Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Speed hack?Follow

#1 Nov 14 2010 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
117 posts
Last night I was walking from Camp Emerald Moss to Gridania and noticed a white dot on the mini map moving towards me much faster than I was moving towards it, if that makes sense. Granted I had a few rum n cokes, but I'm certain this guy was moving extremely fast. I stopped and tried to get his/ her name but he/she passed me way to fast. Think it was a hack or is there an item that can make people really fast?
#2 Nov 14 2010 at 8:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
If you have Prospect on you can move faster.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#3Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 8:16 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) there are definitely speed hacks. contrary to what the fanboys and girls say they'll sit here and state for a "fact" there are none cause they have convinced themselves otherwise
#4 Nov 14 2010 at 8:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Galkaholics, is it possible for you to provide information without being a jackass towards a group of people?
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#5Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 8:42 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) is it possible to just read my reply and move on without responding to it trying to coax me into a flame war
#6 Nov 14 2010 at 8:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
It could be that your style of post and general tone got you rated down more than the topic of said post. Just sayin'
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#7Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 8:51 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) well how am i supposed to respond when people tell me im wrong and i didnt really see what i saw with my own eyes ect
#8 Nov 14 2010 at 8:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I never said that. Presenting your reasons in a well thought out, logical, and ordered manner can go a long way rather than calling anyone who disagrees with you a fan boy.

Also, crapping on the "alla community" as a whole is not a good way to earn friends or respect. Do with that what you will.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 9:04 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) as an admin you should know better to take this discussion to PM's.... i did
#10 Nov 14 2010 at 9:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
as an admin you should know better to take this discussion to PM's.... i did


Actually, I did.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#11 Nov 14 2010 at 9:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
20 posts
To OP:

Some classes has abilities to run faster. For example Archer has an abilty that you get rank 22 called quickening?... something lol. Don't remember, but it lasts for about 10 seconds and has a cooldown of 3 min.

Also I know Botanist has a skill that makes them run faster to nodes. But I don't know the specifics of that.

I usually asume that if people run past me they got some kind of ability that can make them run at that speed. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but until I figured out all jobs abilities then I'll just asume as above. ^^
#12Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 9:12 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i mean i sent a PM to wint not you....
#13 Nov 14 2010 at 9:29 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
As someone who's playing with a pretty bad connection this is a common occurrence. People running around would occasionally stop for a few seconds, start running really fast for a short while and then slow down to normal.

I'm not denying that there's a speed hack, but it can be easy to confuse the two.

#14 Nov 14 2010 at 9:39 AM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
As others have mentioned, you can run faster via DoL abilities (Triangulate, Prospect, Dowse), Archer's Quickstride, and Hermes' Shoes. I don't doubt that some are using speed hacks, but just based on your description, it's impossible to tell if they were hacking or simply using an ability.
____________________________
Lodestone
#15 Nov 14 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Good
***
1,674 posts
Wolfeinstein wrote:
As someone who's playing with a pretty bad connection this is a common occurrence. People running around would occasionally stop for a few seconds, start running really fast for a short while and then slow down to normal.

I'm not denying that there's a speed hack, but it can be easy to confuse the two.



This. There are so many issues right now with server lag and stress that oftentimes you wind up seeing people stop, then pour on the speed.

And it has nothing to do with speed hacks or what have you, either. Basically, the game is compensating, because over on the other player's computer, that person never once stopped moving. So to ensure you see where they really are, they blast along at a much faster speed for a few moments.

It can get really insane when those lag spikes last a few seconds. I've seen people literally climb over whole cliffs in Gridania and re-appear in another spot of town, and I would never once say it was the result of hacks. It simply was, once again, issues concerned with receiving data from the servers.

Edit: Let me just add, in case anyone thinks of mentioning it. No, it's not my connection causing the issues. I can assure you that my connection is about as stable as can be when it comes to anything and everything else I am doing at the same time.

Edited, Nov 14th 2010 11:26am by ResidentLune
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI Character(s)
Name: Satisiun
Server: Carbuncle (RIP Gilgamesh)
Jobs: 99DRG, 99PLD, 99RDM, 99WHM | Everything else: 50-60
~Retired.~

Final Fantasy XIV Character(s)
Name: Satisiun Desain
Server(s): Sargantas (primary)
DoW/DoM/DoH/DoL: 50
#16 Nov 14 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Pikaren wrote:
Also I know Botanist has a skill that makes them run faster to nodes. But I don't know the specifics of that.

