Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

CONTENT CAN I HAVE IT PLEASE!Follow

#1 Nov 12 2010 at 12:48 PM Rating: Sub-Default
*
111 posts


IMO the real reason people are complaining is that there is no direction from the developers
in the game. So the players have picked up the slack of where they want to see the game go.


EXAMPLES: 1:ARGUMENTS ARMOR TO HIGH BEING WORN VS STAYING AT CURRENT LEVEL
2:CRAFTING VS NOT CRAFTING
3:END GAME VS NO END GAME
4:LACK OF CONTENT VS PEOPLE WHO SAY THE CONTENT IS FINE OR WILL BE HERE IN A YEAR

the list could go on and on


This is the biggest problem in the game. No direction from the developers.Players help fine tune what the dev team has produced,content,graphics,game play etc they don't tell the developers what should be in the game as the main attraction.Its utterly absurd that really know one has a clue what to do besides level and or craft. I have yet to see a path to take one way or the other. This is causing players to take the role of developer and everyone has there own opinion of which way the game should go. Its time for the Dev team to address this as well as fixing bugs that should of been out of the game as well. So we can start playing a game and not having a second job telling Wada what his developers should be doing.

I feel like SE is throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks. Yes they are fixing bugs and mechanics thats a whole diffrent argument. I am intrested in seeing a plan for the future of content. Its great to have a game that feels like a f16 jet but if that jet has no gps of where to go it will eventually crash and burn.

please don't post they will have content in a year like i have been seeing in other post.That makes me lmao that someone would wait that long for content.


#3 Nov 12 2010 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
makoReactor wrote:
wait, are people still playing ffxiv?



at least say something constructive . . .

this thread is a waste, content is coming.

From what is on lodestone and how the story so far is beginning to give details about the lore and the world. I am very interested to see what will happen and how this story will develop.

Personally i would love more, but seeing what is coming down the road and within 6 months, I am super stoked.

Please OP there are maybe 100 threads on here like yours, meaning your opinion or comments are not original, and you should have posted in the feedback thread or any other of the upteen flame threads.


If you have nothing new or constructive to say please, just say nothing.
#5 Nov 12 2010 at 1:07 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
Content is coming in 6months thats great ! Mean time ill just kill goats until then, thanks for the fyi because that was really helpful as well.

ps I have seen a 1000 post like yours be patient content is coming! When where is it coming.
In 6months everyone will be playing something else except a couple Japanese players and you!

once again another argument because there is no direction in the game!
#6 Nov 12 2010 at 1:07 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
who knew? but yes they are.

and you are probably one of them, just in the closet about it seems.



Quote:
wait, are people still playing ffxiv?
#8 Nov 12 2010 at 1:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
So you want end game content right now?

Tell me, what level and rank are you?
#9 Nov 12 2010 at 1:15 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
antshock30 wrote:
Content is coming in 6months thats great ! Mean time ill just kill goats until then, thanks for the fyi because that was really helpful as well.

ps I have seen a 1000 post like yours be patient content is coming! When where is it coming.
In 6months everyone will be playing something else except a couple Japanese players and you!

once again another argument because there is no direction in the game!



Guess what I didn't say in 6 months i said within. Considering also the announcement this week for nov and dec that makes it less then 3 months.

Btw goats aren't the only mob you can grind on, unless you bot shards then I guess I get it.

For the moment there is something, and a functioning platform. I prefer the stability and little bare bones for the time being, than playing a content laden game that won't even load.



#10 Nov 12 2010 at 1:17 PM Rating: Excellent
**
473 posts
Pikko wrote:
So you want end game content right now?

Tell me, what level and rank are you?


Welcome to the party -_-

I think im about burnt up with people starting threads like this 20+ times a day, how you admins do ur job is beyond me
i would be fired with my banhammer if i was an admin
#11antshock30, Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 1:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Pikko,
#12 Nov 12 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
462 posts
The reason you felt like there was a direction was because you were pushed in that way by the players...

The Dev. Team did not say.. "go to the Dunes, go to the tree, kill crabs, exp off bombs.. etc" That was all player establish routes...

This gave you a perceived sense of "progress" because you knew that once you hit 20, you would be progressing into a new area.... you could look back at your progress and see the evolution of your characer...

