Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

No one to repair equipment = screwedFollow

#102 Nov 21 2010 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts


Smiley: laugh
____________________________

#103 Nov 21 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Excellent
*
90 posts
klepp6761 wrote:
i agree w/ the OP. crafters need to realize we need them to take time away from their grinding and get some sp from reparing instead in order for us to go out and get the crystals they need to craft to begin with. They need to make the rewards for repairing a bit more lucrative cause when im paying 5k an item for a repair and no one will take 30 seconds out for me to PAY THEM to gain sp. something is wrong. no one can keep up w/ a 75% repair for 200k each time @ the ripoff NPC either. Its already cost me way TOO much $$ due to the fact I have limited playtime and I dont want to spend it standing around spamming in hopes of getting repaired. Im already getting flashbacks of standing in jeuno LFG for 10 hours before quitting FFXI out of frustration.


Just to illustrate part of my earlier point... I don't believe you could find a single crafter who says that SP gain is why they do repairs.

I've been synthing Weaver today...
average synth success (leve) = ~400 SP (no mat or shard/crystal cost)
average synth failure (leve) = ~200 SP (no mat or shard/crystal cost)
average synth success (non-leve) = 250+ SP (mat and shard/crystal cost, gear return)
average synth failure (non-leve) = 120+ SP (mat and shard/crystal cost, no gear return)
average repair success = ~20 SP (mat cost, no gear return)
EXACT repair failure = nada, nil, nothing, zip, zero, and zilch (mat cost, no gear return)

For anyone to think that a crafter (who isn't just in "super-helpful" mode) would break away from their own synthing for the "SP gain" they would either have to be completely unaware of the above, or certifiable.

So, Klepp, what I ask you is this...
When the NPC would cost you 200k (your estimate) to repair to 75%, AND since I stated the comparative returns on crafting-vs-repairing (my estimates), would you ever be so... bold ... as to put 1gil up for repairs and then complain that you had to wait for a (apparently very kind-hearted) person to actually take up your offer?


Now, LordAshal...
Quote:
You're missing the point entirely.

If someone asks for help, and they have very little gil. They offer you 1gil in compensation, it should be enough if you asked for nothing.


As far as "they have very little gil"... how do you know that, exactly?
How did their gear get damaged? By fighting mobs, I believe is the assumption here, since we're talking non-crafters. In order to assume that they have no way of compensating for repairs you have to assume that in that time of fighting mobs they did not get gil (agreed... most mobs don't drop gil), did not get loot (which could be sold to an NPC for funds or, even if it is small compensation, offered to the repairing crafter), and they also did not get shards/crystals... which, if they weren't needing repairs, then they would probably be putting them in their bazaar to SELL to crafters.
However, you are saying that after spending enough time fighting mobs that their gear has worn down to a completely unusable state (which is impossible, I've fought with a blade with 1hp. It isn't a good idea and you can't fight the same mobs that you can when your gear is in order, but it can be done) they have NOTHING except 1gil to offer... That somehow, they beat EVERY statistical odd for hours, to come up COMPLETELY empty-handed...
I say that you are being irrationally obstinate about your point.

Quote:
If you ask for nothing and recieve nothing, but you feel slighted for getting nothing then your intentions are greed and less pure as you say.

If you ask for nothing, getting 1gil is not saying anything because you asked for nothing.

Did you even read anything I said.


Yes, all of it... did you read what I said?
me wrote:
But when I see someone offering 1gil for a repair... They don't get it from me, that's for sure.


Notice I said "when I see", not "when they come up, give me a sob story, and ask nicely". As in, I'm walking by the repair NPC checking out people's bazaars (probably because I need things myself, often shards of some sort or another) and I see someone has put up a Hempen Tunic (easy fix) that is damaged and they are offering 1gil for the repair... and btw, usually those people also have "X shards ... selling ... 400 ea.", so they just want to rape crafters in both major orifices, don't they? You'll have to forgive me that I neither buy, nor repair.

1.)
Quote:
If you have a surplus of mats, why not give it to someone who needs help?


Well... let's narrow down your definition of "surplus", shall we?

2.)
Quote:
You didn't read anything I said either.
If you have a SURPLUS. A SURPLUS. Meaning extra, then give the extra surplus. Not ALL.

3.)
Quote:
Do you know what surplus means?
"Being more than or in excess of what is needed or required: surplus grain."