Miner and Fisher have that same ability.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#17 Nov 14 2010 at 10:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
86 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
there are definitely speed hacks. contrary to what the fanboys and girls say they'll sit here and state for a "fact" there are none cause they have convinced themselves otherwise

but yes there are speed hacks. teleport hacks. ect there illegal as **** and im sure some of the ones who do it have been banned. there's one particular speedhacker not only me but many ppl in my current ls acknowledge and reported but that miqo'te hasnt been online in abt 2 weeks so we think its either been banned or quit


One of my ls mates was accused of speed hacking precisely because he was always moving top speed.


Turns out he has a few macros to do just that.

He has hermes shoes.
He has Disciple of the Land classes ranked up
He has quickstride (archer rank 22'ish ability).
He has fleet of foot (lancer rank 20 trait).

He has his macros timed so that over long distances he will always have the 'quickened' effect active in some form or another.

as for teleport hacks.. dunno about that but there certainly is a possible, exploitable glitch in the system as there have been times that I've teleported myself to other cities and camps and had no anima taken away from me.
#18 Nov 14 2010 at 11:06 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Ect ect? I know it was supposed to be etc etc but the way it was spelled made me think of someone with a tick of some sort. Sort of like Gollum, only infinitely less entertaining.

Are there speed hacks in the game? Probably. There are also lag issues that cause all kinds of glitches and anomalies with movement speed for both players and mobs. I was out bombing around La Noscea around Camp Skull Valley last night and I could have sworn the dodos were speed hacking. They all had the same name and if I followed the speed hacking ones they almost always wound up in small groups where they'd just stand there looking around. I realized it's actually a new RMT ploy to use monsters for their gil farming since monsters can't be banned from the game so I killed them all but they respawned. Obviously SE is in on this or they wouldn't let the monsters respawn the way that they do. Clearly SE doesn't care about RMT or its legitimate players.
#19 Nov 14 2010 at 11:42 AM Rating: Decent
**
618 posts
Pikaren wrote:

Some classes has abilities to run faster. For example Archer has an abilty that you get rank 22 called quickening?... something lol. Don't remember, but it lasts for about 10 seconds and has a cooldown of 3 min.


The lv 22 archer ability is called Quickstride - rough estimate of duration is 30 seconds. Judge this after hitting the ability you go into active mode and use the ability. Just by looking at the cool down it's over around 2:28-29...
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#20 Nov 14 2010 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
SillyHawk wrote:
Pikaren wrote:

Some classes has abilities to run faster. For example Archer has an abilty that you get rank 22 called quickening?... something lol. Don't remember, but it lasts for about 10 seconds and has a cooldown of 3 min.


The lv 22 archer ability is called Quickstride - rough estimate of duration is 30 seconds. Judge this after hitting the ability you go into active mode and use the ability. Just by looking at the cool down it's over around 2:28-29...


Hermes's Shoes = 15 minutes of quickening.

Fleet of foot = Increases your movement speed by 20% while in active mode.

+ Lag
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#21 Nov 14 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Default
**
588 posts
If your going to claim there are speed hackers why dont you do some research and proove it post us the names of the botting programs and links to them? Oh wait i forgot youll get your account with ZAM banned for doing so..

To the administrators how well and thought out can a post be without being able to proove your point at this time its just a he said she said them wahm get downrated by a admin flame war.

Hacks do exist bots do exist. and SE if banning people so dont bother trying them out. Also it is very dangerous to seek out these programs as you can get trojans and lose your RL identity if your careless enough. Play safe Surfe Safe use a VM and scan regularly with GOOD antivirus software not jus teh stuff that is given to you free.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#22 Nov 14 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
I make no claim of hacks in this instance, but this is what I saw. I was running from Camp Bearded Rock to Camp Bloodshore. I had pretty much just started and I typically use my fishing class to get there abit quicker, til I hit the higher level zone that is. So I was running normally with the skill on cooldown. Some higher level passes me(I checked later) Skill comes off cooldown, I hit it and start running faster. But this person still easily keeps putting distance between us, soon vanishing beyond my view. I was able to check while I was close to her, she had no hermes shoes on, and as far as I could tell, no buffs increasing speed. AFAIK the gatherer speed boost shows as a buff.

