argument.

Edited, Nov 10th 2010 11:55am by Hydragyrum



SE won't just go out there and say that and looking at how the game is developed and there needed to be a translation from chinese to japanese . . . .

if its true which i never said it was, it would be a shame.

I do realize better sources are needed, but to see stuff like that popping up, its worrisome at least.
#23 Nov 10 2010 at 12:05 PM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
http://brokentoys.org/2010/09/24/final-fantasy-xiv-triumph-of-the-horsebirds/
if you google it , its all over the internet.. no real facts but then again SE never provides us with facts to begin with


Edited, Nov 10th 2010 12:07pm by Galkaholics
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#24 Nov 10 2010 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I don't think Square-Enix foresaw anything about Final Fantasy XIV's success/potential launch failure when they released the game. They were busy being too arrogant and thinking people would like their product and buy it no matter what. Quite the opposite with your hypothesis, they assumed people would p2p no matter how unfinished/poor their product really is.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#25Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 1:03 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) my whole point tho it seems its been missed by all.. is at least with crysta system ect and the ABILITY to go f2p with cash shop....
#26 Nov 10 2010 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/06/04/final-fantasy-xiv-free-to-play-and-beta-announcement-on-ps3/
Quote:
Currently, Sony has revealed that SOE will utilize a similar Free-to-Play model for new MMOs in development for the PS3. I suspect that this is the model Sony has pitched to Square Enix. Since the PS3 is fully capable of acting like server, Sony has been throwing up PS3s onto racks to act as dedicated servers for other games, so this arrangement with Square Enix sounds plausible.


rhe idea of ffxiv being f2p was tossed around when development first began so i guess all im really saying is dont be so quick to flame me or downrate me
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#27 Nov 10 2010 at 1:13 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
You know I read something similar a few months back and pitched to my boss that we could start deploying Ps3's across our clients, but he didn't go for it.

It's a bummer, because I'm getting bored of all this HP equipment.

:)
#28 Nov 11 2010 at 1:32 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,825 posts
I really think you smoke way too much before posting everytime most of the time...
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#29 Nov 11 2010 at 2:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
237 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
http://brokentoys.org/2010/09/24/final-fantasy-xiv-triumph-of-the-horsebirds/
if you google it , its all over the internet.. no real facts but then again SE never provides us with facts to begin with


Edited, Nov 10th 2010 12:07pm by Galkaholics


As you say there are no real facts, the world we live in is a world where you must prove your claims with valid facts. Which you can't bring to bare or the people making these statements. I wouldn't even pay attention to this, just more negative propaganda. Also the reasons you didn't see Crysta in XI was that the payment plan was sourced to POL which is a separate company, this time SE decided to run the payment methods themselves which is why you see Crysta being used, as other have said it has been used in other games. But I wouldn't count it on as meaning that SE will switch FFXIV over to F2P. Or in fact that being SE original plan, because it was there original plan would they not have just made it F2P in the first place.

Also since were playing make believe today with statements I live on the moon... which is indeed made of cheese, where I ride Space Sea Horses all day. By the way this is confirmed information I'll post the photo-shop... urg I mean original picture of me on the moon.
#30 Nov 11 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
630 posts
crazyorc wrote:
urg I mean original picture of me on the moon.


While on the space horse or it didn't happen.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)