Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Developers apologize to unhappy players on PCGamerFollow

#102 Nov 18 2010 at 5:36 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Most places will not let you return software anyway. It's too easy to copy the software. They always assume that is what you did, and why you are returning it.
____________________________

#103 Nov 18 2010 at 9:42 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Thegorgatron wrote:
valeforheya1984 wrote:
ill be honest at times some of the bugs get me ticked off. (like mobe randmly running around and regening hp sometimes) but over all the game has alot there. once they add some goals like higher end content more ppl will be motavatid to get there and have fun.

one thing i notised alot. unless alot of ppl see big numbers (like damage expicaly with alot of amaricens) they think there toon sucks. i remember this from exp pts in xi.


I know its off topic but...

1. Am I the only one who hates the phrase "toon"?

2. I have never really thought about it that way, but yeah, I guess people just do get off on big numbers. If people were hitting for like 400 instead of like 40 at level one they might just like it 10 times more =)
Big numbers are relative at best. At ~10, 50 damage is a big number for a WS. If your damage potential is being reached, it's a "big" number, it has very little to do with just the actual size of the number.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#104 Nov 18 2010 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
Why do you guys have a problem with refunds? Why do you have a problem with people that really just hate the game? Do you REALLY need them to play?

If they don't play and are un-happy is there that many that if they all leave and dont pay that the game will shut down? Seem after every post on what people really want someone has a problem with what was said and goes off on how thet should keep paying and play as it is, or keep paying but come back in a few months.


I dont think the game would shut down if the un-happy players were to leave get a refund/trade in game (You can do this with single player games). But the way you "Happy" players attack others for being un-happy makes it sound like if they dont stay and just suck it up that the "Happy" players wont have a game to play?

Im looking for just 2 things to change in this game and im more then sure I would come back.

Nothing of they type has been non-vaguely posted so atm I dont know whats going on.

Ya giving another month to me of not having any real fun is fine if SE wants to do that, personally it does not change how the game sits for me right now.

Edited, Nov 18th 2010 9:36am by TheRealLusent
____________________________




#105 Nov 18 2010 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
lurex wrote:
Quote:
Developers apologize to unhappy players on PCGamer


Bologna I say. And SE is really slicing it and slicing it thick. If they are TRULY sorry, they would offer a refund of the software purchase for those who are disatisifed.

Edited, Nov 17th 2010 12:23pm by lurex


Actually, if you had read the eula, you would have seen that they do offer a refund.

I really don't understand the hate and distrust people seem to have.

I am not happy with the game (i do find some enjoyment in it, and I do see potential).
I will continue to wait and see what happens. If se comes through, I will have more fun, and be more active in the game. If they don't I will quit. But in the mean time I will not pass judgement on unknowns. Saying the patches will suck, or will not improve the game. That would literally be like stopping all cancer research because they still haven't found the cure. Ok, drastic example, but the ideology is the same.

As for se slicing it thick, what would you do in their position? There are people they will never satisfy, and to those people they will see everything as disengenuous or demeaning. If you do not want to accept their apology that is your choice, but to slander them for your beliefs is kind of sad.

#106 Nov 18 2010 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
TheRealLusent wrote:
Why do you guys have a problem with refunds? Why do you have a problem with people that really just hate the game? Do you REALLY need them to play?


Who cares if you play? At what point has any one said they wanted you to play? I just think S-E can find a better way to spend their resources than by catering to people with an enormous sense of entitlement. You're not entitled to a refund, and it wouldn't make any business sense to provide a refund, so get over it and decide whether or not you want to play. If there's some thing S-E can realistically do to convince you that FFXIV is a good game that you want to pay to play, then you should be talking about that, rather than engaging in a hilarious fantasy.

#107 Nov 18 2010 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:


It's true that most companies offer refunds to appease customers. Some will even offer recalls of hazardous or unsafe products. But very few companies are going to refund a product that you "just didn't like". I'm not saying none will; I'm sure some will... but most won't. See, the thing is, if you're THAT disgruntled to the point that you're threatening to hurt their business if they don't appease you and you aren't giving them the inclination that you're going to buy their products again, then you aren't really giving them a reason to "win you back", so to speak.

The best customer relations experiences I've had (not necessarily with SE, but with other companies) were ones where I've voiced my complaint to a manager and made a point of saying that "I like your product/service, and usually I'm happy with it, and I would like to continue using your product." I've done this with newegg once; they refused to take back a card that wouldn't fit in my case when I realized the card looked smaller in the picture than it was. At first they would not accept the return, and then they tried to charge a restocking fee. I explained to the person that I have spent thousands of dollars with newegg, they are my favorite place to buy computer parts from, and I plan to upgrade my system in 2 to 3 months and spend several hundred more than this video card I would like to return has cost me. I would rather buy my parts from newegg, if newegg still wants me as a customer. I have never asked to return or exchange any part in as long as I have been buying from this site, and am simply asking for one exception to be made so that I can feel confident in my future purchases from newegg.

In the end, I got my refund without a restocking fee, and I still swear by newegg.


This is just it.

You explained what I have been trying to say exactly. When I got my money back for the hotel room it wasn't by yelling at the manager and saying they were a sub-par hotel and demanding my money back. In fact I didn't even ask for anything.

I simply answered honestly when they asked me about my experience.