So, I dunno.
____________________________
EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB
XFX HD5970 x 2 | Intel PRO/1000 NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2
#23 Nov 14 2010 at 1:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
117 posts
I guess it could be lag + a quickening of some sort. I'm really not sure. All I know is the person was moving so fast I couldn't even catch a name. I have prospect and it seemed much faster than that. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. I have a pretty stable connection speed and seem to hover around 40 fps in town and 60 out of town (raedonpro) so lag never really crossed my mind.
#24 Nov 14 2010 at 2:01 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
ispanolfw wrote:
I make no claim of hacks in this instance, but this is what I saw. I was running from Camp Bearded Rock to Camp Bloodshore. I had pretty much just started and I typically use my fishing class to get there abit quicker, til I hit the higher level zone that is. So I was running normally with the skill on cooldown. Some higher level passes me(I checked later) Skill comes off cooldown, I hit it and start running faster. But this person still easily keeps putting distance between us, soon vanishing beyond my view. I was able to check while I was close to her, she had no hermes shoes on, and as far as I could tell, no buffs increasing speed. AFAIK the gatherer speed boost shows as a buff.

So, I dunno.


arbol call, triangulate or whatever the one with speed is called?

Edited, Nov 14th 2010 3:02pm by MajidahSihaam
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#25 Nov 14 2010 at 2:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
The skill I was using was Dowse II, and when you get the speed boost, you get a buff. A Buff that others can see when you have it up. this person did not.
#26 Nov 14 2010 at 9:30 PM Rating: Excellent
cornyboob wrote:
To the administrators how well and thought out can a post be without being able to proove your point at this time its just a he said she said them wahm get downrated by a admin flame war.


Smiley: dubious
#27 Nov 14 2010 at 9:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
685 posts
cornyboob wrote:
If your going to claim there are speed hackers why dont you do some research and proove it post us the names of the botting programs and links to them? Oh wait i forgot youll get your account with ZAM banned for doing so..

To the administrators how well and thought out can a post be without being able to proove your point at this time its just a he said she said them wahm get downrated by a admin flame war.

Hacks do exist bots do exist. and SE if banning people so dont bother trying them out. Also it is very dangerous to seek out these programs as you can get trojans and lose your RL identity if your careless enough. Play safe Surfe Safe use a VM and scan regularly with GOOD antivirus software not jus teh stuff that is given to you free.


1. The OP did not claim speed hackers, merely asked if speed hackers existed to explain someone running very fast.
2. Your account never gets banned for providing evidence. Such a statement is a blanket statement that is just not true. Problem is there are people on ZAM who make claims, provide evidence, but their posts are poorly worded and can be insulting or holier-than-thou or rude. This generally provides the negative feedback that then happens.
3. Were you drunk? Some of your sentences don't even make sense. Why can't people read what they post before posting?
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#28 Nov 14 2010 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
I also have to agree... yesterday I saw an archer running at FAR more than 20% increase...
I barely managed to check for Hermes Shoes (he had none); his speed was at least 2-3 times
that of normal speed (rough guess). Of course, I *might* have been mistaken; but he was
****** fast. Close to breaking the warp barrier.
#29 Nov 14 2010 at 11:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
3. Were you drunk? Some of your sentences don't even make sense. Why can't people read what they post before posting?


Sadly proper grammar and spelling are not required to be on the internet Smiley: smile
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#30 Nov 14 2010 at 11:13 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Rinsui wrote:
I also have to agree... yesterday I saw an archer running at FAR more than 20% increase...
I barely managed to check for Hermes Shoes (he had none); his speed was at least 2-3 times
that of normal speed (rough guess). Of course, I *might* have been mistaken; but he was
****** fast. Close to breaking the warp barrier.


Archer's Quickstride ability is much faster than either Hermes' Shoes or any of the gathering jobs' abilities (i.e. Triangulate).
#31 Nov 15 2010 at 12:09 AM Rating: Good
*
109 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
cornyboob wrote:
To the administrators how well and thought out can a post be without being able to proove your point at this time its just a he said she said them wahm get downrated by a admin flame war.


Smiley: dubious


Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? I once really tried to been as far as decided as even used want to go look more like being, but difficulty in the being of the look so much like was a hurdle. I also love how this sleep eat out then, why for not this type?

Today's episode was brought to you by the letter "wat?"
____________________________

Kashius wrote:
Things WoW did not invent:
...
- Fun
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)