Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Synthesis update in the coming months.Follow

#1 Nov 16 2010 at 5:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Quote:

Additions and Adjustments to Synthesis Recipes
Released Recipes: November, December

The following adjustments will be made in the November version update in order to balance the degree of difficulty for synthesis.
Reduction of rank requirement for several recipes
Changes to materials required for several recipes
Introduction of alternate recipes for several items
Adjustments to the effect of each synthesis action on durability and quality
Reduction in the number of crystals required for synthesis
Increase in the number of crystals obtained as rewards for local leves

These changes will be ongoing in the December version update as well, as we continue to focus on improving and balancing synthesis.

New Recipes: November, December

In addition to the balancing changes planned for existing recipes, we will also be introducing a number of new synthesis recipes.

Auto-Selection of Materials: December

To improve convenience while crafting, we will be adding a feature that allows players to select an item to synthesize from a list of previously used recipes. Doing so will automatically place the required materials into the appropriate slots.

As of the December update, these two synthesis histories, one for general synthesis and one for local leve synthesis, will each retain the eight most recent recipes made. The version update scheduled for this coming March will expand this feature to retain a player's entire synthesis history.

In addition to all of the above changes, the November version update will also see changes that allow for the stacking of certain items, as well as the removal of a Wear value for smallclothes.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=35d3978cde9998cedf8b4ef437d9c287d9dc44f5

Stuff we know prettymuch.
____________________________

#2 Nov 16 2010 at 5:57 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
The version update scheduled for this coming March


March 'tis.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#3 Nov 16 2010 at 6:11 AM Rating: Default
Sage
**
551 posts
Teneleven wrote:
The version update scheduled for this coming March will expand this feature to retain a player's entire synthesis history.


LOL

Their first version update of 2011 won't be until March? Oh, this is priceless.


http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=cb4dc09784bc24b4fde2e45de9f018ec5fb504d2

First 2011 Version Update

The addition of a reference list that contains all previously used recipes

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 7:19am by Zorvan
____________________________



#4 Nov 16 2010 at 6:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
186 posts
nvm


Edited, Nov 16th 2010 7:14am by LordAshal
#5 Nov 16 2010 at 6:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Glad they're removing wear from undies Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#6 Nov 16 2010 at 6:28 AM Rating: Good
Wint wrote:
Glad they're removing wear from undies Smiley: thumbsup


Aww, then how will we make people buy new underwear?! Nah, actually I'm sorta on the fence about this one. I mean, it didn't make sense really how our underwear gets damaged when you're fighting something unless you're a Miqo'te wearing a skirt/subligar and facing a Morbol~ Mmmm oh! Er, eheh... Sorry. Smiley: sly

But again, not too sure on this. Of course it will probably help other players who have their drawers at 1 point left and don't know how to repair it. Personally I just carry two sets w/me since Hempen fent is so easy to come by. For 2K you can get a whole new set of undergarments too so not a big deal really to me. Smiley: yippee
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#7 Nov 16 2010 at 6:31 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Auto-Selection of Materials: December

To improve convenience while crafting, we will be adding a feature that allows players to select an item to synthesize from a list of previously used recipes. Doing so will automatically place the required materials into the appropriate slots.

Wish they'd have done that from the beginning.
____________________________



#8 Nov 16 2010 at 6:39 AM Rating: Good
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Their first version update of 2011 won't be until March? Oh, this is priceless.


They have said more than a few times now that they'll have tri-monthly updates just like in XI. This Nov/Dec business is simply an exception.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#9 Nov 16 2010 at 6:39 AM Rating: Good
*
227 posts
Wint wrote:
Glad they're removing wear from undies Smiley: thumbsup


Oh HECK YEAH!!! So tired of having to get them repaired every day. It wouldn't be so bad if there were more than three Repair NPCs, but having to return to a City when out at the furthest Camp is annoying. I did consider getting a spare pair, but using up two slots of the Inventory didn't sit well with me.
____________________________
Remember: Some Times the Dragon Wins.



