Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Square Enix stock holdings.. if you care (was forum=152) (waFollow

#1 Nov 12 2010 at 3:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
196 posts
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/charts/charts.asp?ticker=9684:JP

Ouch.. If you have any sort of investment in SE now.. jump the ship.. it will hurt now.. but it will hurt a lot less later..

The trend is real.. THe chart implies that FFXIV did indeed cause the massive decrease in SE's stock value.. Check 9/30 onward.. see the trend?

Edited, Nov 12th 2010 4:10pm by nick2412
____________________________
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding
#2 Nov 12 2010 at 3:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Looking at the 5 year they have been decreasing pretty steadily since that spike around 07-8. I don't think that XIV is the only reason, but it sure as **** didn't help the numbers.
#3 Nov 12 2010 at 3:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
Am I the only one who thinks this is a good opportinuty to buy? With FFXIII versus, FF agito and that deux ex coming up, there's nowhere to go to but up.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#4 Nov 12 2010 at 3:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
41 posts
SE was circling the drain long before FFXIV came along.

FXIV is SE's 6th bomb just this year (Kingdom Hearts, Supreme Commander 2, Kane and Lynch 2, Just Cause 2, FFXIII).
____________________________

Rift Signature
#5 Nov 12 2010 at 3:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
kornbred wrote:
SE was circling the drain long before FFXIV came along.

FXIV is SE's 6th bomb just this year (Kingdom Hearts, Supreme Commander 2, Kane and Lynch 2, Just Cause 2, FFXIII).


Too funny...FFXIII sold well over 5 million copies...I wouldn't exactly call that a bomb.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#6 Nov 12 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
Quote:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good opportinuty to buy? With FFXIII versus, FF agito and that deux ex coming up, there's nowhere to go to but up.


Probably. A lot of folks were expecting FFXIV to be that whallop upside the head that turned the MMO industry on its collective ear, but it didn't happen and it's going to be an uphill battle to rebuild.
#7 Nov 12 2010 at 4:10 PM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Final Fantasy created at a time when Square was going Bankrupt?

So, I guess it's par for the course with them. Always on the edge of oblivion... This time it's just with more assets.
#8 Nov 12 2010 at 4:22 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
534 posts
Jeesh...I come in with some facts about FFXIII sales and I get rated down. pathetic.

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/none/epic-win-final-fantasy-xiii-it-deserving-770965

A lot of bitter forum dwellers.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#9 Nov 12 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
nick2412 wrote:
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/charts/charts.asp?ticker=9684:JP

Ouch.. If you have any sort of investment in SE now.. jump the ship.. it will hurt now.. but it will hurt a lot less later..



This is terrible investment advice. Buy high, sell low? pffft. Actually those numbers make me want to buy SE stock. Buying on the down is how people make money - not by buying stocks high and selling them low.

Even if the company goes to the pits chances are it will get bought up by another company that wants its Intellectual Property. Given the power that franchises have versus the cost of developing new IP - I can't see the industry not absorbing SE if it goes down the tube.

Stocks go up and stocks go down - but if you've already sunk the money in it is a terrible idea to bail on a downtrend (unless you're still selling at a profit or you sell fast enough before the downtrend to keep most of your capital).

Anyone who has stuck with the stock this long might as well stay for the long haul.

Edited, Nov 12th 2010 2:35pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#10 Nov 12 2010 at 4:37 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
630 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
nick2412 wrote:
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/charts/charts.asp?ticker=9684:JP

Ouch.. If you have any sort of investment in SE now.. jump the ship.. it will hurt now.. but it will hurt a lot less later..



This is terrible investment advice. Buy high, sell low? pffft. Actually those numbers make me want to buy SE stock. Buying on the down is how people make money - not by buying stocks high and selling them low.

Even if the company goes to the pits chances are it will get bought up by another company that wants its Intellectual Property. Given the power that franchises have versus the cost of developing new IP - I can't see the industry not absorbing SE if it goes down the tube.

Stocks go up and stocks go down - but if you've already sunk the money in it is a terrible idea to bail on a downtrend (unless you're still selling at a profit or you sell fast enough before the downtrend to keep most of your capital).