4.)
Quote:
If you're a gladiator, and you get 50,000 bone chips and you want money for them, they are not surplus. If you don't need them, and don't want anything for them then it's surplus.


Well... first off let's be a bit reasonable about #4, (since nobody can hold 50,000 bone chips) let's say 24 Bone Chips (that's 2 stacks of 12).
You stated in #4 that if I'm a Gladiator (which I am, rank 15) and I want money (i.e. to sell for money) for my 24 bone chips then they are NOT surplus.
However, in #3 you stated that a surplus is "more than or in excess of what is needed or required". Gladiators neither need nor require bone chips... in fact, the total sum of what a Gladiator can do with bone chips is discard, give away, trade, sell. So #3 conflicts with #4.
In #2 you said to give "the extra surplus. Not ALL," but as I just pointed out, since Gladiators cannot actually do anything with bone chips all 24 would be surplus. So #2 conflicts with #4.
So, #1 says "If you have a surplus of mats", which in this example the Gladiator does, "why not give it to someone who needs help?" Well, let's see, who can be helped with the Gladiator's surplus of bone chips? Oh, how about a Goldsmith? A Goldsmith can make TONS of things with bone chips, and it will help them gain the skill that they need to do repairs for people! Great idea, all DoWs and DoMs and DoLs should give ALL of their mats and shards/crystals to DoHs (unless they are a DoH themselves), because crafters actually NEED them, and it will HELP them.....
But you didn't mean that did you?
Because you said in #4, if the Gladiator wants money, it isn't surplus.
Therefore, I posit that a crafter, by YOUR definition, CANNOT have a surplus of mats because they could USE them to make money EVEN just by vendor-trashing them (and they could certainly put them to better use than a non-crafter).

Quote:
Waiting tables has absolutely nothing to do with anything that has been said.


Only someone that has never waited tables (or who can't keep their logic straight {see above}) would say that.
People who are crafting want to have fun just like everybody else, we have our own goals, time restrictions, and lives offline. Expecting every crafter to snap to attention and service you because you were out playing and broke your armor is EXACTLY like treating them like a waiter.

Quote:
People sitting at a table are not asking for help, they are paying for a service.


My very point was, if they leave a penny on the table (1gil on their bazaar) they aren't paying for a service and they aren't showing respect (in fact, stiffing a server is generally considered LESS offensive)... and by the way, repairs ARE a service. And similar to if you don't leave TIPS (To Insure Proper Service) or leave 1 penny you will likely get poor service (or something vile in your food/drink) the next time you visit the dining establishment (trust me, if you leave a penny your server will remember you... do NOT, by any means, go back to that restaurant again, this advice is free, you are welcome), if you don't show at least a modicum of respect to the people (you know, the fleshy things on the other side of the internet that have feelings and stuff) who are taking the time out to help you by repairing your gear, well, your gear is unlikely to get repaired (just be glad people can't put vile things in your armor).

If you have a different view of things, that's fine... but please don't get on a high-horse and try to tell me what MY intentions are or are not, especially not if your implication is that I am motivated by greed.

Sincerely,
Ailys Foxglove
-Kashuan
#104 Nov 21 2010 at 3:44 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,801 posts
LordAshal wrote:
Vedis wrote:
LordAshal wrote:
Vedis wrote:
explain how it is remotely possible for someone to have nothing to give in return


They sold they're crystals and shards to amass gil for the purchase of armor and weapons.



theres a HUGE flaw in your logic here

if they just spent everything to buy the gear

its already fully repaired......
if they bought the gear, and had stuff that was broken that was nesisary to fight with(the stuff they didnt replace) they should have set their priorities straight and repaired it before buying more gear.

what your stating is basicaly to help those who cant help themselves because they dont want to, not because they cant.


if the person just got new gear, they are broke, they have the ability to go farm for mats/money to repair stuff, plain and simple


You asked how it could be possible to have nothing to give in return, I answered you.


Yeah but it was a bad answer. If you truly are completely broke, then, news flash, you can still farm in broken gear, just fight weaker mobs.

The 1g offer in a bazaar for repairs is offensive. Why? Because it's a sign of how much you value my items and abilities. You do not value it at all, and I'm sure you would put 0g there if you could. I have never repaired something from someone I don't know for that price.

