Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

What type of content would you like to see?Follow

#1 Nov 16 2010 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
164 posts
Personally, i'm all about minigames and personal development (i know its an mmo :P lol)

I'd like to a Golden Saucer type area (gambling, racing, rides, etc.). possibly with gambler class.

i like the voyage type feel. like when ya went to kazham and didn't come back. had to venture out to some area with one town and 'rough' it for a while lol. i would love to see some areas like that. expeditions and what not.

if company ships needed quests to get certain locations for expeditions would be fun.
____________________________


#2 Nov 16 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
278 posts
A storyline past rank 15. I'm sure this whole "I saw a meteor shower and now I'm a chosen one" story is great, except so far it's really not. I want to know about the sea serpent from Limsa. I want to experience the inevitable pirate civil war after the Admiral was murdered. I want to know why the sharlayans are ******* about. I want to know what going on with the Garlean Empire.

I want more than 11 quests 1-50.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 10:51am by Wloire
#3 Nov 16 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Excellent
A market system. :P

I'm really sorry for bringing it up again, but I really, really, want to enjoy a complex economic system. EVE had such a system and it was really cool, I just couldn't get in to the always in space thing and a few other things I didn't enjoy, but I thought that complex, rely on each other, market system was really nifty. And, that's what FFXIV will have, if they have a central market system! I feel it will be that good, and this one system is that important to the whole thing. It's a Ferrari but they didn't stick the spark plugs in!
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#4 Nov 16 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
534 posts
Gear quests...and more gear quests. Nothing better than working to get a good set of gear that when you are done you actually feel like you accomplished something.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#5 Nov 16 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
*
178 posts
I would love to see class specific gear introduced sometime in the future. And not just a recolored version of something that is already out there.

For now, opening ishgard and continuing the main storyline would be something to look forward towards.
#6 Nov 16 2010 at 10:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
i haven't really even seen any beastmen really. i know i have seen them in the beast lists. i think the small little war, even in the beginning of ffxi, was helpful in giving some general quests early on

edit: it will also be nice when they open those subtowns and give them some quests XD

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 11:12am by TempLoop
____________________________


#7 Nov 16 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Let's see, what do I want:

1. More variation in leve-quests. Can we possibly get something other than "Kill xxx"?

2. More storyline quests. The story is interesting, but since I get to do ONE quest about every month or so (i'm not leveling all that fast), I've already forgotten most of it. How about letting us do ALL the city storylines? How about adding in storylines for all the other mini-areas in the game like "Golden Bazaar", etc...

3. NM's. Love em or hate em, NM's helped make ffxi what it was. I want them in ffxiv. I know they are coming in december though so that's already planned for.

4. Ishguard quests!

5. COMBINATION LEVES. This is something I think would be an awesome addition to the game. Since we are supposed to be using multiple jobs, why not have leves that require using multiple jobs? Perhaps a quest that starts out with you needing to gather ingredients from certain mobs, and then you use those ingredients to make a weapon for someone, and then you have to escort that person somewhere... or something like that. I just think it would be a really cool idea to actually NEED to swap jobs on the fly during a leve in order to be successful.

6. Company/LS quests and missions. I want to be able to work with my LS to make us a better group. I think it would be awesome if companies introduced a tier system. You start as a small company and are required to work your way up by doing group quests, crafting certain items, perhaps even some promotional style quests where you have to invite a certain number of people to your group or something to advance. Added into this, I want to see questlines to build company ships and company housing. I don't want to just have to waste a lot of gil to get these things, I want there to be some progression towards them.

7. Give us our NPCs! I want to use my NPC for more than just ONE story quest. I want to bring her out into the field and duo like I did in ffxi. I LOVED having an NPC there, and I think it would be an awesome addition. They could even include the SP bonus for being in a party with your NPC to encourage players to use them.

That's all I can think of for now.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#8 Nov 16 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Yeah AF. I really want a THF class, picking locks was very cool for AF. I also would like a NIN class, I think I heard about an Assassin type class found in the DAT mining.

Also a "far east" expansion would be cool.