Anyone who has stuck with the stock this long might as well stay for the long haul.

Edited, Nov 12th 2010 2:35pm by Olorinus


I threw some put options in around a month ago and now i'm rich biiiiattttccchhh
#11 Nov 12 2010 at 4:38 PM Rating: Good
*
137 posts
That is a pretty step drop. 19% lost in stock value.
#12 Nov 12 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
doubleax wrote:
That is a pretty step drop. 19% lost in stock value.


The five year trend is pretty revealing - it also shows that the big fall really happened in 2009 - since then the company has been trying to crawl out of the hole - but they never recovered even half their stock value between 2009 and now. So yeah, it is over the top to blame FFXIV - that is for sure.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#13 Nov 12 2010 at 4:58 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
That said it's relative strength index is at 26 right now - indicating there will probably be an uptick soon:

Quote:
Developed J. Welles Wilder, the Relative Strength Index (RSI) is a momentum oscillator that measures the speed and change of price movements. RSI oscillates between zero and 100. Traditionally, and according to Wilder, RSI is considered overbought when above 70 and oversold when below 30. Signals can also be generated by looking for divergences, failure swings and centerline crossovers. RSI can also be used to identify the general trend.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#14 Nov 12 2010 at 4:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
630 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
doubleax wrote:
That is a pretty step drop. 19% lost in stock value.


The five year trend is pretty revealing - it also shows that the big fall really happened in 2009 - since then the company has been trying to crawl out of the hole - but they never recovered even half their stock value between 2009 and now. So yeah, it is over the top to blame FFXIV - that is for sure.


This was also the time when SE started to put less effort into XI, right?
#15 Nov 12 2010 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
278 posts
burtonsnow wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
doubleax wrote:
That is a pretty step drop. 19% lost in stock value.


The five year trend is pretty revealing - it also shows that the big fall really happened in 2009 - since then the company has been trying to crawl out of the hole - but they never recovered even half their stock value between 2009 and now. So yeah, it is over the top to blame FFXIV - that is for sure.


This was also the time when SE started to put less effort into XI, right?


Yes because thats what stock holders care about XD. It is about the same time nearly every company in the world took a dive. No every company pulls out of it.
#16 Nov 12 2010 at 5:38 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Wloire wrote:
burtonsnow wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
doubleax wrote:
That is a pretty step drop. 19% lost in stock value.


The five year trend is pretty revealing - it also shows that the big fall really happened in 2009 - since then the company has been trying to crawl out of the hole - but they never recovered even half their stock value between 2009 and now. So yeah, it is over the top to blame FFXIV - that is for sure.


This was also the time when SE started to put less effort into XI, right?


Yes because thats what stock holders care about XD. It is about the same time nearly every company in the world took a dive. No every company pulls out of it.


economic downturn? wat?
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#17 Nov 12 2010 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
630 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
Wloire wrote:
burtonsnow wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
doubleax wrote:
That is a pretty step drop. 19% lost in stock value.


The five year trend is pretty revealing - it also shows that the big fall really happened in 2009 - since then the company has been trying to crawl out of the hole - but they never recovered even half their stock value between 2009 and now. So yeah, it is over the top to blame FFXIV - that is for sure.


This was also the time when SE started to put less effort into XI, right?


Yes because thats what stock holders care about XD. It is about the same time nearly every company in the world took a dive. No every company pulls out of it.


economic downturn? wat?


Hmm, yea. ok correct. blizzard hasn't recovered either in that sense.
#18 Nov 12 2010 at 5:48 PM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
Ever think that the stock started going down because SE decuded they would be the publisher for western games like Call of Duty for the Asian market... and that those types of games are a hard sell to them? Granted CoD4 was pimped by Famitsu... but we know how the whole Famitsu/Square relationship works. That all started in late 2008 I believe, which would have a slow trending effect over time.

To investors, a slowly leaking ship shouldn't take on more cargo... and SE is tkaing on more cargo at almost every port.

In some cases I think it has worked, Nier was one of my favorite RPGs this year but a risky port for SE to publish in the West. In some cases, as mentioned Supreme Commander 2 and Front Mission were um well SupCom2 is on Steam with expansion for under 10 bucks and FM will likely follow in a few weeks. Both of those I played to completion because of my history with the franchises, I had a decent time with them... just not release day admission price good time.