On the flip side, I once saw someone asking for a ring to be repaired in their bazaar. They were offering 3 fire crystals in exchange. Even though I did not have any silver nuggets, or any fire crystals to make any, I went off to a different bazaar, bought a fire crystal, went to the guild, used facilities to make some nuggets, went back, and repaired that person's item. Worth it for the "profit" I made for the time invested? No, but I wanted to give that person the positive reinforcement of "Hey, if I put a valued price/exchange on items I want repaired, it will get done"
____________________________
Bloodsail Admiral since 5/16/05
#105 Nov 21 2010 at 3:46 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
AilysFoxglove wrote:
klepp6761 wrote:
i agree w/ the OP. crafters need to realize we need them to take time away from their grinding and get some sp from reparing instead in order for us to go out and get the crystals they need to craft to begin with. They need to make the rewards for repairing a bit more lucrative cause when im paying 5k an item for a repair and no one will take 30 seconds out for me to PAY THEM to gain sp. something is wrong. no one can keep up w/ a 75% repair for 200k each time @ the ripoff NPC either. Its already cost me way TOO much $$ due to the fact I have limited playtime and I dont want to spend it standing around spamming in hopes of getting repaired. Im already getting flashbacks of standing in jeuno LFG for 10 hours before quitting FFXI out of frustration.


Just to illustrate part of my earlier point... I don't believe you could find a single crafter who says that SP gain is why they do repairs.

I've been synthing Weaver today...
average synth success (leve) = ~400 SP (no mat or shard/crystal cost)
average synth failure (leve) = ~200 SP (no mat or shard/crystal cost)
average synth success (non-leve) = 250+ SP (mat and shard/crystal cost, gear return)
average synth failure (non-leve) = 120+ SP (mat and shard/crystal cost, no gear return)
average repair success = ~20 SP (mat cost, no gear return)
EXACT repair failure = nada, nil, nothing, zip, zero, and zilch (mat cost, no gear return)

For anyone to think that a crafter (who isn't just in "super-helpful" mode) would break away from their own synthing for the "SP gain" they would either have to be completely unaware of the above, or certifiable.

So, Klepp, what I ask you is this...
When the NPC would cost you 200k (your estimate) to repair to 75%, AND since I stated the comparative returns on crafting-vs-repairing (my estimates), would you ever be so... bold ... as to put 1gil up for repairs and then complain that you had to wait for a (apparently very kind-hearted) person to actually take up your offer?


Now, LordAshal...
Quote:
You're missing the point entirely.

If someone asks for help, and they have very little gil. They offer you 1gil in compensation, it should be enough if you asked for nothing.


As far as "they have very little gil"... how do you know that, exactly?
How did their gear get damaged? By fighting mobs, I believe is the assumption here, since we're talking non-crafters. In order to assume that they have no way of compensating for repairs you have to assume that in that time of fighting mobs they did not get gil (agreed... most mobs don't drop gil), did not get loot (which could be sold to an NPC for funds or, even if it is small compensation, offered to the repairing crafter), and they also did not get shards/crystals... which, if they weren't needing repairs, then they would probably be putting them in their bazaar to SELL to crafters.
However, you are saying that after spending enough time fighting mobs that their gear has worn down to a completely unusable state (which is impossible, I've fought with a blade with 1hp. It isn't a good idea and you can't fight the same mobs that you can when your gear is in order, but it can be done) they have NOTHING except 1gil to offer... That somehow, they beat EVERY statistical odd for hours, to come up COMPLETELY empty-handed...
I say that you are being irrationally obstinate about your point.

Quote:
If you ask for nothing and recieve nothing, but you feel slighted for getting nothing then your intentions are greed and less pure as you say.

If you ask for nothing, getting 1gil is not saying anything because you asked for nothing.

Did you even read anything I said.


Yes, all of it... did you read what I said?
me wrote:
But when I see someone offering 1gil for a repair... They don't get it from me, that's for sure.


Notice I said "when I see", not "when they come up, give me a sob story, and ask nicely". As in, I'm walking by the repair NPC checking out people's bazaars (probably because I need things myself, often shards of some sort or another) and I see someone has put up a Hempen Tunic (easy fix) that is damaged and they are offering 1gil for the repair... and btw, usually those people also have "X shards ... selling ... 400 ea.", so they just want to rape crafters in both major orifices, don't they? You'll have to forgive me that I neither buy, nor repair.

1.)
Quote:
If you have a surplus of mats, why not give it to someone who needs help?


Well... let's narrow down your definition of "surplus", shall we?

