Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I would forgive if???Follow

#1 Nov 16 2010 at 5:06 PM Rating: Default
*
189 posts
We had chocos and airships...so basic...

What would you forgive if?
____________________________
FFXI Alexandar 51 SUM
Ramuh 50 SUM 53 THF
WoW Malygos 80MAG 60 WLK
The forgtn cst 80 MAG 73 WLK

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=2494669
Retainer: Weaponsandshields
#2 Nov 16 2010 at 5:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
107 posts
If we didn't have to jump through hoops to repair gear (it should all be done through NPC's at dirt cheap prices).
#3 Nov 16 2010 at 5:22 PM Rating: Default
*
164 posts
If combat wasn't a boring mindless grind.

I still can't believe it's 2010 and SE released this trash.

#4 Nov 16 2010 at 5:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
278 posts
Nutchoss wrote:
If we didn't have to jump through hoops to repair gear (it should all be done through NPC's at dirt cheap prices).


Then why have damaged gear at all? The point is to keep crafters busy.

I would forgive if they added a besiege like mechanic and opened Ishgard. Oh and added a storyline.
#5 Nov 16 2010 at 5:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
71 posts
Grouping required job knowledge, organization and strategy and not just at endgame.
____________________________
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.
Kurt Vonnegut
#6 Nov 16 2010 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
463 posts
Iv already forgiven because even with its flaws FFXIV is still the most engaging and unique mmo available.


WoW, FFXI, GW, etc etc are all old and boring at this point. Even a (mostly) broken FFXIV is still new and different enough to keep me engaged.


Dont get me wrong, i am anxiously awaiting the patches and fixes that are scheduled to come as they are fixing very necessary problems, but i still enjoy the game as is ^^;
____________________________
Gadhelyn wrote:
This one time at FFXIV camp I tried to get a 3 person party going, but just ended up as a Disciple of the Hand.


#7 Nov 16 2010 at 5:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
22 posts
Anyhow I would forgive if they would just hurry up with the patches. Cause the patches are fixing most of what I had a problem with. Like lack of search feature, cost of shards per synth, tele cost/regen time. One thing that I would also like to add is if they made it so repair npc would repair 100%. Cost per repair I don't mind the cost as long as your gear is repair 100%.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 6:55pm by dooglee
#8 Nov 16 2010 at 5:56 PM Rating: Default
**
451 posts
If the combat system wasn't so infantile as some fisher price mmo for toddlers designed to develop motor skills.
#9 Nov 16 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
278 posts
KristoFurwalken wrote:
If the combat system wasn't so infantile as some fisher price mmo for toddlers designed to develop motor skills.


I would forgive if people would stop making baseless, retarded comments
#10Ostia, Posted: Nov 16 2010 at 6:08 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I would forgive them if they make Xenogears 1-5 and renamed this game Failed Fantasy, then went and hired back the team from Quest make a sequel to FFT and Vagrant Story, make an Ogre battle game for the Ps3, and finally if they made a remake of FFVI for the PS3 with a lot more of side quest's and upgraded graphics :P
#11 Nov 16 2010 at 6:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
278 posts
Ostia wrote:
I would forgive them if they make Xenogears 1-5 and renamed this game Failed Fantasy, then went and hired back the team from Quest make a sequel to FFT and Vagrant Story, make an Ogre battle game for the Ps3, and finally if they made a remake of FFVI for the PS3 with a lot more of side quest's and upgraded graphics :P


So you want FF12 with more like-able characters?
#12 Nov 16 2010 at 6:17 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Wloire wrote:
Ostia wrote:
I would forgive them if they make Xenogears 1-5 and renamed this game Failed Fantasy, then went and hired back the team from Quest make a sequel to FFT and Vagrant Story, make an Ogre battle game for the Ps3, and finally if they made a remake of FFVI for the PS3 with a lot more of side quest's and upgraded graphics :P


So you want FF12 with more like-able characters?


Are you suggesting that in any way or shape FFXII = FFVI ?

