Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Notification of Free Trial Period EndingFollow

#102 Nov 16 2010 at 1:57 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Taemek wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Actually Taemek, I think you are kind of missing people's points. SE gave us a free month because they admitted that the game was not finished. In the last month they haven't improved the game (iirc, market wards change happened before the 22nd of Oct) in any form. Yes I realize those changes are coming, but I was also told during the Beta that the game would be so much improved for release, and it wasn't.

You see, when a company pulls the wool over its customers eyes, the customers tend to get upset and lose faith/trust in said company. It's basically the reverse of customer loyalty. So when they then tell us all these updates are coming, yet still do not release an ACTUAL date for them, and then expect us to once again pay for what they are promising us, it becomes difficult for people to be willing to shell out money. The "It's only 12 bucks!" is just so weak. Although 12 bucks isn't a lot, I've already dished out 80 bucks for the CE version (no I will not include the new computer I bought as it would be ridiculous to say that I ONLY use ffxiv on the computer, however I would have spent FAR less were it not for FFXIV). I payed for a completed game and what I got was a husk. So no, I won't give them my 12 bucks. You can rant about how I'm not a true fan all you want. If not dishing out money for false promises keeps me from being a fan... well, I guess I'm not a fan then.


I get the point, we all get the point. Your point has been made and heard and acted upon by the powers that be, your doing nothing but beating a dead horse, I don't think there is any horse left to be honest.


My point is a simple one you don't seem to be able to grasp. Your point was heard, they acted upon it and gave you an extra 30 days free while they worked on something. Just because they didn't officily give you the patche notes on the day of the outcry, doesn't mean it wasn't heard.


No, I got your point. You think anyone that doesn't stay apparently isn't a fan and that 12 bucks is worth it to stay. Personally, I think you're a @#%^ing moron, but that's just my opinion. Oh and fyi, I've probably played just as many or more FF games than you (I don't think I've missed one yet) and that has NOTHING to do with this game. I'm not a "fair-weather fan" or whatever ridiculous term you want to coin for it. I payed my 80 bucks for a finished game and that's not what I got. When they DO finish it I will come back, but I will not pay for a shell of a game. Why would I waste my money? It might only be 13 bucks a month, but that's 13 bucks I could be doing something else with and not be frustrated by an unfinished game.

Taemek wrote:

Now that your point has been heard and they are pushing to get it released, which has to go through a process and is starting to be implemented at the end of Nov and looking to follow through to March next year, you all seem to be getting cold feet for some reason I will never know and *irrationally* (used in its correct context) jumping ship with only like a week or so to go before they start releasing these patches that you all so desperately wanted. Does this kind of make any sense to you at all? Let's also not forget to add in that SE done something that no other gaming company in the history of MMORPG's that use a subscription base model has ever done, 60 days free at the start? huzzah....and let me tell you, i have played alot of MMO's that have had a release far worse then FFXIV thats for sure and still had to pay to continue, hoping for updates that never came. At least here they have acknowledged you.


Actually it makes perfect sense and once again you completely ignore the point that is literaly bashing you in the face. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. They gave us a free month because the game was unfinished. It is in the exact same condition, yet now they expect us to pay? It really amazes me that any sane person would do that. Yes it might only be a few days until the patch... but how do I know the patch isn't just 90% fluff? No, I'll wait until I see some concrete improvements rather than look like an idiot again if SE doesn't follow through on their promises.

Taemek wrote:
You did how ever prove my whole point in this post, customers. Exactly, as I said, fans tend to ride the boat until thrown out of it until they can't bare to hold on any longer or they are cut loose, customers tend to jump ship asap. Most of the people here claiming to be fans, are nothing more then customers. Contary to belief here, I understand all too well.


Actually, I didn't prove your point at all. Since I've been an FF fan since NES days in the 80 also, you actually went and proved MY point. I'm a FF fan, and over the last few years the boat has been slowly falling apart. SE has traded execution for shiny graphics and empty promises imo. I've noticed it in their last few releases, all of which have underwhelmed. However, I will still get FFXIII versus and probably other titles when they release, because I am a fan. I will come back to this game when the content is added, because I am still a fan. I won't however pay for a product that the company itself admits is lacking. That's just ridiculous.

Taemek wrote:

Is there light at the end of the preverbial tunnel? At the moment, it would seem there is, so why not see for yourself? Afterall, haven't you guys earned it after being heard by a company some would portray as not listening to their customer base?


Notice the word I bolded? It would SEEM there is. Do we actually know if there is? Not until they release the update. Instead of spending my money for a "wait and see" approach, I'll let over-zealous people like you do that. That way, if they don't implement the changes I can take that 13 bucks I saved and put it towards a game that won't be highly underwhelming.



Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:59am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#103Taemek, Posted: Nov 16 2010 at 2:03 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Didn't you say you haven't missed one yet?
#104 Nov 16 2010 at 2:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Getting awfully tired of threads degenerating into back and forth arguments between users...
#105 Nov 16 2010 at 2:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
Taemek wrote:


BartelX wrote:
However, I will still get FFXIII.....

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:59am by BartelX


Didn't you say you haven't missed one yet?


He said FFXIII Versus, which has not come out yet.
____________________________



#106 Nov 16 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Getting awfully tired of threads degenerating into back and forth arguments between users...


NO U!
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#107 Nov 16 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Taemek wrote:

BartelX wrote:
However, I will still get FFXIII.....


Didn't you say you haven't missed one yet?


Reading comprehension ftl... and what do ya know, free trial extended! Looks like SE tends to agree with a lot of us...


Edited, Nov 16th 2010 11:20am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#108 Nov 16 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Getting awfully tired of threads degenerating into back and forth arguments between users...


Isn't that basically what forums are for? People pick a side on issues and defend their point of view. I admit the name-calling went a bit far, but it was very late when I posted that and I had a very long day. Apologies.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#109 Nov 16 2010 at 3:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Getting awfully tired of threads degenerating into back and forth arguments between users...


I guess admins can't use /ignore? It's pretty nice. =D
____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#110 Nov 16 2010 at 3:32 PM Rating: Good
*
63 posts
Well, now that the free trial period has been extended again I reactivated my account. I probably won't even log on until the update comes out though. Either way I figure this is the last extension of the free trial period. I just hope SE delivers on these updates because I want this game to be even more fun for me than FFXI was.

I hope everyone has been using the feedback form SE gave to give as much constructive criticism as possible. I've already sent in 3 with complaints and suggestions on how to improve things, anything to help SE get this game up to par.
#111 Nov 18 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts


~I agree~ Also, even with the 2nd free trial extension, I really cannot find a reason to log in and reactivate my account. I will read what happens on Nov. 25th and make my final decision for the short term.

Edited, Nov 18th 2010 2:37pm by Parsalyn
1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)