While I too am jumping for joy that there seems to be alot of <3 going on and less </3, let me shed some light on why this could also be bad.
People are always going to complain, it's in humanities nature to complain when they don't get their own way or what they want, however, let's look at how this might effect the game in the not say far future.
1. I see alot of people Rank 30+ regardless of wether they are DoM, DoW, DoL or DoH. I haven't seen any mention of end game content or above average level content for these Disciplines. I would say that above average level at this point in the game would be around Rank 20. The next compliant I see is lack of content after people spend another free month ranking even further up then they already have after they find out that the first patch installment will not cater to them, maybe Decembers?.
2. UI changes to clicking required to scroll through menus I see only applying to crafting mostly, so all the clicking that people hate doing atm will still exist in regards to the main menus and having access to inventories and swapping/changing out gear for those who are too lazy to make macros.
3. They are increasing the speed it takes to get to Rank 20 coupled with the ability to gain SP points, doesn't this kind of increase the speed to get to Rank by 200%? Reducing the amount required to get too Rank 20 and increasing SP gains all round.....
4. Quests and Leve's will be adjusted. Define adjusted? It would seem alot of people hate the current Leve system except the Asian's for the most part (and myself with a small minority in the western market also liking it). I read the patch notes as they will ethier do one of two things:
4a. Increase the amount of Leve's one can recieve in the 36 hour cool down period.
4b. Reduce the cool down timer on Leve resets too 18 hours.
This is going to also accelerate peoples leveling curve and only get people into the part of the game, with no cotent, see point number 1.
5. New quests and Leve's added. Quests as in run here kill 10 beetles that do not corelate with Leve's, yes we all agree there needs to be more of those. Leve's however, I see no point in adding new ones, you can only obtain so many every so many hours, so whats the point? Maybe new big boss nasty Leve's? If so awesome, group and raid based content for Linkshells to do, but wait, no solo boss nasties for solo gamers?......You see where I am going with this....
6. All the people who are a high rank now and only progressing every day will only be left out of majority of the content added by the first patch I feel and in doing so, will be forced to reroll a different discipline to experience said content. We all know how much people just hate repairing that high rank gear now don't we....let's also not forget that people will complain having to spend more Gil to repair more items now due to being left out and not getting any content added for them in the patch at thier current rank...
7. WTF!!! I have to buy more retainers????? WTF SE, you SUCK!!! I want me a bag that is a TARDUS!!!!
I could go on but I won't, my point here is that there is still plenty of complaining to follow all this complaining about the current state of the game. They aren't going to make everyone happy, no matter if they even had 20 years to make the game. The state of complaining will just shift. I don't think the game will truely have the content that people are expecting until around March and we all know why.
Show me one game where someone isn't complaining about it in some aspect or another.
Edited, Nov 16th 2010 4:41pm by Taemek