Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

FFXIV crashing network cardsFollow

#1 Nov 16 2010 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
**
588 posts
Anyone else havig this happen i jus tturned on my pc was in game for 5 minutes and bam the game overloaded my network card again for the Umpty hundredth time. This only hapens when playing FFXIV and never under any other circumstance.

Im using Win7 64 bit and it just pops up server error and then I get booted from vent and see a Unable to detect Gateway icon in system tray.

REsetting nic or router one of either fixes the problem i always jus tdo the software disable/enable option because its easier.

This cant just be happening to me.

I am using a ASUS M$A785-M Motherboard. With the latest network card drivers it happens with 4 different versions of the drivers so Its unfixable by me. About all thats left is to buy a USB nic adapter or a PCI-X Nic card.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#2 Nov 16 2010 at 10:48 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,151 posts
I haven't run into this issue before. What all are you running besides FFXIV? Try tunning nothing but FFXIV and see what happens. Be sure to suspend all of the automatic update crap you may have on your computer.
#3 Nov 16 2010 at 11:09 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Didn't have any issues on my Asus Striker II Extreme with the game, and I don't have any problems with my EVGA FTW3. I believe they both use the same Network Controller, but I could be wrong.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#4 Nov 16 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Thats an odd break, ive never experienced this sort of hardware problem. I would call asus support and see if they can trouble shoot the problem. I would also suggest having a closer look at the router ur using sometimes when they are failing it mucks with the wifi settings. I am assuming you are not playing hardwired.

Also i would suggest trying to play being hardwired, see what that does.
#5 Nov 16 2010 at 11:39 AM Rating: Default
***
3,825 posts
Speeral wrote:
Also i would suggest trying to play being hardwired, see what that does.


That MoBo (and most others) don't come with wireless networking hardwired. It's usually a NIC chip
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#6 Nov 16 2010 at 12:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
cornyboob wrote:
Anyone else havig this happen i jus tturned on my pc was in game for 5 minutes and bam the game overloaded my network card again for the Umpty hundredth time. This only hapens when playing FFXIV and never under any other circumstance.

Im using Win7 64 bit and it just pops up server error and then I get booted from vent and see a Unable to detect Gateway icon in system tray.

REsetting nic or router one of either fixes the problem i always jus tdo the software disable/enable option because its easier.

This cant just be happening to me.

I am using a ASUS M$A785-M Motherboard. With the latest network card drivers it happens with 4 different versions of the drivers so Its unfixable by me. About all thats left is to buy a USB nic adapter or a PCI-X Nic card.


No issues here, but I never use a built in NIC on a desktop unless it's a good one. Like intel or broadcom. Realtek NICs (Basically what most onboard NICs are) just cannot handle the usage I put them through. Also a clarification, USB NICs are mostly garbage imho, and you're welcome to buy a PCI-X NIC, but you won't be able to use it. PCI-X is a slot usually only seen on server boards. You want a PCIe NIC, intel would be the best route to go.

EDIT: Also like others have said, it could be your router flaking out on you.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 1:22pm by ispanolfw
#7 Nov 16 2010 at 2:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,910 posts
Yes, could be your router/switch too...

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 2:12pm by Krycis
____________________________
Ultros: Brinna Vahn
#8 Nov 16 2010 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
cornyboob wrote:
Anyone else havig this happen i jus tturned on my pc was in game for 5 minutes and bam the game overloaded my network card again for the Umpty hundredth time. This only hapens when playing FFXIV and never under any other circumstance.

Im using Win7 64 bit and it just pops up server error and then I get booted from vent and see a Unable to detect Gateway icon in system tray.

REsetting nic or router one of either fixes the problem i always jus tdo the software disable/enable option because its easier.

This cant just be happening to me.

I am using a ASUS M$A785-M Motherboard. With the latest network card drivers it happens with 4 different versions of the drivers so Its unfixable by me. About all thats left is to buy a USB nic adapter or a PCI-X Nic card.


Never made a thread because I thought I was the only one who had the problem, but I've had it happen 2 or 3 times. Just knocks the connection out, and I just right-click the network icon and use the "troubleshoot" option and it fixes it (apparently, it disables the network adapter). My adapter is a Realtek onboard. Motherboard is a Biostar G31-M7 TE.

And I've had no issues at any other time with my network, this has only happened when playing FFXIV.

Edit: I'm also on Windows 7 64bit.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 5:03pm by Zorvan
____________________________



#9 Nov 16 2010 at 4:18 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
Ever since last night's update I been having FFXIV crash on me consistently.

Nothing gets disabled but happens so often now can't stay on for long ><
____________________________

#10 Nov 16 2010 at 8:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
182 posts
I have another funny ting. I use VoIP phone at home.. and when my phone rings or i try to call someone while i play FFXIV i get R0 -> crash.

#11 Nov 17 2010 at 12:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
Aujade wrote:
I have another funny ting. I use VoIP phone at home.. and when my phone rings or i try to call someone while i play FFXIV i get R0 -> crash.



Lol, no matter how much the times change, they will always remain the same. Anyone else remember the days of dial-up being the only choice and having to unplug your phone to avoid being dc'd?
#12 Nov 17 2010 at 3:13 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Uryuu wrote:
Aujade wrote:
I have another funny ting. I use VoIP phone at home.. and when my phone rings or i try to call someone while i play FFXIV i get R0 -> crash.



Lol, no matter how much the times change, they will always remain the same. Anyone else remember the days of dial-up being the only choice and having to unplug your phone to avoid being dc'd?


I remember when we got one of the first 56k modems. I bragged to my friends for weeks about my lightning fast internet speed.
____________________________



#13 Nov 17 2010 at 5:07 AM Rating: Decent
Yeah i had the same problem. FFXIV kinda wrote off my network card.

I'm not too bothered because it was old. At first it was just laggy, but kept cutting out, then wouldnt connect even though the signal was at 100%. Working just fine before FF though.

I don't know, I recently switched to ethernet cable and the game is working better than ever. Suggest you do the same if you keep having the same problem.
____________________________
#14 Nov 17 2010 at 5:31 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Nostris wrote:
Yeah i had the same problem. FFXIV kinda wrote off my network card.

I'm not too bothered because it was old. At first it was just laggy, but kept cutting out, then wouldnt connect even though the signal was at 100%. Working just fine before FF though.

I don't know, I recently switched to ethernet cable and the game is working better than ever. Suggest you do the same if you keep having the same problem.


I have a 16mb cable connection. Don't think that's the issue.
____________________________



#15 Nov 17 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
Uryuu wrote:
Aujade wrote:
I have another funny ting. I use VoIP phone at home.. and when my phone rings or i try to call someone while i play FFXIV i get R0 -> crash.



Lol, no matter how much the times change, they will always remain the same. Anyone else remember the days of dial-up being the only choice and having to unplug your phone to avoid being dc'd?

There were 2 things that used to get me. Someone would pick up a phone and you could be sure they were about to die, or the PitA call waiting. Eventually they added a string you could use to disable the call waiting while you were on the modem but it drove me nuts when we'd get another call and I'd get disconnected.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)