Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Stat Caps Per Rank [COMPLETE]Follow

#52 Nov 18 2010 at 4:07 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
93 posts
I can confirm that R35 is capped at 122.
#53 Nov 18 2010 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
40 posts
As far as stat caps are concerned, the current list that we have compiled so far only shows the HP and MP caps by allocating points into VIT and MND respectively. It does not necessarily mean that attributes all cap at the same numbers.

I did some testing at Physical Level 18, Conjurer Rank 11. Given my limited number of bonus points (116) I could only bring my MND up to 84 at best, but here are some interesting results:

  • MP capped at 52 MND as a rank 11 Conjurer, which is correct. I could not go further than 659MP at that rank.

  • However, my cures did not cap at 52 MND. I was letting Wharf Rats beat on me in order to test how MND relates to Cure, and it is interesting to know that for every 2 points I put into MND, my maximum cure goes up by 1 point. To illustrate this: at 52/53 MND I could cure 219 HP, at 54/55 MND I could cure 220 HP, at 56/57 MND I could cure 221 HP, and so on. Even when I reached the maximum MND that I could allocate given my low level (i.e. 84 MND) my cures were still not capped, and 84 MND = 235 HP cured.

  • In the midst of spending MP, I used the Tranquility ability to gain back my MP. Initially, I did not pay much attention to the amount of MP I was getting back, but subsequently I added an extra column to record it, because I was noticing that as my MND was increased, my MP returned was also increasing. At 41 MND, I got back 283 MP. At 63, 79 and 84 MND however, I hit a maximum cap of 330 MP returned. However, I am not able to determine at what MND exactly does Tranquility cap, for I have not been able to collect enough information at the time. For this, I will go back to recollect more information.

It would then seem that MP cap does not equal to MND cap, as you can still increase your MND to get higher numbers in cures. It also seems that different job abilities cap at different attribute points. More analysis is then needed to deduce how each stat affects each action, as it will be too simplistic to conclude that once MP stops going up, MND has hit the cap.

Edited, Nov 18th 2010 1:29pm by Raithlion
#54 Nov 18 2010 at 12:49 PM Rating: Decent
31 posts
@ Raithlion

Thank you very much. I'm glad someone who could finally did some testing on this.




This is why I always question things and why it bothered me the op was presenting assumption as fact.


So please stop handing out "facts" that haven't had any testing to prove. And please stop accepting info you are given as fact without any solid testing to prove its validity.

The ops info is still great info on HP/MP stat caps. Props to every one who added to the info. Its still very useful.

Edited, Nov 18th 2010 2:00pm by Snicklefritze
#55 Nov 18 2010 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
klepp6761 wrote:
they all do share the same cap. vit is just the easiest means to test. str or int/mnd work as well if you'd prefer.

how many mmo's do you know of where the stats have a different cap from one another? o.O

Edited, Nov 17th 2010 10:40am by klepp6761


Depends on how you define stats. ACC won't cap the same as |STR| won't cap the same as a weapon (XI for instance).
Realistically, everything needs to be tested and nothing can be assumed :) For all we know, certain things may cap based on race...

I do get your point though...

EDIT: Raithlion's post is important to note! None of this takes away from the value of the testing done. It only adds to it until we find the equation. GREAT JOB EVERYONE! I


Edited, Nov 18th 2010 1:58pm by STFUAllaElitists

Edited, Nov 18th 2010 2:00pm by STFUAllaElitists
#56 Nov 18 2010 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
Rank 34: 118

Also, we've known for a while that the stats affect more than just what these soft caps affect. o.O;
This is just for the VIT and MND's HP and MP cap for each level based off of stats. The fact that those aren't affected by stats on gear should have led you to figure out that they do other things.
#57 Nov 18 2010 at 4:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
21 posts
Raithlion wrote:
As far as stat caps are concerned, the current list that we have compiled so far only shows the HP and MP caps by allocating points into VIT and MND respectively. It does not necessarily mean that attributes all cap at the same numbers.

...


Not to say you're incorrect but mine and the communities' findings were based on VIT and MND which is the easiest way to determine the caps. The fact that equipment and perhaps even Conversion traits can push the gains further would mean these caps are soft caps not hard caps where there would be zero increases beyond. That would make equipment and traits irrelevant.