Now, there is no set path.. no leveling areas... so there is a general "where should I go?" atitude.. Once a set path for leveling from 1-50 becomes established, people will know, once I hit "x" rank, its time to kill "x" mob...
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#13 Nov 12 2010 at 1:35 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
Maverick ,

that makes some sense and thanks for the great post. But I think it was more then the players pushing you that way it was the way FF11 team dev the game as like any MMO they had a direction. It was laid out by levels of monsters so you didnt have much choice. There were a couple diffrent paths to go but mostly a plan was in place to push the players that way correct. Players did not push other players that way for the sake of going that way,it was the master plan of the developers who knew how to make content and progression of a game at that time. I have not played ff11 in a while so that might of changed


but thanks for the great response
#14 Nov 12 2010 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
If anything the progression is more obvious now given the fact that the camps are pretty much all labeled R10, R20, R30

which means if you are R16 you should be leveling with a small party in an R20 area and a large party in R30. Around each camp there are different types of mobs that suit different kinds of parties.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#15 Nov 12 2010 at 1:45 PM Rating: Decent
**
462 posts
As true as that may be... there is stil an issue with perceived progress which I think the OP is getting at...

Just because I'm in a R30 zone, I have no idea what to level off of. Do I get a large group together? How many people do I need to have? If I have 10 people, do I need to exp off different mobs than if I have 7? Do I have too many healers? Not enough?

In FFXI, everything was clearly detailed, you had a tank, a healer and 3 DPS... you knew that a party setup like that was optimal for whatever you were going to go kill... You knew the popular camps to go to, and how you would get the best xp possible...

I'm not entirely sure how much of this was created by the Dev. Team....I joined FFXI in the US release, and just followed the path that others had laid before me while leveling... In WoW- I knew that certain dungeons would lead to other dungeons.. etc etc...

I think the lack of direction is true- however, I think it is something that inevitably will be created by the player base... It can be influenced obviously by the Dev. Team... but I don't think its neccessarily their responsibilty to do this... thats part of the fun of being at the cutting edge of a game!!
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#16 Nov 12 2010 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
*
228 posts
antshock30 wrote:
Pikko,

come on I don't take the side of XIV. You always do that. I want direction what to do.
I hate to use a 8year old game as ref but if I use wow you will lock the thread. In FF11
you knew where to go what to do grind for 5-10levels then party in the dunes,crawlers nest in between you would do your fame quest and side quest mean while crafting and just so much to do. What are we suppose to do now in XIV kill squirrels.I felt like there was always a purpose and direction to go in. right now we are all just doing something not to keep us bored is that what you want in your main mmo. I see you dont even play XIV or at least you still haven't changed your SIg like you said you were.

I have multiple ranks 21gld/10 mar/pug 10/10 conj/5 lancer/5 thm oh and 4 carp lol


There was no pre-existing direction from npc's telling you to go level in the Dunes, or Crawlers Nest, or Garlaige Citadel, or Quifim, or anywhere else. Those were all discovered by the community of players as being the "best" places to level at those level ranges, some due to convieniance (Quifim being level 20ish and next to Jueno which you went to at, well, 20ish. Dunes being where most people got their sub job at 18.) others through exploration, trial and error.

Given that the game had been out for just over a year by the time it hit in NA (I think, could be wrong) these places had become common knowledge - even the more obscure ones such as CN, GC or even Yutunga (places that, if other player's hadn't told you about, you'd of never thought to go for parties). XIV hasn't been out long enough for the community of players to A - find those places yet, or B - make them common knowledge, of course it's not helping that partying is so haphazard in this game with almost no organization to it (generally they make Dunes parties look like well oiled military exercises..) but eh.. that's a different topic.

Honestly I was hoping for a more wow-inspired level progression method instead of the XI-esque dependence on simply grinding. Leve's sorta help in that regard at first, but they are simply to short, usually to easy and far too few (not to mention generic). In a year, when people have figured things out, you will find a better guide of player-found camps for level progression like you did in XI I'd wager. But it's still just going to be grinding for grindings sake, if you're looking for something a little deeper then I have a feeling your going to be dissapointed.