Btw: i liked FFXII, hated vann and penelo or w/e her name is, the other chars where great
____________________________
MUTED
#13 Nov 16 2010 at 6:31 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
- Better payment options than C&B or Crysta
- Take off the character limit in chat, and stop having it constantly cancel out your typing, and make Ctrl-R work PROPERLY.
- Less button-mashy combat. Add in an autoattack.
- Auction House, or just SIGNIFICANTLY easier to purchase and sell goods


I could deal with two of those. Three of those would be fine. All of those would be ideal.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#14 Nov 16 2010 at 6:45 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
278 posts
Gameplay wise they are very similar. They both took an open ended almost-but-not-quite sandbox style, one that can't be found in any other FF. The characters are very similar design wise. Ashe is Celes. Balthier is Locke. Basch is a non-retarded Cyan etc. The storyline in any FF can be said to be the same but you have the over-expansionist Empire who turns out to not be so big bad
, the plucky group that had set out to topple the empire indeed turns their eye to the true big bad. In both games you could train your characters in any magic while also equipping them with (nearly) any equipment, something not commonly found in most FF games.

Should I go on?
#15 Nov 16 2010 at 6:50 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Do go on please
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Nov 16 2010 at 6:53 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Wloire wrote:
Ashe is Celes. Balthier is Locke. Basch is a non-retarded Cyan Mr. Thou.


Fixed.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#17 Nov 16 2010 at 6:56 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.
#18 Nov 16 2010 at 6:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
278 posts
I should have figured you would call me out on that one >.>

Both feature similar variations on the steampunk genre.

Really I was just going by both toe the line of being sandbox RPG's while the rest of the Final Fantasy series is decently linear to be honest with you.

Both have chocobos, moogles and Cid! BOOM BEAT THAT.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 8:06pm by Wloire
#19 Nov 16 2010 at 7:07 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.


If this was Wow at release you would not be 60 with craft maxed, wow vanilla was a lot harder than wow wotlk, also wow launched with 10+ istances, 1500 quest, and end game content :) was there no organized PVP ? nope but there was PVP :) in this game there is no pvp at all
____________________________
MUTED
#20 Nov 16 2010 at 7:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
278 posts
Ostia wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.


If this was Wow at release you would not be 60 with craft maxed, wow vanilla was a lot harder than wow wotlk, also wow launched with 10+ istances, 1500 quest, and end game content :) was there no organized PVP ? nope but there was PVP :) in this game there is no pvp at all


He would actually.. Vanilla WoW took me two months to max out my char and that wasn't even dedicated playtime as I was playing other games. Maybe two hours a night on weekdays and 4-6 on weekends. I never crafted so I don't know. WoW has always been a little on the easier side.
#21 Nov 16 2010 at 7:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
Ostia wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.


If this was Wow at release you would not be 60 with craft maxed, wow vanilla was a lot harder than wow wotlk, also wow launched with 10+ istances, 1500 quest, and end game content :) was there no organized PVP ? nope but there was PVP :) in this game there is no pvp at all



It didn;t even take me 2 months to do that. WoW was easymode even when it was harder. Now it's just a joke till hero modes.
#22 Nov 16 2010 at 7:39 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Wloire wrote:
I should have figured you would call me out on that one >.>

Both feature similar variations on the steampunk genre.

Really I was just going by both toe the line of being sandbox RPG's while the rest of the Final Fantasy series is decently linear to be honest with you.

Both have chocobos, moogles and Cid! BOOM BEAT THAT.

Edited, Nov 16th 2010 8:06pm by Wloire



I will agree on the steampunk setting and on Mr.Thou = basch(I dont agree on cyan being a retarded character)

But other than that, both empires are different, and their goals are different, same with both villains behind the empire, and ash is in no way celes <.< also in FFVI not every character can use every wepon/armor, cyan can only use heavy armors and katanas, gau has no wepons, stargo only rods and staff's, sabin can only use claw's etc etc.
____________________________
MUTED
#23 Nov 16 2010 at 7:46 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Wloire wrote:
Ostia wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.