Personally I'd buy stock right now... With any luck it'd be like Ford stock and jump exceptionally high within a year of doom and gloom forecasting by "fans".
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#19 Nov 12 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
I live in argentina. Anybody knows how would I have to go in order to buy some of SE stocks?
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#20 Nov 12 2010 at 7:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
630 posts
you could probably buy through etrade or some other software like that.
#21 Nov 12 2010 at 7:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
32 posts
Queue final fantasy 7 remake and complete turn around.
#22 Nov 12 2010 at 8:01 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
nick2412 wrote:
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/charts/charts.asp?ticker=9684:JP

Ouch.. If you have any sort of investment in SE now.. jump the ship.. it will hurt now.. but it will hurt a lot less later..

The trend is real.. THe chart implies that FFXIV did indeed cause the massive decrease in SE's stock value.. Check 9/30 onward.. see the trend?

Edited, Nov 12th 2010 4:10pm by nick2412


You need economics class.
#23 Nov 12 2010 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
278 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
Wloire wrote:
burtonsnow wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
doubleax wrote:
That is a pretty step drop. 19% lost in stock value.


The five year trend is pretty revealing - it also shows that the big fall really happened in 2009 - since then the company has been trying to crawl out of the hole - but they never recovered even half their stock value between 2009 and now. So yeah, it is over the top to blame FFXIV - that is for sure.


This was also the time when SE started to put less effort into XI, right?


Yes because thats what stock holders care about XD. It is about the same time nearly every company in the world took a dive. No every company pulls out of it.

economic downturn? wat?


Yes most companies stock took a dive during the downturn. Which isnt necessarily indicative of the companies actual performance. Stocks arnt the best indicator of a companies performance up or down.
#24 Nov 12 2010 at 9:30 PM Rating: Default
**
608 posts
if it gets low enough im buying everything. all companys go throuh this one minute they may have made money next minute there broke. but in this case there gonna get a slow growth seeing how lots of money was involved.

stock market isnt doing good if you noticed its world wide, one country hurts its like a domino effect and others will follow. think of it as a AH where RMT under cut like crazy. its all about trade buying and selling goods.
#25 Nov 12 2010 at 9:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
137 posts
mitmystria wrote:
if it gets low enough im buying everything. all companys go throuh this one minute they may have made money next minute there broke. but in this case there gonna get a slow growth seeing how lots of money was involved.

stock market isnt doing good if you noticed its world wide, one country hurts its like a domino effect and others will follow. think of it as a AH where RMT under cut like crazy. its all about trade buying and selling goods.



You guys are mistaking video games with comodities and capital.

Think of SE like a big movie company or record labels. You continue to make crappy movies or music your going to lose investor and cash flow but sell product that people find entertaining and you'll do well even in a down economy. The entertainment industry usualy fair ok even in bad economic. That is unless you're delivering crappy entertainment value.
#26 Nov 12 2010 at 9:54 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Rule number 1. Rarely take the advice of those that use a product, and either say "buy" or "sell" your stock.

Rule number 2. Don't waste my time...

Rule number 3. Don't liquidate Square-Enix to 49% user owned and expect to have significant returns.
#27nick2412, Posted: Nov 13 2010 at 1:43 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Counter to one.. you fail to see sarcasm..
#28 Nov 13 2010 at 2:32 AM Rating: Decent
**
829 posts
defiantmac wrote:
Queue final fantasy 7 remake and complete turn around.


That's a tall order considering the current condition of SE. The company would need to make it a **** of a lot better than FFXIII to please the fans and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Anything less than what the fans expect and the whole thing would be a big mess for SE.

The company needs a shake up, a restructuring. Continuing on with the status quo is going to run the company into the ground. I hope FFXIII's mixed reviews and FFXIV's messy launch will cause the company to wake up and take steps to become more like the old Squaresoft of the 1990's.
____________________________
Tauu Aori
Lalafell
WHM
Sargatanas
#29 Nov 13 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Good
***
1,349 posts
nick2412 wrote:
Parsalyn wrote:
Rule number 1. Rarely take the advice of those that use a product, and either say "buy" or "sell" your stock.