#10 Nov 16 2010 at 7:12 AM Rating: Good
***
3,801 posts
Wint wrote:
Glad they're removing wear from undies Smiley: thumbsup


A thousand times this. Perhaps the gear damage and heavy gear damage debuffs will actually mean "Hey you should repair something you're wearing right now" finally. It sucked how those were pretty much always the first to break.
____________________________
Bloodsail Admiral since 5/16/05
#11 Nov 16 2010 at 7:15 AM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
I noticed they are changing recipies and adding alternative new ones for existing items. I'm guessing this was done so that the crafting tree makes more sense and more low level gear gets crafted.

My point is, I think its a good moment to buy low priced high level gear to resell it later on for more.

Opinions?
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#12 Nov 16 2010 at 8:02 AM Rating: Default
**
437 posts
Ummm... is it just me or is one major thing missing from this patch... like... a change in success rates? Are they saying that the one frustration most crafters are going through-- the YOU FAIL LOLZ!!!!11!! over and over and over and over again is NOT being addressed?

I mean, if they lower the progress gain on standard synth, but made it so that it actually succeeded most of the time, I am perfectly happy with that, but they don't mention ANYTHING about the actual success rates for each action. That kind of worries me... perhaps I am being a pessimist... but if they don't SAY they're going to adjust it... that usually means they aren't....


edit: slight change in the 2nd para.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:05pm by shinichoco
____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
#13 Nov 16 2010 at 8:32 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
247 posts
shinichoco wrote:
Ummm... is it just me or is one major thing missing from this patch... like... a change in success rates? Are they saying that the one frustration most crafters are going through-- the YOU FAIL LOLZ!!!!11!! over and over and over and over again is NOT being addressed?

I mean, if they lower the progress gain on standard synth, but made it so that it actually succeeded most of the time, I am perfectly happy with that, but they don't mention ANYTHING about the actual success rates for each action. That kind of worries me... perhaps I am being a pessimist... but if they don't SAY they're going to adjust it... that usually means they aren't....


edit: slight change in the 2nd para.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:05pm by shinichoco


To me...

Quote:
Adjustments to the effect of each synthesis action on durability and quality.


Says that they will be adjusting something about the actual process. Changes to the Durability/Quality results of your actions could in fact be a direct change to failure rates. If they make it so that actions yield more quality and less durability loss, you'd succeed more often.

Point is - Wait and see. It could be good news.

-Kash
____________________________
I "BAM!" therefor I AM!
#14 Nov 16 2010 at 8:57 AM Rating: Default
**
588 posts
Yay underwear wont break after these updates ;)

I wish they had pushed a patch today tho I am really getting tired of nothing at least toss us some of the easy ones like item sorting and anima reduction.

How hard can it be or did they just start the coding today?

I am a programmer in many languages and none of these changes are hard and I would hope they are ntot so incompetant that they would cause fundamental game flaws adjusting simple text values of static variables.. So Dont even bother flaming this post.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#15 Nov 16 2010 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
Hopefully they will be changing some of the recipes for arrows.
#16 Nov 16 2010 at 9:20 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
cornyboob wrote:

I am a programmer in many languages and none of these changes are hard and I would hope they are ntot so incompetant that they would cause fundamental game flaws adjusting simple text values of static variables..


I'm willing to bet your programs don't have hundreds of thousands of users spread across all heavily populated time-zones playing at all times of the day. Bringing the game down and requiring a client update for each individual change and is FAR less efficient than bringing it down once and incorporating all the changes into one update.

cornyboob wrote:
So Dont even bother flaming this post.


But you're right, how can I argue with this wisdom!?
#17 Nov 16 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
cornyboob wrote:
Yay underwear wont break after these updates ;)

I wish they had pushed a patch today tho I am really getting tired of nothing at least toss us some of the easy ones like item sorting and anima reduction.

How hard can it be or did they just start the coding today?

I am a programmer in many languages and none of these changes are hard and I would hope they are ntot so incompetant that they would cause fundamental game flaws adjusting simple text values of static variables.. So Dont even bother flaming this post.


I'm a programmer in many languages, so does that mean I can flame? Oh right, I'm an admin too Smiley: blush

Carry on.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#18 Nov 16 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
shinichoco wrote:
Ummm... is it just me or is one major thing missing from this patch... like... a change in success rates? Are they saying that the one frustration most crafters are going through-- the YOU FAIL LOLZ!!!!11!! over and over and over and over again is NOT being addressed?