Right now though I'm just waiting to see how the 'fixes' are going to turn out first. I'm sure once the big problems are tackled that more and more content will come.
#9 Nov 16 2010 at 10:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
A market system. :P

I'm really sorry for bringing it up again, but I really, really, want to enjoy a complex economic system. EVE had such a system and it was really cool, I just couldn't get in to the always in space thing and a few other things I didn't enjoy, but I thought that complex, rely on each other, market system was really nifty. And, that's what FFXIV will have, if they have a central market system! I feel it will be that good, and this one system is that important to the whole thing. It's a Ferrari but they didn't stick the spark plugs in!


from looking at their updates, it really doesn't look like they plan to have an ah. will be interesting to see how this develops. i think the companies might put an interesting spin as well.
____________________________


#10 Nov 16 2010 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Something I always bring up is Campaign & Besieged from XI. When I first heard of Behests I thought they would be kinda similar, but the fun factor on those is much lower than I hoped.

They mentioned adding something like "hamlet invasions" and also improving Behest so maybe that's what I'm looking for. I'll have to see how that turns out. Other than that, more content that allows me to skillup and do something different would be greatly appreciated. More than just the same grind parties. I'd like multiple options of accomplishing my goals of skilling up. Even if it means less SP/hr than a party, I'll be happy to do it once in a while if it's fun and gives me a change of pace.(But the SP can't be horrible either = D)

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 12:59pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#11 Nov 16 2010 at 12:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,089 posts
BCNMs.

Always loved these fights.

Maybe later leves or later faction leves will feel like this but I haven't seen them yet.
#12 Nov 16 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Excellent
**
568 posts
NPC-quests!

Whatever that doesn't include me talking to a levitating rock and fleshes out the world of Eorzea.

Quests that support the main storyline and give more details about the characters and locations.

Maybe even questlines that need to be completed in certain order. (Anyone remember Onion Knights in XI?)

I might be pushing it and by this I don't mean repeatable quests: completed quests could award fame.
#13 Nov 16 2010 at 12:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
By far the most important thing to me is the combat. Combat is kind of what you do in an MMO.

If they can't make the combat more interesting, I don't think anything else they do will make me want to play this game. I'd like to see some of those strategic battles they talked so much about. Right now all I see is 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 and a little positioning. There's no real single player strategy, definitely no real teamwork elements, and no real balance to the existing abilities. There's no point to being able to equip 10 abilities at once, let alone 20.

I'm eager to see what changes they have in mind, but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#14 Nov 16 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
5. COMBINATION LEVES. This is something I think would be an awesome addition to the game. Since we are supposed to be using multiple jobs, why not have leves that require using multiple jobs? Perhaps a quest that starts out with you needing to gather ingredients from certain mobs, and then you use those ingredients to make a weapon for someone, and then you have to escort that person somewhere... or something like that. I just think it would be a really cool idea to actually NEED to swap jobs on the fly during a leve in order to be successful.

6. Company/LS quests and missions. I want to be able to work with my LS to make us a better group. I think it would be awesome if companies introduced a tier system. You start as a small company and are required to work your way up by doing group quests, crafting certain items, perhaps even some promotional style quests where you have to invite a certain number of people to your group or something to advance. Added into this, I want to see questlines to build company ships and company housing. I don't want to just have to waste a lot of gil to get these things, I want there to be some progression towards them.


I like, really, really like both of these ideas. SE please take note. Along with class specific gear (like AF gear in XI) I would like to see class specific NM's similar to the way monk needed to go around collecting items for their black belt in XI. And for my last item, give us furniture to craft, rooms to furnish, and please add "wear" to the beds, since thats where the magic happens.

____________________________


#15 Nov 16 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I too would like to be able to do the other nation's storyline quests. Maybe have it as a delayed requirement if it's not your homeland.

Ie: Homeland quests come at Rank 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 etc

Other nations can come in at Rank 13, 18, 23, 28 and so on.

For example: To start the Limsa storyline, you talk to an NPC at the ferry docks in order to board the ship in the initial cutscene. To start the Ul'dah storyline, you talk to someone on a caravan deep in Thanalan. To start the Gridania storyline, you talk to an NPC in the Black Shroud that says he witnessed two fallen NPCs somewhere. It'd be easy to implement it and still be clever for the people of other nations.