If this was Wow at release you would not be 60 with craft maxed, wow vanilla was a lot harder than wow wotlk, also wow launched with 10+ istances, 1500 quest, and end game content :) was there no organized PVP ? nope but there was PVP :) in this game there is no pvp at all


He would actually.. Vanilla WoW took me two months to max out my char and that wasn't even dedicated playtime as I was playing other games. Maybe two hours a night on weekdays and 4-6 on weekends. I never crafted so I don't know. WoW has always been a little on the easier side.


Max out as in Max level i would assume, because wow vanilla shipped with molten core in 04 and the first kill of raganaros was in 06 :) so if you dint max out in crafts or in pvp gear, you definetly dint max out in epic gear
____________________________
MUTED
#24 Nov 16 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Decent
14 posts
If the game stopped being so utterly repetitive.
#25 Nov 16 2010 at 8:24 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
- Better payment options than C&B or Crysta
- Less button-mashy combat. Add in an autoattack.


I like crysta >.>

Also if you want to button mash less play a mage - the cast times mean you don't button mash as much. I don't need the game to play itself for me. Auto-attack, no thanks.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#26 Nov 16 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Decent
*
182 posts
Well right now i forgive SE. I really was angry to get the email about the ending of the free trial period without seeing any patches/improvements.

To be honest... i never thought about 30 more free days. I more wanted like whatever.. free time until maybe 1 or 2 days after the first big patch so people could test it and decide if they stay or not.

Now SE impressed me with that. I think it is what they had to do since this will cost them another month without description money but in the long turn they keep more longtime players.
#27 Nov 16 2010 at 8:47 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
- Better payment options than C&B or Crysta
- Less button-mashy combat. Add in an autoattack.


I like crysta >.>

Also if you want to button mash less play a mage - the cast times mean you don't button mash as much. I don't need the game to play itself for me. Auto-attack, no thanks.


I'd like crysta more if it was sold, or the game was billed in slightly better increments. Microsoft points are similar to this, but everything works out that its billed in $1 units. Crysta seems that there will be a loss, or odd numbered balance in the account at all times.


As far as auto attack goes. Its not really the game playing itself significantly. Unless you're killing stuff way below your level, its hardly effecient. But it makes the game a bit easier to play, easier to go through status windows or items. Easier to chat with friends. I know people have got around this by using macros, but to me thats evidence that it should probably have been that way to begin with.
____________________________


#28 Nov 16 2010 at 9:07 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
But during battle you should be focussed - I actually like that about XIV - in FFXI it was sort of ridiculous sometimes with not needing to do anything. I think they struck a balance so there is enough time to select your next ability without playing the game for you - but seriously if you are just pressing 1 1 1 1 1 1 - you are doing it wrong - every class has skills they should be using - when they block (phalax) when they evade (roundhouse or whatever that pug skill is) etc etc there is a lot of stuff that is situational with short windows and low TP costs. As a mage even with the diminished returns on landing debuffs I still make a point of doing it.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#29 Nov 16 2010 at 9:14 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
But during battle you should be focussed - I actually like that about XIV - in FFXI it was sort of ridiculous sometimes with not needing to do anything. I think they struck a balance so there is enough time to select your next ability without playing the game for you - but seriously if you are just pressing 1 1 1 1 1 1 - you are doing it wrong - every class has skills they should be using - when they block (phalax) when they evade (roundhouse or whatever that pug skill is) etc etc there is a lot of stuff that is situational with short windows and low TP costs. As a mage even with the diminished returns on landing debuffs I still make a point of doing it.


I'm sure endgame will be like that, but for the time being, I'm getting the most SP by spamming spirit dart/light thrust. I would love if the game actually required more effort, but it so far doesn't. I agree there are tons of abilities I should be using to great effect, but its not worth it at the moment. I wouldn't say I'm doing it 'wrong' because stuff still dies quickly, with no real difference in how battles go.