One poster found he hard capped on an element at 184 and could no longer put points into it. Whether this is a soft or hard cap, we don't know yet. The Rank 50 cap is 174 while the actual cap to put points into a stat is 184.

I wasn't trying to present these as fact, but theories based on the way HP and MP worked with VIT and MND.

VIT and MND do different things. As sospleaseunotres pointed out, equipment with VIT and MND don't increase HP or MP. As I pointed out earlier, they'll provide other bonuses as HP and MP on equipment is found separately. In my first post, I mentioned something about modifiers for different classes on stats and used the example of the difference in HP and MP between a DoW and a DoM with VIT and MND. No matter what DoW, DoM, DoL, or DoH you are, the cap is exactly the same number across the board but that simply does not mean they have the same modifiers.

Since every single job and class caps HP and MP at the exact same amount of VIT and MND, we can assume the bonuses for point allotment stop there entirely. But this post is based on stats, not spell modifiers. That's a completely different study.

VIT and MND reduce physical and magical damage respectively. That's hard to test without a parser and how arbitrary mob damage can be. We can assume that because HP and MP both stop there, the cap for damage reduction is the same. We could be wrong, but we could also be right. DEX could very well cap out at the respective number I've posted and the ZAM community has contributed to but it may not. Unfortunately, many parsers and tests show how broken DEX/INT/PIE are so that leaves us with STR. We assume STR caps out at the same numbers damage increase and block damage reduction.

Once again, I could very well be wrong, but what you're posting is about spell modifiers not the actual stat bonuses. As in XI, spells had their own caps and stat contributions and modifiers. Waltz, for example, took it's modifier from VIT and CHR. I don't believe spells are affected by the stat cap because they each have their own formula and caps based on those modifiers. But your MP gains stopped at a certain point and maybe your M.Def did as well.

As it was pointed out in a recent Ask The Devs, the conditions and bonuses for each spell based on stats varies from spell to spell. Primary stats affect secondary stats. Spells take their contribution modifiers from those primary stats. It'd be silly to assume that if MND is capped on Points that it means all Healing and Defensive spells, or PIE in relation to all Debuffs and Absorbs, would all be capped as well. They're independent and I never pointed anything in my testings regarding spells because of the way they work. Yes, this could apply to STR as well in relation to Weapon Skills. XI has this as well: Stats gave damage modifiers to Weapon Skills as it did to spells.

Although I do appreciate you bringing up spell modifiers, I think it's a completely different subject area.

Edited, Feb 18th 2011 11:53pm by Beregren
#58 Nov 18 2010 at 11:10 PM Rating: Decent
31 posts
There are a lot of assumptions in that post.


If your not trying to present the info that all stats have the same cap as fact you may want to read over your original post and word it a little different.

Because the way it reads right now is very factual.



Also there was some testing done on STR by Yabusame that seems to prove your assumptions wrong. Though I can't say for sure as I don't know enuff about the testing conditions. Mainly what gear if any was worn that could have ben used to add to the stats.
#59 Nov 19 2010 at 12:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
21 posts
Snicklefritze wrote:
There are a lot of assumptions in that post.


If your not trying to present the info that all stats have the same cap as fact you may want to read over your original post and word it a little different.

Because the way it reads right now is very factual.



Also there was some testing done on STR by Yabusame that seems to prove your assumptions wrong. Though I can't say for sure as I don't know enuff about the testing conditions. Mainly what gear if any was worn that could have ben used to add to the stats.


Most of what we've all concluded are assumptions. I'm not making any illusion otherwise. What is fact is that HP and MP gains stop after allotting a certain amount of VIT and MND. Even posts theorycrafting before the Devs article about stats were assumptions and that's perfectly fine. Any misinformation gets corrected eventually, but the fact here is that these caps show HP and MP gains from VIT and MND point allotment stops at particular numbers per rank.

Regardless, I dug up the post you were talking about:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1286695656231379233&howmany=50
Yabusame tested on the Rank 2-3 Marmots outside Gridania, using only Light Shot, and his equipment is listed there.

His testing is very accurate (can't argue against about 1500 attacks), and if substantial, then STR has a much higher cap than what VIT/MND's HP/MP caps at 60 for that rank would let on. Thing is, we need more testing. These caps could very solely affect HP and MP's caps, but again, I believe spell and weapon skill modifiers are different. His using only Light Shot contradicts the original theories, and that's perfectly fine. The other attributes may very well have different caps, but we need more testing for that. We don't know what the cap is for the "invisible" stats unless more people run a parser and test it as Yabusame did.