Rule number 2. Don't waste my time...

Rule number 3. Don't liquidate Square-Enix to 49% user owned and expect to have significant returns.


Counter to one.. you fail to see sarcasm..
Counter two.. I care [sarcasm]
Counter three... Impressive.. should it be safe to say you pulled the magic number 49% out of your ***.. I mean you pulled rules out of your ***.. Wouldn't be that hard to add statistics to that list as well..

Your attempt to act like a boss and inflated sense of self importance does you no credit.. get lost please.


Ok sorry. This seems like kind of a subtle exchange here and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so bear with me, but on counter one: I am also failing to see the sarcasm.
And on rule three: I'm guessing the 49% means less than majority owned where stock owners aren't necessarily users?

I believe rule and counter #2 are self-explanatory. And I do NOT want to waste anyone's time, however...

Sorry, you both are confusing me.
____________________________
(f;,,;)f (/o.o)/
#30 Nov 13 2010 at 2:59 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
TauuOfSiren wrote:
defiantmac wrote:
Queue final fantasy 7 remake and complete turn around.


That's a tall order considering the current condition of SE. The company would need to make it a **** of a lot better than FFXIII to please the fans and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Anything less than what the fans expect and the whole thing would be a big mess for SE.

The company needs a shake up, a restructuring. Continuing on with the status quo is going to run the company into the ground. I hope FFXIII's mixed reviews and FFXIV's messy launch will cause the company to wake up and take steps to become more like the old Squaresoft of the 1990's.



Agreed.

SE should buy Mistwalker Studios, and let them have full creative control of the next FF, get rid of Wada, and see what happens. Also make the next FF exclusive to one console only, the PS3 perhaps, and make it more simple.

None of those things will happen though as 5 million sold of XIII just creates more incentive to ride that train til it falls off the rails.
#31 Nov 13 2010 at 4:43 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
doubleax wrote:
You guys are mistaking video games with comodities and capital.
Think of SE like a big movie company or record labels. You continue to make crappy movies or music your going to lose investor and cash flow but sell product that people find entertaining and you'll do well even in a down economy.


Except that SE does more things than make videogames. They are involved in Manga, Toys/Statues/Actionfigures, and more than likely tons of things I'm forgeting. Blizzard is sorta the same though I don't know how involved they are with the tangable items for their IPs.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#32 Nov 13 2010 at 7:17 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Kierk wrote:
TauuOfSiren wrote:
defiantmac wrote:
Queue final fantasy 7 remake and complete turn around.


That's a tall order considering the current condition of SE. The company would need to make it a **** of a lot better than FFXIII to please the fans and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Anything less than what the fans expect and the whole thing would be a big mess for SE.

The company needs a shake up, a restructuring. Continuing on with the status quo is going to run the company into the ground. I hope FFXIII's mixed reviews and FFXIV's messy launch will cause the company to wake up and take steps to become more like the old Squaresoft of the 1990's.



Agreed.

SE should buy Mistwalker Studios, and let them have full creative control of the next FF, get rid of Wada, and see what happens. Also make the next FF exclusive to one console only, the PS3 perhaps, and make it more simple.

None of those things will happen though as 5 million sold of XIII just creates more incentive to ride that train til it falls off the rails.


Won't happen.

The reason Hironobu Sakaguchi ( creator of Final Fantasy and now owner/developer of Mistwalker Studios, for those who don't know the story) left Squaresoft in the first place was the suits wanted more control over his franchise (Final Fantasy).

The only way I could forsee Sakaguchi coming back (and therefore Final Fantasy coming back in its glory) would be if he bought SE.
____________________________



#33 Nov 13 2010 at 7:25 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
The reason Hironobu Sakaguchi ( creator of Final Fantasy and now owner/developer of Mistwalker Studios, for those who don't know the story) left Squaresoft in the first place was the suits wanted more control over his franchise (Final Fantasy).