Even if that wasn't the case, for harder content, the bulk of attacks are still likely to be the basic TP generating ones. I feel there should be a way to queue that attack up, and allow me to override that queue with something else with the time comes.
____________________________


#30 Nov 16 2010 at 9:44 PM Rating: Good
**
923 posts
removal of durability and I would be so **** happy.....
#31 Nov 16 2010 at 10:25 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
Ostia wrote:
Wloire wrote:
Ostia wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.


If this was Wow at release you would not be 60 with craft maxed, wow vanilla was a lot harder than wow wotlk, also wow launched with 10+ istances, 1500 quest, and end game content :) was there no organized PVP ? nope but there was PVP :) in this game there is no pvp at all


He would actually.. Vanilla WoW took me two months to max out my char and that wasn't even dedicated playtime as I was playing other games. Maybe two hours a night on weekdays and 4-6 on weekends. I never crafted so I don't know. WoW has always been a little on the easier side.


Max out as in Max level i would assume, because wow vanilla shipped with molten core in 04 and the first kill of raganaros was in 06 :) so if you dint max out in crafts or in pvp gear, you definetly dint max out in epic gear


Yeah noone had a single piece of epic gear for a while. All Blues was considered great for a good bit. It was still easy tho. The only thing with classic wow was instead of any skill at all you were held back by fire resist. Fire resist> skill. Otherwise things would have happened a lot faster( Well once anyone actually started trying them). Kind of like every raid since they took that away. I maxed out in pvp gear before I had raid gear actually tho. Very few people actually raided at the start. By the 06 you see that this is true. Raiding wasn't extremely appealing to most people.

The fact remains tho. For the average player who shot up at the start it was months before anything worthwhile came along. Years before they fixed the game breaking bugs. Yep. Years. See Ret paladin ^^ That's not all that impressive.

As for the 1500 quests.... here we go on the box "Unravel the continuing story of Warcraft as you engage in hundreds of custom quests" That's certainly not indicative of 1500 ^^ You still had to grind half of the time. I'm thinking they added a lot of those quests that are in the achieves now(the 1500) in along the way. I can think of several zones that had maybe 10 quests that have much more now. I'm reasonably sure there weren't anywhere near 1500. A lot of the quests that were in didn't really come into play until they weren't even needed or they were bugged too.

This game has over 500 leves and quests. That's pretty competitive with hundreds methinks.


#32 Nov 16 2010 at 10:40 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
samosamo wrote:
removal of durability and I would be so **** happy.....


i agree with this. the one thing this does do though, is keep the repair materials usefull so after there is a million of the same gear on the market, people will still buy it and the price wont drop as much as if no one needed it.

however, the durability system as it is now, is utter trash, and is one of the most anoying things about this game. imo, the only things that should need to be repaired is boots, legs, body, gloves, head, Lhand, Rhand, and thats it. there is to many things to repair, to frequently.
#33 Nov 16 2010 at 10:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
I'm sick of being in a fight with multiple mobs, killing the first one, and then trying to cycle through any and all mobs/players starting a far away as possible before the cursor finally finds its way to the **** mob that is standing right in front of me and kicking my ***!

And I'm playing with a controller, because that's how it's "supposedly" meant to be played.
____________________________



#34 Nov 17 2010 at 12:36 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Wloire wrote:
Ostia wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.


If this was Wow at release you would not be 60 with craft maxed, wow vanilla was a lot harder than wow wotlk, also wow launched with 10+ istances, 1500 quest, and end game content :) was there no organized PVP ? nope but there was PVP :) in this game there is no pvp at all


He would actually.. Vanilla WoW took me two months to max out my char and that wasn't even dedicated playtime as I was playing other games. Maybe two hours a night on weekdays and 4-6 on weekends. I never crafted so I don't know. WoW has always been a little on the easier side.