I mean, if they lower the progress gain on standard synth, but made it so that it actually succeeded most of the time, I am perfectly happy with that, but they don't mention ANYTHING about the actual success rates for each action. That kind of worries me... perhaps I am being a pessimist... but if they don't SAY they're going to adjust it... that usually means they aren't....


Succsess/failure are a function of durability lost vs. quality gain. If they're adjust progress and durability, that won't necessarily impact how many times you see "success!" or "fails!", but it can make crafting less frustrating.
#19 Nov 16 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Good
I'm on the fence about the underwear thing. On one side, it was a pain in the ***! (pun intended!)

On the other, I felt like I might need to go change my undies IRL after some of those on the line synths, I could imagine that causing some real wear and tear on your character in game!
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#20 Nov 16 2010 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
**
437 posts
Kashius wrote:


Says that they will be adjusting something about the actual process. Changes to the Durability/Quality results of your actions could in fact be a direct change to failure rates. If they make it so that actions yield more quality and less durability loss, you'd succeed more often.

Point is - Wait and see. It could be good news.

-Kash


I am trying to wait... well, I am waiting impatiently how about that?

Anyway, one thing I would like to mention as to why I am worried is this: Each action does something different for when it succeeds and fails. To me, the value of what an action does and the rate at which it succeeds are two very different things. You can have a HUGE string of fails and still pull through the synth. The problem is, it's REALLY frustrating when you are on an even level synth, or as close to it as we can guess at this point, and have white orb and other favorable synth conditions and you still fail 5 times in a row. It's even worse when you have the same ridiculous fail rate on an item 5 or more levels BELOW your current level.

I mean, right now if they arbitrarily decided that when you are on a synth at the optimal level, you will do 10% progress per success with standard synth and you will never suffer from loss of durability (on a success). At optimal level standard synth would succeed 90% of the time and most people would probably be pretty happy with that even though it would take them about as long as it does now with the fails to complete the synth. Bonuses for when you're higher level than the synth would make it more tolerable when you are mass producing for other production.

It may be nitpicking on my part, but SE DID say they wanted to restore player faith. It would be really nice if they could confirm that detail because if they make adjustments to how much you gain/lose/etc on a success or fail and don't address failure rates, they essentially haven't done anything and I'm sure a lot of crafting people like myself may decide not to give them another month.
____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
#21 Nov 16 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
My bra and panties will now LIVE FOREVER!!!! YAY!~
#22 Nov 16 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
shinichoco wrote:
Ummm... is it just me or is one major thing missing from this patch... like... a change in success rates? Are they saying that the one frustration most crafters are going through-- the YOU FAIL LOLZ!!!!11!! over and over and over and over again is NOT being addressed?

I mean, if they lower the progress gain on standard synth, but made it so that it actually succeeded most of the time, I am perfectly happy with that, but they don't mention ANYTHING about the actual success rates for each action. That kind of worries me... perhaps I am being a pessimist... but if they don't SAY they're going to adjust it... that usually means they aren't....


edit: slight change in the 2nd para.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:05pm by shinichoco


I don't fail much, even on recipes above my level. Maybe you just don't do it very well?

I mean we've all had some failures but... I mean that is okay by me. I want there to be some challenge. If you auto-succeed no matter what your skill level it take some of the fun out of it
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#23 Nov 16 2010 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,910 posts
What I really want to see out of the change to recipes is a consistent level requirement. Level 15 synth? Require mats attainable at 15 from mobs and parts craft-able at lv15 (or lower) from other crafters.

I understand what they may have been thinking, "how do we get higher level crafters to feed the lower tiers?" So they inject level 20, 30, 40 crafters into low level markets. But how do you manage price expectations? Higher level crafters expect to be paid accordingly for their protracted effort and the relative difficulty for finding materials. So, like undyed canvas was, parts will be cost prohibitive to new players/crafters. Enter RMT?