Good riddance. I hope the same will happen to Tanaka and "belts & zippers" Nomura.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#34 Nov 13 2010 at 8:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
270 posts
If i had stocks in SE right now is not the time to pull out because the money they will make from the game will come in March/april 2011 and onwards. I would actually be very tempted to buy into them right now. (This comes from someone who made 3x my worth during the recession)
____________________________
Refreshed ¦ Reborn
Shori Ohrensztein ¦ Ragnarok ¦ ACN
Reebie Baramnesra ¦ Midgardsomr ¦ MRD
#35 Nov 13 2010 at 10:21 AM Rating: Default
*
73 posts
I see some pple mention the success of ff13 because of 5 mill sales,
yeh , true it was a success but the game was ******* awful, it sold of hype alone.
Worst FF game I ever played.. I didnt like 9 much either but I could defienetly understand people liking 9, 13 however was absoloute garbage, I dont think it had a single redeeming feature.
It was like the retarded cousin of ff10 but more brainless and void of fun.
FF10 I did like tho...
anyway yeh SE just cant do much right atm
____________________________
BLM-75 NIN 75 WAR 70
Odin
#36 Nov 13 2010 at 10:29 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
278 posts
piglato wrote:
I see some pple mention the success of ff13 because of 5 mill sales,
yeh , true it was a success but the game was @#%^ing awful, it sold of hype alone.
Worst FF game I ever played.. I didnt like 9 much either but I could defienetly understand people liking 9, 13 however was absoloute garbage, I dont think it had a single redeeming feature.
It was like the retarded cousin of ff10 but more brainless and void of fun.
FF10 I did like tho...
anyway yeh SE just cant do much right atm


FF10 was pretty bad... I mean like forshadowing of the end bad. Like complete sh*t with no redeeming qualities except maybe Blitzball if they had given Blitzball a z-axis and more depth beyond spamming Jech Shot.

I thought FF12 had picked it up (minus the whole I didn't give a @#%^ about any of the characters except Basch and Balthier) but then we got FF13 and I now know the company is on cruise control.

Edited, Nov 13th 2010 11:29am by Wloire
#37 Nov 13 2010 at 11:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
513 posts
I would not be too thrilled to sell at this point because the 5-year chart reveals the current price to be near a support level. The RSI is also very low, suggesting an oversold status. On the other hand, I'm not too excited about any stock that's so reliant on the real economy thriving considering the "recovery" is largely a lie and there is a debt crisis behind the corner just waiting to crush the real value of equities (nominal value may survive thanks to currency devaluations).

In my opinion, precious metals and essential commodities like wheat are where you want to be right now.

Edited, Nov 13th 2010 12:24pm by Omena
____________________________
#38 Nov 13 2010 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Wloire wrote:

FF10 was pretty bad... I mean like forshadowing of the end bad. Like complete sh*t with no redeeming qualities except maybe Blitzball if they had given Blitzball a z-axis and more depth beyond spamming Jech Shot.



FF10 was far and away the best thing that Square has ever created. It had a thought provoking storyline that had a lot to say about the balance between duty and right to determine your own course in life, as well as the conflict between man's desire for progress and his need to live in harmony with the world. It had a flexible but still structured method for character advancement that provided some thing for the min maxers without forcing min max on any one. It had terrific voice acting and interesting characters (except for Rikku) and a rich world with an intriguing history that was both stated and implied. It had one of the most creepily awesome villains of all time. It had an awesome musical score. I could go on and on, but you get the point. FFX was amazing.

Aren't opinions fun?


Edited, Nov 13th 2010 12:38pm by KarlHungis
#39 Nov 13 2010 at 12:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Wloire wrote:

FF10 was pretty bad... I mean like forshadowing of the end bad. Like complete sh*t with no redeeming qualities except maybe Blitzball if they had given Blitzball a z-axis and more depth beyond spamming Jech Shot.



FF10 was far and away the best thing that Square has ever created. It had a thought provoking storyline that had a lot to say about the balance between duty and right to determine your own course in life, as well as the conflict between man's desire for progress and his need to live in harmony with the world. It had a flexible but still structured method for character advancement that provided some thing for the min maxers without forcing min max on any one. It had terrific voice acting and interesting characters (except for Rikku) and a rich world with an intriguing history that was both stated and implied. It had one of the most creepily awesome villains of all time. It had an awesome musical score. I could go on and on, but you get the point. FFX was amazing.