Max out as in Max level i would assume, because wow vanilla shipped with molten core in 04 and the first kill of raganaros was in 06 :) so if you dint max out in crafts or in pvp gear, you definetly dint max out in epic gear


Yeah noone had a single piece of epic gear for a while. All Blues was considered great for a good bit. It was still easy tho. The only thing with classic wow was instead of any skill at all you were held back by fire resist. Fire resist> skill. Otherwise things would have happened a lot faster( Well once anyone actually started trying them). Kind of like every raid since they took that away. I maxed out in pvp gear before I had raid gear actually tho. Very few people actually raided at the start. By the 06 you see that this is true. Raiding wasn't extremely appealing to most people.

The fact remains tho. For the average player who shot up at the start it was months before anything worthwhile came along. Years before they fixed the game breaking bugs. Yep. Years. See Ret paladin ^^ That's not all that impressive.

As for the 1500 quests.... here we go on the box "Unravel the continuing story of Warcraft as you engage in hundreds of custom quests" That's certainly not indicative of 1500 ^^ You still had to grind half of the time. I'm thinking they added a lot of those quests that are in the achieves now(the 1500) in along the way. I can think of several zones that had maybe 10 quests that have much more now. I'm reasonably sure there weren't anywhere near 1500. A lot of the quests that were in didn't really come into play until they weren't even needed or they were bugged too.

This game has over 500 leves and quests. That's pretty competitive with hundreds methinks.




Vanilla wow launched with 2000 quest's(8k currently and 3k comming up with cata), EQ1 launched with around 1000, where purple's scarse ? yeah back then epics where epics, but they existed, did you required fire restist for molten ? Indeed. As for pvp gear, that was insane, you had to practically play 24-7 if you wanted grandmarshal ******* and farm people for HK
____________________________
MUTED
#35 Nov 17 2010 at 12:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
If SE didn't charge a subscription fee until they were satisfied with the game...oh wait, that's what they are doing. Sure, the game's a bit boring and tbh repetitive as ****, but SE knows this, and really won't charge until the game is up to their usual standards, and not that of other companies.
#36 Nov 17 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Default
*
156 posts
i would forgive if my character was not a generic mindless " enter class name" I am sorry asa 'hero' or even a basic adventurer i want to be a unique and special snow flake......
____________________________
KitsurubamiSouzahara wrote:
This is all just a fanboy civil war. Some are hurt that SE gave them such a crap game, the others are hurt that anyone would call it crap.
#37 Nov 17 2010 at 3:21 AM Rating: Default
**
315 posts
I neve has unrealistic expectations from the get go, so SE don;t need to please me.
As for auto attack, (Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass) I want tanks to be focus vs watching tv. Then blame me for their death.
As for the "have to spam 1" its your choice. But its like that in every mmo. Pll will do the easiest thing to get sp. Like spaming cure 1 to get healing skill. You choose to do that for sp. Not SE. Due to you feel it is easier.
But all in all that is something you are not forced to do. SE have you 2 attacks button. You choice to use both or one.
But it isn't SE fault, if you choose to spam rather be dynamic.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#38 Nov 17 2010 at 4:37 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
283 posts
Ostia wrote:
Wloire wrote:
Ostia wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Auto-attack would literally hose this game up right now. It has no place here. Think about it. **** the only time I even use light shot which is archer basic attack is with multishot. I don't want the **** thing to shoot for me. That would ruin combat.(Bind breaker ftl) (Yes, I realize they didn't do bows like that before) Same with a great many other classes and abilities. What the **** would you do with the other 90% of the time you weren't pumping wep skills? It would just be slow as crap like FFXI. That system sucked. That's part of why the other 15 million+ gamers didn't play. Also you'd be looking at having to get rid of stamina and going back to something like the 100 200 300 tp thing to balance it out. That sucked the first time. It doesn't need to suck the second.

As for what can SE do to get forgiveness, they are already doing it. If you want more than that you are being unreasonable. Plain and simple. If this was WoW at release I would be 60 and bored by now. No raids, no organized pvp, crafts maxed, the works. That goes for several others at release. Pretty standard Progression for an MMO. Sure, they started a bit behind but look at their changes... SE is working hard to make you happy. Chill the fk out and enjoy it... or leave w/e.


