Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Buddy PassFollow

#1 Nov 20 2010 at 6:34 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Hello there. I am new to these forums, and a friend of mine told me this is the place to go if you're interested in FF14. Sorry if this thread is not in the right section.

Due to overwhelming negative reviews I did not wish to buy the game, however, after viewing the future patchnotes my interest came back. I am just asking if anyone would be so kind to give me a buddy pass to experience the game, or direct me as to where i might find a place that gives out FF14 passes. I promise i will become an active participant in these forums and post my opinions and what not on the game for as long as the pass lasts, and may in turn buy it if i enjoyed my time with the game.

Once again i apologize if these sorts of threads aren't allowed in general, i just don't really have any friends that would be interested in such a game, let alone ones that would have bought the collector's edition. Also sorry about the name, my usual internet alias was taken.
#2 Nov 20 2010 at 7:25 AM Rating: Good
**
618 posts
Getting a buddy pass is like having a full retail version of the game. You don't need to go out and buy it, because of that reason. Not saying that someone isn't generous and will give one out. Good luck with trying to track one down. Your best bet is go out and buy one, or by chance you have a ps3... wait until the beta comes out for it and try it then. If you like it then you should have to buy it like 99% of us did for the PC version
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#3 Nov 20 2010 at 7:50 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
Where do these buddy passes come from anyway?
#4 Nov 20 2010 at 8:15 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
551 posts
Wolfeinstein wrote:
Where do these buddy passes come from anyway?


Collector Editions.
____________________________



#5 Nov 20 2010 at 8:20 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
Zorvan wrote:
Wolfeinstein wrote:
Where do these buddy passes come from anyway?


Collector Editions.

Really? The CE is worth two copies of the game?
#6 Nov 20 2010 at 10:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
Wolfeinstein wrote:
Zorvan wrote:
Wolfeinstein wrote:
Where do these buddy passes come from anyway?


Collector Editions.

Really? The CE is worth two copies of the game?

Indeed, those of us who bought the CE paid more than twice as much as those that got the regular edition in some cases.

eg. I paid about $75 when I pre-oredered FFXIV from amazon, but my friend got a regular edition copy from from amazon for $50 and got a $20 coupon to boot.

Seems fair to me.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#7 Nov 20 2010 at 10:44 AM Rating: Good
*
246 posts
Yeah, the CE comes with the buddy pass. I think you're going to find it rather difficult to get a buddy pass. Not because nobody is willing to share, but because they most likely have been already used. I gave mine to my room mate. I expected him to only be able to play for 30 days, but that's not the case. He is still playing, so what SillyHawk says is true. You have to put in your credit card information to be able to play with the buddy pass. Which means my friend will be a paying member just like me after they stop with the free trials. Makes me feel better about my purchase. Because I was rather disappointed to find out that us Americans don't get the cloth map like other people. I really wanted that, could care less about the silly tumbler.
____________________________
#8 Nov 20 2010 at 11:31 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
I bought the CE, I was just in a hurry to install and play the game I forgot to check what those other stuff is for. I'm going to check my box for the pass tomorrow and pm it to you.

EDIT: Ah btw pm me first so I know you still need one.


Edited, Nov 20th 2010 12:45pm by Wolfeinstein
#9 Nov 20 2010 at 5:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
Ararmoire wrote:
Yeah, the CE comes with the buddy pass. I think you're going to find it rather difficult to get a buddy pass. Not because nobody is willing to share, but because they most likely have been already used. I gave mine to my room mate. I expected him to only be able to play for 30 days, but that's not the case. He is still playing, so what SillyHawk says is true. You have to put in your credit card information to be able to play with the buddy pass. Which means my friend will be a paying member just like me after they stop with the free trials. Makes me feel better about my purchase. Because I was rather disappointed to find out that us Americans don't get the cloth map like other people. I really wanted that, could care less about the silly tumbler.


You don't need a CC. You just choose the crysta option, you don't even have to buy any crysta.
____________________________



#10 Nov 20 2010 at 6:17 PM Rating: Good
*
246 posts
Meh, I didn't bother with the Crysta thing, since I have a credit card. But, thanks for informing me about that ^_^ Really didn't know I could do that.
____________________________
#11 Nov 22 2010 at 5:42 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts

I was lucky enough to get a buddy pass. At first I thought it was sort of a 30-day trial where I would still have to buy the retail version and use the code to continue playing. I was ecstatic to find out later that it served as a full version of the ame. :D
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#12 Nov 22 2010 at 5:47 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
116 posts
Quote:
eg. I paid about $75 when I pre-oredered FFXIV from amazon, but my friend got a regular edition copy from from amazon for $50 and got a $20 coupon to boot.


Yeah but we CE buyers got that awesome tin thing too. Only problem is, i've drunk so much moonshine from mine it's become damaged and requires a 40+ Blacksmith to repair :P
#13 Nov 23 2010 at 12:08 AM Rating: Good
*
246 posts
M0RZA wrote:
Quote:
eg. I paid about $75 when I pre-oredered FFXIV from amazon, but my friend got a regular edition copy from from amazon for $50 and got a $20 coupon to boot.


Yeah but we CE buyers got that awesome tin thing too. Only problem is, i've drunk so much moonshine from mine it's become damaged and requires a 40+ Blacksmith to repair :P



Roflmao! That is the only reason for me to have that tumbler, am a bit jealous about that. But, I would much rather have the cloth map. It really sucks that I pay the same amount for the CE as others, but I get less stuff with my purchase. I would really like to have that map. Or at least have something that no other country gets. But, I did get my certificate in the mail a few days ago. I absolutely love it, kinda makes me forget that I don't have that map lol.
____________________________
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)