Aren't opinions fun?


Edited, Nov 13th 2010 12:38pm by KarlHungis


And was the last Final Fantasy under Sakaguchi's control.
____________________________



#40 Nov 13 2010 at 1:09 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
278 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Wloire wrote:

FF10 was pretty bad... I mean like forshadowing of the end bad. Like complete sh*t with no redeeming qualities except maybe Blitzball if they had given Blitzball a z-axis and more depth beyond spamming Jech Shot.



FF10 was far and away the best thing that Square has ever created. It had a thought provoking storyline that had a lot to say about the balance between duty and right to determine your own course in life, as well as the conflict between man's desire for progress and his need to live in harmony with the world. It had a flexible but still structured method for character advancement that provided some thing for the min maxers without forcing min max on any one. It had terrific voice acting and interesting characters (except for Rikku) and a rich world with an intriguing history that was both stated and implied. It had one of the most creepily awesome villains of all time. It had an awesome musical score. I could go on and on, but you get the point. FFX was amazing.

Aren't opinions fun?


Edited, Nov 13th 2010 12:38pm by KarlHungis


I was about to eat my words until I read "stunning" voice acting. You have just proven that opinions can be very wrong.
#41 Nov 13 2010 at 1:24 PM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
And was the last Final Fantasy under Sakaguchi's control.


No wonder it was such a "been there, done that" game. The man's a one trick pony.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#42 Nov 13 2010 at 1:34 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
Quote:

I was about to eat my words until I read "stunning" voice acting. You have just proven that opinions can be very wrong.


Where did you read the word "stunning" in my post?
#43 Nov 13 2010 at 1:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
And was the last Final Fantasy under Sakaguchi's control.


No wonder it was such a "been there, done that" game. The man's a one trick pony.


That man is responsible for EVERY Final Fantasy game from the very first to FFX. He is the man that saved a bankrupt Squaresoft and put them on the map as one of the great JRPG powerhouses. He is also the man responsible for Lost Odyssey when he formed Mistwalker Studios. Hsrdly a "one trick pony".
____________________________



#44 Nov 13 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
What's this doing in the OoT?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#45Wloire, Posted: Nov 13 2010 at 2:23 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Really? That's what you're going with? I mixed up my synonyms I apologize. "terrific".
#46 Nov 13 2010 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
I have no idea who moved this here, but it shouldn't have been. Apologies OOT.
#47 Nov 13 2010 at 5:16 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
I was about to eat my words until I read "stunning" voice acting. You have just proven that opinions can be very wrong.


What was wrong with the VA other than the HA HA HA scene?
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#48 Nov 13 2010 at 5:46 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
Wloire wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Quote:

I was about to eat my words until I read "stunning" voice acting. You have just proven that opinions can be very wrong.


Where did you read the word "stunning" in my post?


Really? That's what you're going with? I mixed up my synonyms I apologize. "terrific".


If you're going to try and troll me by picking on details, then you should get the details right, or take your medicine like a big boy when I return the favor.

P.S. - The correct word would be "adjectives," not "synonyms."
P.P.S.- Yes, the voice acting was mostly terrific. I found Yuna, Auron, Lulu, Jecht and Tidus to all be credibly voice acted. If you disagree that's fine, because only an insecure D-bag would go out of their way to try to tell some one else that their subjective opinion was wrong simply because they don't agree.

/ponder

Edited, Nov 13th 2010 6:48pm by KarlHungis
#49 Nov 13 2010 at 7:11 PM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,813 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
P.P.S.- Yes, the voice acting was mostly terrific. I found Yuna, Auron, Lulu, Jecht and Tidus to all be credibly voice acted. If you disagree that's fine, because only an insecure D-bag would go out of their way to try to tell some one else that their subjective opinion was wrong simply because they don't agree.

There are wrong opinions.
#50 Nov 13 2010 at 7:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
What was wrong with the VA other than the HA HA HA scene?


Haven't seen you in a while, Allegory. Been around?
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#51 Nov 13 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Default
Repressed Memories
******
20,813 posts
I post pretty much exclusively in the cross-site forums now, but I'm still fairly active. IRL, things have been going well. How have you been Kachi?
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)