2.)
Quote:
You didn't read anything I said either.
If you have a SURPLUS. A SURPLUS. Meaning extra, then give the extra surplus. Not ALL.

3.)
Quote:
Do you know what surplus means?
"Being more than or in excess of what is needed or required: surplus grain."

4.)
Quote:
If you're a gladiator, and you get 50,000 bone chips and you want money for them, they are not surplus. If you don't need them, and don't want anything for them then it's surplus.


Well... first off let's be a bit reasonable about #4, (since nobody can hold 50,000 bone chips) let's say 24 Bone Chips (that's 2 stacks of 12).
You stated in #4 that if I'm a Gladiator (which I am, rank 15) and I want money (i.e. to sell for money) for my 24 bone chips then they are NOT surplus.
However, in #3 you stated that a surplus is "more than or in excess of what is needed or required". Gladiators neither need nor require bone chips... in fact, the total sum of what a Gladiator can do with bone chips is discard, give away, trade, sell. So #3 conflicts with #4.
In #2 you said to give "the extra surplus. Not ALL," but as I just pointed out, since Gladiators cannot actually do anything with bone chips all 24 would be surplus. So #2 conflicts with #4.
So, #1 says "If you have a surplus of mats", which in this example the Gladiator does, "why not give it to someone who needs help?" Well, let's see, who can be helped with the Gladiator's surplus of bone chips? Oh, how about a Goldsmith? A Goldsmith can make TONS of things with bone chips, and it will help them gain the skill that they need to do repairs for people! Great idea, all DoWs and DoMs and DoLs should give ALL of their mats and shards/crystals to DoHs (unless they are a DoH themselves), because crafters actually NEED them, and it will HELP them.....
But you didn't mean that did you?
Because you said in #4, if the Gladiator wants money, it isn't surplus.
Therefore, I posit that a crafter, by YOUR definition, CANNOT have a surplus of mats because they could USE them to make money EVEN just by vendor-trashing them (and they could certainly put them to better use than a non-crafter).

Quote:
Waiting tables has absolutely nothing to do with anything that has been said.


Only someone that has never waited tables (or who can't keep their logic straight {see above}) would say that.
People who are crafting want to have fun just like everybody else, we have our own goals, time restrictions, and lives offline. Expecting every crafter to snap to attention and service you because you were out playing and broke your armor is EXACTLY like treating them like a waiter.

Quote:
People sitting at a table are not asking for help, they are paying for a service.


My very point was, if they leave a penny on the table (1gil on their bazaar) they aren't paying for a service and they aren't showing respect (in fact, stiffing a server is generally considered LESS offensive)... and by the way, repairs ARE a service. And similar to if you don't leave TIPS (To Insure Proper Service) or leave 1 penny you will likely get poor service (or something vile in your food/drink) the next time you visit the dining establishment (trust me, if you leave a penny your server will remember you... do NOT, by any means, go back to that restaurant again, this advice is free, you are welcome), if you don't show at least a modicum of respect to the people (you know, the fleshy things on the other side of the internet that have feelings and stuff) who are taking the time out to help you by repairing your gear, well, your gear is unlikely to get repaired (just be glad people can't put vile things in your armor).

If you have a different view of things, that's fine... but please don't get on a high-horse and try to tell me what MY intentions are or are not, especially not if your implication is that I am motivated by greed.

Sincerely,
Ailys Foxglove
-Kashuan


Nice, again you said it better than I could, but this time you're first. I'll just add...


People are reading your posts fine LordVashal. I don't think anyone's disagreeing about helping people in those hypothetical scenarios. If someone really were in need, only had 1gil, and nothing to trade...sure people would help. If they already have the mats, awesome. If you're just feeling generous and wanna give out free repairs, bonus.

What most people are talking about is the rest of the game aside from those hypotheticals. The trading cycle that also includes repairs as a needed service and a lot of people want to take, but not give.
____________________________

#106 Nov 21 2010 at 4:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*
90 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Nice, again you said it better than I could, but this time you're first. I'll just add...


People are reading your posts fine LordVashal. I don't think anyone's disagreeing about helping people in those hypothetical scenarios. If someone really were in need, only had 1gil, and nothing to trade...sure people would help. If they already have the mats, awesome. If you're just feeling generous and wanna give out free repairs, bonus.

What most people are talking about is the rest of the game aside from those hypotheticals. The trading cycle that also includes repairs as a needed service and a lot of people want to take, but not give.