Another testing showed how DEX did close to absolutely nothing. Many have reported the same for INT and PIE as well. Stats may be broken or working as intended, and the same hold true for the STR test. If STR is showing such promising gains but DEX shows absolutely nothing, something is very wrong.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that most information right now is an assumption, yes, but any information that's incorrect will eventually be corrected by myself, you, or other FFXIV players. Many DoW stack solely STR/VIT, many DoW stack solely VIT/MND, and this is because other stats have shown to be useless or broken. This list isn't law, but theory. The fact, however, is, once again, that VIT and MND stop giving HP and MP gains respectively at very specific numbers per rank for every single class. If that is all this list is good for, I'm perfectly fine with it. It'll at least benefit the DoWs the most. But DEX/INT/PIE are all broken according to testing in fights, and STR shows the most promising invisible stat gains according to other tests such as Yabusame's. There hasn't been any mention that stats are broken or being adjusted either. Sadly, we don't have enough points to cap the 3 stats most battlercrafters need.

tl;dr: Incorrect information will correct itself eventually. If all this list is good for is VIT/MND=>HP/MP allotment caps, that's fine sinc DoWs will still benefit the most. Some stats seem broken and show no promise (DEX/PIE/INT) while others are much more favorable (VIT/STR/MND). In closing, thank you for bringing it to my, and everyone's, attention. It is useful information. Hopefully this will open up more testing to be done.

Edited, Feb 19th 2011 12:01am by Beregren
#60 Nov 19 2010 at 1:24 AM Rating: Good
31 posts
Yabusame did a second test on dex that seemed to suggest dex may be tierd. Though I haven't seen any further testing.


It would explain the seemingly broken stats. Since you would have to surpass a certain point to see an increase in benefits.
#61 Nov 19 2010 at 5:26 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
93 posts
I can confirm that R36 is capped at 126.
#62 Nov 19 2010 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
40 posts
Thank you Beregren, but as far as the data you have presented is concerned, the numbers are only showing caps for HP and MP. We do not yet have conclusive evidence to say that all stats cap at the same numbers at specific ranks, hence the statement:

Quote:
It's 82 for every class for every stat at Rank 22 across the board.

is only a hypothetical assumption.

Your reply however did provide much food-for-thought, and I am thankful for your observation that spell modifiers are not equal to stat caps. Before we can determine modifiers, it is then only rightful if we can know our actual stat cap figures.

How can we then go about doing that? A parser may make things convenient, but without one, manual recording of numbers can also do the trick, the only downside being that it is extremely tedious. Here are some ideas on how we can test each stat individually:

STR
  • Increases damage dealt by physical attacks
  • Increases damage prevented when blocking attacks with a shield

To test STR, what we can do is to kill a certain number and same type of mobs, record all the damage per hit we dealt, then identify the minimum and maximum damage dealt from the figures. We then add 1 point into STR, do the same thing over again, until we get the minimum and maximum damage we are doing per increment in STR.

If we have a shield, we would also take note of the reduced damage numbers after successive blocks (I would think that is how shields work and how the information would be shown on screen, but I have yet to use a shield) and see if the numbers become lower as STR increases.

Should we include critical hits? I think these numbers are important and should be recorded as well, but we ought not to take them into account for the above experiment, because critical hits are primarily affected by DEX. What we may want to know is whether STR does have any effect on critical damage dealt though, and to see if the numbers will increase with STR.

VIT
  • Reduces damage taken from physical attacks
  • Increases maximum HP

Since we already have the caps for HP, what's left to test will be the damage we take. Here, I think we ought to collect the data without the use of a shield, such that it does not take into account any additional defense modifiers. Similar to STR then, we kill a certain number and same type of mobs, record the amount of damage we received from mobs, then determine the lowest and highest damage received. We then add 1 point into VIT, and rinse and repeat the process.