If presented with that question I would say that higher level crafters feed lower tiers with high quality goods. I would love to be able to craft a lv15 chest piece at level 15, not expect HQ, but have something I can reasonably gather materials for and craft to use/sell to my peers; at level 25 I then have the skill to start making HQ versions. High level crafters will ALWAYS have the ability to make lower level items, so there's no reason to expect that because a finished product doesn't have a higher level component means that there will be a shortage of lower level items later in the life of the game. Frankly the higher-level crafter has the ability to provide higher quality materials, or sell at a higher price because of relative lack of supply, expanding the market in that fashion.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:32pm by Krycis
____________________________
Ultros: Brinna Vahn
#24 Nov 16 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Excellent
*
115 posts
Krycis wrote:
What I really want to see out of the change to recipes is a consistent level requirement. Level 15 synth? Require mats attainable at 15 from mobs and parts craft-able at lv15 (or lower) from other crafters.

I understand what they may have been thinking, "how do we get higher level crafters to feed the lower tiers?" So they inject level 20, 30, 40 crafters into low level markets. But how do you manage price expectations? Higher level crafters expect to be paid accordingly for their protracted effort and the relative difficulty for finding materials. So, like undyed canvas was, parts will be cost prohibitive to new players/crafters. Enter RMT?

If presented with that question I would say that higher level crafters feed lower tiers with high quality goods. I would love to be able to craft a lv15 chest piece at level 15, not expect HQ, but have something I can reasonably gather materials for and craft to use/sell to my peers; at level 25 I then have the skill to start making HQ versions. High level crafters will ALWAYS have the ability to make lower level items, so there's no reason to expect that because a finished product doesn't have a higher level component means that there will be a shortage of lower level items later in the life of the game. Frankly the higher-level crafter has the ability to provide higher quality materials, or sell at a higher price because of relative lack of supply, expanding the market in that fashion.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:32pm by Krycis


I agree to an extent.

Supply and demand doesn’t work in a mysterious way. As long as a low lvl item continues to be needed, it will be continued to be made. This is how many crafters generally make money. Collect items through purchase or farming for a recipe under your lvl and then synth them to sell to other people who don’t have the skill to make those items. The higher and farther away from the synth’s lvl you are, the high chance you have of HQing that item. In the past high quality items have brought in a greater profit.

Why wouldn’t a high lvl crafter want to synth low lvl gear?

The only thing I don’t agree with is that sometimes we like a challenge and intermixing a few recipes that either requires items from high lvl crafters or drops from difficult to defeat mobs, etc. etc. can be interesting and spice things up; but that’s a small exception to the rule.

I believe most recipes should be accessible.



Edited, Nov 16th 2010 4:31pm by Joscerelle
____________________________
FFXIV (Joscerelle Faire) - Officer of Serenity LS - www.SerenityLS.com
Goldsmith23, Mining20, Archer16
I wear pink... that's what I do.

FFXI (Retired)
SMN75, BLM54, WHM40, BRD31, PLD25,
Cooking 100+2, Clothcraft 40
Sellius (MULE) Clothcraft 61, Leathercraft 20, Goldsmithing 12
#25 Nov 16 2010 at 5:46 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Joscerelle wrote:
Krycis wrote:
What I really want to see out of the change to recipes is a consistent level requirement. Level 15 synth? Require mats attainable at 15 from mobs and parts craft-able at lv15 (or lower) from other crafters.

I understand what they may have been thinking, "how do we get higher level crafters to feed the lower tiers?" So they inject level 20, 30, 40 crafters into low level markets. But how do you manage price expectations? Higher level crafters expect to be paid accordingly for their protracted effort and the relative difficulty for finding materials. So, like undyed canvas was, parts will be cost prohibitive to new players/crafters. Enter RMT?

If presented with that question I would say that higher level crafters feed lower tiers with high quality goods. I would love to be able to craft a lv15 chest piece at level 15, not expect HQ, but have something I can reasonably gather materials for and craft to use/sell to my peers; at level 25 I then have the skill to start making HQ versions. High level crafters will ALWAYS have the ability to make lower level items, so there's no reason to expect that because a finished product doesn't have a higher level component means that there will be a shortage of lower level items later in the life of the game. Frankly the higher-level crafter has the ability to provide higher quality materials, or sell at a higher price because of relative lack of supply, expanding the market in that fashion.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:32pm by Krycis


I agree to an extent.