Thank you, my flower-sister, and you said it much more succinctly than I could. :P

Sincerely,
Ailys Foxglove
-Kashuan
#107 Nov 21 2010 at 4:20 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
LyleVertigo wrote:
Zorvan wrote:

Some of us don't know the difference between communism and socialism either, apparently.


Is there really a difference? No, there isn't.


Yes, there is. Google helps the uneducated catch up.
____________________________



#108 Nov 22 2010 at 1:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
Yeah, you bring up a good point, that there simply aren't people available to repair things, which is another huge flaw I think in this system.


A possible problem I see on the horizon is that crafters *might* eventually make
so much cash with high level gear, that (understandably) they won't bother with
repairs. I don't blame them at all; they also want to spend their time in the most
efficient way.

By the way: I finally started Goldsmithing. I didn't want to, the game system more
or less forced my hand. But it doesn't turn out to be soooo bad after all (yet).
Just another timesink on the way to what I really wanted to do: Kill stuff.

In fully repaired gear.
#109 Nov 22 2010 at 2:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
76 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, you bring up a good point, that there simply aren't people available to repair things, which is another huge flaw I think in this system.


A possible problem I see on the horizon is that crafters *might* eventually make
so much cash with high level gear, that (understandably) they won't bother with
repairs. I don't blame them at all; they also want to spend their time in the most
efficient way.

By the way: I finally started Goldsmithing. I didn't want to, the game system more
or less forced my hand. But it doesn't turn out to be soooo bad after all (yet).
Just another timesink on the way to what I really wanted to do: Kill stuff.

In fully repaired gear.


I earn 100k+ fm battle leves easily every leves reset. You know what? 8 battle leves only took me 5 mins excluding the running. Do you think I will bother with your merely 4k repairing offer? Do you really think crafters that do the repair for you only because of that 4k?

FFXIV punish ppl who dont make friends/communicate with other ppl/being cheap.
#110 Nov 22 2010 at 2:55 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,576 posts
klepp6761 wrote:
i agree w/ the OP. crafters need to realize we need them to take time away from their grinding and get some sp from reparing instead in order for us to go out and get the crystals they need to craft to begin with. They need to make the rewards for repairing a bit more lucrative cause when im paying 5k an item for a repair and no one will take 30 seconds out for me to PAY THEM to gain sp. something is wrong. no one can keep up w/ a 75% repair for 200k each time @ the ripoff NPC either. Its already cost me way TOO much $$ due to the fact I have limited playtime and I dont want to spend it standing around spamming in hopes of getting repaired. Im already getting flashbacks of standing in jeuno LFG for 10 hours before quitting FFXI out of frustration.


Any idea how much SP I get for your average repair? 40-50 for a good one. I think if I do the full stretch (repairing NQ gear a full 10 ranks above my crafting rank) it's worth up to 60.

An at-rank synthesis (ie. recipe rank is the same rank as my class rank) yields 250 SP on average (some synths will give less, some will give more).

So I can stop what I'm doing, see what you need repaired, repair it if I can and then send you back out on your way to grind SP and farm the shards you're going to try and gouge me on later. Either that or I can just ignore your pleas and carry on doing what I'm doing. See, I KNOW there are some great people playing this game who will go out of their way to be fair and reasonable, but after my first couple of weeks in the game I determined that it wasn't worth my time sorting through the jackasses in my desire to find and serve those decent folks. Protip for the decent folks: you're outnumbered. Take a look around you the next time you log in. Fully half the people standing around you at the levequest counter or the repair NPC are ******* idiots. They're cheap, lazy, arrogant, rude, and downright stupid. They're more than happy to offer an ounce of compensation for a pound of service and beak off if they can't get it.

There's work SE needs to do at the developer level to expedite the repair process. And there's work that needs to be done at a community level to bring crafters and killers together to get things done. SE can fix the UI and the process in general. The community will never change.

Gil is largely meaningless to me. I make my own gear. I make my own repair mats and repair my own gear. Offer me a few crystals of the type I use on a regular basis and we can talk. Anything else and if I don't know you, I've got nothing for you. My experience thus far has shown you that my time in the game is more enjoyable that way.
#111 Nov 22 2010 at 3:11 AM Rating: Decent
*
155 posts
lol, i hardly need crafters to repiar my gears, i just go npc, by the time i need repairing i got heaps of gill already. never run out of gil in this game if you got half the brain. this game really no one really need no one, you pick your way how play,. play smart.