If this was Wow at release you would not be 60 with craft maxed, wow vanilla was a lot harder than wow wotlk, also wow launched with 10+ istances, 1500 quest, and end game content :) was there no organized PVP ? nope but there was PVP :) in this game there is no pvp at all


He would actually.. Vanilla WoW took me two months to max out my char and that wasn't even dedicated playtime as I was playing other games. Maybe two hours a night on weekdays and 4-6 on weekends. I never crafted so I don't know. WoW has always been a little on the easier side.


Max out as in Max level i would assume, because wow vanilla shipped with molten core in 04 and the first kill of raganaros was in 06 :) so if you dint max out in crafts or in pvp gear, you definetly dint max out in epic gear


the first Raganros kill was April 25th, 2005. I know I was a member of Ascent and there for the world first kill (Sethern troll hunter) And to the others Vanilla Wow was not easy mode. Yes geting to lvl cap was easy I did it in 2 weeks. But WoW was never about the grind. It was about the end game. Geting to lvl cap was just the start of the game that let you get the hang of your class. The end game was the real game and took a lot of skill to do. There ar tons of people who have never seen some of the things that Vanilla wow had to offer. Just look at C,Thun I am willing to bet 1/2 the people playing WoW never saw that fight. AQ40 took a lot of skill and 40 people all doing there job to get you to the end.
#39 Nov 17 2010 at 4:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
283 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Yeah noone had a single piece of epic gear for a while. All Blues was considered great for a good bit. It was still easy tho. The only thing with classic wow was instead of any skill at all you were held back by fire resist. Fire resist> skill. Otherwise things would have happened a lot faster( Well once anyone actually started trying them). Kind of like every raid since they took that away. I maxed out in pvp gear before I had raid gear actually tho. Very few people actually raided at the start. By the 06 you see that this is true. Raiding wasn't extremely appealing to most people.

The fact remains tho. For the average player who shot up at the start it was months before anything worthwhile came along. Years before they fixed the game breaking bugs. Yep. Years. See Ret paladin ^^ That's not all that impressive.

As for the 1500 quests.... here we go on the box "Unravel the continuing story of Warcraft as you engage in hundreds of custom quests" That's certainly not indicative of 1500 ^^ You still had to grind half of the time. I'm thinking they added a lot of those quests that are in the achieves now(the 1500) in along the way. I can think of several zones that had maybe 10 quests that have much more now. I'm reasonably sure there weren't anywhere near 1500. A lot of the quests that were in didn't really come into play until they weren't even needed or they were bugged too.

This game has over 500 leves and quests. That's pretty competitive with hundreds methinks.



Are you joking or do you just not know any thing about WoW? You could go from lvl 1-60 with every kill being for a quest!! **** you would be past 100 quest Hord side by the time you got done with Cross roads. If you are going to bash a game plz know about the game.
#40 Nov 17 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
*
55 posts
They scrapped about 90% of the game and started over; even if it they delayed it 2-3 years. The graphics are good except for the repetitive terrain. The combat system isn't bad (when it works and the battle regiments system blows goats). The storyline is intriguing but to few and far between. The crafting is interesting but broken due to synth levels, difficulty of finding materials, etc.

I'm very painfully coming to the conclusion more and more (even with the listed updates in progress) that this is just not what I expected. I'm having trouble finding the interest to even log in anymore even while it's free. I gave this a lot of thought and I think I hung on so long just because it is a Final Fantasy game so I gave it a "free pass" or benefit of my doubt. The more I started thinking about why I was playing was not because I liked the type of MMO it was but more because it was the next Final Fantasy MMO. If it was any other title I would have left and never looked back a long time ago. I wonder how many other people are doing the same and keep plugging along simply because it is the next FF MMO.

I know alot are really enjoying themselves and there is nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks. I'm going to keep following closely the progress and I hope that in a year or so that I can come back and it will feel like a more complete game. However for know I could only forgive if they basically scrapped it and went back to the drawing board. If they did that I wouldn't be ****** at all I'd be excited.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)