Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Guild Marks as a different classFollow

#1 Nov 17 2010 at 10:33 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
I haven't had the opportunity to try this yet, but I'm wondering if say I got a leve for MRD marks and I started the leve as MRD but switched to a different DoW and then before touching the aerthyte switched back if I would get the marks?

I did try switching to MRD before finishing the leve, but forgot to switch before starting it and it didn't work that way. Then again I'm guessing that would only work if my MRD was at or above R20 if at all...

I know the guild makrs for the wrong class has been addrssed before, but I didn't recall reading a workaround other than how to try and force the leves to give you the appropriate leve for your desired class. I can't find anything worthwhile searching "Guild Marks".


*EDIT* Accidently said Faction Credits when I meant guild marks



Edited, Nov 17th 2010 4:48pm by PerrinofSylph
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#2 Nov 17 2010 at 11:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
364 posts
Guildmarks awarded will scale depending on how much that job participates in the leve (not sure what exactly it tracks). So only starting and ending as a job will likely yield 0 points. Killing a couple mobs maybe give 200. Obviously doing the whole leve on that job will give full points.
#3 Nov 17 2010 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Oh didn't know that, I thought you got what it says it will net on the leves that don't have gil but have marks instead.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#4 Nov 17 2010 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
**
650 posts
Furia wrote:
Guildmarks awarded will scale depending on how much that job participates in the leve (not sure what exactly it tracks). So only starting and ending as a job will likely yield 0 points. Killing a couple mobs maybe give 200. Obviously doing the whole leve on that job will give full points.


I can verify this first hand, I got CON marks on my leve, but my CON was to low to fight the mobs, so switched to THM and blasted everything off, got 0 marks afterwards lol....
____________________________
Mikayla Soulfire (XIV), Ul'dah, Istory
Lodestone Profile

Mikael (XI) Bastok, CaithSith
RDM/BST/BLU/NIN/BLM

Thus is our agreement written, thus is treaty made. Thought is the arrow of time; Memory never fades. What was asked is given; The price is paid.
#5 Nov 17 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
MikaelCS wrote:
I can verify this first hand, I got CON marks on my leve, but my CON was to low to fight the mobs, so switched to THM and blasted everything off, got 0 marks afterwards lol....


Was your CON 20+? If not I think that could be part of the problem as you can't obtain Guild Marks until you're 20 or higher.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#6 Nov 17 2010 at 4:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,959 posts
PerrinofSylph wrote:
MikaelCS wrote:
I can verify this first hand, I got CON marks on my leve, but my CON was to low to fight the mobs, so switched to THM and blasted everything off, got 0 marks afterwards lol....


Was your CON 20+? If not I think that could be part of the problem as you can't obtain Guild Marks until you're 20 or higher.
You don't need to be Rank 20 to get the Guild Marks.

I've gotten marks on my Rank 10 classes by having friends help me with them.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#7 Nov 17 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
I too was able to get guildmarks as soon as I had access to the r20 leves. In fact I was able to get the PGL skill Pummel, which costs 6k marks, by the time I was r18.
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#8 Nov 17 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
A couple things to add regarding DoW/DoM marks.

R20 leves have a chance to offer guild marks for any class you have at R10 or above. R30 leves have a chance to offer marks of any r20+ class you have, and so on. Not confirmed, but it SEEMS certain class marks are tied to specific leves.

If you attempt to start a leve while equipped as a class other than the class being offered marks, you will get a message warning you that you will not receive marks as your current class.

Edited, Nov 17th 2010 6:03pm by chopstx
____________________________

#9 Nov 17 2010 at 5:09 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
I think that the amount of marks you get in a leve depend on the number/percent to which you achieve the leve goals. For example I had the Wight quest in Horizon which the goal was to collect 20 broken swords from any number of monsters. I started as a conjurer and went through and got 13/20 swords but that this point i was down to a few mintues left as i died alot (my conj was only lvl 10). so i switched to my main MAR and got the other 7 quest items.

I recieved 719 marks. The original total for marks was 1104
13/20 = 0.65
719/1104 = 0.6513

So if you ahd a quest to kill 4 monsters and you only killed 3 as that class, you would recieve 75% of the marks. If you start the quest as the required class, switch to another class and kill all 4 monsters as the alternate class and then switch back to the required class at the end you would recieve 0% as you were not the required class at the point of acheving the objectives.
#10 Nov 18 2010 at 12:19 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
221 posts
I can verify what has been said above as well. I accidentally started a leve as the wrong class - didn't catch the warning in time as I was just spamming the <return> key lol. However, right after I started the leve before doing anything I switched to the correct class and did the rest of the leve. I ended up getting the full amount of guildmarks.
____________________________

#11 Nov 18 2010 at 12:30 AM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
Lantesh wrote:
I too was able to get guildmarks as soon as I had access to the r20 leves. In fact I was able to get the PGL skill Pummel, which costs 6k marks, by the time I was r18.


Oh, cool... I didn't think that you could buy any of the abilities/traits until you actually joined the guild and completed the first quest (silly me for assuming and not actually checking). My GLA is only level 13 but I've been able to complete a lot of guildmark quests for it solo because it's been backed by my physical level (hit 40 tonight). I'm not even sure how many guildmarks I have accumulated, but I guess I need to head to the GLA guild tomorrow!
#12 Nov 18 2010 at 4:35 AM Rating: Excellent
*
203 posts
AilysFoxglove wrote:
Lantesh wrote:
I too was able to get guildmarks as soon as I had access to the r20 leves. In fact I was able to get the PGL skill Pummel, which costs 6k marks, by the time I was r18.


Oh, cool... I didn't think that you could buy any of the abilities/traits until you actually joined the guild and completed the first quest (silly me for assuming and not actually checking). My GLA is only level 13 but I've been able to complete a lot of guildmark quests for it solo because it's been backed by my physical level (hit 40 tonight). I'm not even sure how many guildmarks I have accumulated, but I guess I need to head to the GLA guild tomorrow!


Check the currency tab of your inventory to see how many guild marks you have.
#13 Nov 18 2010 at 11:04 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
well crap...

Oh well so much for that then. Thanks a ton though for saving me from failed experimentation.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#14 Nov 18 2010 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
Ilmoran wrote:
Check the currency tab of your inventory to see how many guild marks you have.


Oh... that I actually know how to do. I just wasn't on the game to check. (Still not quite yet, was checking in here first) I know I have a lot though.

But thanks for the advice anyway!
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)