Instead of repeating more simliarly ideas that has already being posted. Let's look at the greater picture at higher level. What would you do if you are CEO Yoichi Wada? What probelm do you think has the highest priority and what is your solution? I will start with mine.
If I am Wada -
Clearly to me this FFXIV is an unsuccessful product with the possibilities of potentials. I will need to reinstall the customer's confidence and soothe the customer's anger. Second priority is to buy time and to find a scapegoat so I will be able to survive the power struggle and politics, maybe I can slowly rebuilt company's reputation if I am lucky.
1. Create an youtube video and speak directly to the customers. Ask them to give us more time and we will "Listen to all customers"
2. Apologized for not listen enough for the feedback. Modify the current customer support center protocol system, open a more direct feedback forum and will respond to some fo the feedback. Make announcement of what feedback from which customer is currenntly being taken into consideration at least weekly.
3. Admit designing flaw and commit to radically redesign.
4. Extend more free trail or discount trail or incentive reward at the moment.
5. Fire the Project manager, designing team manager, PR manager, Media Manager, Customer relation manager and blame everything on them. From Designing to customer service feedback ...everything is their fault.
6. Bring in new talents to lead and redesign and install new management policy.
For me it is pretty simple because there are already so many destructive and constructive feedback. The problem was never unclear but quite the opposite. The first most important solution is to immediately do more than what customer already asking for, also let them know they are being heard!
What about you guys?