That would be my personal suggestion anyway, gives the feeling that there's always something to do somewhere.

The addition of NMs and other quests that breathes life into the game would help too, but they announced that already.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 10:35am by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#16 Nov 16 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Something I always bring up is Campaign & Besieged from XI. When I first heard of Behests I thought they would be kinda similar, but the fun factor on those is much lower than I hoped.

They mentioned adding something like "hamlet invasions" and also improving Behest so maybe that's what I'm looking for. I'll have to see how that turns out. Other than that, more content that allows me to skillup and do something different would be greatly appreciated. More than just the same grind parties. I'd like multiple options of accomplishing my goals of skilling up. Even if it means less SP/hr than a party, I'll be happy to do it once in a while if it's fun and gives me a change of pace.(But the SP can't be horrible either = D)

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 12:59pm by TwistedOwl



I'll put in another vote for a Campaign/Besieged system.

I absolutely loved Campaign to death in XI, to the point where I replaced normal exp parties with it. I think what I liked about it was that it gave me a bit more of a purpose (storyline wise) to fight. Going and out grinding enemies was all well and good, but it didn't have a purpose outside of gaining exp. In Campaign, even though I was still technically still grinding, it gave a bit more of a purpose with fighting battles against the beastmen armies. I think that's really what I'm looking for in this game, more of a sense of purpose.

Another aspect I liked about it was that I could play it on my own time. I didn't need to gather up a group, I could just head out to any area with a battle going on and jump right in with whoever was around and trash some beastmen. I was very sad though to see Campaign die on my server once the Abyssea expansions came out. Having 100+ players in Beaucidine Glacier [S] all fighting together is something I greatly miss.
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#17 Nov 16 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
531 posts
I would like to see/can't wait to see:

1. More side quests with more of an actual story attached.
2. NM's (I know they are coming in the future updates).
3. More party-encouraged gameplay with the solo element still available and working.
4. Events that are able to be done by all levels (Things such as garrison, bcnms, etc.).
5. More areas that are interesting to explore.
____________________________






#18 Nov 16 2010 at 5:00 PM Rating: Decent
*
71 posts
Chocobos and access to the FFIV version of Jeuno. In 11, Jeuno served as a hub for server activity, and united players from all nations to create a much better sense of community. Without a "Jueno", the game feels a little hectic or incomplete community wise. Having it would tie the community together in a way that I feel we are lacking currently. Chocobos would open up exploration, and access to parts of the map that were previously inaccessible. I would also like to see chocobo breeding brought back, but earlier this time, so it has a chance to become part of the central experience rather then something that was just added as a shiny toy.
____________________________
Death by Asuran Fists.
#19 Nov 16 2010 at 5:38 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I would love to have chocobo raising!
-side quests (like star onion brigade quests)
-MORE DOM please!! I wouldn't mind having to do quests to unlock new jobs either
-An in-game collectable card game. It would be super cool if cards could be de-synthed to make items as well. It would also be really neat if you got an appropriate card for defeating an NM. These would need to be in a separate tab on the item list - or make it so they just take up one inventory space "deck of cards" - then you click it to open it up. Having cards be craftable (each craft gets a card only they can craft at each tier) would also be cool
-something like garrison would be great
-more areas to explore
-notorious monsters
- more equipment please (and not just different colors of the same 8 outfits)
- MP refresh potions
-gardening!

____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#20 Nov 24 2010 at 1:46 AM Rating: Good
**
568 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
I would love to have chocobo raising!
-side quests (like star onion brigade quests)
-MORE DOM please!! I wouldn't mind having to do quests to unlock new jobs either
-An in-game collectable card game. It would be super cool if cards could be de-synthed to make items as well. It would also be really neat if you got an appropriate card for defeating an NM. These would need to be in a separate tab on the item list - or make it so they just take up one inventory space "deck of cards" - then you click it to open it up. Having cards be craftable (each craft gets a card only they can craft at each tier) would also be cool
-something like garrison would be great
-more areas to explore
-notorious monsters
- more equipment please (and not just different colors of the same 8 outfits)
- MP refresh potions
-gardening!