Supply and demand doesn’t work in a mysterious way. As long as a low lvl item continues to be needed, it will be continued to be made. This is how many crafters generally make money. Collect items through purchase or farming for a recipe under your lvl and then synth them to sell to other people who don’t have the skill to make those items. The higher and farther away from the synth’s lvl you are, the high chance you have of HQing that item. In the past high quality items have brought in a greater profit.

Why wouldn’t a high lvl crafter want to synth low lvl gear?

The only thing I don’t agree with is that sometimes we like a challenge and intermixing a few recipes that either requires items from high lvl crafters or drops from difficult to defeat mobs, etc. etc. can be interesting and spice things up; but that’s a small exception to the rule.

I believe most recipes should be accessible.


I agree with both of you.... I do think it is just fine to have some items be harder to make (and correspondingly more expensive) than others but ... we need more commonly available items before that will be acceptable - since right now the gaps between gear sets are pretty ridiculous. The difference between hemp sarosel and cotton sarosel is like 10 ranks... so if you make cotton sarosel hard to make/get it gimps someone pretty hard (let's pretend sarosel is the best item for this char). If there were 5 different peices between those ranks with pretty comparable stats having one (with better stats) that uses high ranked or hard to find mats doesn't matter...

but yeah hedgemole needles??? That is broken. Forcing weavers to use bronze needle till iron needle is useful is broken. Pure and simple.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#26 Nov 17 2010 at 1:17 AM Rating: Good
**
437 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:

I don't fail much, even on recipes above my level. Maybe you just don't do it very well?

I mean we've all had some failures but... I mean that is okay by me. I want there to be some challenge. If you auto-succeed no matter what your skill level it take some of the fun out of it


I'm between 10-15 on all of my crafting trades at the moment. I have appropriate level gear, tools, etc. One synth I will get through fine, maybe a couple of actions will fail, the next I will fail on next to every action regardless of what color the cute little ball is. ****, I've used preserve and failed all three actions immediately after on a synth 5 levels below me. It's frustrating and not fun and I'm not the only one. Read the thread called "Ragecrafting" started by Pikko and you'll get what I'm talking about.

Skill level doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm not asking for auto success, and I apologize if it sounds like I am. Consistency and more based on what you do when you do it is what I am looking for here. Right now, I can't even use actions like Preserve, Tender Touch, etc. when I want because the game randomly decides when you get to use them. If the game feels like being a *******, you won't see them come up for 5-7 synths at a time when they can be used once a synth.
____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
#27 Nov 17 2010 at 1:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
One of the most important things they should add and don't seem to be adding is a better party search feature, like a flag up feature akin to how FFXI did it and make it work in unison with the recruit system them have in place now. No one seems to use the recruit system and it sucks tbh, why not let us search for players seeking in certain level ranges under certain classes????!!?!?!
____________________________
MUTED
#28 Nov 17 2010 at 2:14 AM Rating: Good
**
398 posts
Don't forget that as a low rank, you make shards the absolute fastest. Need an undyed canvas? Go to any weaver and offer him 10 marmots worth of earth shards. No doubt he'll give you one. ****, for the prices of shards now, he'll probably give you two.

RMT need not apply. Instead, people just need to be able to find the higher level crafters more. And socialize more.

But yeah. That hedgemole needle is pretty broken.
#29 Nov 17 2010 at 6:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Quote:
Reduction of rank requirement for several recipes


This has me worried the most, currently some of the mismatched recipes are actually the ONLY way to grind for higher rank crafting. Take Goldsmith and Alchemist for example, you will be doing Silver Needle (which is a r32 item) or Lanolin (which is used in like r15 Vintage making Synths) from late 30s to r50 cap. If they are going to reduce those to match the level of the items for example, then how are Goldsmith and Alchemist going to grind to r50? The other "alternatives" are not possible at all, because they require bazillion of different type of material and synth to prepare for the grinding synth itself.
____________________________




This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)