DEX
  • Increases accuracy of physical attacks
  • Increases chances of evading physical attacks
  • Increases critical hit rate of physical attacks and resulting damage
  • Increases parry rate for certain weapons

DEX proves to be the more tedious stat to work on. Firstly, we would want to take down the number of times we managed to hit a mob, the number of times we evaded, the number of times we get critical hits and the corresponding damage, the number of times we parried, and most crucial are the total number of hits and misses we damaged the mob, and the total number of times the mob tried to hit us. From here, we can then work out percentages of the various areas that are affected by DEX, then repeat the entire process. Moreover, the numbers would only be more accurate the more mobs we kill, so it's a whole lot of work. A parser would do wonders here, otherwise we would have no choice but to go the hard way.

INT
  • Increases damage dealt by magic attacks

In my opinion, INT is not broken at all, but perhaps the increase in damage is so slight that one cannot really feel much of a difference. Then again, with no solid numbers and purely by intuition, it is no wonder we tend to come to such a conclusion.

What we can do first of all is to set all our elemental attributes at 20, because at this point we haven't any clue how they affect spell damage, so it is safest to keep them at the same number. Next, we can cast one spell repeatedly on a certain type of mob over a certain number of kills, and much like STR, we take down the minimum and maximum damage dealt to them, not taking into account partial resists over here. Then we repeat the process with new values of INT.

MND
  • Reduces damage taken from magic attacks
  • Increases maximum MP

MP aside, the only way that we can test MND and magic damage reduction would be to fight mobs that do magic damage, of which elementals would be the easiest. It would be important to fight the same type of elemental such that we only get attacked with one element type, increasing the accuracy of the test. Similar to VIT, we only need to record the minimum and maximum magic damage dealt to us by the elementals, yet besides that we may also wish to separate the data into the different magic attacks they do on us, assuming if they do that. Rinse and repeat with increasing values of MND.

PIE
  • Reduces chances of your magic attacks being resisted
  • Increases your chance of resisting magic attacks of others

To experiment on PIE, the process is similar to DEX except it may be simpler. We only need to work out the percentages of: the number of times our spells are resisted to the total number of times we casted; the number of times we resisted enemy's magical attacks to the total number of times enemy used magic attacks on us.

I understand that spells also have chances of critically hitting mobs, yet there isn't any indication by SE where this would fall under. I would assume PIE in this case, so it may also be good to test if PIE actually does affect spell crits.

The above are just suggestions of how one can go about doing tests on the individual stats. So far, at least to me, it seems to be workable on paper. However, we ought also to remember other factors that may affect the figures, such as gear durability, and other attributes like defense, evasion, resilience, magic potency, etc. which we currently do not know how they function in relation to our primary stats.
#63 Nov 19 2010 at 1:29 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,949 posts
Raithlion wrote:
In the midst of spending MP, I used the Tranquility ability to gain back my MP. Initially, I did not pay much attention to the amount of MP I was getting back, but subsequently I added an extra column to record it, because I was noticing that as my MND was increased, my MP returned was also increasing. At 41 MND, I got back 283 MP. At 63, 79 and 84 MND however, I hit a maximum cap of 330 MP returned.

Tranquility returns 50% MP every time.
You have a max of 659MP; So that means the cap you'll get is 330. When you tested at 41 MND you were below cap, therefore lower than 659 MP, so it's normal you observed an increase at some point. Be sure to use it when you're below 50%, as the number displayed caps on what you actually need in MP.
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#64 Nov 21 2010 at 5:17 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Shamless bump for easy access on first page.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#65 Nov 22 2010 at 3:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
247 posts
With damage tests I would say...be nekked and use crap weapons that are 100%-50%. As I understand, only when you get the icon saying that your gear is banged up does the performance actually drop. So anywhere in the 100%-50% range should have the same accuracy/damage.

Use crap weapons I suggest so that you don't kill things...TOO quickly. Finally, for the damage tests, I think it would also be important to fight mobs that are green to the player pretty much exclusively (Green = Same Level). Otherwise, you'd be attacking mobs of varying levels and possible different defensive ratings.

Can anyone confirm/deny on the 100%-50% thing?

Man, I'm excited for the more motivated people out there to start testing this crap hardcore...

-Kash
____________________________
I "BAM!" therefor I AM!
#66 Nov 22 2010 at 3:54 PM Rating: Decent
Rank 42: 146 confirmed
#67 Nov 22 2010 at 9:49 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
I can confirm r17 - r19 for both VIT and MND.