Wow all of the above!

A triple-triad would be really cool! (unless they're still making considerable amounts of money with that IX pay to play-thing)
#21 Nov 24 2010 at 5:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
225 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
A market system. :P

I'm really sorry for bringing it up again, but I really, really, want to enjoy a complex economic system. EVE had such a system and it was really cool, I just couldn't get in to the always in space thing and a few other things I didn't enjoy, but I thought that complex, rely on each other, market system was really nifty. And, that's what FFXIV will have, if they have a central market system! I feel it will be that good, and this one system is that important to the whole thing. It's a Ferrari but they didn't stick the spark plugs in!


SE said they weren't implementing an AH until the game was ready for it. I got a couple of hunches how they are going to do it. Each company will have it's own AH or those little tiny towns located in each of the zones, will be the AHs. (They all resemble an AH.) I think they want to keep AHs out of the major cities because of the amount of lag it will create. Not having an AH is too inconvieniant, game breaking for some players, if they really listening to the players this time, I expect we will be getting an AH.

Salvage was a very fun instance. I would love to see something like that again.


Edited, Nov 24th 2010 6:47am by Spyrit178
____________________________


#22 Nov 24 2010 at 8:38 AM Rating: Decent
*
110 posts
- Type of PVP: Ballista or Duel system.
- Type of Tournament: Monster Arena.
- Type of Collisieum: Pankration or pokemon from FFXI.
- Type of Dynamis.
- Type of Besiged: Behest is boring, would be fun if monsters come to you.
- Type of Chocobo related activities: Chocobo Racing, Chocobo digging etc.


Edited, Nov 24th 2010 9:38am by Truesynapse
____________________________


#23 Nov 24 2010 at 9:21 AM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
MORE AND MORE GUILDLEVES PLEASE. j/k

I like most suggestions thus far. Sometimes small content (like gardening) makes the game fun. Easy to implement and just sort of an extra thing. With that said, it should be tertiary in their list of content to add after more main story/class quests, then end game/mid game bonus stuff to do. Here's hoping Hamlet will be fun.
#24 Nov 24 2010 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
*
51 posts
I wish people would stop ******** about an AH. I -hated- the auction house system.
You're just too lazy to look. You want a 1 stop shop for every single thing in the game, and that is -COMPLETELY- unrealistic.

There is -NOTHING- inherently wrong with the ward system.
Go ahead and tell me 'but I can't ever find anything but cotton bolls and lumber in the battlecraft ward!"
I'll tell you to hunt down whoever is doing that and slap them across the face for making your life more difficult.
It isn't the system's fault because players are too damned lazy to put **** where it belongs. Its the PLAYERS fault.

The only difficulty is not having a way to easily locate things, which is BEING ADDRESSED!


I couldn't walk from one end of Jeuno to the other without lagging like ****.

Sure, populations are low now, but what happens when things pick up? I personally like having all the vendors tucked away in a nice little corner of the world that doesn't lag me to **** when I'm trying to do something as simple as walk through town.


Can anyone please tell me what was so great about having an auction house?
Was it the constant undercutting?
Was it the RMT's knowing precisely how to price gouge? (Via the price trending)
Was it the lag fest smack in the middle of town?


Serious question, what was so great about the AH that cant be easily done in an organized ward system?
____________________________
FFXIV: Taiga Halak, Fabul

FFXI: Talina, Valefor (retired)
#25 Nov 24 2010 at 10:28 AM Rating: Good
*
106 posts
Personalization!

I want to feel a more personal atmosphere.
-Like previously mentioned, I'd like quests to come from NPC's, so I can get the feeling that I'm actually helping somebody in need.
-Mog House/Home. I want to be able to walk in my door after a long day of grinding, sit down on the couch that I made with Carpentry, and relax, feeling the privacy of my home.
-Being able to have cabinets, pots, I.E. storage space in my home, was another wonderful aspect of FFXI.
I had so many characters with homes full of pots, just trying to grow crystals. Truly was a blast.

Edited, Nov 24th 2010 11:34am by ThinkDeeply
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)