Really, as far as purely leveling goes XI didn't have much "content" either. It was not a quest driven, story based, dungeon based system like WoW is where you always have things to do in game that guide you naturally along your level progression from one zone to the next. It was community driven, with players finding where the best places were to grind and what the best mobs to grind were. It's a much more open ended, sandbox style play which unfortunately can lead to a feeling of being somewhat directionless (particularly at this early stage of the game).
____________________________
Quote:
Pikko wrote:
Quote:
sideways wrote: (really Pikko?)

Oh go stuff that thread up your ***. Did you even READ that post?
[...]
I mean, excuuuuse me for trying to make people PLAY NICE.


^ Second best forum mod smack down *ever*.
#17 Nov 12 2010 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
66 posts
Want a set path ok.
1-10 Solo > at 10 story quest > 10-12 Solo > 12-18ish group up and kill crabs around LL > 18-23ish group up and kill crabs in CH > 23-33ish kill elfs.
The fun to me of FF games is not being spoon feed ever thing and exploring taking chances to learn how the system works. There is a group in my LS where we go out and try to find the new hot spot for our ranks to grind. My LS in FFXI went out of the norm on lvlen also and we set up PTs in Buburimu Peninsula or other mirrored zones that no one used.
#18 Nov 12 2010 at 1:53 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
MaverickBG wrote:
As true as that may be... there is stil an issue with perceived progress which I think the OP is getting at...

Just because I'm in a R30 zone, I have no idea what to level off of. Do I get a large group together? How many people do I need to have? If I have 10 people, do I need to exp off different mobs than if I have 7? Do I have too many healers? Not enough?

In FFXI, everything was clearly detailed, you had a tank, a healer and 3 DPS... you knew that a party setup like that was optimal for whatever you were going to go kill... You knew the popular camps to go to, and how you would get the best xp possible...


TBH you can usually get by with anything. If the SP isn't flowing try a different mob. Every area of a zone usually has at least 3 types of plentiful mobs that one could try skilling on. Parties are pretty flexible. I know there will be better combinations than others but you WILL be getting better SP than soloing regardless (as long as it isn't a die fest)

I am actually happy there isn't an ideal party set up that must be followed. Now instead of standing around waiting for the perfect party to be made we can just go out and bash stuff. Sorry but I just don't have three hours to wait for a party to get going anymore. I'm getting old. Four hours of decent SP is better than three hours of waiting for the perfect party set up and then 1 hour of amazing SP. Thank god that if there is a perfect combination no one has found it yet or we would all be standing around waiting for a party to start instead of getting SP.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#19 Nov 12 2010 at 1:55 PM Rating: Default
*
111 posts
Maverick,

exactly what i was trying to say thanks

#20 Nov 12 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
**
284 posts
And thats why Bozzz is probably having the fun that SE intended.

They hinted at it themselves with the comment of "for those not willing to invest the time and effort" to find blah blah blah.

I think the OP should have gotten the game Sep 2011 and would have been happier.

Everyone playing at this point are all early adopters. We all will be rewarded by seeing the night and day changes in store for the near future. We will have a deeper appreciation for the game than anyone else will that picks it up later on.
#21 Nov 12 2010 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
MaverickBG wrote:
As true as that may be... there is stil an issue with perceived progress which I think the OP is getting at...

Just because I'm in a R30 zone, I have no idea what to level off of. Do I get a large group together? How many people do I need to have? If I have 10 people, do I need to exp off different mobs than if I have 7? Do I have too many healers? Not enough?

In FFXI, everything was clearly detailed, you had a tank, a healer and 3 DPS... you knew that a party setup like that was optimal for whatever you were going to go kill... You knew the popular camps to go to, and how you would get the best xp possible...


TBH you can usually get by with anything. If the SP isn't flowing try a different mob. Every area of a zone usually has at least 3 types of plentiful mobs that one could try skilling on. Parties are pretty flexible. I know there will be better combinations than others but you WILL be getting better SP than soloing regardless (as long as it isn't a die fest)

I am actually happy there isn't an ideal party set up that must be followed. Now instead of standing around waiting for the perfect party to be made we can just go out and bash stuff. Sorry but I just don't have three hours to wait for a party to get going anymore. I'm getting old. Four hours of decent SP is better than three hours of waiting for the perfect party set up and then 1 hour of amazing SP. Thank god that if there is a perfect combination no one has found it yet or we would all be standing around waiting for a party to start instead of getting SP.