17 - 68
18 - 70
19 - 72
#68 Nov 24 2010 at 12:36 PM Rating: Decent
rank43 caps at 148 not 150
#69 Nov 24 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Although it may not prove the other stats' caps, it gives a very good indication of the range that is most likely effective.

Very nicely done. Much appreciated.

#70 Nov 26 2010 at 5:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Anyone willing to update this based on today's patch?
#71 Nov 26 2010 at 6:31 AM Rating: Good
*
85 posts
I wonder if cap changed or just values
#72 Nov 26 2010 at 7:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
21 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Anyone willing to update this based on today's patch?


Caps are still the same. Value modifiers are not.
Instead of gaining 12-13 HP, I now gain 5-6 HP per point of VIT.
R31 still caps at 108. I'm assuming all other caps are still correct.

Edited, Nov 26th 2010 8:21am by Beregren
#73 Nov 28 2010 at 1:52 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
Bump.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#74 Nov 28 2010 at 2:57 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
I have a ? on caps I am a player that injoys both sides of the game my main is a conj and my skills are weaver,alc,lw,bot, and when i resigh all points into dex for weaver i was not even close to cap is there a way to play both and still be good at both sides my physical is 34 ty for any help.
#75 Nov 28 2010 at 3:27 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
#76 Nov 28 2010 at 7:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
638 posts
Could we sticky this? This is valuable information.
____________________________


#77 Nov 29 2010 at 1:09 AM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
Or someone could add it to the wiki. I would myself but I've no idea how to.
#78 Dec 05 2010 at 2:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Bumping for its usefulness.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#79 Dec 12 2010 at 2:27 AM Rating: Good
*
63 posts
bump
____________________________


#80 Dec 12 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Added this to the links in the sticky.
#81 Dec 12 2010 at 11:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
Wow, much thanks Beregren.

I had no idea the cap was even there, and have pumped at least 15-20 points over in Vit, Str, and Dex. Without this post who knows how many more I would have wasted.

Thanks again!
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#82 Jan 06 2011 at 10:14 PM Rating: Default
4 posts
I can confirm that rank 39 caps at 136.

Thanks for all your work on this :)

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 9:16pm by TaruOfThought
#83 Jan 07 2011 at 6:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
225 posts
I went with balancing the baseline stats, and let class, gear, food, pots, and abilities boost them. Course when having many classes, which I constantly change it made the most sense.
____________________________


#84 Jan 09 2011 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
R40 caps at 138, rather than 140; I've just confirmed this on Kashuan. Thanks :)

Edited, Jan 9th 2011 8:35pm by TaruOfThought
#85 Jan 10 2011 at 6:40 PM Rating: Default
42 posts
Yup, hp and mp does cap at does leves, BUT for example defence seems to have a bit higher fap on with than hp. This i tested out as pug lowrank, getting attacked over and over with these caps first, then full vit. I lost about 8% less hp per hit after that. So might need to have more testing on that...
#86 Jan 10 2011 at 8:08 PM Rating: Decent
*
81 posts
bump , just because i like this post
____________________________

#87 Jan 13 2011 at 2:10 PM Rating: Decent
*
127 posts
You can only use this for VIT/MND HP/MP gains. Stats affect the stats of the user further than just the HP/MP cap when increased further.

A very easy way to test this is to cap out your MND MP cap, and then cast Cure on someone. Now add 2 points to MND. You just healed for more.
#88 Jan 14 2011 at 5:41 AM Rating: Good
*
227 posts
Maybe I am confused on this, but Accuracy means actually hitting the Target more, with them not Evading or the hit Missing.

I just went up a Physical Level last night and before the level up my Accuracy was 119, put some points into Dexterity and after the level up, Accuracy was 119. I do not believe I have hit the Stat Cap, according to one post I read. So why isn't my Accuracy increasing. So far the only reason I have seen it go up is because I equipped a better weapon.
____________________________
Remember: Some Times the Dragon Wins.



#89 Jan 14 2011 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
*
219 posts
Thornpaw wrote:
Maybe I am confused on this, but Accuracy means actually hitting the Target more, with them not Evading or the hit Missing.

I just went up a Physical Level last night and before the level up my Accuracy was 119, put some points into Dexterity and after the level up, Accuracy was 119. I do not believe I have hit the Stat Cap, according to one post I read. So why isn't my Accuracy increasing. So far the only reason I have seen it go up is because I equipped a better weapon.