____________________________


#112 Nov 22 2010 at 3:30 AM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
namasy wrote:
lol, i hardly need crafters to repiar my gears, i just go npc, by the time i need repairing i got heaps of gill already. never run out of gil in this game if you got half the brain. this game really no one really need no one, you pick your way how play,. play smart.





Ouch, really? You are willing to spend hundreds of thousands to repair your gear up to 75% when every crafter out there will jump on you to do it for half and for 100%?

Yeah, money is super easy to make, but why needlessly **** it away? Who knows how things will be later on, you might regret tossing all that gil away.
____________________________

#113 Nov 22 2010 at 3:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Because it's faster.
You know, like "casual with little time".
What this game was originally intended to be for (also)?

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 4:55am by Rinsui
#114 Nov 22 2010 at 7:08 AM Rating: Excellent
*
73 posts
I stopped repairing random peoples gear weeks ago. I repair anyones gear in my linkshell though, and most of them do the 1 gil thing to me. :(

All the reasons have been stated in this thread - everything from arrogant asshats demanding I fix their gear at a guild, to the 1 gil person spamming /shout at the repair NPC.

The last confrontation I had, was at the armourers guild. Someone wanted their Bronze Pelta fixed.. it takes a bronze plate. He was /telling people in front of them while they were synthing - and I made the sad mistake to respond.
I don't keep bronze plates anymore.. just keep nuggets on me. So it takes 8 earth, and 8 fire shards to make. Not to mention I just got master support at the guild (you know, the reason most people hang out there)

He offered me 1k gil. And didn't want to wait. Thus the arguement started. People like this is what ruined it for people looking for repairs. And as stated, these asshats out number the honest/good people out there who I don't mind helping (see: Linkshell)

I find it difficult to believe that a DoW doesn't have shards or gil. When they stand in front of me lying, they get ignored pretty quick.


I learned in about 5 minutes in the open beta how things we're going to pan out - and made the decisions on what I was going to level before the 'restart' in September.. I wanted to be self-sufficient and am leveling gladiator/maurader + armourer/blacksmith + mining. I have the "jack of all trades" symptom, so it takes a fair bit of time for me to level anything.. but i'm ok with that, i'm in no rush. If someone only wanted to do DoW - I can see the issues they would have trying to level.. especially if they are just starting the game.

I think the idea of a auction house for repairs, or at least a repair ward would be awesome.
If they did a repair ward, somehow eject the person after the repair is complete (or move them?) - and have each stand be the different craft class.
I really like the idea of the Auction House repair system - DoW would give their weapon + mats to repair, and recieve a fully repaired item (i'm sure SE would throw a tax in there somehow).. and crafters could (slowly) level up a craft between leves. :)

____________________________
FFXI: Rison of Alexander (retired)
FFXIV: Rison Srithuram of Palamecia
LS: Omnipresence [ http://omnipresencels.com ]
#115 Nov 22 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,949 posts
When I want my baghnakhs repaired, I put them up for 15,000 gil repairs.

1 iron square. << worthlessly cheap
35+ armorer to fix them << lots of time and hard work

I could ask a LS mate to make me 99 iron square, and I could offer no gil and 1 square per repair instead and be cheap like I see so many people, yet I don't, because I actually value the time and effort of those rank35+ armorers; it's something I can't see myself grinding to (too high for my taste in the armor business) so I reward those with the will and the skill.

The funny thing is, I'm starting to get a reputation of having those knuckles and offering good reward as I never have to /shout anymore when I need them fixed. I've seen the same armorer walk up to me and fix them a few times without me having anything to say or do.

I wish people understood the principles of giving proper incentives.

/Tangent on
I saw someone offering 6 crystals + 12 cotton bolls for 72 cotton threads. Basically he's giving the mats in exchange for a 100% synth rate, paid in advance. He doesn't care if you break or HQ, it's your choice. His argument is: he doesn't get XP doing it, yet others do.

Fine, good idea to ask lowbie crafters to help you out and hand them the SP, but they get absolutely no leeway. To me, this is ridiculously cutthroat to offer such a deal, and the worst is that some people do bite and take that offer.

If it was 8 crystals and 16 bolls for 72 threads, then I can see lots more people taking up the offer: they get to keep 24 threads for themselves, assuming no breaks; a risk worth taking.
/Tangent off
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)