"The room was very nice, and the bed was comfortable, and it was clean, unfortunately I can't recommend your hotel to my friends because of the unresolved noise issues that ruined my romantic evening" was pretty much the gist of it.

As for those that say giving them a refund wouldn't hurt those of us who are sticking with the game - sorry, but you are wrong. Money spent trying to buy off your anger is money that won't be spent fixing the game and making it more enjoyable for those of us who intend to be long-term customers. Since those asking for a refund are the least likely to subscribe under any circumstances SE would be stupid to pander to people who have been doing nothing but bad mouthing them rather than focusing on the people who actually want to play the game.

Like I said - if you are so unhappy that you never intend to play the game so you want your box price back - I suggest it is time to cut your losses. If you think you will play in the future than regardless you would have had to buy the discs/code to play in the future. Think of it as a pre-order of the game you will want to play a few months down the line.

____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#108 Nov 18 2010 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
TheRealLusent wrote:
Why do you guys have a problem with refunds? Why do you have a problem with people that really just hate the game? Do you REALLY need them to play?


Who cares if you play? At what point has any one said they wanted you to play? I just think S-E can find a better way to spend their resources than by catering to people with an enormous sense of entitlement. You're not entitled to a refund, and it wouldn't make any business sense to provide a refund, so get over it and decide whether or not you want to play. If there's some thing S-E can realistically do to convince you that FFXIV is a good game that you want to pay to play, then you should be talking about that, rather than engaging in a hilarious fantasy.



Sorry I was not talking for just myself but pointing out what I keep reading in the forums. But I do see that you are upset that I have not planned if im going to keep playing or not.

I think you should look up a help line and ask for help. The rest of us can carry on a convo that we hope wont upset you anymore.
____________________________




#109 Nov 18 2010 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
TheRealLusent wrote:

Sorry I was not talking for just myself but pointing out what I keep reading in the forums. But I do see that you are upset that I have not planned if im going to keep playing or not.


No, what you actually did was made a really poor assumption that opposition to refunds is some how based on opposition to those who don't care for the game, or a co dependent desire to have them play the game. The only two reasons I can think of to ask the question you asked is if you are either considerably below average intelligence, or you're trolling. Neither one really rates a kind response, so you didn't get a kind response.

However, if you sincerely believe that you are/were speaking on behalf of others then simply consider my post to be a response to those mythical others, and not to you

I cannot express any more sincerely than I already have that really, truly, from the bottom of my heart, I do not care whether you do or do not play. I will presume to speak for the vast majority of FFXIV players, and indeed the majority of humans on the planet earth, that we would not notice either way, nor care.

Furthermore, let me emphasize that I actually don't like FFXIV as it currently exists, which is why I didn't purchase it, and why I tried to warn any one who would listen that they also should not purchase it. However, now that it has been purchased, and many people do not like it, they must simply live with the consequences of that decision. Either they want to play, in which case they should not receive a refund, or they do not want to play, in which case they should not receive a refund.

Those who hate the game are free to do as most adults do when they purchase some thing they hate, and simply not ever buy it again, nor other products from that company.

Personally, I have a surprising amount of faith that FFXIV will soon be a worthwhile purchase to make. Not the religious faith of belief in the unseen, but inductive faith based on years of experience, that S-E is capable of making a great MMO, and that companies who forsake the bottom line in the short term, in the name of a long term goal, have proven in the only way a corporation can ever prove, that they are focused on delivering over the long haul.



Edited, Nov 18th 2010 5:03pm by KarlHungis
#110 Nov 18 2010 at 11:47 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
991 posts
On a semi related/unrelated topic
now that I look at some of the names posting these "i hate this game threads"
why the **** are alot of them the same names i saw on about 5 other forums in the last year for new games......
____________________________


#111 Nov 18 2010 at 11:55 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
Vedis wrote:
On a semi related/unrelated topic
now that I look at some of the names posting these "i hate this game threads"
why the **** are alot of them the same names i saw on about 5 other forums in the last year for new games......


Either they are hateful people who want everyone to be miserable, or they are the kind of people looking for new games which overall have been pretty disappointing in the past few years since everyone's trying to copy wow, or be the opposite, rather than simply ignoring it and building a game they think is good. I don't think its the first reason.
____________________________


#112 Nov 19 2010 at 12:54 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
17 posts
Vedis wrote:
On a semi related/unrelated topic
now that I look at some of the names posting these "i hate this game threads"
why the **** are alot of them the same names i saw on about 5 other forums in the last year for new games......


This, folks, is called "poisoning the well".

Unless you specifically call someone out, in which case go for it, vague FUD like this is just obnoxious.
#113 Nov 19 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
991 posts
goomba666 wrote:
Vedis wrote:
On a semi related/unrelated topic
now that I look at some of the names posting these "i hate this game threads"
why the **** are alot of them the same names i saw on about 5 other forums in the last year for new games......


This, folks, is called "poisoning the well".

Unless you specifically call someone out, in which case go for it, vague FUD like this is just obnoxious.


actualy, i consider it to be me being decent and trying nto to start a full on arguement with them, because i actualy play certain games with some of them.
the fact its happening, is fact
the fact i dont wanna call them out specificaly(and i know they are reading this, cuz its a hate thread and they are just looking to troll you guys) is just how it is
____________________________


1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)