You will not see that Accuracy stat increase unless you add items that specifically increase "Accuracy," rings or a new weapon for example. Though no one knows for sure, it's possible that your "chance to hit" is an equation derived from both your DEX and your Accuracy.

Regarding Miss, and Evade, depending on the battle system they use, it's possible that Accuracy affects one, the other, or both.

____________________________

#90 Jan 15 2011 at 1:49 AM Rating: Decent
I can confirm a few things and answer some questions regarding equipment.

Rank 37's cap is indeed 128. HP stopped climbing after 128. I am assuming that this is how these stats are being tested. I tested naked so no margin of error.

I then equipped a pair of canvas trousers with VIT+5, and no change in HP. I assume then that the VIT+ on the pants do not override the stat cap for R37.

I then put on a bronze cuirass which again has VIT+5 and HP+44. HP climbed, not to the +44 since it is 1 lvl higher and hence gimped, but it climbed. This indicates that HP+ (and I would assume MP+) items override the stat cap.

Great thread, I am hoping the concrete evidence keeps on coming.

Thanks everyone~ Shin
#91 Jan 20 2011 at 8:53 AM Rating: Decent
Tried finding this by searching forum and couldn't. So here is a bump to help.

Recommend sticky? Or maybe put this info in wiki somewhere easy to find?
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#92 Jan 26 2011 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
28 posts
Bump for usefulness,
#93 Jan 26 2011 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
I couldnt find this using the search but could with Google ^^

I would like it sticky'd too
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#94 Jan 26 2011 at 4:57 PM Rating: Excellent
*
227 posts
Metin wrote:
I couldnt find this using the search but could with Google ^^

I would like it sticky'd too



On the very first post, right above it there is FOLLOW, click that and then you can look in your (Followed Threads)

Edited, Jan 26th 2011 5:58pm by Thornpaw
____________________________
Remember: Some Times the Dragon Wins.



#95 Jan 28 2011 at 10:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
241 posts
20 000 views -WoW- (pardon my expression). Maybe we could get this topic pinned somewhere, so all this hard work doesn't get lost in a month or two.
____________________________


#96 Jan 29 2011 at 2:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,017 posts
not sure if its been thought of but with the + stats (not hp/mp) on gear and how they dont seem to be doing anything. I think what they are used for is to raise the cap of said stat. so if the cap is at 50 and you have +7 vit on ur helm u can benefit from 57 vit instead of just the 50 which is cap.


not sure if its been tested. id love to test it out but I dont play it anymore.

just trying to help.
____________________________
-Character Name: Djinnrb (old)
-Server: CaitSith
-Jobs:BLU75 BRD75 THF67 PLD 44 DRG 44 DNC39 NIN37
----------------------------------
-Character Name: Lightpalm
-Asura
-Jobs: WAR54 WHM53 RNG35 SAM70 RUN70
----------------------------------


http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/FFXIV_Leveling_Guide

Mithsavvy wrote:
Everything Square Enix does puts out a vibe that says, "I was programmed by someone who read C++ for Dummies after obtaining my degree in MIS"
#97 Feb 08 2011 at 10:59 PM Rating: Default
*
56 posts
I have proven that INT does not conform to the proposed soft caps assumed and disclaimed in the original post:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152;mid=1297132715260171115;page=1#m1297132715260171115
____________________________
Deus Diabolus, Gstar Raw, Besaid Server
Leader of Lifestream LS
http://lifestreamls.enjin.com
#98 Feb 13 2011 at 12:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
21 posts
DeusBahamut wrote:
I have proven that INT does not conform to the proposed soft caps assumed and disclaimed in the original post:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152;mid=1297132715260171115;page=1#m1297132715260171115


Except I've already addressed multiple times in the original post the caps only work for HP and MP gained through VIT and MND after this was brought up and discussed multiple times already. Maybe it's time I completely formatted the original post to make it more clear the caps only work for HP and MP gains through stats. The red disclaimer wasn't enough. I'll even go back and fix grammatical errors and wording on my previous posts on this subject.

Edit: Reformatted the entire original and other posts to make this point more clear.

Edited, Feb 19th 2011 12:04am by Beregren
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)