I agree 100%, and this game being out only for a few months, we the players/explorers of the game haven't figured everything out yet. There are preferred camps and mobs starting to pop up, examples efts at 25+ or crabs around level 16.

The direction from ffxi atleast for NA players is what we learned from strat guides, the internet, and the JP players who had been playing the game before we were.

This game is still very young in its development as an MMO, it will need 6-12 months for the player base to have a somewhat solid idea when it comes rank progression. Also let's not forget the level cap this is just the first aspect of this game, what will happen when the restriction is raised/removed.

Content is coming, gear is coming, nm's are coming, companies, guests, storyline . . . much of this by December, and some very closely right after.

Personally these things we as players at the moment have to be patient until these things come, once these patches are done then we the consumer can really be judge and jury. . .
#22 Nov 12 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Just so I can get you to stop beating the same old dead horse: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1733338

Get over it already, sheesh!

All I'm saying is, does having the end game content there for you when you are ready to use it in I dunno, 3 more months, matter that much to you? It has to be ready long before you're ready? I don't think endgame is all that big of an issue 2 months into launch. They probably have a gameplan, but I don't think it involves having content rot in misuse while everyone levels up to get there.
#23antshock30, Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 2:26 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Pikko,
#24 Nov 12 2010 at 5:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Can we just get someone to prescribe everyone some Zoloft or Prozac for the forums. Might lighten everyone up a bit.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#25 Nov 12 2010 at 7:11 PM Rating: Default
*
164 posts
I think the OP and a lot of other people want more content in the form of different levequests, and different grind mobs.

At R32, I find myself doing the same quests over and over again. And there are really only 3 or 4 camp spots at this level where I can grind.


#26 Nov 12 2010 at 7:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
If you don't think the game is fun right now, why are you playing it? Quit punching yourself in the eye, and then complaining about the pain.

Edit: come back when they add new content. You can wait, it's not like you will have to buy the game twice.

Edited, Nov 12th 2010 8:15pm by Teneleven
____________________________

#27 Nov 12 2010 at 8:00 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
antshock30 wrote:


IMO the real reason people are complaining is that there is no direction from the developers
in the game. So the players have picked up the slack of where they want to see the game go.


EXAMPLES: 1:ARGUMENTS ARMOR TO HIGH BEING WORN VS STAYING AT CURRENT LEVEL
2:CRAFTING VS NOT CRAFTING
3:END GAME VS NO END GAME
4:LACK OF CONTENT VS PEOPLE WHO SAY THE CONTENT IS FINE OR WILL BE HERE IN A YEAR

the list could go on and on


This is the biggest problem in the game. No direction from the developers.Players help fine tune what the dev team has produced,content,graphics,game play etc they don't tell the developers what should be in the game as the main attraction.Its utterly absurd that really know one has a clue what to do besides level and or craft. I have yet to see a path to take one way or the other. This is causing players to take the role of developer and everyone has there own opinion of which way the game should go. Its time for the Dev team to address this as well as fixing bugs that should of been out of the game as well. So we can start playing a game and not having a second job telling Wada what his developers should be doing.

I feel like SE is throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks. Yes they are fixing bugs and mechanics thats a whole diffrent argument. I am intrested in seeing a plan for the future of content. Its great to have a game that feels like a f16 jet but if that jet has no gps of where to go it will eventually crash and burn.

please don't post they will have content in a year like i have been seeing in other post.That makes me lmao that someone would wait that long for content.





You again huh.
#28 Nov 13 2010 at 1:45 PM Rating: Decent
**
315 posts
antshock30 wrote:


IMO the real reason people are complaining is that there is no direction from the developers
in the game. So the players have picked up the slack of where they want to see the game go.


I think this is your reason to complain. Thats how ffxi was. And I like it that way. Instead of the game pulling you along on a step by step quest leash they force you to think on what is your purpose. The better mmo in my opinion let players decide One part I hated in WoW is not deciding what i wanted to do. I had to learn the gamed by doing boring quests. And if I didn't i wasn't gonna really level up. Content is what you make of it. I find "grinding" mobs and leveling as content, (thinking ffxi) leveling was 90% of the game. Quests/ missions/end-game was the other 10%. ffxi nor ffxiv was gonna be like other mmo. Fast speed leveling and mostly end game. There is more to mmo then end game. Talking to friends, meeting new friends, and just having fun.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)